Author Topic: Welcome united  (Read 19250 times)

Paco Supreme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Welcome united
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Love it.
Has that justnips feel about it  ;D
[close]
Logan Devlin edited it, so it pretty much is

Yeah, I know, I'm so glad the berrics didn't butcher this

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2014, 07:57:17 PM »
Expand Quote
You use some real impressive words mr geek. Honest question now, how much time do you spend on your replies? i'm not taking a stab at you, just interested haha
[close]

Are you referring to 'claimant', 'arbitrary', or 'Popsicle'?

Uhh, not very much. I type the way I speak.

I think you're lying

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2014, 07:58:37 PM »
Welcome doesn't appeal to me generally.  That was fucking sick though.  

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2014, 08:04:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You use some real impressive words mr geek. Honest question now, how much time do you spend on your replies? i'm not taking a stab at you, just interested haha
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

I think you're lying
Um, okay. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish right now, but okeedokee. I'm not about to post a video of me talking. I have always been very consistent in my posts. It's not exactly a stretch of the imagination, not that it should be either. I'm more interested in your implication that I'm supposed to speak some other type of way.....
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2014, 08:09:20 PM »
Welcome doesn't appeal to me generally.  That was fucking sick though.  

I couldn't say it better myself. 

Damn I can't see Nowell trying to accomplish anything right now but trolling.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2014, 08:11:08 PM »
dvargs is the smoothest dude on the whole squad.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »
marky numbers surprises me every time i see footage of him. 

Sidewalk Funk.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2014, 09:28:47 PM »
not enough marky numbers :(

Most handsome dude on Welcome (and possibly in all of San Diego)

Great stuff from these dudes! Stoked to see them doing well.

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2014, 09:57:28 PM »
I fucking love these dorks. They killed that place. Shut it down and move out, we're done here.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

tranny curb

• Rep: -52
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2014, 01:06:00 AM »
had to watch it again, and that dude with the long hair that looks like he is in temple of the dog is gnarly too...
Scott Bourne is the poor man's Maya Angelou.

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2014, 01:07:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

gtfo of here with that statement. he's a plain joe schmo, boy next door type that is considered cute at best. craziest thing i've ever freaking read smdh

nowell

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2014, 01:17:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

I think you're lying
[close]
Um, okay. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish right now, but okeedokee. I'm not about to post a video of me talking. I have always been very consistent in my posts. It's not exactly a stretch of the imagination, not that it should be either. I'm more interested in your implication that I'm supposed to speak some other type of way.....

Hey hey hey bro i'm not telling you to change your posts up or anything, i've just always found them real funny

A MAN

• Rep: 68
    • SKATE TIT avatar image
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2014, 01:50:19 AM »
Loved this. Feel like Welcome are going to be who Enjoi used to be.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2014, 03:10:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How dare they disrespect the Dew AND the Berrics. I still don't give a shit about this company. Dude acts like he invented the shaped board.
[close]

Really show me one interview or quote where he says that! He redefined shaped boards for modern skating, you can't argue that (but I am sure you will try).
[close]
You should maybe stop gobbling his cock so damn much, you might not be able to call yourself vegan anymore.  There's some shitty instagram comments he left someone who shaped a few boards of his own from a year or two ago, something like "these look familiar" with some other shit. I'm not digging it up, but the screen shots have been posted on Slap. That's all I got, you fucking kook.

maybe he just meant the shaped looked like some 80's shape that he remembered from back in the day? that's a lot of haterade for one ambiguous instagram comment. anyhoo... none of that really matters cuz that was 7 or so minuted of pure bliss. hate all you want, i sat there with a massive smile on my dial the whole time ;D

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

silkyjohnson

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2014, 05:59:23 AM »
FIngers crossed for a Berra guest board

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2014, 07:10:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They put the hammer down at the end.
[close]
so gnarly
[close]
that was insane, they literally destroyed the berrics in this

You mean the Berrics no longer exists? Damn that's pretty nuts to allow Welcome to literally destroy the park. I wonder if they will rebuild?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2014, 08:14:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
gtfo of here with that statement. he's a plain joe schmo, boy next door type that is considered cute at best. craziest thing i've ever freaking read smdh
I would agree that he is just a very normal cookie cutter looking person and I've told him as much, but I have to tell you the he gets called super handsome all the time. If you get to a point where your friends notice how often you're called attractive then you probably are attractive.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2014, 08:21:34 AM »
lol @ dude tripping on leekgeeks vocab

u must be half a person, he didn't even say anything above an 8th grade reading level

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2014, 09:39:15 AM »
Those 8 minutes went by entirely too fast.
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -376
  • ants suck!
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2014, 12:42:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

He redefined shaped boards for modern skating, you can't argue that (but I am sure you will try).
[close]

thats the zip zinger man. thats what really turned people on to cruiser boards and naturally people started to skate them as their main boards. welcome got hyped on that and made that their main gimmick way after. they're not the people to credit with that.
[close]

Zip Zingers where always meant for cruising and if you want to get technical Beer Run (original, not the kookie company) was doing that first, Welcome is the first company since the early 90's to make shaped boards for their entire catalog on a large scale (Cold War out of Portland was doing it in the early 2000's but are a small company most people don't know about).  Welcome wanted people to skate and not just use as cruisers.   Also Black Label, Scum and 151 also deserve credit for always making shaped boards.
Really though it doesn't matter, Welcome is rad not sure why all the hate!
[close]

welcome didn't redefine shaped boards for skating, the skateboarding community did. it doesn't matter if they were MEANT for cruising, people decided they wanted to ride them as legit boards so they're legit boards. its been going on for years. welcome got hyped on that and made it their slogan. its cool they're trying to make a big deal out of it but they aren't the first and they didnt redefine anything. its a fun company though.
you talk skateboarding like its a fucking part of history, like its been here for hundreds of years, it hasnt, you dont know the reason why people buy boards  fuck off
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2014, 12:59:48 PM »
"The purpose of the United Nations is to develop friendly relations between the Berrics and skateboard companies based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self determination of our fellow skaters, and to take other appropriate measures to strengthen and promote not just a peaceful and united skateboard community, but the products of all who enter into this pact. In pursuit of this purpose, the organization has officially made Welcome our 29th member of the Berrics."

nowell

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2014, 01:48:11 PM »
lol @ dude tripping on leekgeeks vocab

u must be half a person, he didn't even say anything above an 8th grade reading level

HAHA! totally dude

Nosesalad

• Rep: 5
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2014, 07:56:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

I think you're lying

Loool. The fact that you're blown away by his post shows how goddamn basic you are. You're straight up in disbelief because someone typed some words you don't understand. None of those words are that uncommon. Open up a book ho.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2014, 08:13:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
I would agree that he is just a very normal cookie cutter looking person and I've told him as much, but I have to tell you the he gets called super handsome all the time. If you get to a point where your friends notice how often you're called attractive then you probably are attractive.

That seems like an odd thing to say to someone.

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2014, 08:40:35 PM »
the half cab to firecracker down stairs to revert was amazing
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

That seems like an odd thing to say to someone.
We've known each other for years. These convos happen. We've talked about everything. He's one of the first people that I hung out with that I actually enjoyed being around and everyone here should know that is something special for me. We're not besties but time spent together counts for something. You should know that a lot of people think he's really handsome so it's not an unusual conversation. It's not really insulting if a couple people don't see what the majority of people do. Would be nice if people thought I was hot too. Also he's probably my favorite skater after Aldrin Garcia's older brother. He's super well rounded and he's got balls of steel.

The whole Welcome board shape thing was explained to me a few minutes ago. It's probably in bad taste for me to share so I won't. It's all water under the bridge now. No one should be angry about it any more, the people involved aren't.

Here's a cool thing Erick Winkowski is going to be doing with a bunch of friends. He's skating all the way from Seattle to Mexico very soon. All I can say is fuck that and good luck, Big E.

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »
You can only see so many yanker to wall jams or stall variations, caveman combinations, and firecrackers before it seems less like fun and creative skating and more like trying to conform to a style thats seen as 'different,' which is regular, but when the balance is right this is as fun to watch as any other kind of skating. This vid is a good example. I thought a few tricks were pretty hideous but quite enjoyed it overall, regardless of how far removed it is from the kind of skating I prefer to do myself.

EVO

• Rep: 0
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2014, 12:34:06 AM »
Made an account to say how much that ruled. Best thing I've seen in a while. Those last few tricks were fucked.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2014, 12:52:29 AM »
dammit leetgeek, the most handsome man in that picture was you. With that million dollar smile the only thing getting in between you and an STD or pregnancy scare is your own self!

Oh, and Welcome rules. Who's the kid who did that sick floaty backside ollie off that smaller, not wedge, extension? Was that Mr. Handsome? With a backside floater like that, I hope he gets tons of pussy
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

nowell

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2014, 02:30:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

I think you're lying
[close]

Loool. The fact that you're blown away by his post shows how goddamn basic you are. You're straight up in disbelief because someone typed some words you don't understand. None of those words are that uncommon. Open up a book ho.

I'm not blown away by his post? he just comes accross as a self fartsniffing dickhead sometimes with his replies. you guys are all really intelligent though, i know man