Author Topic: Robin Williams commits suicide  (Read 25896 times)

dillanharp

Re: Robin Williams commits suicide
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2014, 10:07:54 AM »
Expand Quote
his daughter, Allison Williams, just quit all of social media because she was being cyber bullied about her dad's death.

People just suck
[close]
Her name is Zelda, ZELDA!
Tracer is correct. Allison Williams is Brian Williams from the Nightly news' daughter.

daddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2014, 12:28:12 PM »
Apparently he was suffering from early stage Parkinson's as well, which from what I've heard can be quite terrifying.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2014, 01:49:22 PM »
Apparently he was suffering from early stage Parkinson's as well, which from what I've heard can be quite terrifying.

My girlfriends grandpa had that shit. It's not usually as gnarly as how Michael J. Fox has it, but it definitely takes a serious toll on you. Even the medication they have for it fucks you up.

Robin Williams was the man. I don't know what brought him to do such a thing. I binged watched some of his movies. Hook is amazing. The Birdcage has to be one of the most under appreciated movies ever. There was a scene in World's Greatest Dad where he tells people not to commit suicide, that was eerie to see. RIP Robin Williams. One of the true greats of all time.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

PumpkinEsc0bar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • cleaner than a broke dick dog
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2014, 02:37:59 PM »
I had met Robin about 8 years ago or so. He was filming a movie called The Night Listener in my home town. I had gone down to the set a few times to try and meet him. Finally did one night, just got a hand shake, and a how are ya? that kind of thing.

I went again a few days later, with a girl I liked. She wanted an autograph. (What's the point of autographs? Never understood) We finally waited our turn and he remembered me from the first time. Sure, 2 days who would forget? Maybe a guy who has met hundreds of people a day.. I don't know. He remembered me! That felt fucking huge. He made a comment how I was there 2 days ago with a couple knuckle heads and he liked my Volcom shirt. He said his son loved wearing Volcom stuff. Me and my friend didn't have anything for him to sign so I gave her a dollar of mine for him so sign. He chuckled at that. That damn girl ended up spending that dollar on a cheeseburger at McDonalds. gross

He was pretty softspoken but taking the time out to meet everyone after shooting his scenes, that was cool.

Rest in peace Robin Williams

ericw

« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2014, 07:54:05 PM »
Robin loved his skate hats. He was OG from the beginning.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2014, 08:07:06 PM »
i once played robin in skate he beat me on a nollie giga flip

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2014, 08:37:49 PM »
When I first heard about his death it was sad for him and his family and a little bummed, despite not being much of a Robin Williams fan. (although from any perspective he had an impressive body of work)

Then I was kinda pissed off - I mean, you're rich, have a family, live in some beautiful place in Marin county. Plenty would kill to be in those shoes. Fuck you.

Now I just think: yes it's sad, but he chose his exit and I should respect it. The Parkinson's plays a part, for sure. But I also think a person reserves the right to do such a thing and not be judged, which is sort of a western thing. I mean, I can name half a dozen Japanese authors or artists who killed themselves and over there it was just sort of accepted. Great artists kill themselves.

I'm not sure if I subscribe to that idea but I think there was an undercurrent of pain, especially loneliness, that burdened Mr Williams for quite some time and I suppose he is now free of that.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2014, 10:14:02 PM »
I had met Robin about 8 years ago or so. He was filming a movie called The Night Listener in my home town. I had gone down to the set a few times to try and meet him. Finally did one night, just got a hand shake, and a how are ya? that kind of thing.

I went again a few days later, with a girl I liked. She wanted an autograph. (What's the point of autographs? Never understood) We finally waited our turn and he remembered me from the first time. Sure, 2 days who would forget? Maybe a guy who has met hundreds of people a day.. I don't know. He remembered me! That felt fucking huge. He made a comment how I was there 2 days ago with a couple knuckle heads and he liked my Volcom shirt. He said his son loved wearing Volcom stuff. Me and my friend didn't have anything for him to sign so I gave her a dollar of mine for him so sign. He chuckled at that. That damn girl ended up spending that dollar on a cheeseburger at McDonalds. gross

He was pretty softspoken but taking the time out to meet everyone after shooting his scenes, that was cool.

Rest in peace Robin Williams
I hope you don't still like her.

abudabi

« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »
Then I was kinda pissed off - I mean, you're rich, have a family, live in some beautiful place in Marin county. Plenty would kill to be in those shoes. Fuck you.

Now I just think: yes it's sad, but he chose his exit and I should respect it. The Parkinson's plays a part, for sure. But I also think a person reserves the right to do such a thing and not be judged, which is sort of a western thing. I mean, I can name half a dozen Japanese authors or artists who killed themselves and over there it was just sort of accepted. Great artists kill themselves.

I'm not sure if I subscribe to that idea but I think there was an undercurrent of pain, especially loneliness, that burdened Mr Williams for quite some time and I suppose he is now free of that.
u gotta understand that mental illness doesnt involve thinking rationally. doesnt matter what u have if u hate it for whatever reason.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2014, 10:40:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
u gotta understand that mental illness doesnt involve thinking rationally. doesnt matter what u have if u hate it for whatever reason.

anyone can be depressed, regardless of their situation in life. depression is stems from chemicals in your brain not dollars in your bank account
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2014, 06:37:49 PM »
he picked my buddy up hitching for hour and a half ride, they did a stop and smoked ROBIN'S fucking weed.   Anyway with the belt around his neck it likely was not suicide people, likely he'd been jerkin it and choking off his air supply during climax.  Alot of times the surviving members when this kind of death happens feel it is 'embarrising" (idiots) and lie about the circumstances(pretty wrong in my mind)   death to smoochey
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:50:53 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2014, 01:57:34 AM »
When I first heard of this news I immediately thought of the podcast he did with Marc Maron back in 2010 where he talks about getting back on the sauce and the conversation he had with himself when he even considered taking his life.

The guy was a legend. RIP

Robin WIlliams discusses suicide and death.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2014, 02:02:55 PM »
So Robin Williams dies yet we're still stuck with this guy? Come on now

http://www.spin.com/articles/henry-rollins-column-essay-robin-williams-suicide/

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2014, 03:13:07 PM »
Henry Rollins has always been a talentless hack that thinks way too much of himself. I actually blows my mind that there are people that don't understand suicide. Of all the things in the world that are difficult or near impossible to comprehend, suicide is simply not one of them. Shaming those who come to the conclusion just shows him for the non-thinking inconsiderate fuck he probably is.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

shark tits

« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »
So Robin Williams dies yet we're still stuck with this guy? Come on now

http://www.spin.com/articles/henry-rollins-column-essay-robin-williams-suicide/
damn slasher, that is some westboro baptist level insensitivity! damn you to hell mike v! i mean rollins.

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2014, 03:55:39 PM »
I fucking
distain
him.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2014, 04:15:09 PM »
Fuck sensitivity, dude's just wrong.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2014, 05:10:45 PM »
he does have a point though.
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 780
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »
Billions of people. One subjectivity (Henry Rollins', no less). Makes perfect sense.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2014, 06:06:04 PM »
Henry Rollins has always been a talentless hack that thinks way too much of himself. I actually blows my mind that there are people that don't understand suicide. Of all the things in the world that are difficult or near impossible to comprehend, suicide is simply not one of them. Shaming those who come to the conclusion just shows him for the non-thinking inconsiderate fuck he probably is.
I HATE Henry Rollins, I don't even know him but I want to punch his lights out.

Your point on suicide is cowardly, suicide is never the best option.

nice_guy_2

« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2014, 06:17:36 PM »
well i
 read the whole editorial

rolling said this

"...Depression is so personal and so unique to each of us that when you’re in its teeth, you think you invented it. You can understand your own, but that’s it. When you are severely depressed, it can be more isolating than anything else you have ever experienced. In trying to make someone understand, you can only speak in approximation. You are truly on your own...."

so yah.....

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2014, 06:26:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I HATE Henry Rollins, I don't even know him but I want to punch his lights out.

Your point on suicide is cowardly, suicide is never the best option.
I really wish you'd reconsider.

I'm joking.  Sorry, you just set it up too easy.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2014, 04:58:41 AM »
i wanted to be ike 'fuck henry rollins' BUT ! ? he made a pretty valid point.. that part about traumatising your kids is spot on!

hes still a cunt..

and robin williams is still one of the all time greats

EDIT: fuck henry rollins butt LOL (beat you to it you immature dicks)

shark tits

« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2014, 12:54:27 PM »
read on vice that RW demanded 'homeless labor' at all his shows. that endears him to me more than any of his movies. on a personal level i don't necessarily like most homeless people [although some of my best friends were bums] it is the metric by which i judge people. if a friend gives money to the guy flying a sign on an offramp they're good peoples in my eyes. i try to kick down a cig or something at least [no job] or i'll pay a homeless gentleman to cop for me.
like i said, personally i don't love every homeless person but i spent so much of my life on the streets that i understand how it is and smug people who never kick down are the worst even if some cities are so full of bums you get narcoticized and sick of being spanged.

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »
i spent so much of my life on the streets.

Interesting. You should mention this more often.. Maybe in EVERY FUCKING POST YOU EVER MAKE or something?

shark tits

« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »
fuck your mother pal. i don't think i'm that repetitive.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2014, 08:47:24 AM »
 i think rollins(former amature roller skater) is just thick headed, or a publicity whore.  Maybye not all "kids" are that great.  Rollins is taking the "high road" with this publicity stunt "who can possibly hate ther kids that much too abandon them?"  He is saying Williams hates his kids (saying this kind of thing is a cheap way to get your  dumb cheap audience on your side)  Nobody hates kids. rite?   - thats fukn cheap.  Alot of children (or adult offspring) suck shit so maybye robin was like "fuck yall, especially you, Peace"  (i still personally think it could be  just the ol' aphiixation-jerk off-belt around the neck-mishap not suicide)                                                                                                                                        On a side note i lived on a reservation (just was living there im not native) where the entire family of a father who commited sucide (wife and children) would all change their last name and their given first name  after such an event - pretty gnar!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:59:01 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"