Author Topic: Muckmouth | Josh Swindell interview  (Read 29194 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Muckmouth | Josh Swindell interview
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 01:30:07 PM »
I heard Danny Way is going to talk publicly about this and make it up to Josh, right after the Plan B video drops.

I don't think there's anything danny can do to make up for what josh went through. Nineteen fucking years, dude.

wigs

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:16 PM »
i don't really know how to feel about this

i believe him, but that is just his side of the story

Danny may have suckerpunched Keith, but from Josh's words, he doesn't say Danny was lying about it, just that other people were saying Keith suckerpunched Danny.  who knows if Danny told people that, or if things just got lost in translation because drinking/loyalty.

it is kind of fucked for Danny to be known as a Gay Killer 20 years later (prior to the interview) when he just punched some dude who was starting shit (sucker or not) no bricks involved.  I can kind of understand if he wants to distance himself from this situation, no one made Josh and Steve stomp the guy out, regardless if Josh did less stomping than Steve.  this whole time people have been saying Danny killed dude with a brick and Josh took the heat for it, when that's not really true.

to me, the other dude (Steve) who lied and threw Josh under the bus is the only true scumbag here

not sure where you see a complication. Danny Way tried to start a fight and the result was one person losing their life and another person going to jail for twenty years. on top of that Danny Way refused to ever speak about it or accept any role of responsibility in the situation.

icybear187

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »
Danny doesn't owe Josh anything.  He didn't make Josh do what he did.  If you think that you're juvenile.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2014, 01:40:54 PM »
Danny doesn't owe Josh anything.  He didn't make Josh do what he did.  If you think that you're juvenile.

maybe not but dw deserved to spend time in jail..For Sure!
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2014, 02:02:29 PM »

Danny may have suckerpunched Keith, but from Josh's words, he doesn't say Danny was lying about it, just that other people were saying Keith suckerpunched Danny.  who knows if Danny told people that, or if things just got lost in translation because drinking/loyalty.

it is kind of fucked for Danny to be known as a Gay Killer 20 years later (prior to the interview) when he just punched some dude who was starting shit (sucker or not) no bricks involved.  I can kind of understand if he wants to distance himself from this situation, no one made Josh and Steve stomp the guy out, regardless if Josh did less stomping than Steve.  this whole time people have been saying Danny killed dude with a brick and Josh took the heat for it, when that's not really true.

to me, the other dude (Steve) who lied and threw Josh under the bus is the only true scumbag here

he works for Rockstar now..

http://xgames.espn.go.com/skateboarding/article/8367640/former-pro-skateboarder-josh-swindell-released-prison

bradtheraddad

• Rep: 27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »
"Instead of Danny beating his ass he pee?d all over himself. I was actually embarrassed for Danny so I beat the dude up."

Huh?? I can't even...

Facehead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -95
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2014, 02:14:47 PM »
Good job MM, but you missed the one question everyone wants answered: what does Josh Swindell think about Boston skate shops?

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2014, 02:19:27 PM »
He reminds me of Bo Turner or Lennie Kirk.  Both uncontrollable and a little unpredictable, always getting in the middle of stuff (well as far as you can tell in the interviews)

any excuse for this 4.30

H Street Hokus Pokus (1989) Part 2 of 7

MonistatOne

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2014, 02:23:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not really..... although one could argue that the entire sequence of events that played out that night would have never happened had D Way not sucker-punched Ogden, he was unconscious for everything that unfolded and basically had no control over what other people did once he got KO'd.  I think it all depends on what perspective you look at it from.  I want to call D Way a coward for not manning up to his involvement in the whole thing and failing to support his homie through it all, but I have no concept of how hard that must've been for him to deal with at the time. But obviously what D Way went through was nothing compared to Josh losing almost 20 years of his life, so in that regard, yes, fuck Danny Way 1000%

icybear187

• Rep: -48
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2014, 02:37:30 PM »
This tread just concretes how stupid the general population of skateboarding is.  If Danny's involvement would have been deemed responsible for the guys death, even minimally, he would have had charges brought against him.  Period. 

wigs

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2014, 02:49:35 PM »
This tread just concretes how stupid the general population of skateboarding is.  If Danny's involvement would have been deemed responsible for the guys death, even minimally, he would have had charges brought against him.  Period. 

lol, that's a very cute and ignorant opinion. you should do a little research on the american justice system  ;)

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2014, 02:51:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol, that's a very cute and ignorant opinion. you should do a little research on the american justice system  ;)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2014, 02:59:58 PM »
So... Danny punches Keith, someone knocks out Danny, Josh mistakenly beats up Keith, and Steve finishes the job.

I'd say fuck Steve and Josh, Danny isn't an accomplice to murder just because he sucker punched him before other people murdered Keith. Sure, he may be a terrible human, but that's irrelevant to the legal system.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »
Expand Quote
I heard Danny Way is going to talk publicly about this and make it up to Josh, right after the Plan B video drops.

[close]

I don't think there's anything danny can do to make up for what josh went through. Nineteen fucking years, dude.

My comment

Your head.

Babby

• Rep: 39
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2014, 03:23:44 PM »
With so much drama on SMB, it's kinda hard for DWay now that Swindell's free.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2014, 03:33:42 PM »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 03:50:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
My comment

Your head.

I know dude, I'm having a bad week.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2014, 04:30:22 PM »

This tread is concreting all over the place yo.

Rocko

• Rep: 38
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2014, 04:41:18 PM »

Somehow someway d way comes out with new release date like every single day

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2014, 05:04:59 PM »
Danny Way tried to start a fight and the result was one person losing their life and another person going to jail for twenty years. on top of that Danny Way refused to ever speak about it or accept any role of responsibility in the situation.
Expand Quote
Danny doesn't owe Josh anything.  He didn't make Josh do what he did.  If you think that you're juvenile.
[close]

Expand Quote
This tread just concretes how stupid the general population of skateboarding is.  If Danny's involvement would have been deemed responsible for the guys death, even minimally, he would have had charges brought against him.  Period.  

[close]

lol, that's a very cute and ignorant opinion. you should do a little research on the american justice system  ;)
I don't think Danni Weigh will tell his side of the story..also danni should of done time for being an accomplice.

I always trust any legal advice/opinions from random people on the internet, especially guys on skateboarding message boards who use LoL's and smileys...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:13:27 PM by Schismatic »

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 05:32:32 PM »
So is he rich from DC getting sold?

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 05:36:47 PM »
I was already kinda thinking Danny Way is a douche for putting his name on the side of the Great Wall of China after he jumped it. Well, maybe China did that for him. But I still think it's stupid. Thousand+ year old monument don't need his name on the side of it.

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 05:42:31 PM »

MY FUCKING GOD I LOL'D!!!!!!!!

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 05:45:54 PM »
I was already kinda thinking Danny Way is a douche for putting his name on the side of the Great Wall of China after he jumped it. Well, maybe China did that for him. But I still think it's stupid. Thousand+ year old monument don't need his name on the side of it.

But the tagging on the great wall is cool though right?

Really though, I have respect for a lot of the stuff Danny Way has done on a skateboard. After this interview I have way more respect for Swindell as a human. Still, there's several sides to every story, gotta talk each person's account with a grain of salt.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:49:17 PM by Schismatic »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 05:48:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But the tagging on the great wall is cool though right?
I didn't know/think there was tagging on it. Also not cool.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »
i'm kind of curious about his lady

19 years is a long time to hold someone down, especially when he went in there when he was just a crazy kid

also they both look hella young ??? was he even an adult when he went in

cousinharold

• Rep: -63
    • muckmouth avatar image
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 07:01:04 PM »
He was 21 when he went in. He is around 42 right now.

Cheers for all the comments guys. Really hyped on this interview and the reception it's getting.
I aint gonna get a job at El Pollo Loco, they'll make me tuck my shirt in.

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 07:07:21 PM »

Danny may have suckerpunched Keith, but from Josh's words, he doesn't say Danny was lying about it, just that other people were saying Keith suckerpunched Danny. �who knows if Danny told people that, or if things just got lost in translation because drinking/loyalty.

it is kind of fucked for Danny to be known as a Gay Killer 20 years later (prior to the interview) when he just punched some dude who was starting shit (sucker or not) no bricks involved. �I can kind of understand if he wants to distance himself from this situation, no one made Josh and Steve stomp the guy out, regardless if Josh did less stomping than Steve. �this whole time people have been saying Danny killed dude with a brick and Josh took the heat for it, when that's not really true.

This.

Danny was a angry kid, we all know that. homophobic as well, probably from getting molested by one of his mom's stepfathers at one point is my guess.

He reacts badly to some gay dude in a bar somewhere. His drunken psycho friends beat the dude to death. Danny at that point could be forgiven for maybe thinking of Josh as that friend that he was kinda ready to outgrow. He didn't throw him under the bus in the interview, though.

All these dudes really sound like pieces of shit back then, but sounds like Josh has used it as a springboard for a lot of growth. So good on him.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2014, 07:27:12 PM »
   um, so according to the interview when danny way was drunk and  20yo, he sucker punched someone in a bar(oooooh) an then let someone rot in jail (i suppose he coulda stopped by an gave him a hug?or busted him out?) you guys are a "pack of faggots"         After YEARS of people on slap and other forums saying that danny had a brick in his hand, the JOSH SWIDELL interview drops and josh assurts that "danny way dosnt know how to be a freind!! (ooooooh)"    - The slap forum dosnt say, "Hey guess we were wrong", nope, somehow danny is a bigger "scum bag" than b4-- talk about slap having its cake and eating it too..      Im super happy that 1st of all,  danny way ONLY sucker punched someone in a bar and got istant karma (imediately punched hard  back by someone) and also happy for josh swindell for getting out, being alive and taking responsibility.  But the slap forum should at least admit that they hate danny way ONLY cuz of his stupid jock head!!        the interview plainly spells out that danny way in no way took part in a 3 on 1 psycho episode that left someone dead as fuk
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 09:15:34 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

scrodogg

« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »
'Danny may have suckerpunched Keith'

So, we now know that Keith had a brain injury. I think there is a high probability that Danny's sucker punch could have led to this guy's death...I think Josh got the raw end of the deal here, Danny should have been held somewhat responsible.