Author Topic: Shadow of Mordor !?!?  (Read 3656 times)

Monty Burns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
Shadow of Mordor !?!?
« on: October 03, 2014, 08:15:36 AM »
Holy shit ! anybody playing this game ?  Its like a best of Assassins Creed and Batman: Arkham Asylum and made a fucking awesome game

Chipper

• Rep: 14
Re: Shadow of Mordor !?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 09:07:09 AM »
I haven't had a chance to download it off steam yet but I hear nothing but good things about it. Would you say it's worth full retail price?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:20:50 PM »
Holy shit ! anybody playing this game ?  Its like a best of Assassins Creed and Batman: Arkham Asylum and made a fucking awesome game

Is that a real comparison or are you just excited

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 06:08:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would say thats what other say and what I say .

I kind of think its worth buying now , but not if you are in the shit with money or cant spare the cash . I have no problems waiting for games to go down in price , but if you are good on money get it now

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 11:51:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've watched a bit of a playthrough on it and even the guy playing it made this comparison

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 10:56:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've watched a bit of a playthrough on it and even the guy playing it made this comparison

whos playthrough ?

The Orcs walk around and do independent stuff ( fighting , catching slaves  , have conversations , events ) around the world , Just walking around you end up in funny and cool situations , the conversations are funny . This along with the combat system is
pretty much like the batman game .  AI is pretty smart too .

You get missions to kill orc leaders and other kinds of missions to free slaves and so on . But the orc leaders also level up and kill eachother while you play the game so it gets pretty interesting where you can crash a duel betwen 2 orc leaders and kill both , or help a weaker one kill the stronger . Crashing recruitment meetings , issuing death threats to orcs and so on .

The climbing buildings , stealth and assassinations are kind of like AC , but I think they are abit better

Voice acting is damn good too and varied . The random orc generator with Armour and name ,voice is cool too

Basically you can get killed on a mission by some random orc , this orc then gets a promotion and on his own without any real interaction with him he can rise up in the army and become a warlord .

brianwilson

• Rep: -35
    • Flickr avatar image
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »
Definitely checking out! I've heard nothing but good things,

shit_for_brains

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 05:50:51 PM »
Well I think I'm sold

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 08:40:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

whos playthrough ?

Goes by Ifreemz on youtube

shit_for_brains

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 05:57:53 PM »
So far so good. The nemesis system is pretty awesome. This one bowman motherfucker keeps escaping me and talking crazy shit and it almost makes me real world mad. The combat is very Arkham-esque, as everybody knows, but it's not as hard it feels like. Arkham's combat wasn't exactly difficult, but you had to figure out the rhythm. This game there's no rhythm.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2014, 09:31:52 AM »
On sale for 33 bucks. I've used bundle stars before, they are legit.

http://www.bundlestars.com/store/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor/
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 05:30:20 AM »
reading shit_for_brains posts evolve from skeptical, to sold, to playing and hyped made me decide to go get it today

dillanharp

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 08:37:45 AM »
I get so stuck on this game. Some of the captain fights get so ridiculously one sided, 1v10 and more keep coming.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 08:12:30 AM »
reading shit_for_brains posts evolve from skeptical, to sold, to playing and hyped made me decide to go get it today

It's fun man. It's a solid game but I did lose interest after a few weeks. I usually only play stuff that has really high replay ability, where you aren't just running through the game again doing the same stuff, so I don't know if a few weeks is standard or not. I didn't finish it, because it got really repetitive, but it's still a lot of fun and a really good game.

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 03:23:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's fun man. It's a solid game but I did lose interest after a few weeks. I usually only play stuff that has really high replay ability, where you aren't just running through the game again doing the same stuff, so I don't know if a few weeks is standard or not. I didn't finish it, because it got really repetitive, but it's still a lot of fun and a really good game.

My girl's sister/niece/friends were all visiting for the past 4 days, so I got plenty of play time in, and I totally hear you on losing interest. When I get a new game, I binge so hard, but this game, while fun/cool I would only play for 60-90 minutes before getting burned out. It's fun, and I will play it again, but it's not really the most engrossing game.

Don't regret buying it, but will probably try to trade it in towards Far Cry 4 when it drops

raunchyrick

• Rep: 36
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 07:35:26 AM »
Just bought this game, shit's pretty cool and I have no idea what I'm doing.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 08:57:36 PM »
love this shit. it's assassins creed in middle earth with a better story. some of those captains are grinding my gears, though.