Author Topic: Welcome united  (Read 19258 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Re: Welcome united
« Reply #90 on: July 14, 2014, 05:43:51 AM »
Fuck that was great. Some sketchy looking makeshift obstacles there. Looked like fun.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #91 on: July 14, 2014, 06:07:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You use some real impressive words mr geek. Honest question now, how much time do you spend on your replies? i'm not taking a stab at you, just interested haha
[close]

Are you referring to 'claimant', 'arbitrary', or 'Popsicle'?
[close]

Expand Quote
Uhh, not very much. I type the way I speak.
[close]

I think you're lying
[close]

Loool. The fact that you're blown away by his post shows how goddamn basic you are. You're straight up in disbelief because someone typed some words you don't understand. None of those words are that uncommon. Open up a book ho.
[close]

I'm not blown away by his post? he just comes accross as a self fartsniffing dickhead sometimes with his replies. you guys are all really intelligent though, i know man

So you were taking a stab at him...I don't know why, L33t is one of the nicer people on this forum.  Why don't you just leave the trolling to Tracer and being an asshole to The Gip because you're not very good at either.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Dummbert

• Rep: 6
« Reply #92 on: July 14, 2014, 09:08:23 AM »
Expand Quote
How dare they disrespect the Dew AND the Berrics. I still don't give a shit about this company. Dude acts like he invented the shaped board.
[close]

Really show me one interview or quote where he says that! He redefined shaped boards for modern skating, you can't argue that (but I am sure you will try).

I think it's pretty funny people speaking of 'shaped' boards once there's something odd and the don't look like the standard plank we're used to ride.
I mean, Skateboarding's gone through a lot of shapes, from zip zingers with rollerskate trucks underneath to fishtails, to an evolving nose, to our standard shape... in the end of the day every board has a shape, wether it's some odd cuiser type of thing, standard doublekick shape or some 80ies vert reference.

ornithophobe

• Rep: -1
« Reply #93 on: July 14, 2014, 09:49:33 AM »
 [/quote]

I think it's pretty funny people speaking of 'shaped' boards once there's something odd and the don't look like the standard plank we're used to ride.
I mean, Skateboarding's gone through a lot of shapes, from zip zingers with rollerskate trucks underneath to fishtails, to an evolving nose, to our standard shape... in the end of the day every board has a shape, wether it's some odd cuiser type of thing, standard doublekick shape or some 80ies vert reference.
[/quote]

Exactly.  The idea that the now-standard "popsicle" is the definitive shape of a skateboard forever and anything else from this point will be a "gimmick" is absurd.  Like most things people hate on, they're just afraid of something different that they don't understand.  People need to get over it.  Ride what you like and let people ride what they like.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2014, 12:40:36 PM »
 in all fairness, I think Krooked restarted the shaped board thing with zipzingers.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »
in all fairness, I think Krooked restarted the shaped board thing with zipzingers.

Zip zingers were definitely the first part of the resurgence that at least stood out.  I used to watch this all the time...

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2014, 01:27:17 PM »
the half cab to firecracker down stairs to revert was amazing

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2014, 03:18:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Zip zingers were definitely the first part of the resurgence that at least stood out.  I used to watch this all the time...

The very first run of Krooked decks had at least 2 shapes that were unconventional. And the Guest decks were usually shaped as well.
You could ask the owner of Welcome and he'd say he didn't start anything, just made boards he and his friends would want to ride.
It seemed like most tranny based brands had one shaped deck. 151,Creature,The firm(lance shape) etc.
But Krooked comes to mind as the first to offer more than one every few months.

shit_for_brains

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2014, 03:59:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

-Manderson Ripping-

Yes!, those zinger/zagger things from the catalogs was what started my interest in shaped boards, then it was brue killers, then blood wizards, shapes are awesome  ;D 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2014, 04:02:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
The very first run of Krooked decks had at least 2 shapes that were unconventional. And the Guest decks were usually shaped as well.
You could ask the owner of Welcome and he'd say he didn't start anything, just made boards he and his friends would want to ride.
It seemed like most tranny based brands had one shaped deck. 151,Creature,The firm(lance shape) etc.
I didn't mean any disrespect, but there seemed to be a separate conversation going on about where the resurgence started. I'm rooting for Welcome 100%.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

headtowall

• Rep: -14
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2014, 04:17:53 PM »
I dunno, the whole we skate shaped boards, do airs and fast plants and slappy shit is kinda boring after awhile. Some parts def killed, but as a whole i'm eh about it. I need to give it another watch.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2014, 04:22:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Zip zingers were definitely the first part of the resurgence that at least stood out.� I used to watch this all the time...

[close]
[close]
I didn't mean any disrespect, but there seemed to be a separate conversation going on about where the resurgence started. I'm rooting for Welcome 100%.

I spoke with the owner of Welcome when I was writing an article for Jenkem and he was very open in admitting Welcome isn't the first brand to make odd-shaped boards and credited Krooked and Black Label with giving some inspiration.  But what they do is different because they were one of the few brands who didn't just treat it like a gimmick, unlike a lot of companies.  They are busy designing a bunch of new shapes or reviving old shapes and improving on them.  Whereas a lot of brands will just throw out one or two non-popsicle boards without a thought, the guys at Welcome are constantly reworking molds to make sure their boards skate just as well as everyone else's non shaped boards.  He was telling me that they do three pre-production orders that just the team skates and gives feedback on and once everyone is satisfied with the board, then they'll work on graphics and start selling them.  So I think that level of care is what differentiates Welcome's approach to odd-shaped boards and other companies'.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2014, 04:36:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Zip zingers were definitely the first part of the resurgence that at least stood out.� I used to watch this all the time...

[close]
[close]
[close]

I spoke with the owner of Welcome when I was writing an article for Jenkem and he was very open in admitting Welcome isn't the first brand to make odd-shaped boards and credited Krooked and Black Label with giving some inspiration.  But what they do is different because they were one of the few brands who didn't just treat it like a gimmick, unlike a lot of companies.  They are busy designing a bunch of new shapes or reviving old shapes and improving on them.  Whereas a lot of brands will just throw out one or two non-popsicle boards without a thought, the guys at Welcome are constantly reworking molds to make sure their boards skate just as well as everyone else's non shaped boards.  He was telling me that they do three pre-production orders that just the team skates and gives feedback on and once everyone is satisfied with the board, then they'll work on graphics and start selling them.  So I think that level of care is what differentiates Welcome's approach to odd-shaped boards and other companies'.

The owner definitely goes back and tinkers with things, the size i ride, while perfect width wise felt a little stubby, so it was reworked into being a little longer and nose width was widened a tad. i dare say that's not the first or last alteration in shape, sorry too jump in mid conversation, just thought id give input on something i know

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2014, 04:45:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Zip zingers were definitely the first part of the resurgence that at least stood out.  I used to watch this all the time...

[close]
[close]
I didn't mean to come off that way either, just adding a little more to what you said.
There is some stigma out there that he is claiming to have created shaped decks, just trying to help show otherwise.
It is a bummer when brands "borrow" concepts to cash in on his success.
https://www.facebook.com/funtimeskateboards

dillanharp

« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2014, 04:51:30 PM »
^
He was calling out an artist who hand cut and painted some old creature boards. The guy's a fucking kook. No need to defend.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2014, 05:02:15 PM »
^ur super dumb and seem to love being wrong
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

nowell

• Rep: -153
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2014, 05:22:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You use some real impressive words mr geek. Honest question now, how much time do you spend on your replies? i'm not taking a stab at you, just interested haha
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

I think you're lying
[close]

Loool. The fact that you're blown away by his post shows how goddamn basic you are. You're straight up in disbelief because someone typed some words you don't understand. None of those words are that uncommon. Open up a book ho.
[close]

I'm not blown away by his post? he just comes accross as a self fartsniffing dickhead sometimes with his replies. you guys are all really intelligent though, i know man
[close]

So you were taking a stab at him...I don't know why, L33t is one of the nicer people on this forum.  Why don't you just leave the trolling to Tracer and being an asshole to The Gip because you're not very good at either.

Since when is pointing out the fact that some dude types like a pretentious douchebag trolling?? You fucking idiot.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2014, 05:46:34 AM »
Since when is pointing out the fact that some dude types like a pretentious douchebag trolling?? You fucking idiot.

You are the douchebag and that is obvious.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

nowell

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2014, 05:54:43 AM »

Expand Quote
[close]

You are the douchebag and that is obvious.

Ouch man, you got me good

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2014, 07:16:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

I think you're lying
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm not sure how I'm the idiot considering words with more than 4 letters in them seem to frighten you to the point of verbally lashing out at those around you but hey, I'm sure starting enough arguments on here will help you forget all about the mean kids at school who don't want to be your friend or the girls who walk by you without even acknowledging your existence, so I guess play on playa. 

nowell

« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2014, 02:12:42 PM »
I'd already forgotten about them until you ruined everything for me. Super witty comeback btw, you should have finished it off with "go cry urself to sleep fag" and you would've had me stumped. Whatever I'm over it. To my obviously feeble, far less educated mind, mr geeks post are gay as fuck. Try not to get offended

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2014, 02:41:35 PM »
I'd already forgotten about them until you ruined everything for me. Super witty comeback btw, you should have finished it off with "go cry urself to sleep fag" and you would've had me stumped. Whatever I'm over it. To my obviously feeble, far less educated mind, mr geeks post are gay as fuck. Try not to get offended

"NICE COMEBACK BRO!"

u really ethered all the haters
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2014, 02:59:01 PM »
yea why are you lashing out at everyone nowell? you clearly got mad about nothing at all, and you're just making yourself look worse with every post about it.  are u insecure because u don't think you are smart? what's really going on?

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2014, 03:23:00 PM »

If you're half as shitty in person as you are via anonymous online message board you should probably just kill yourself.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2014, 03:41:04 PM »
Wow. Nowell, you should probably shut up and pretend like this never happened.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2014, 04:02:12 PM »
damn, Nowell sucks so bad

just focus and try again, dude

nowell

« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2014, 07:22:17 PM »
I really don't understand how me pointing out how I dislike the way this dude posts has gotten you all riled up? my names jae Overton and I'm from sydney. In before someone posts that clip of me singing "don't stop me now", haha. now get back to sucking the cocks of whoever slap tells you to.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2014, 07:26:05 PM »
i also dislike his posts, u just suck 1000 times worse and don't seem to get it

nowell

« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2014, 07:30:43 PM »
Even though i agree im a shitcunt,I guarantee you if a moderator on this site said "hey I kinda like him", 90% of you shitcunts would back me