Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 778121 times)

ducky darnsworth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #540 on: January 25, 2017, 07:10:07 PM »
my stoner cousin larry gave me some satoris a year ago, they gripped pretty well, slide alright, i liked them

Alotoflizards

• Rep: 0
« Reply #541 on: January 25, 2017, 08:18:08 PM »
my stoner cousin larry gave me some satoris a year ago, they gripped pretty well, slide alright, i liked them

Haha thank you

rob

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #542 on: January 25, 2017, 10:54:19 PM »
Just decided to try this new Crupie wheels and i'm fucking impressed. It's been 10 days it's better than the bones STF I had before.
For $28 I got a 52mm Tiago Lemos wheel and I highly recommend.

interesting...i am strongly considering giving them my monies...

damn you slap!
yes

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #543 on: January 26, 2017, 01:09:15 PM »
Saw these on the Skatewarehouse site. Apparently Clouds in an ATV style?

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Ricta_Clouds_Black_92a_Wheels/descpage-RICLBWH.html
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Zimmer

• Rep: -9
« Reply #544 on: February 10, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Has anyone ended up liking STFs and F4s?

I ended up getting some 55mm V4's after I heard from three different people that they smooth out rough streets. All I've done is roll and pop around, but they seem really nice! :o They almost feel like a super hard cruiser wheel (if that makes sense), with a slide thats more "squawky" and takes a tiny bit more effort than a 101 F4.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm a bones and spits guy. I'm anxious to give these a proper rundown.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #545 on: February 10, 2017, 07:46:41 PM »
I just won those Ben raybourn v5s from the bones site giveaway, so we'll see. Hadn't had any for a long time, like 5 years or so, but I remember them rattling my teeth.
you never know about pre-cum 

Zimmer

« Reply #546 on: February 10, 2017, 07:54:33 PM »
I just won those Ben raybourn v5s from the bones site giveaway, so we'll see. Hadn't had any for a long time, like 5 years or so, but I remember them rattling my teeth.

I have a little patch of sidewalk on the side of my house, and with the same deck and trucks the stf's feel kind of softer than 101's. I think it has to do with the rebound.

I'm gonna sound crazy, but you still feel the ground.. The vibrations are just "higher frequency". The STF's vibrate, and F4's rattle. Just my opinion!

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #547 on: February 11, 2017, 12:04:28 AM »

I ended up getting some 55mm V4's after I heard from three different people that they smooth out rough streets. All I've done is roll and pop around, but they seem really nice! :o They almost feel like a super hard cruiser wheel (if that makes sense), with a slide thats more "squawky" and takes a tiny bit more effort than a 101 F4.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm a bones and spits guy. I'm anxious to give these a proper rundown.
Me. IMO those two are only proper wheels out there right now, i prefer F4's on street as they slide so easily, and stf's on tranny as i find f4's a bit unpredictable on concrete sometimes.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #548 on: February 11, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have a little patch of sidewalk on the side of my house, and with the same deck and trucks the stf's feel kind of softer than 101's. I think it has to do with the rebound.

I'm gonna sound crazy, but you still feel the ground.. The vibrations are just "higher frequency". The STF's vibrate, and F4's rattle. Just my opinion!

See! This is why I prefer bones stf over formula fours, they're like hard cruiser wheels! They push so fast and smooth but still have some slide so you don't get stuck

They feel so good on concrete

That rattle on f4's throws me off so hard and the slip outs cause they're such slidy wheels
yes

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #549 on: February 11, 2017, 08:46:59 AM »

Only if the F4s are wide like the like kwalks 54 conical fulls I'm on now.  Otherwise there is little else that is as glidey on city asphalt as stf.  The three sets of F4s I'd gotten before (classic, tablet, conical) were quickly switched back to stf as i'm not really tryin to push that much in my decrepitude.  I guess F4th time's the charm har

Zimmer

« Reply #550 on: February 11, 2017, 08:59:02 AM »
I don't think I can choose one over the other, they both have their strong points. STFs absorb the ground, while F4s bounce over it!

F4's do seem like they're slower to push around, but at the same time, if I knew I was going to be bombing a lot of hills.. I'd want to be on F4's. Maybe because thats what I'm used to?

I actually still like the feel of rock hard 101s, sometimes you just need to ride rocks.

thespacewolf

• Rep: 10
« Reply #551 on: March 29, 2017, 04:54:28 PM »
Just got into softer wheels after riding 99a spits for forever.
Went from Ricta Sparx Shockwaves 86a (too soft) to Ricta Clouds 92a (almost perfect)
The problem I have with the clouds is that they're too bouncy and still a tad bit grippy. Has anyone gotten the Spitfire Soft D's? Would going 92 on those be the exactly the same thing as the clouds or should I just go for the 95 Soft D's?

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #552 on: March 30, 2017, 08:40:13 AM »
Went from Ricta Sparx Shockwaves 86a (too soft) to Ricta Clouds 92a (almost perfect)
The problem I have with the clouds is that they're too bouncy and still a tad bit grippy. Has anyone gotten the Spitfire Soft D's? Would going 92 on those be the exactly the same thing as the clouds or should I just go for the 95 Soft D's?

Never had the spitfires, but have some 95a pig wheels that are fun. In the 90s it seems like there were more options in 95a. Rowley had a 95a ojs wheel a few years ago and baker had one too. If you get the spitfires, post them up here!

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #553 on: March 30, 2017, 10:48:25 AM »

Ricta's, Reddit's number one wheels. Fuck Reddit, by the way.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #554 on: March 30, 2017, 11:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was just on Reddit defending ricta a few weeks ago
Speed rings are great IMO

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #555 on: March 30, 2017, 12:37:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Rictas are awesome wheels. People just talk shit about them for the sole reason of talking shit. I wish they still made 53mm park crushers.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #556 on: March 30, 2017, 12:39:27 PM »
I've never had the Clouds but I've had a few sets of 92a Soft D's.  Based on what you said I think the 95 Soft D's would work better for you.  The 92a Spits powerslide fine but you need to give tail/bluntslides a little more effort if that makes sense.  I really like them(the 92 Spits) but I can only imagine they'd give you the same problems as the Clouds in regard to excess bounce/grip. 
All you got is today, get out and skate.

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #557 on: March 30, 2017, 06:43:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Rictas are awesome wheels. People just talk shit about them for the sole reason of talking shit. I wish they still made 53mm park crushers.

BMCSteve hooked me up with a set of Westgate NRG tablet shaped 52, and I love them. No bullshitting. When I run out of my Autobahn stash (which will be in about 12-15 years) I'm skating Ricta wheels.

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #558 on: March 30, 2017, 07:34:04 PM »
If they still made 53mm park crushers I would be skating those instead of radial slim F4s all day.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #559 on: March 30, 2017, 10:05:36 PM »
I skated some ricta NRGs a while back too and they skated fine. Felt just as good as F4s. Has anyone tried the new ghetto child wheels? I hear creative makes them but any comparison to F4s? Since that's mostly all I've skated recently.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #560 on: March 31, 2017, 01:51:44 AM »
im gonna have to intervene and say everyone has their taste and i cant back rictas, tried a set of NRG sandovals and they were fast no doubt but hard as rocks, and not even slidy hard. just plain hard.

wheels i can back

#1 bones stf(good grip, slide, and fast. theyre like a cruiser street wheel)
#2 mini logo A cut/maybe even the c cut 101a wheels(theyre such a nice classic street wheel feel with such good grip and feel, better than spit classics)
#3 spitfire  F4 either radial or classics
#4 i wanna say girl/chocolate wheels but i gotta get another set again, i think they felt like the mini logo 101a

other wheels ive tried(gold, spit classic, pig, ricta nrg, bones 100, and im forgetting one...) have nothing on these, also the mini logo really arent the same formula as bones 100 with a different name.
yes

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #561 on: March 31, 2017, 06:12:13 AM »
im gonna have to intervene and say everyone has their taste and i cant back rictas, tried a set of NRG sandovals and they were fast no doubt but hard as rocks, and not even slidy hard. just plain hard.

wheels i can back

#2 mini logo A cut/maybe even the c cut 101a wheels(theyre such a nice classic street wheel feel with such good grip and feel, better than spit classics)
#4 i wanna say girl/chocolate wheels but i gotta get another set again, i think they felt like the mini logo 101a

other wheels ive tried(gold, spit classic, pig, ricta nrg, bones 100, and im forgetting one...) have nothing on these, also the mini logo really arent the same formula as bones 100 with a different name.

Mini logos are grippy but then all of a sudden slip out without warning IMO. Formula Fours are way more predictable and easier to slide but still grippy enough. Perfect. Unless you're on rough terrain. Then you'll need something softer (which is also sadly grippier).

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #562 on: April 01, 2017, 12:41:40 AM »
Expand Quote

wheels i can back

[close]

Mini logos are grippy but then all of a sudden slip out without warning IMO. Formula Fours are way more predictable and easier to slide but still grippy enough. Perfect. Unless you're on rough terrain. Then you'll need something softer (which is also sadly grippier).

I barely skate parks and I'm 90% on the streets, spitfire formula four 99 or 101 aren't as forgiving on street and aren't as fast as bones stf. When you skate on formula fours for days and try stf it's such a crazy difference, I rode formula fours for like 2 years and I was dead set on them then wondered why i dropped stf and tried them again and noticed they feel way smoother and faster
yes

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #563 on: April 01, 2017, 02:16:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

wheels i can back

[close]

[close]

I barely skate parks and I'm 90% on the streets, spitfire formula four 99 or 101 aren't as forgiving on street and aren't as fast as bones stf. When you skate on formula fours for days and try stf it's such a crazy difference, I rode formula fours for like 2 years and I was dead set on them then wondered why i dropped stf and tried them again and noticed they feel way smoother and faster

I've never skated Bones wheels. Something about the image just puts me off so I never tried them. Also streets here in Finland are mostly so crusty that you're not gonna have fun skating around with hard wheels. Even 54 mm 86A Keyframes feel too hard at some points. Skating from spot to spot just isn't all that fun on hard wheels sadly and skating at a spot with soft wheels sucks as well. I'm not opposed to trying some Bones wheels but so far I haven't really seen a reason to try them out I guess.

Pigeon

« Reply #564 on: April 01, 2017, 07:12:46 AM »
Spitfire F4 Classics in 54mm for the past three years. I only have to get new wheels every 2-3 months instead of monthly. I kind of want to try something new, so does anyone fuck with PFC?

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #565 on: April 01, 2017, 07:16:02 AM »
in the same boat, need new wheels in the next month or two, tempted to try to something else but i feel like i'll instantly regret it

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #566 on: April 01, 2017, 07:55:59 AM »
Spitfire F4 Classics in 54mm for the past three years. I only have to get new wheels every 2-3 months instead of monthly. I kind of want to try something new, so does anyone fuck with PFC?
do you like your wheels teeth-rattling hard? if you do you'll dig PFC

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #567 on: April 01, 2017, 03:57:15 PM »
I've been on an F4 101 Radial Slim kick for the last year.  I've been riding 52's pretty religiously but wanted to try something different that wasn't too drastic, so I've got some F4 99 Conical 53's on the way.  I'm hoping to have a tranny setup (I suck at tranny and really want to get better before age get's the best of me) and a street setup.  I'll set the Conicals up on the bigger board and put my Radial Slims with a ton of life left on the smaller setup.

Zimmer

« Reply #568 on: April 01, 2017, 05:02:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

wheels i can back

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've never skated Bones wheels. Something about the image just puts me off so I never tried them. Also streets here in Finland are mostly so crusty that you're not gonna have fun skating around with hard wheels. Even 54 mm 86A Keyframes feel too hard at some points. Skating from spot to spot just isn't all that fun on hard wheels sadly and skating at a spot with soft wheels sucks as well. I'm not opposed to trying some Bones wheels but so far I haven't really seen a reason to try them out I guess.

You really should give bones a shot! I was always against them for no reason, but there's plenty of reasons to drop some cash. They smooth out rough streets but still slide nice. Don't judge the wheel by its marketing lol.

I got some 55mm's, and they're the closest thing to a "cruiser street wheel" you'll ever ride.

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #569 on: April 01, 2017, 08:07:38 PM »
Yeah I always thought Bones were wack too, but I've been riding SPF on tranny for like half a year now and they're pretty perfect. Never slip out, nice screeching slide, and they make F4's seem sluggish. Definitely wanna try some STF's too.