Author Topic: Good bushings  (Read 5976 times)

Tracer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Good bushings
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:58:20 PM »
Many pros will tell you bushings are the single most important part of your ride. Bones hardcores suck, they always break and are way overpriced. Doh Doh's have strange dimensions and don't fit most trucks. Khiro is geared towards the trogs and longboarders.

I feel like if I can cook a compound with some creakless, unique designs it could really take off. I have mostly a metal background but this is an issue in skateboarding right now. It can't be tough to create small batches of a cool compound that doesn't creak or collapse.

Krux clouds have to be the best I've ridden, are there any other bushings that are actually good?

dillanharp

Re: Good bushings
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 09:53:43 PM »
You're right about Krux, I don't get why they're slept on so heavily. On the other hand, I couldn't care less about bushings and I'll stay stock.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 09:58:29 PM »
http://venomskate.com/#bushings

Been riding the same bushings for 2+ years on multiple sets of indys.

pinche gringo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 12:06:25 AM »
You're right about Krux, I don't get why they're slept on so heavily. On the other hand, I couldn't care less about bushings and I'll stay stock.
Because the hanger pops out of the pivot cup. My friend had a bout of nostalgia and bought a set of Krux. He's all smiles beyond the need to pound his truck back into position every so often.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 12:17:56 AM »
Bones hard work the best for me, last 9 months-a year, never tried krux bushings...

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 02:42:58 AM »
Indy bushings: HARD. worked the best for me so far...

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 05:04:26 AM »
my bones hard are good       when you say "geared" toward trogs/longboarders do you mean 'marketed' toward trogs\longboarders?  does that mean they wont work for 'street skating'? sounds wierd to me, why not try them?  .  I think that truck upgrade options are basically marketed toward wrongboarders and old fucks because real skateboarding is way too cool to care and wont spend any money on anything (exception of bearings) even tho its our life passion.    So yah theres Riot, Venom, Riptide, (these 3 also make URATHANE pivot cup upgrades in varying hardnesses!)   I for one am glad that old fucks and wrongboarders exist because of the obvious trickle down effect to real skateboarding's wheel, truck and board technology.  on a sidenote tho if you started a bushing co. i would be stoked as fuk and would seriously buy em -what would you call the company?  good luckjavascript:void(0);
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:16:41 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 05:08:54 AM »
Many pros will tell you bushings are the single most important part of your ride.

Who are these "many"?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 05:13:54 AM »
I remember some interview with Chris Haslam on his setup where he said he used to swear by the Krux bushings. He said he put them in every set of Indys he had, that was until he picked up the Bones sponsor, so now he just skates the Bones Bushings.

As for me, I'm over skating the Bones bushings. They're great while they last, but the durability issues are too much. Ive had one set that lasted me almost a year, and I loved them, but every other set ive had always shits out on me after a few months. They always end up muffin topping and feeling like shit. And I don't crank my shit down either. 12 bucks is a lot to be shelling out for bushings that often.

Right now I'm skating some of the new Indy stock bushings with the barrel bottoms that I got from an acquaintance (last time I skated indy stock bushings was when they still had the cone shaped bottom ones in the earlier stages of the stage 10s, so it's been a while) and so far im surprised at how good they are. They feel a lot more stable, weren't bad to break in, and I'm three months in so far and there's no signs of crumbling or deterioration. Just a slight chip or two, but nothing to effect the overall turning.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 07:38:49 AM »
skating a set of bones mediums on my thunders. i only had one time where they bulged out and i emailed em a pic and they sent me a new set.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 12:46:34 PM »
Bones are fine but don't last long, Khiros are great, geared for what you say, Trogs wtf is that? Clearly you've never ridden them.

Mixing and matching, Bones med bottoms + soft tops are great, same goes for Khiros. Harder bottom softer top. I swear most people dont' even understand how bushings are supposed to work.

Bushings are bushings, find a set that fits your trucks and feels right.

Let me guess, you also think there is a difference between bearings...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:52:27 PM by Xen »

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
red indy soft ones, no washers either. they work perfectly and don't creak and squeak

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 02:08:08 PM »
useless comment ("bushings are bushings, bearings are bearings") more power to you i guess - get some plastic trucks while your at it and a pop out surfboard

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -2
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »
Bones Heavy's don't really break on me. You can't turn your first day riding though.

And yah it's funny how sk8rz get so upset about people riding longer skateboards.
Anyone ride bikes? Do mountain bikers call road bikers fags?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 05:37:34 PM »
useless comment ("bushings are bushings, bearings are bearings") more power to you i guess - get some plastic trucks while your at it and a pop out surfboard

Useless reply.

My BONES and KHIRO bushings work GREAT with my SEISMIC, ZEALOUS and BONES SWISS SIX BEARINGS (and SUPER REDS) and guess what, they're totally interchangeable.

Did you see what I did there?

I took SUPPOSEDLY LONGBOARD PRODUCTS and compared them to SHORT BOARD products as they're SOOOOO completely different in durability and functionality between the two.

Did you know that bushings on longboard trucks serve the same purpose as they do on shortboard trucks? By that logic, one can also assume that bearings help you roll and go fast on either type of setup. Go figure!

Did you know Longboarders use REDS? Wow, guess what?  Bearings are bearings, and bushings are bushings, as long as you don't buy shit (wish is what I assume your poorly written/articulated post attempted to get across).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:46:05 PM by Xen »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »
Bones Heavy's don't really break on me. You can't turn your first day riding though.

And yah it's funny how sk8rz get so upset about people riding longer skateboards.
Anyone ride bikes? Do mountain bikers call road bikers fags?

Pretty sure BMXers clown on those kooky mountain bikers bouncing up bus benches.....

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 09:40:06 PM »
"SHORTBOARD" (?) tisk  tisk  (it's called a "skateboard" there chief)        Also never mind what bmxers "clown on" they just all need to keep that shit in the dirt  (bmx is sick tho but jesus look at their pants and tribal earing set up and tell me they have the rite to be clowning on shit, -ludacris!!)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 09:58:08 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 11:10:12 PM »
I really like Indy soft and the white ones that come in thunder lights.

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 12:40:14 PM »
Bushings don't matter.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 09:42:39 PM »
Just looked through the new Indy catalog, and they are gonna start making there aftermarket bushings in the barrel shape, and the conical shape still. As well as having 6 different hardnesses, super soft (white), soft (red), medium (orange), medium hard (blue), hard (black), and super hard (yellow). Will definitely be picking up a few different pair, just to see which ones I like.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2014, 01:46:04 PM »
Just looked through the new Indy catalog, and they are gonna start making there aftermarket bushings in the barrel shape, and the conical shape still. As well as having 6 different hardnesses, super soft (white), soft (red), medium (orange), medium hard (blue), hard (black), and super hard (yellow). Will definitely be picking up a few different pair, just to see which ones I like.

I guess the spitfire/indy bushings that were talked about a while back fell through (or just being kept quiet). Interesting to see if Indy really steps up. All they'd have to do is ditch the damn stock but cost is cost and aftermarket is even more money.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 06:54:09 AM »
i heard mini javascript:void(0);logo trucks come with the powell after market bushings and that they cost fuck all too! and they make one that is 8.75!  id like to try em.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 11:28:24 PM »
lol post the catalog fool!

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2014, 06:53:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
lol post the catalog fool!

I tried, it won't let me copy or paste the pages cause it's in flash. Just got to independenttrucks.com it's on there.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2014, 04:57:00 AM »
Indy aftermarket bushings on the bottom, the black hard ones., bones mediums on top, no washers. I used to skate the orange Indy mediums, but they get a little too soft without the washers, and Im a big dude. Hards+bones medium is perfect to me.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 09:24:10 AM »
i heard mini javascript:void(0);logo trucks come with the powell after market bushings and that they cost fuck all too! and they make one that is 8.75!  id like to try em.

Yeah they're making (pivot cups too) barrel bottoms with tops the same shape as bones but without the plastic top or core.

256 Ply

• Rep: 22
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 09:40:24 AM »

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 11:34:45 AM »
Super interested in trying the 92 or 94a Indy aftermarkets with the barrel bottoms.

janky858

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 11:51:41 PM »
bones mediums 4 lyfe ;)

Tracer

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 11:52:55 PM »
bones mediums 4 lyfe ;)
If you skate everyday they wont last you 4 months