Author Topic: Indie Game Sex Scandle  (Read 13954 times)

Thrillho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 133
Indie Game Sex Scandle
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:51:06 PM »
Nerd shit warning.  A 25 minute story about pale kid smoosh smoosh.

Quinnspiracy Theory: The Five Guys Saga

And he was totally right down to the title.
http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/zoe-quinn-slut-shaming-the-feminist-conspiracy-and-depression-quest

I know this is a strange thing for a skate forum. Buuut, it's obvious more than a few of us are game nerds and are way too deep into internet culture.  Also, as a game programmer, I find it... strange, I guess?  She's also stylin' on you, if you're curious. http://pastebin.com/JyfvzMFr

Edited for typo. Also, Gipper smells.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:01:45 AM by Thrillho »

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Indie Game Sex Scandle
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 05:03:30 AM »
there's a whole video game section... just sayin'
do more yoga!

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:08:38 AM »
I know this girl IRL (not very well, though). Very bizarre seeing her all over the internet the past few days, haha

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 11:41:39 AM »
abit too long but kind of worth a listen

fucking hell...

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »
I don't understand anything about this.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 01:13:23 PM »
I don't understand anything about this.

Basicly its about a female game dev who is spreading lies , sleeping with single / married game devs and game journalists . To get attention on herself and her work / getting her work out there . And the issue of indy games / game journalism becoming corrupted , trading sex for projects being greenlit and possitive reviews / articles for sex .

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 04:19:19 AM »
Gaming is big business . And this whole thing is pretty shitty

in skating terms would we be ok with knowing that the people who got on OIAM just got on cause they slept with Slap staff ? 
erica yary only getting to host weekend buzz cause she fucked the producer ?  or TMs from REAL only promoted and sponsored
people who gave them blowjobs on tours ?  Trasher only interviewing and promoting skaters who sleep with their journalists and the journalist is the BF of the skater he is writing about ( This might not be far off the truth since most skate journalism is puff pieces )
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 04:37:16 AM by Monty Burns »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 12:30:01 PM »
Gaming is big business . And this whole thing is pretty shitty

in skating terms would we be ok with knowing that the people who got on OIAM just got on cause they slept with Slap staff ? 
erica yary only getting to host weekend buzz cause she fucked the producer ?  or TMs from REAL only promoted and sponsored
people who gave them blowjobs on tours ?  Trasher only interviewing and promoting skaters who sleep with their journalists and the journalist is the BF of the skater he is writing about ( This might not be far off the truth since most skate journalism is puff pieces )

Except how often are blowjobs actually used as currency in the world of skate or video game journalism? It seems the reason that people are so mad about this is that it's supposed to be symptomatic of broader corruption within the gaming community, but how many actual female developers are there that would be in a position to use their sexuality to gain favours? Given the ratio of male to female in the industry this seems like only an incredibly small and relatively insignificant example of the problem of inappropriate relationships between writers/industry insiders and developers, most of whom have no interest in each others naughty bits. So why is this girl being singled out to have her life ruined? Oh ya, because 16 year old rage boners.

In my opinion this has much more to do with frustrated dweebs raging against the encroachment of 'feminazis' and 'progressives' into their beloved cesspool of juvenile sexuality and chauvinism. The allegations of corruption are just there to serve as a smokescreen for people to go after those they see as bringing about the 'PCing' of gaming.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 06:29:38 PM »
In my opinion this has much more to do with frustrated dweebs raging against the encroachment of 'feminazis' and 'progressives' into their beloved cesspool of juvenile sexuality and chauvinism. The allegations of corruption are just there to serve as a smokescreen for people to go after those they see as bringing about the 'PCing' of gaming.

Nail on the head.

There really doesn't seem to be more to it than "goddamn feminists coming for my games"

Plus by any established standard of ethics gaming "journalism" has literally always been corrupt and shady as fuck. There's nothing there worth fighting for.