Author Topic: RIP Jay Adams  (Read 14499 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
RIP Jay Adams
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Stacy Peralta just posted on Instagram that Jay Adams passed away of a heart attack last night. RIP to a true pioneer.

Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ericw

Re: RIP Jay Adams
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:32:01 AM »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:33:57 AM by ericw »

dillanharp

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 09:37:13 AM »
Damn... RIP.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 09:42:37 AM »
RIP to a true legend and pioneer.  Pour some out

Faggot McRetard

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:44:40 AM »
RIP Jay...

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 09:51:59 AM »
truly a sad day.  he gave skateboarding style at a time when most people were just spinning on their boards, and had absolutely no style.  all those free stylers looked the same.  RIP. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Violator

• Rep: 73
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 09:52:45 AM »
Are you fucking serious? ? RIP Jay, one of the originators :'(

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 09:55:45 AM »
Video is cliche as fuck, but still... RIP Jay, one of the greatest.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8jIbUb_gf0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8jIbUb_gf0

Netflicks

• Rep: -3
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 09:59:13 AM »
Just saw this on Insta by happenstance. Such a blow the skateboarding world. I haven't seen anyone really reposting yet. So sad to see Stacy's post buried under self-promo. No one's and it's not intentional, but skateboarding owes so much to this guy... It just kind of bothers me.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 10:04:45 AM »
   Shit i was lovng his semi reasent shallow end pool grinds,  probably a million people will have him in their thoughts for decades to come.  I'll use jay as an inspiration for life.  hey man!!!!!
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 10:07:43 AM »
Damn R.I.P

zippy z

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 10:09:18 AM »
Damn... :'(...he's the first "celebrity" who's death has meant anything to me.

RIP My Prince

Loose Trucks Saved My Life

• Rep: -1
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 10:10:02 AM »
I am going to Bert Slide every bank I see today.

RIP to the Legend.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 10:20:54 AM »
RIP

a true rebel

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 10:28:44 AM »
Holy shit... This struck me harder than expected.

Rip

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
Damn, that sucks. I wonder if that guy who jumps over the fence in Static IV really is his brother.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

sorry

• Rep: -14
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 10:34:32 AM »
Hell fucking no
Hail to the king

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 10:35:46 AM »
Just goes to show, it can happen to any of us.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 10:43:29 AM »
really starting to believe famous people go in threes.. rip

shark tits

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:49 AM »
didn't he kill a gay guy? whatever, dude lived a rough life, can't say any of that dogtown nonsense did much for me. RIP anyways.

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 10:59:00 AM »

FrenchFuck

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 11:00:52 AM »
Bummed

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 11:05:12 AM »
gwaan be tinking bout dis a sad news den a smoke some good good sinsemilla da lambsbread in his honor! do it Jah! I an I skateboardas lost a Mas skater!
I an I haff nah white god

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 11:07:58 AM »
didn't he kill a gay guy? whatever, dude lived a rough life, can't say any of that dogtown nonsense did much for me. RIP anyways.

He did, and I don't understand why nobody cares about that.

Sizzla

• Rep: 223
  • I luv I jah
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 11:11:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He did, and I don't understand why nobody cares about that.

rasta man nah apologize to no batty bwoy!

but in all seriousness as the real due behind this character, killing gay people is not cool.
I an I haff nah white god

Schismatic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 4
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 11:18:10 AM »

No. In the early 80's he got arrested for assault, and it was allegedly a 'gay bashing' incident he was involved in. I don't know the specifics. If it was an attack instigated because someone was gay (not involving a person who just happens to be gay, big difference) then yeah, it's fucked up but people change. I don't know Jay's feelings on the topic 20+ years later either way so not going to make any assumptions. Dude was no angel, that's not up for debate.

Around '85-'87 there was a empty capsule pool at my grandma's house in Reseda (still is), deep end is 9' with no flat and about 4' of vert. Not great for skating and hitting tile is a feat, but Jay Adams was one of the few people who ever slashed the coping. Didn't know it was him until almost 10 years later but my 8-9 y/o self was amazed that someone could grind that lip. To this day seeing that shit is one of my most vivid early memories, still one of the gnarliest things I ever saw, and probably contributed to falling so in love with skateboarding at an early age.

RIP

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 11:22:01 AM »
RIP..a sad day for skateboarding. 53 is way to young. Kind of trips you out that this generation of skateboarding is at that age now with even Shogo passing. I can't imagine how I'd feel if say the Gonz or even Tony Hawk passed.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 11:26:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No. In the early 80's he got arrested for assault, and it was allegedly a 'gay bashing' incident he was involved in. I don't know the specifics. If it was an attack instigated because someone was gay (not involving a person who just happens to be gay, big difference) then yeah, it's fucked up but people change. I don't know Jay's feelings on the topic 20+ years later either way so not going to make any assumptions. Dude was no angel, that's not up for debate.

Around '85-'87 there was a empty capsule pool at my grandma's house in Reseda (still is), deep end is 9' with no flat and about 4' of vert. Not great for skating and hitting tile is a feat, but Jay Adams was one of the few people who ever slashed the coping. Didn't know it was him until almost 10 years later but my 8-9 y/o self was amazed that someone could grind that lip. To this day seeing that shit is one of my most vivid early memories, still one of the gnarliest things I ever saw, and probably contributed to falling so in love with skateboarding at an early age.

RIP

The specifics are that he instigated a fight bc some guy was gay, and then that guy died. Jay Adams discusses this in an interview you can read online. He was a part of someone being murdered for sure.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 11:30:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

RIP
[close]

The specifics are that he instigated a fight bc some guy was gay, and then that guy died. Jay Adams discusses this in an interview you can read online. He was a part of someone being murdered for sure.

correct.  he and a friend harassed and assaulted a gay couple outside of Oki Dogs, a famous LA punk hangout.  apparently he left the scene before more people joined in and killed the guy.  he served 6 months for felony assault.

he was a legend in skateboarding. RIP

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 11:31:03 AM »
what the fuck... just when it came together for him... RIP!

Jay Adams