Author Topic: CARS THREAD  (Read 29120 times)

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: CARS THREAD
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2019, 12:47:41 PM »
Still holding on to my Pathfinder but I'm worried it has a head gasket issue - this mayonnaise looking shit keeps boiling to the top of my oil tank. Probably coolant.

Fortunately it leaks so much oil I'm able to add a half quart of fresh oil a week.

It's a shame that class of SUV has gotten stupid large - I couldn't fit one in a good percentage of street parking spots where I live. Looking at compact SUVs and they all kinda suck.

CR-V has engine problems Honda won't admit to (they've had recalls in China and Canada).
CX-5 looks nice but doesn't really drive as wonderful as its press would indicate (it's ok). Rather small cargo and back seats.
Subarus have wimpy engines and recently poor reliability.
The new RAV4 transmission is terrible and the engine sounds like a swarm of angry bees. I should have bought the 2018 when they were blowing them out. It was super dull and kind of underpowered but it probably would have lasted forever.

Dude, take your car in if you are able to. That’s irresponsible to your local environmental to be dumping that much oil everywhere.

If you’re mixing coolant and oil then you have a head gasket issue. If you let it go longer you’ll have major engine failure.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #151 on: February 06, 2019, 12:32:47 PM »
im a yup with two subarus. i have an 08 forester with 215k miles on it and i bought a 2018 outback new in april and already have 24k on it.

pabst i love your old trucks.

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
« Reply #152 on: February 15, 2019, 12:02:55 AM »
Expand Quote

current state of my ride:

2016 Jeep Wranger Rubicon 2 door, manual transmission
2.5 inch lift, 35 inch mud terrain tires, 16 inch Method wheels
steel bumpers, rock rails, fenders, and tire carrier
winch, light bar, cube lights, security enclosure

got a few more things planned before i'm finished
[close]

Nice man. I have a 99 sahara and want to upgrade and put some cool shit on it. So damn expensive though.

Nice, I like your guys style, a 2 door Rubicon on 35s is such a capable rig. I own both a jk and Tj. I make my own bumpers, sliders, fender flairs ect.
I'd post them up but I gotta hide my identity on here because I talk way to much crap.
A budjet lift and bigger tires for your Sahara aint gonna cost you much if you do it yourself, throw a lightbar on there and call it a day.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 12:05:53 AM by ScudMantels »

Granka

• Rep: 2
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2019, 06:01:17 AM »

My summercar: Ford Crown Victoria P71 Police Interceptor 2000. It was rolling in Miami before it was imported to Sweden, where I live. It's a really rare car here in Sweden, so therefore I only use it during the summers to avoid rust and such. And yes, I know that it is the most usual car in the US. I know :D

And then my wintercar: Volvo 940 1992. Just the standard model with 130 hp. I got it mostly because it's reliable and cheap to own here in Sweden. I go snowdrifting in it so if something breaks I can find parts for it hella easy.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #154 on: February 25, 2019, 12:56:06 PM »
Stateside it would be the other way around in terms of parts availability. Is the Volvo turbo'd?

Edit: Just saw the 130 hp, so my guess is no it is not turbo'd

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #155 on: February 25, 2019, 09:18:45 PM »

my protege5 with a bunch of plywood on it

Granka

« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2019, 06:03:00 AM »
Stateside it would be the other way around in terms of parts availability. Is the Volvo turbo'd?

Exactly, in the US my Crown Vic has hella parts and here in Sweden my 940 has hella parts :D

And yes, there's no turbo in it. I wish it had a turbo though, been considering to sell my 940 to buy one with turbo.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2019, 12:42:02 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Exactly, in the US my Crown Vic has hella parts and here in Sweden my 940 has hella parts :D

And yes, there's no turbo in it. I wish it had a turbo though, been considering to sell my 940 to buy one with turbo.

Is there restrictions on eBay and the Amazon tribe in Sweden? The internet ordering era kinda erased the problems of finding parts locally I thought?
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Granka

« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2019, 03:56:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Is there restrictions on eBay and the Amazon tribe in Sweden? The internet ordering era kinda erased the problems of finding parts locally I thought?
No, nothing like that. But it just helps when something breaks in the Volvo that I can find the parts somewhat close and get them to my house the next day.

Spaghetti Croc69

• Rep: -10
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2019, 04:50:44 PM »

Ive been in euros for my entire life and have always laughed when people say parts are expensive. Never been in a new car tho so maybe that it idk. New shit sucks. Had a few e30s, an e28, and an e39(JUNK). Recently gave my little brother one of my e30s. Boosted m42 car thats been parked since 2013 when i realized playing skateboards is way better than building cars. Been driving a volvo 850 turbo for the last few years and am absolutely in love. The odo broke roughly 15 years ago at 146k. Ive taken that bitch on a bunch of trips that racked up several thousand mile each. Wagons are the greatest.

l_bwoy

• Rep: -6
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2019, 09:38:13 AM »
Bumping this thread to plug my car because I never post or give it any love on my social media

2016 Chevy Camaro SS 6.2L LT1 (376 ci) with the manual six speed, 455 hp 455 tq, my pride and joy. A few small mods, K&N cold air intake, MBRP catbacks, and a tune from Texas Speed & Performance to round it out to about 515-520 hp and around 535 tq (not 100% sure, haven’t had it dynoed but those were the projected numbers TSP gave me). It’s a beasty car but she feels light, runs like a top, and will burn off on any other n/a american muscle car, whether it be on a road course, drag strip, or out on the streets. Has track times similar to euro super cars and I got a killer deal on it that I could not pass up. Also in the pics, my good friend and skate bud’s ‘02 Pontiac Trans-Am.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 11:16:53 AM by l_bwoy »

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2019, 10:06:49 AM »
Bought a 06 forester xt 2 years ago but had to sell it to pay for legal shit. Been on the hunt lately for a sub 4k manual car with the lowest miles possible but everything i find is a early 00’s elantra or other shitbox tin can. I’d take a Mazda 5 van in a manual or a Honda fit if i could find a low miles one that wasn’t 10k but cars here are so beat/rusted out that clean ones get bought up in less than a week.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2019, 07:40:38 AM »
Bought a 18' limited Crosstrek w/ 8k miles, fully loaded, in April. Considering trading up to a Forester or Outback if I let go of some stock.

xandeo

• Rep: 6
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2019, 12:37:50 AM »
Didn't scroll through all the pages in the thread, but it largely seems like I'm one of the few guys on here riding Italian (if not the only one). My Alfa Romeo is a 2007 year model, got almost 180K KM / 111K Miles on the clock and all original parts (except for rear bumper due to a mishap with a girl on her phone  >:(). Topped it at 245 KM/H or 150 MPH on the German Autobahn a few times.

Love it, bought it when I was young and single and nowadays I easily tuck in my wife and two kids in it (and obviously don't ride it at those speeds anymore...). Made very long roadtrips in Europe with it and has served me well.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2019, 04:13:13 AM »
Yo, that police interceptor is sick! I’ve always wanted one because of Heath Kirchart.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #165 on: August 29, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »
2013 Dodge Dart SXT

Black exterior, interior, and wheels.

Old/bad picture, but it's the only one I've got handy. Board was about 2 days old when this was taken....

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:19:31 PM by DanTheDoucher »
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2019, 10:07:27 PM »
Didn't scroll through all the pages in the thread, but it largely seems like I'm one of the few guys on here riding Italian (if not the only one). My Alfa Romeo is a 2007 year model, got almost 180K KM / 111K Miles on the clock and all original parts (except for rear bumper due to a mishap with a girl on her phone  >:(). Topped it at 245 KM/H or 150 MPH on the German Autobahn a few times.

Love it, bought it when I was young and single and nowadays I easily tuck in my wife and two kids in it (and obviously don't ride it at those speeds anymore...). Made very long roadtrips in Europe with it and has served me well.

Shit, I'd love me some Alfie! Are they relieble? Pricy to maintain? Should I buy a used one?

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2019, 07:15:49 AM »
Anyone here an Audi owner? considering leaving my Subaru in the past and getting something with more pep... Audi is aesthetically my top pick but unsure about reliability.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2019, 07:57:05 AM »
2017 Toyota Corolla. Getting like 33 MPG currently. Spend about $8 on gas a week.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2019, 08:23:48 AM »
2002 GMC Sierra 2500 8.1 with 60k miles, reliable, can tow most anything and having an 8 liter V8 is pretty cool haha

2003 Land Rover Discovery II SE7 with 126k miles, super fun to drive but not super reliable.

2010 Toyota Rav4 with 100k miles, super reliable haven't had to do anything more than oil changes, tires and a battery and I've owned it since new.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #170 on: December 05, 2019, 01:03:24 PM »
We like cheap cars so we can spend money on other stuff.

2016 Toyota Prius II - 75k miles its my daily, drive about 100 miles average a day. Its around $23 to fill up and lasts about a week.

2017 Ford Transit Connect Platinum - Like 40k miles wife's daily, we have 3 kids and like small vehicles so this one checked the most boxes for us over a traditional mini van.

Looking to maybe pick up a Tesla once the Prius reaches 100k
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2019, 01:08:07 PM »
i think i want a 2020 black custom Range Rover in Woodland
mArLeY

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #172 on: December 05, 2019, 04:05:55 PM »

2017 Ford Transit Connect Platinum - Like 40k miles wife's daily, we have 3 kids and like small vehicles so this one checked the most boxes for us over a traditional mini van.

How much are those things? A neighbor mentioned having one for work that doubled as a family thing and mentioned a crazy low price but in a cursory look I never found anything close to that.

Since my post is at the top of this page, it is with a heavy heart I report that my Pathfinder was given away to charity.

Got a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid. It’s mostly great but has a bunch of quirks, stupid design choices, and a few straight up defects. Never buy the first model year.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #173 on: December 05, 2019, 05:02:08 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How much are those things? A neighbor mentioned having one for work that doubled as a family thing and mentioned a crazy low price but in a cursory look I never found anything close to that.

Since my post is at the top of this page, it is with a heavy heart I report that my Pathfinder was given away to charity.

Got a 2019 RAV4 Hybrid. It’s mostly great but has a bunch of quirks, stupid design choices, and a few straight up defects. Never buy the first model year.

It was used had like 13k when we bought it. I think new they are around $30k. Ours was closer to $23k and we had like $7k from insurance from the car before. So ours ended up being super cheap.

I think I’m comparison to other vans on the market it’s a cheaper option. Some brands can get close to like $50k+ for a mini van
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 05:05:28 PM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #174 on: January 20, 2020, 05:23:31 PM »
I’m not a voltron fan but this first gen 4Runner came out like a thing of beauty

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #175 on: January 20, 2020, 07:53:39 PM »
2000 honda crv 5 spd 280k on her.  I cant think of a better daily for the money.  Was into civics for a while but I pulled out that game to save for my dream car a porche 930 but realistically it will be a base model 911 or a fd rx7.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2020, 03:28:52 AM »
I know a guy in socal trying to sell 2 1st rx7's, one's a gsl-se. And he's got a bunch of spare/extra parts. Anyone interested?

baustin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #177 on: October 22, 2020, 08:07:53 AM »
Almost started a thread because it almost justifies it but figured I’ll bump this one instead. I finally got a decent paying job and I’m wanting to finally upgrade from my 20 year old POS vehicle soon. I’m trying to make fiscally responsible moves because I’m also saving up to buy my first home, and I know cash is king but I don’t think I’m in a position to pay cash for a good reliable car. My goal is to get a 2011 or newer Mazda 3 hatchback with under 100k miles and pay it off in less than 3 years without putting a huge dent in my savings so I expect I will probably be financing at least 50% of it. I may be a dumbass to be asking Slap for financial advice, but to those who have recently bought cars or ever financed one, what advice do you have for a newbie to the world of car buying? Do you consider financing a necessity or a bad financial move?

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #178 on: June 30, 2022, 01:26:36 PM »
Big bump for this thread, but I recently joined the Miata gang after finding a super clean example on Craigslist. It's been a fun time with it so far, and I've gotten comfortable driving a stick fairly quickly. I got some sticky tires put on it this morning, and now it can take corners quickly with no problem whatsoever. I know people tend to modify Miatas quite a bit, but I'd like to leave this one stock for the most part.

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #179 on: June 30, 2022, 04:33:02 PM »
Big bump for this thread, but I recently joined the Miata gang after finding a super clean example on Craigslist. It's been a fun time with it so far, and I've gotten comfortable driving a stick fairly quickly. I got some sticky tires put on it this morning, and now it can take corners quickly with no problem whatsoever. I know people tend to modify Miatas quite a bit, but I'd like to leave this one stock for the most part.

Sick! Dropping from 4th to 3rd at 50 mph is too fun.

How about a luggage rack? Straight class…

https://www.amazon.com/Surco-DR1007-Stainless-Steel-Removable/dp/B000LRFDAE/ref=asc_df_B000LRFDAE/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312111914138&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9353745240085886957&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9052758&hvtargid=pla-570111836069&psc=1