Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 834496 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 578
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #9210 on: August 11, 2022, 06:12:03 AM »
Edge of Tomorrow was pretty sick. Lots of great action.

Yeah that was one of my favorite like straight up action movies in recent years
Think it kinda flopped even, I know they changed the title after it was released, thinking it would sell better

Recent Movie Theater Recap:

I saw Through a Glass Darkly like last Sunday, it was actually my first time seeing an Ingmar Bergman all the way through, had just seen clips of Seventh Seal up until then
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwu80rk5xds

Tuesday I saw Strangers on a Train. Not my favorite Hitchcock movie, but I love how creepy and subtly unsettling Robert Walker's character (Bruno) is in it. Excited to see Shadow of a Doubt (will be my first time seeing this) later this month, and Vertigo in a few weeks on a theater screen especially.

Seeing Hot Fuzz tonight and The Thing tomorrow night with one of my brothers. Probably most excited for Hot Fuzz cause it's my favorite Edgar Wright movie, but I had no idea who he was when it was originally out, and I've already seen The Thing in a theater before.
Nancy Drew

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 415
« Reply #9211 on: August 12, 2022, 04:50:59 AM »
Evil dead 2 (1987)
A classic. Obvious why it's been copied a million times. Some effects look a little bad these days but that's expected with old movie + modern television. Every shot, effect, transition, line of dialogue is exactly what it needs to be. Little cheesy but that's part of the fun.

Mongo_Pusher

• Rep: 1
« Reply #9212 on: August 12, 2022, 10:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Just watched Faults (2014). Great movie with a small cast and tons of tension. Perfect for fans of cult shit.
[close]

Check out Art of Self Defense.  I think itís the same director.   Great black comedy

Hell yeah! Def gonna check that one out.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9213 on: August 12, 2022, 12:55:13 PM »
Evil dead 2 (1987)
A classic. Obvious why it's been copied a million times. Some effects look a little bad these days but that's expected with old movie + modern television. Every shot, effect, transition, line of dialogue is exactly what it needs to be. Little cheesy but that's part of the fun.
The best part about Evil Dead 2 is that it is the same as Evil Dead, but better.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 56
« Reply #9214 on: August 14, 2022, 04:58:14 PM »
Watched Resurrection with my partner last night.  Super intesnse, psychological thriller.  Rebecca Hall and Tim Roth were both great, but holy shit...  Rebecca Hall!  Powerful, ego-less performance.