Poll

Are you watching GiftedHater?

Yes
No
Yes & Patreon subscribed
Fuck no
Fred Gall

Author Topic: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?  (Read 401409 times)

ChipSuey (+ 3 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

smellymoron69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -17
Re: Thoughts on Gifted Hater?
« Reply #4260 on: April 24, 2024, 10:48:47 PM »
Expand Quote
"you can tell the shoe was designed by a white guy because he forgot about the heelflip"
[close]

I actually stopped the video at that point...drunk or not it wasn't a cool thing to be stereotyping the types of people who do heelflips...really sick of that cliche
cant tell if this is a joke or not lmao

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
« Reply #4261 on: April 24, 2024, 11:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
142 pages about this dork? SMDH
[close]
Well, mostly about this dork
[close]
About 3-4 pages dedicated to pasta appreciation

Good times

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #4262 on: April 25, 2024, 01:25:17 AM »
I've no skin in the game especially re Opus but if anything the last few pages have shown how precious the GH fanboys get when he is challenged. 

I wonder does Joa look at this and think "dorks'. His fans are the exact kinda people he would make fun of.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #4263 on: April 25, 2024, 02:21:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I had no idea what Opus Footwear was prior to the last couple pages of this thread, so I decided to pay the website a visit.

Those shoes don’t look much different from many shoes a good portion of you dorks hype up in countless other threads. They literally look like mostly boring Vans clones without the stripe.

Which I then think is hilarious because it is so obvious GH informs many of your unoriginal opinions. If you feel attacked by this statement, you’re the exact person I’m addressing in this thread.
[close]

Buy a pair
[close]

Fuck no, I generally don’t hype shit shoes on these forums. I’m an individual of fine taste.

The point is mine and any respectable individual’s opinion is based off of one’s own original conclusions, not what some talking head or YouTube personality suggests. When I like or dislike something, that’s how I genuinely feel.

Sounds like you not only missed the point of my comment, but you might also feel that it could be about you.

You’re so vain, so on and so forth.

How do you know if my opinion on Opus footwear is not my own, original conclusion?  You are making a lot of assumptions dawg…

The point that I have made in this thread recently is that I think it’s acceptable for a YouTube personality to talk shit on a shoe brand in a comedic fashion, if said person isn’t feeling the shoe brand. 

To your point, I think any “respectable individual” can look at the Opus catalog and see that the shoes appear like a cheap ripoff of a number of existing skateshoes - it certainly doesn’t require some “talking head” on the internet to suggest it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 02:28:01 AM by big_kev_215 »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 612
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #4264 on: April 25, 2024, 02:45:24 AM »
I've no skin in the game especially re Opus but if anything the last few pages have shown how precious the GH fanboys get when he is challenged. 

I wonder does Joa look at this and think "dorks'. His fans are the exact kinda people he would make fun of.

we call them gifties

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #4265 on: April 25, 2024, 03:45:37 AM »
Maybe the Opus guys see the video, listen to the criticism, and make changes? I mean if they are a company I don’t see why they wouldn’t have the capacity to make changes for the better. It’s not like the criticism was unfounded. And if this is actually Dadboard from YouTube I fuck with your shit man but no need to try to go ham on GH.

I have no idea how you can't see the irony in what you wrote there
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Shtonk

• Rep: -325
« Reply #4266 on: April 25, 2024, 04:18:44 AM »
Isn't Jamie Thomas involved in Opus or am I mixing something up here?

Somebody at Vans must be on the dark web checking assassin prices for the OC area at this point. Those Nine Club bloopers are incredible.

Anxiety

• Rep: 46
« Reply #4267 on: April 25, 2024, 05:15:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I had no idea what Opus Footwear was prior to the last couple pages of this thread, so I decided to pay the website a visit.

Those shoes don’t look much different from many shoes a good portion of you dorks hype up in countless other threads. They literally look like mostly boring Vans clones without the stripe.

Which I then think is hilarious because it is so obvious GH informs many of your unoriginal opinions. If you feel attacked by this statement, you’re the exact person I’m addressing in this thread.
[close]

Buy a pair
[close]

Fuck no, I generally don’t hype shit shoes on these forums. I’m an individual of fine taste.

The point is mine and any respectable individual’s opinion is based off of one’s own original conclusions, not what some talking head or YouTube personality suggests. When I like or dislike something, that’s how I genuinely feel.

Sounds like you not only missed the point of my comment, but you might also feel that it could be about you.

Man, you think the shoes are ugly too…

You don’t have to write a thesis about why you think other people don’t like them, they’re just lame ass shoes.

Puddy Smally

• Rep: 160
« Reply #4268 on: April 25, 2024, 05:38:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Buy a pair
[close]

[close]

Man, you think the shoes are ugly too…

You don’t have to write a thesis about why you think other people don’t like them, they’re just lame ass shoes.

You’re missing the overarching point, which is that many people here get hyped on equally as tasteless and style-less footwear. Many of those same people cannot see the irony amongst their parroting someone else’s view, that they are just as void of any sense of taste as one who may find Opus Footwear’s offerings appealing.

If that observation offends the reader, you (or anyone reading my initial statement) may have felt identified by my comments.

Furthermore, the aggressiveness towards the poster defending Opus here feels entirely inspired how some of you absorb the subject’s content. It’s like you forget to be normal people, caught up in the vibes of someone else’s point of view.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #4269 on: April 25, 2024, 05:42:25 AM »

Somebody at Vans must be on the dark web checking assassin prices for the OC area at this point. Those Nine Club bloopers are incredible.

In the review Roger Bagley made a couple weeks ago, I believe he said someone from Straye was behind the brand

I think Jamie Thomas is doing some other bullshit called Warsaw

Anxiety

« Reply #4270 on: April 25, 2024, 05:45:15 AM »
I don’t really watch gifted hater but I clicked the thread and just wanted to say opus shoes are ugly

Also I didn’t even say anything to whoever that was

The point I’m trying to make right now is that you’re assuming whoever’s making fun of opus shoes or talking shit to someone must just be infantry for some kid on YouTube…

let’s not forget this is slap this type of thing happens often, especially if whoever is being dogged gets sensitive about it.

Puddy Smally

« Reply #4271 on: April 25, 2024, 05:52:05 AM »
I don’t really watch gifted hater but I clicked the thread and just wanted to say opus shoes are ugly

Also I didn’t even say anything to whoever that was

The point I’m trying to make right now is that you’re assuming whoever’s making fun of opus shoes or talking shit to someone must just be infantry for some kid on YouTube…

let’s not forget this is slap this type of thing happens often, especially if whoever is being dogged gets sensitive about it.

I literally stated myself that the shoes are shitty retreads of old designs.

You’re still missing the point, and that’s on you.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Anxiety

« Reply #4272 on: April 25, 2024, 06:02:30 AM »
You’re trying to position yourself above everybody else in this thread by making generalizations and using two dollar words.

That logic of yours is getting in its own way because you don’t seem to want to admit that you’re under the impression of: someone who doesn’t like x but likes y can’t just have an opinion about something that isn’t yours.

If you want to make a general statement you should be objective or it’s going to be flawed.

Puddy Smally

« Reply #4273 on: April 25, 2024, 06:06:17 AM »
You’re trying to position yourself above everybody else in this thread by making generalizations and using two dollar words.

That logic of yours is getting in its own way because you don’t seem to want to admit that you’re under the impression of: someone who doesn’t like x but likes y can’t just have an opinion about something that isn’t yours.

If you want to make a general statement you should be objective or it’s going to be flawed.

Still missing it…
Do you get deja vu, huh?

apport

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #4274 on: April 25, 2024, 07:08:28 AM »
idk it's pretty clear opus is a dogshit destined-for-flop brand without gifted hater having to tell anyone

Puddy Smally

« Reply #4275 on: April 25, 2024, 07:20:57 AM »
I think some of you are getting confused.

Isn’t Opus a Markovich company? Which is way worse than a JT shoe company.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

kelbywest

• Rep: 1
« Reply #4276 on: April 25, 2024, 07:22:10 AM »
Lots of yapping and bitching in here but the point is that whether Opus is a new start-up brand or not, it still deserves to catch flack as much as any other brand. Shoes are straight ugly. Did everyone else see the same bleached pair with no laces and thick ass tongue as I did? Yeesh, talk about a rough start.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4277 on: April 25, 2024, 08:11:07 AM »
those shoes look like half cabs and jerry hsu’s emerica pro model

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 612
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #4278 on: April 25, 2024, 08:28:21 AM »
those shoes look like half cabs and jerry hsu’s emerica pro model
this

some context for y'all
founders:
https://opusfootwear.com/pages/about

One of them designed the Herman G-Code shoe

team:
https://opusfootwear.com/pages/posse

supporting Swampy is great
supporting Markovich probably isn't

Chimppimpin

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4279 on: April 25, 2024, 08:38:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

In the review Roger Bagley made a couple weeks ago, I believe he said someone from Straye was behind the brand

I think Jamie Thomas is doing some other bullshit called Warsaw
they also look just like vans

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4280 on: April 25, 2024, 08:59:04 AM »
This is Shecks new boss #StayPrayedUp #MunicipalPartner

skateordie

• Rep: -39
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4281 on: April 25, 2024, 02:36:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"you can tell the shoe was designed by a white guy because he forgot about the heelflip"
[close]

I actually stopped the video at that point...drunk or not it wasn't a cool thing to be stereotyping the types of people who do heelflips...really sick of that cliche
[close]

would it have bothered you if he said the reverse, something like "a black guy designed it bc he forgot the frontside smith grind?"

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4282 on: April 25, 2024, 06:37:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

would it have bothered you if he said the reverse, something like "a black guy designed it bc he forgot the frontside smith grind?"
what the fuck does this even mean 😭

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1592
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #4283 on: April 25, 2024, 09:01:35 PM »

Pretty funny

EDIT: Holy shit, the Hallow app is almost as bad as tRump charging 60 bucks for bibles hahahahaha

You can't make this shit up

« Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 09:14:28 PM by pugmaster »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Darkslideofthemoon

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4284 on: Today at 05:22:42 AM »
I think some of you are getting confused.

Isn’t Opus a Markovich company? Which is way worse than a JT shoe company.
you my friend, are correct.

vinithebr

• Rep: -21
« Reply #4285 on: Today at 07:33:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

gotta keep the wacky rules consistent and reverse the youtuber's skin color too, and ours