Author Topic: Are religious pros lame?  (Read 32625 times)

Fastfreddy

Re: Are religious pros lame?
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 06:09:12 AM »
yes, they're fucking lame.

tortfeasor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2014, 07:41:28 AM »
does this answer your question?

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2014, 08:07:51 AM »

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2014, 08:28:57 AM »
I'm a too each their own sorta of person. Hosoi  is a bit heavy on it, but i respect the fact taht he found whatever comfort he needed to get his shit figured out so thats cool for him.

It's the same shit with music, i tend to shy away from religious bands, but some are fucking great, like Pedro The Lion or early MeWithoutYou

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -601
  • who knows
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2014, 08:32:40 AM »
It doesn't matter at all as long as you're bringing it not singing on the board.
where is home?

dillanharp

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2014, 08:38:12 AM »

McGooch

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2014, 08:39:30 AM »
A large part of Christianity is spreading the word of God and helping others to find Jesus, so honestly if they never talked about it they wouldn't be true Christians.

I mean I don't see why you would criticize someone for their beliefs that's probably the lamest thing ever. You do understand that you were insinuating that Paul Rodriguez should not thank God after he wins a contest. What is wrong with you? Who cares what he does, what he beleives? Who are you to say that he is thanking God for himself? You've seen him pray into his hat before every trick, he beleives his faith in God is giving him the strength do what he's doing and who are you to say he's wrong? He's obviously had a successful life and career, he feels he is blessed and feels God/Jesus has blessed him, I guess you would just call it talent or luck but he doesn't therefore that's like the opposite of arrogance. Also if you're psyched on something and it's a big part of your life you're going to talk about it and it may end up on your board graphic one way of another and that goes for religion too.

Threads like this make me sick. Skateboarding is about individuality and freedom in the purest sense and that seems to be ok with you as long as it doesn't involve religion, namely Christianity. True practicing Christians are some of the nicest people you will meet, there are certainly more negative things to be into. For instance the Austyn 'coke' thread mostly has responses defending drug use or claiming "it's not big deal everyone does it" but when it's a thread about religion and Christianity everyone jumps in saying how lame it is and how this should stop. Do you see the issue I have here?

Yes, because he's saying 'god' helped him win, when 'god' doesn't care if prod wins a skateboard contest, he worked hard himself for the win.

Christian are not the nicest people in the least. As a kid i got bullied by church kids all through junior high and some of high school, for NOT GOING TO CHURCH. Even parents and teachers treated me different when they found out. I feel sorry for those kids now, because they were forced to go to church every sunday and wednesday. That's what's wrong with it.

They all believe it, because they want eternal paradise after death. All they want is the big payout after they die. When the bible says shit like anyone with tattoos shall be put to death. Everyone with cross tats must have missed that bible passage.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »
If you've "got it all figured out" you're a fucking kook regardless of who you do (or don't) pray to.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2014, 09:23:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Chad Tim Tim had one of those stupid christian skater videos and he's still cool. I think Ray Barbee did too.

Religion hurts everyone all the time. Remember that when NASA gets denied funding, legislators make it harder to get an abortion, and homogays can't visit their significant other in the hospital on their death beds. Religion has many functions, many very positive. Religion served as comfort when we had no answers. It brought people together around a common belief. It has made masses rise to ideals greater than the self. The problem is I think at this juncture in human history, we need to put it down like the rabid dog it is because it does more harm than good.
[close]

Did you write that? Or is it a quote, you Nailed it if you did.

Of course I wrote it.

Talking to TMFK about religion is like talking to a wall. You can't divorce good people who practice religion from the bad events religion is directly responsible for. I'm not saying if religion was gone life would be peachy, but it would definitely be better at this point in time. Imagine a world where no violence or prejudices come from what is deemed sacrilegious or divine right either by design or genuine belief of those in power. Imagine a world unfettered by mass delusion. A world of progress rather than conservatism. Religion runs contrary to these ideals. So does it bother me when people maintain religious beliefs in the face of logic and progress? Yes it does. And I'd rather not see it championed by those with influence over others.

Criticizing people for their beliefs is completely valid and acceptable thing to do, or at least it should be. Because you believe in a thing, that doesn't make it special. Especially when the belief's only leg to stand on is because other people believe it too. Besides, examining belief is part of finding truth.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2014, 09:36:12 AM »
"God is dead." - L33tg33k

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »
I wish Gonz would rewrite and illustrate the bible with jesus pushing mongo.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -457
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2014, 10:19:01 AM »
I wish Gonz would rewrite and illustrate the bible with jesus pushing mongo.
jesus would definitely have rocked airspeed shoes, a revive skateboard, and done yo flips

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »
Jesus would use the flat bottom of a mini ramp as a mannual pad.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2014, 10:23:05 AM »
Jesus would sit on the ledge you're skating.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2014, 10:23:34 AM »
Jesus waxes the coping.

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
Jesus will post his footage on your facebook wall.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2014, 10:41:21 AM »

and then like his own post
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2014, 10:42:24 AM »
Jesus is Rusty Bearings.

Irrelevant

• Rep: 5
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 10:48:30 AM »
More Christ-like, less Christians please.

oldgoodburger

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 10:49:44 AM »
yes

GeorgeHanson

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 10:57:48 AM »
Does the pope shit in the woods?

shark tits

« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 11:01:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and then like his own post
ha, nate keegan does that. he's so jesus.

juhzden

• Rep: 6
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 11:02:35 AM »
Any time I do something good around my aunt's house im living at, she keeps saying god enlightened  me to do it.

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2014, 11:05:21 AM »
to answer your question yeah theyre lame, but they have the attention of a demographic that spends money on product so its a good business move.

most shit in skateboarding is lame, from saturday morning cartoon graphics to drug fiend powder sniffing/shooting graphics, to religion and politics most shit is awful. the people involved in skateboarding whether its a professional or a behind the scenes 'industry' doofus are equally as awful too, esp if you get to know them for who they actually are.

just appreciate that having fun riding your skateboard isnt lame and ignore everything else. dont deflower its purity by mucking it up with a bunch of unrelated bullshit that has to do with other facets of peoples lives (like religion) that dont actually impact how someone rides a skateboard.

marketing your brand/ rider using anything other than good skateboarding (like religion/politics/weed smoking/cats/hipster trash/hip hop hood nonsense, etc.) sucks. let skateboarding speak for itself for once

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 11:08:45 AM »
to answer your question yeah theyre lame, but they have the attention of a demographic that spends money on product so its a good business move.

most shit in skateboarding is lame, from saturday morning cartoon graphics to drug fiend powder sniffing/shooting graphics, to religion and politics most shit is awful. the people involved in skateboarding whether its a professional or a behind the scenes 'industry' doofus are equally as awful too, esp if you get to know them for who they actually are.

just appreciate that having fun riding your skateboard isnt lame and ignore everything else. dont deflower its purity by mucking it up with a bunch of unrelated bullshit that has to do with other facets of peoples lives (like religion) that dont actually impact how someone rides a skateboard.

marketing your brand/ rider using anything other than good skateboarding (like religion/politics/weed smoking/cats/hipster trash/hip hop hood nonsense, etc.) sucks. let skateboarding speak for itself for once

Eat a dick Mother Goose. Don't tell me how to live.

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 11:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

ill eat your dick, faggot.

especially if it has a flameboy logo, weed leaf, crucifix, tattooed to it with pubes that resemble andy schrocks beard <3

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2014, 12:26:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

ill eat your dick, faggot.

especially if it has a flameboy logo, weed leaf, crucifix, tattooed to it with pubes that resemble andy schrocks beard <3

Prove it.

D. Bag

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2014, 01:39:21 PM »
Imagine a world where no violence or prejudices come from what is deemed sacrilegious or divine right either by design or genuine belief of those in power.

Instead, people would just keep killing each other and hating each other over the same stupid non-religious shit they do.  Happens every day, man - do you think the asshole who shot the guy who used to deliver Chinese to our store for cigarette money was a religious man?  People are inherently fucked, and do fucked things, religion or not, and that will never change.  Shit, there are probably more people who would go off the deep end and do terrible crap if they didn't fear a reprecussion in the afterlife.  If that keeps some dumbfuck from committing robbery, rape, murder, etc. then I'm all for it, let 'em preach away.

Imagine a world unfettered by mass delusion.

What's tragic is, those who abhor religion seem to be some of the most delusional people of all.  Like the kind who think that trying to make life equal for all is attainable, or that by castigating anyone who doesn't think/act the way they'd like will drive out the behaviors/thoughts/actions that they wish would go away.  People who replace religion with things like "social justice" are simply seeking to create their own secular shrine to worship at, and they do shitty things every day all in a misguided attempt to make the world better, yet they seem to make it worse.

A world of progress rather than conservatism.

Actually, progressivism =/= progress.  Conservatism sucks in many ways as well.  Politics is nothing more than shitty team sports where betting on either side means you lose.  But, as people continue to think that those who don't share their ideals are lesser people, they're simply turning their secularism into a new religion that they use against others.  Yet, they're too blind to see it themselves.

Don't fall for the same schtick that's simply progressivist agenda twisted into the new faith.  While it doesn't call itself religion, it may as well be, for it is as intolerant of all opposition as any religion you can think of.  Except maybe Islam, since they'll just shoot you or cut your head off if you disagree, but that aside, it's pretty shitty.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2014, 02:21:13 PM »
I've come to kind of hate religion. I've lost a lot of friends because I simply said I don't believe in god. Teachers have treated me worse when had discussion on religion and I said I don't believe in it. Religion fucks with people.

Also, 9/11 would have never happened if there was no religion.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2014, 02:34:23 PM »
"that 666 shit is just as annoying." NO ITS NOT. Are you fucking serious? Religious people ACTUALLY TAKE THAT STUPID SHIT SERIOUSLY. The 666 satan shit is completely sarcastic and mocking of obsessive religious types. They don't take it seriously, and they don't practice religious hegemony by attempting to force actual views upon somebody else. If you find that just as offensive, you are fucking stupid and completely missing the whole issue.

My stance on religion is that if you want to believe in those stupid archaic fairy tales, go ahead, just don't try to push your beliefs on anybody in any way- that means don't try to convert people, and don't try to tell people to act a certain way because your religion says so. Religious Christians tend to be the worst, because as a majority religion in society they feel most comfortable pushing their beliefs on others (think"gay marriage is a sin!") and often tend to be successful. That, of course, is why Christianity is targeted for criticism- their attempts to push their ways on others are not appreciated by the people who are being told they are inferior for having differing beliefs.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out