Author Topic: New Krux 8.25 Truck  (Read 15316 times)

jexe

Re: New Krux 8.25 Truck
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2015, 11:26:30 AM »
Yep, bought some based on what the pals on here were saying and really surprised by them, far lighter than any other trucks feel, even a couple friends with hollow thunders were surprised, at first didn't turn too well, but since being worn in properly turning is excellent, best trucks I've riden in a long time, not sure if it's because I have low expectations and they have massively over delivered, or if with Indy/venture/thunder you know what your getting.

dillanharp

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2015, 11:33:50 AM »
I'm pretty sure ace 44s are 8.25. In fact I'm very sure since I just bought some.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2015, 02:30:27 PM »
Yep, bought some based on what the pals on here were saying and really surprised by them, far lighter than any other trucks feel, even a couple friends with hollow thunders were surprised, at first didn't turn too well, but since being worn in properly turning is excellent, best trucks I've riden in a long time, not sure if it's because I have low expectations and they have massively over delivered, or if with Indy/venture/thunder you know what your getting.

A bit of both I think =D

I sold mine off to a slapal and am currently in lurv with my set of ventures.

Deekay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2015, 02:54:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure ace 44s are 8.25. In fact I'm very sure since I just bought some.

They're actually 8.375 but it feels like you can tell a difference from indy 149's. Maybe it's all in my head though...

Do the krux 8.25's feel high and tippy at all? They're pretty high at 55mm...

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2015, 05:37:50 PM »

They're actually 8.375 but it feels like you can tell a difference from indy 149's. Maybe it's all in my head though...

They're 8.25". You take the hanger width and add 2.5", so ACE 44 = 5.75" + 2.5 = 8.25" (that's what ACE tells you to do).

Yes, that's why I sold them off (even tho I liked everything else about them), it's also the same reason standard Indys feel off to me. ACE are 54mm but feel lower. I don't feel comfortable on tall trucks, even with small wheels to compensate. Even the new thunders feel a little tall to me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:21:02 AM by Xen »

dillanharp

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2015, 07:16:04 PM »
If you want them I'll sell them for $20 shipped as long as you're in the states. I only skated them for a day. I like them but I've got so much excess skate shit right now I feel like bmcsteve.

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2015, 08:50:35 AM »
pm'd nallid

BMCsteve

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2015, 10:19:18 AM »
If you want them I'll sell them for $20 shipped as long as you're in the states. I only skated them for a day. I like them but I've got so much excess skate shit right now I feel like bmcsteve.

haha.  it's a disease man!

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2015, 03:00:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They're 8.25". You take the hanger width and add 2.5", so ACE 44 = 5.75" + 2.5 = 8.25" (that's what ACE tells you to do).

Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, that's why I sold them off (even tho I liked everything else about them), it's also the same reason standard Indys feel off to me. ACE are 54mm but feel lower. I don't feel comfortable on tall trucks, even with small wheels to compensate. Even the new thunders feel a little tall to me.

Oh right, then it would actually be a noticable difference I guess. I just look at this dudes blog for sizes since he measures everything the same way and you can compare to other trucks you've skated before.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13rCMIthFb59Y-xrveasWk4GqR9jgd85fXDCIFm3g15I/edit#gid=0

I agree with your thoughts on height. I wish Indy would just go back to the stage 10 height. Normal stage 10's were perfect

BMCsteve

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2015, 03:11:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh right, then it would actually be a noticable difference I guess. I just look at this dudes blog for sizes since he measures everything the same way and you can compare to other trucks you've skated before.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13rCMIthFb59Y-xrveasWk4GqR9jgd85fXDCIFm3g15I/edit#gid=0

I agree with your thoughts on height. I wish Indy would just go back to the stage 10 height. Normal stage 10's were perfect

FYI - Stage 11's with the forged baseplate are the same height as standard stage 10 (53.5mm)

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2015, 03:42:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

FYI - Stage 11's with the forged baseplate are the same height as standard stage 10 (53.5mm)

Yeah! I have the forged Kostons coming from Aces and it feels great... They arent as skyscrapper high as i thought!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2015, 01:34:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh I know, I know. I just dont like the toy looking baseplate but its not the end of the world.

MonistatOne

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »
bumping because I think it's more appropriate to ask in this already-existant thread than to start a new one.

any industry dudes on here know if either indy or thunder are going to start producing some 8.25.  krux just don't feel good to me. took a look out of curiosity on my pair, and when the truck is as loose as it can go (kingpin nut totally off) there's a gap between the hangar yolk and bottom bushing.  I know this gets eliminated once you stand on the board, but that was never case on any pair of indy's I've had; it always sat flush on the top of the bottom bushing.  also noticed the pivot cups stick out over the baseplate, and wonder if that has anything to do with the whole gap between yolk and bushing/not sitting right.  Whalebone has the best Hensleyflip in the game, just can't fuck with how they feel.

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2016, 08:41:44 PM »
bumping because I think it's more appropriate to ask in this already-existant thread than to start a new one.

any industry dudes on here know if either indy or thunder are going to start producing some 8.25.  krux just don't feel good to me. took a look out of curiosity on my pair, and when the truck is as loose as it can go (kingpin nut totally off) there's a gap between the hangar yolk and bottom bushing.  I know this gets eliminated once you stand on the board, but that was never case on any pair of indy's I've had; it always sat flush on the top of the bottom bushing.  also noticed the pivot cups stick out over the baseplate, and wonder if that has anything to do with the whole gap between yolk and bushing/not sitting right.  Whalebone has the best Hensleyflip in the game, just can't fuck with how they feel.

I would seek out the Ace 44 redesign. Everyone has good things to say about them. Thunder and Indy aren't making an 8.25. And with the bending problems I'm having with Thunder, I probably won't buy them again.