Author Topic: Are religious pros lame?  (Read 32696 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
Re: Are religious pros lame?
« Reply #300 on: August 13, 2021, 03:42:06 AM »
Expand Quote
I ve never met a religious person that is not lame. The problem is that religion tends to numb your brain because everything is god's will or god has his ways, so you dont have to think. I really hate it when I think that this kind of thinking in a large scale affects me through politics, many politicians get a free pass just because they preach god's will and all these sentimental bullshit and religious people accept it. Most poor conservatives are religious.

Christianism when first appeared wasnt like that, actually it was revolutionary and forward thinking. Actually what we have today is the christianism that was integrated into the system and became part of it centuries ago.
[close]

Agreed - Religion was created to cause divide in the human race but thats another topic...

OK, I’ll bite.

I’m critical of religion, but you could also consider me religious.

If religion was created to divide the human race, who created it? And why did that person(s?) want to cause division?

Because religion is central to people from megachurches in Florida to Subsaharan nomads to tribes living in the Amazon.
Who managed to create all those divisions?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #301 on: August 13, 2021, 03:45:16 AM »
it wasn't created to divide it was created to guide. the beast within us needs some sort of structure to follow. it was meant to be training wheels i think so to speak but was infiltrated by whatever evil is. just my shitty two cents
even the steven

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #302 on: August 13, 2021, 03:53:00 AM »
Hosois ranting made me mute him on insta.  That's about it.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #303 on: August 13, 2021, 05:05:22 AM »
I reckon it was cunts tripping out on drugs and they didn’t know
Like that shrine of Delphi they were just living in a gas cave or some shit and Moses was on shrooms when he saw that burning bush, heaps of those religious experience things sound like they were hallucinating the Mohammed cave one, too

I reckon particular people in time had profound trips and shit just snowballed, no big conspiracy

Like, dmt and shit is in so many plants and animals around the world cunts have to have tripped out on shit by mistake

I mean they were full primitives they woulda been hungry all the time, one of those people find a bunch of wild mushrooms they would have just ate the lot
Just imagine it, a whole bunch like that on an empty stomach
It would boot your arse around the universe for a couple days for sure
listen to cosmic psychos

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #305 on: August 13, 2021, 05:53:57 AM »
manna in the desert was shrooms. moses was tripping balls when he saw the swaying bush

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2021, 06:10:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This thread is pure bigotry. Could you imagine a thread criticizing Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist or Sikh skateboarders? It’s abhorrent, no different than racist, misogynist, homophobic and transphobic garbage that is rightfully condemned all over this forum. I’m not sure how so few people here can see the blatant contradiction and hypocrisy.

Not surprising though, it’s exactly what I said in the Daan thread.
[close]
It’s simply not though. Religion is a choice.
[close]

Leviticus 25:44-46 It’s ok to own slaves
Exodus 21:7-10 How to sell your daughter
Exodus 22:16-17 How to buy a virgin
Exodus 20:17 Women as property
Leviticus 19:20-22 it’s ok to rape a slave

If you actually read the Christian bible and you are like “Yes, I will base my life around these teachings “ you are a fucking sociopath.
All religions are silly superstitions that we as monkeys can’t seem to shake.
[close]

This thread is getting fun for the none! 

I'm no expert, just sincerely curious, aren't those Jewish bible books?  Trying to follow your logistics in that quote.  (not accusing / excusing you of anti-semitism.  One love)
[close]

Yes that's all the talmud/old testament. I have to say i do think it's very funny that Christians just took Judaism and said "hey why don't we slap this granny flat called the new testament on to your easement"
[close]

I thought so.

And weren't the first Christians all Jews, even the founder?  So Jews taking Judaism and adding the granny is what you're saying happened?
[close]

Yes according to the lore, all the original apostles were Jews, but post resurrection and later Ascension into heaven, the apostles (as well as Paul whose story is covered immediately after the gospels of Matthew, mark, Luke and John) were given the great commission to go out and spread the word to gentiles as well as jews

I just looked it up and you're right.  It's whitewashing of sorts to say the christians wrote the new testament.  Actually it was jews who were into jesus. 

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2021, 06:22:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This thread is pure bigotry. Could you imagine a thread criticizing Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist or Sikh skateboarders? It’s abhorrent, no different than racist, misogynist, homophobic and transphobic garbage that is rightfully condemned all over this forum. I’m not sure how so few people here can see the blatant contradiction and hypocrisy.

[close]
[close]

If you actually read the Christian bible and you are like “Yes, I will base my life around these teachings “ you are a fucking sociopath.
[close]

I'm no expert, just sincerely curious, aren't those Jewish bible books?  Trying to follow your logistics in that quote.  (not accusing / excusing you of anti-semitism.  One love)
[close]

Yes that's all the talmud/old testament. I have to say i do think it's very funny that Christians just took Judaism and said "hey why don't we slap this granny flat called the new testament on to your easement"
[close]

I thought so.

And weren't the first Christians all Jews, even the founder?  So Jews taking Judaism and adding the granny is what you're saying happened?
[close]

Yes according to the lore, all the original apostles were Jews, but post resurrection and later Ascension into heaven, the apostles (as well as Paul whose story is covered immediately after the gospels of Matthew, mark, Luke and John) were given the great commission to go out and spread the word to gentiles as well as jews
[close]

I just looked it up and you're right.  It's whitewashing of sorts to say the christians wrote the new testament.  Actually it was jews who were into jesus.

I mean technically they were the first Christians but yes they were all Jewish in Jesus' inner circle but throughout the gospel there are plenty of gentiles who are converted after encounters with Jesus. Things really took off in the epistles where Paul is writing letters to different churches that he helped start throughput the Roman empire at the time.

velvethammer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2021, 07:40:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought so.

[close]

[close]

[close]

I mean technically they were the first Christians but yes they were all Jewish in Jesus' inner circle but throughout the gospel there are plenty of gentiles who are converted after encounters with Jesus. Things really took off in the epistles where Paul is writing letters to different churches that he helped start throughput the Roman empire at the time.
To be a Christian you have to believe that Jesus is God. In Judaism there is only God. If you are worshiping Jesus, to Jews you are worshiping a false prophet.
Take a minute and think about that.
The chosen people of the Christian bible are convinced if you worship Jesus you are going to hell.
Superstitions are very powerful if stupid people are in control.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 07:50:05 AM by velvethammer »

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2021, 08:24:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought so.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
To be a Christian you have to believe that Jesus is God. In Judaism there is only God. If you are worshiping Jesus, to Jews you are worshiping a false prophet.
The chosen people of the Christian bible are convinced if you worship Jesus you are going to hell.

Are you saying that a Jewish person who believes in Jesus is not a Jewish person?

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2021, 08:35:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought so.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Are you saying that a Jewish person who believes in Jesus is not a Jewish person?

Yeah i was just making the point that they were all ethnically Jewish in Jesus' inner circle. I'm not sure the point he's trying to make, that you can only be fully Jewish if you're ethnically and religiously Jewish which is a pretty hardline stance to take

velvethammer

• Rep: -8
« Reply #311 on: August 13, 2021, 08:47:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I thought so.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

No, I am saying they do not follow the teachings of Judaism if they think Jesus is a God.

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #312 on: August 13, 2021, 09:03:13 AM »
yeah i can't buy the whole jesus is god thing especially when in the Quran jesus speaks as a baby while he's in his crib and states very clearly he is not god but a servant. yet another trick of the "devil" it's all names really.
even the steven

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #313 on: August 13, 2021, 09:07:53 AM »
Apparently there are a ton of Jewish people who believe that believing in Jesus is the most consistently Jewish thing you can do. (found this video below).  My earlier point about white washing is that saying "Christians wrote the new testament" washes out the jewishness of it.

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #314 on: August 13, 2021, 11:11:08 AM »
Religion ist the biggest scam in human history

Edit: and yes religious people are lame in general. Same goes for religious pros.

etude

• Rep: 3
« Reply #315 on: August 14, 2021, 12:38:42 PM »
- This old debate seems to be about skateboarders protecting skateboarding. Like, you shouldn't have any other devotion. It makes you suspect.
- Honestly, I am more freaked out by pro skaters who play golf.
- Doug Brown isn't religious, but he writes like he is the second coming.
- Some religious pros are your favorite skaters
- Some atheist pros are your favorite skaters.
- I've met pros who are totally idolised in the 'cool' camp who are low-key religious.
- I've met pros who are bragging about Jesus and they are far from 'religious'

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -212
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #316 on: August 14, 2021, 12:41:01 PM »
- This old debate seems to be about skateboarders protecting skateboarding. Like, you shouldn't have any other devotion. It makes you suspect.
- Honestly, I am more freaked out by pro skaters who play golf.
- Doug Brown isn't religious, but he writes like he is the second coming.
- Some religious pros are your favorite skaters
- Some atheist pros are your favorite skaters.
- I've met pros who are totally idolised in the 'cool' camp who are low-key religious.
- I've met pros who are bragging about Jesus and they are far from 'religious'

This.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

mushroom slice

« Reply #317 on: August 14, 2021, 07:18:27 PM »
Skateboarding is religions. There are many gods in skateboarding. Pray to the kickflips god and get that kickflips. Only you will make you do that kickflips you young god. Go get it.

Crusty Grundle

« Reply #318 on: September 21, 2021, 02:30:58 PM »
A buddy of mine told me this story... He was at the Vans Park watching the action and he saw Hosoi skating. Being a fan of Hosoi, he was pretty stoked. Apparently, Hosoi noticed him and walked over to him and started a conversation. I don't remember everything my buddy said about the conversation but at one point Hosoi asked him if he had "heard the good news?" At that point the whole conversation turned into a preachy sermon and my friend got so bummed. I always thought that was kinda funny.

IpathCats

« Reply #319 on: September 21, 2021, 03:05:26 PM »
I mean, religion is pretty lame, or at least organized forms of it are.... Sooo....yea, I'm gonna say yea. Religious pros are lame. Final answer.

Brguy

« Reply #320 on: September 21, 2021, 03:13:08 PM »

I think I made a mistake to stop on Teenager of The Year.

it wasn't created to divide it was created to guide. the beast within us needs some sort of structure to follow. it was meant to be training wheels i think so to speak but was infiltrated by whatever evil is. just my shitty two cents
The whole thing about having a pope and middle age shenanigans were the biggest fuck ups in christianism.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 03:20:12 PM by Brguy »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #321 on: September 21, 2021, 03:45:06 PM »
What about Rastafarian pros? Surely they get a pass.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -137
« Reply #322 on: September 21, 2021, 04:11:22 PM »
stop bumping this dog shit thread. Keep your religion away from skating, even satanism in skateboarding is cheesy
big texas cummer

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #323 on: September 21, 2021, 04:46:04 PM »
My father in law has a set of corny Christian related dad jokes he fires off in crowded public places, his two favorite:

How did the priest make holy water? He boiled the hell out of it!

And

The Bible says the husband is supposed to  make coffee for his wife. You know where it says that? In Hebrews!

Yea he doesn’t skate.

StillTryin

• Rep: 41
« Reply #324 on: September 21, 2021, 05:33:27 PM »
Not sure if it makes a pro fully lame, but it increases the lameness for sure. So if a pro is already quite lame, being religious on top of it will seal the deal for me.

I don't really care for satanism in skating either. Difference is pentagrams and 666 whatever is edgy provocative semi self-aware skate-and-destroy type humor, and Reliance Skateboards are actually skating for the Jeez.

No kid wearing a pentagram thrasher shirt will come up to you and preach at the park, so satan gets a pass even though I don't go for that shit.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #325 on: September 21, 2021, 05:52:52 PM »
Yes but only if they rode for Ipath also each time a white person gets dreads a baby dies in Jamaica.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #326 on: September 21, 2021, 09:18:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes but only if they rode for Ipath also each time a white person gets dreads a baby dies in Jamaica.

One thing we all should be able to agree on… Rasta colorways are an absolute abomination.

mushroom slice

« Reply #327 on: October 01, 2021, 05:35:09 PM »
NO

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #328 on: October 01, 2021, 06:01:33 PM »
Fucking gnarred, that is funny shit

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 434
« Reply #329 on: October 02, 2021, 03:49:46 AM »
I reckon it was cunts tripping out on drugs and they didn’t know
Like that shrine of Delphi they were just living in a gas cave or some shit and Moses was on shrooms when he saw that burning bush, heaps of those religious experience things sound like they were hallucinating the Mohammed cave one, too

I reckon particular people in time had profound trips and shit just snowballed, no big conspiracy

Like, dmt and shit is in so many plants and animals around the world cunts have to have tripped out on shit by mistake

I mean they were full primitives they woulda been hungry all the time, one of those people find a bunch of wild mushrooms they would have just ate the lot
Just imagine it, a whole bunch like that on an empty stomach
It would boot your arse around the universe for a couple days for sure

I love this. Well done.