Author Topic: fairly basic itunes question...  (Read 1039 times)

sebastian toombs

fairly basic itunes question...
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:35:51 PM »
ive only started using itunes a lot in the past few months, and have what is probably a fairly basic question:

im using a mac, and when i download songs from wherever through the 'azureus' application, they go into my 'music' file.  then i have to drag the songs into itunes.  the result is that i have the songs taking up space twice--  itunes contains 3.3gb of material, but i have a total of 6.6gb of songs on my hard drive (this can be clearly seen with 'disk inventory').

how can i dump all these songs directly into itunes, and itunes alone?  im sure the answer is really obvious, but i cant get my head around it...

colinsthename

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
  • Ripping.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: fairly basic itunes question...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 10:10:45 PM »
you can just set your downloader program to download them straight into the itunes music folder.  or just cut and paste them into there, then just do the little "add folder/file to itunes library" thing in itunes.  and make sure your itunes isn't converting everything into some different file format, that usually doubles them up.
I hope one day Steve Austin is walking the street, I throw him a beer, and he stunners you.

loophole

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 03:55:15 AM »
itunes asks whether you want it to organise your music for you, it will make new folders and make it all neat but if you dont select it you can just keep it in one place, just a little messy

koots

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 05:29:47 AM »
there's an option you can deselect.  When you move files into itunes it's setup to automatically copy the files into your itunes folder also...just deselect this in preferences.
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

sebastian toombs

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »
thanks!

E.l.G

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 05:00:40 PM »
Make sure not to delete the stuff in your music folder if you do that though.