Author Topic: brent atchley  (Read 13915 times)

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
brent atchley
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »
     Needs the least set up for tre flips out of anyone.  Even his drop ins look good. (bomb street skater but you dont seem to get much of that from him) kinda bums me out to see all these young gen  bowl rulers skate after watching some of atchleys parts. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

#1 Tic-Tacker

• Rep: -5
Re: brent atchley
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 06:34:11 AM »
Truth Brent is both one of my favorite tranny and street skaters.  Maybe a little over-stylish and times but it works for him. Calling Brent too stylish is like calling a pretzel too salty.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 06:38:27 AM »

Mr Squiggle

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 12:30:46 AM »
He's actually so much fun to watch. Seems like his approach to skating/filming is pretty relaxed which I dig.
Brent Atchley at Burnside on Vimeo

Harsh_euro_barge

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 02:04:52 PM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 02:09:10 PM by Harsh_euro_barge »

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 11:53:37 AM »
always loved watching his skating. I've seen the odd clip of him after his element days but not a whole lot. Would love to see more footage of him.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 08:23:11 AM »
Elementality - Brent Atchley

This part is so fucking dope! Remember when Element had Rupp, Brent, and PJ Ladd all at once?!
p-shuvs and v-flips

CHANCHO

• Rep: -25
  • IAMIYAM
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 12:24:29 PM »
When this dude came out big time he literally blew my fucking teenage mind.  Tranny wasn't as big as it is now, most people were into big stairs and rails or manual pads and ledge.  Back then stuff was proper and buttery and bank skating wasn't blown out yet.  Nyjah had dreads and was hailed a child prodigy.  All terrain rippers weren't really a thing and people were finding out that you could tranny jersey barriers.  His style looks like it was born and bred cruising from burnside daily and I emphasize the cruising.  Look up steezy in the dictionary and it will say his name.

I remember going to this guy from the skateparks house to set up an extra board he had.  We popped in elementality (damn 10 years ago) and he had nothing but hate for this guy.  Maybe it was just an element hate thing, idk.  On a family trip back then I stopped by burnside and asked about him.  The locals mentioned unmentionables but also sounded mad jealous.  I could care less honestly, I will never forget that little shuffle over the top of the pyramid in elementality.  Robbie Russo in his younger days was close but still couldnt touch his style.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1isdYjGqmCg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QYbrX2ncVE

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 12:37:40 PM »
Brent is sick, i just could never get down with the sagged pants and the ponytail rubber band cuffed pants during his element days..

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 04:57:52 AM »
Fuck, I miss the baggy pants dunk wearing 7.5 board brent atchley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6RS0C-XlEI

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -58
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2015, 11:23:29 PM »
brent is interesting because he's not what you think of when you think of a burnside ripper, but he skate is in a really unique way. it's almost like burnside is a different park when he's skating, versus when everyone else does. brent atchley can make something out of the most obscure contour in burnside, and it's way sicker than most people who skate the park more conventionally. I'm thinking for example, the opening to his element pro debut part where he skates that little pocket and hits that tiny little lip a couple times in a line.

boofpremium

• Rep: -1
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 11:50:01 AM »
     Needs the least set up for tre flips out of anyone.  Even his drop ins look good. (bomb street skater but you dont seem to get much of that from him) kinda bums me out to see all these young gen  bowl rulers skate after watching some of atchleys parts. 

For real. I don't remember if it's in his elementality part or another, but he does that line where he pushes in the street and instantly snaps a tre flip once his back foot gets on. Watching that when I was way younger tripped me out and I loved how the way he skated was so easy and lazy. he just flows, not worried about shit.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 03:38:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For real. I don't remember if it's in his elementality part or another, but he does that line where he pushes in the street and instantly snaps a tre flip once his back foot gets on. Watching that when I was way younger tripped me out and I loved how the way he skated was so easy and lazy. he just flows, not worried about shit.

Last line in his Elementality part, yeah. 4:13.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 09:34:33 PM »
Never really understood why he wasn't/isn't still properly hooked up. He must still be quite young and I'd think his kind of skating would age well.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

N.L.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 09:39:53 AM »
I don't tend to watch his footie as nothing equates to watching him skate Burnside in person.

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 02:26:16 AM »
I don't tend to watch his footie as nothing equates to watching him skate Burnside in person.

I couldn't be more jealous. He's my Animal Chin. I've been to burnside 4 times over the years and have gotten my hopes up only to be disappointed every time. Does anyone know if he still skates a lot? I know he's a dad and I'm assuming he just works a job. His instagram clip's every few months are just enough to remind me that he's best.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2015, 08:16:25 AM »
I can attest to the watching him skate burnside in person. He's not exactly the best person to hang around in my experience, but no one skates that place like him.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Xtal

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 03:34:28 PM »
He's not exactly the best person to hang around in my experience

Care to elaborate?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 10:24:37 AM »
He always just kind of came across as an arrogant asshole to me.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

snowdog

• Rep: -7
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »
he has snowboarder style

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »
 ^said no one ever
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Xtal

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 01:46:03 PM »
I first saw him on Elementality Vol 1. I not only thought his style was the best, but I was jealous of his dunk collection and how he could skate some of the most rare and expensive dunks like nothing. Now I'm completely against nike since I understand the politics within the industry, but back then it was all about SB dunks. There were other styles like the FC's and Blazers which were dope, but dunks were where it's at. Anyways, Brent kills it.

Glitch

• Rep: 21
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2015, 01:09:21 AM »
This thread revived interest in Atchley for me a few days ago. I thought he was still on Tribute, but apparently they've been out of business. Anyone know if he's getting hooked up? For some reason I think Magenta could be dope.
Also, I've never met him in person but he talks about being deaf in his left ear and how people perceive him as being an ass because of it.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2015, 02:53:54 PM »
No one hates Deaf Paul or Deaf Tom because they're deaf. They're just assholes. He doesn't get to use that excuse either.

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 08:09:47 AM »
I can't reference this, but didn't the Gonz say he was the most natural skater he'd seen? Nothing to back this statement up, other than I thought I read it here some years back...
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2015, 05:42:44 PM »
He should move to Europe and make a comeback on Magenta
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2018, 08:05:21 AM »
BUMP!

Dude has the best style ever. Period. The way he just cruises around and makes every trick look flow-y is unreal.  Even when people try and fake that float-y / flow-y style they don't even come close.

Watch this for evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykFK4r9Lwp4

Edit: If you're wondering what he's up to, someone Reddit posted this about him in Nov. of 2016. "I bump into him frequently in Portland. He's a dad now and is part owner of a Hawaiian restaurant in town. I think he still skates from time to time."

Also this was posted less than 24 hours ago.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BkGs7q9AFKB/?hl=en&taken-by=brentatchley
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 08:15:10 AM by Jud Nestorkins »

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2018, 09:54:37 AM »
The best
ableSkateMag.com

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2018, 04:53:53 AM »
yeah I was so stoked on that new IG clip too. I still revisit his old Element parts from time to time. his take on street skating was always interesting too.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2018, 08:01:27 AM »
i wonder how many times a day he gets called brett
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.