Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 778333 times)

jums

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -50
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #720 on: July 18, 2017, 04:44:59 AM »
Spitfire....

Please tell me the 101 58mm Conical Full F4 is still in production because I can't find them anywhere on the net or at my local brick and mortar.

Any chance I can buy them direct?

Nora9

• Rep: -81
« Reply #721 on: July 18, 2017, 06:14:03 AM »
i like rictas not sure why

Nora9

• Rep: -81
« Reply #722 on: July 18, 2017, 06:14:32 AM »
maybbe cuz they are flat and soft like me

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #723 on: July 18, 2017, 09:06:41 AM »
Does anyone know how good is Bones with their warranties for stfs? Got a pretty noticeable flatspot that I can't seem to get rid of. Only the third session on these too.

They are pretty good when it comes to replacements, I got a flat blunt sliding on some V5s when they first rolled out and they replaced them in short order (albeit a smaller size).

calvinsdream

« Reply #724 on: July 18, 2017, 11:33:27 AM »
Spitfire....

Please tell me the 101 58mm Conical Full F4 is still in production because I can't find them anywhere on the net or at my local brick and mortar.

That was never a size that existed as far as I know.

Biggest 101 is 58mm, but the classic shape.

jums

• Rep: -50
« Reply #725 on: July 18, 2017, 01:03:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Spitfire....

[close]

nah

calvinsdream

« Reply #726 on: July 18, 2017, 03:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Spitfire....

[close]

[close]

nah

I always figured that was just for the 99s. Have you ever seen a set of 101 conical full 58s in person, or even available anywhere, ever?

N.L.

« Reply #727 on: July 18, 2017, 04:59:11 PM »
Tactics had them for awhile.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #728 on: July 22, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »
Any one try the spitfire mike Anderson sfw 2's? Really interested in giving them a go.

http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Spitfire_Anderson_SFW_2_Wheels/descpage-SFAS2WH.html
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #729 on: July 22, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »
Pretty much a classic Spitfire just a different shape.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #730 on: July 24, 2017, 07:27:48 AM »
I'm looking for a slim colored wheel in 53-54mm (pinkish or tealish)

I like the ricta speed rings and bones SPF.

I like these, but I think I want thinner wheels.
http://bones.com/bones-spf-pro-miller-owl-54x31-p5-skateboard-wheel-84b-4pk-yellow

suggestions?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #731 on: July 24, 2017, 07:33:18 AM »

http://bones.com/bones-spf-pro-miller-owl-54x31-p5-skateboard-wheel-84b-4pk-yellow

suggestions?

http://www.tactics.com/spitfire/formula-four-radial-slims-skateboard-wheels/snake-bites-mint-black-swirl-101d

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #732 on: July 24, 2017, 08:21:02 AM »
Expand Quote

suggestions?
[close]

ordered

http://www.tactics.com/spitfire/formula-four-radial-slims-skateboard-wheels/snake-bites-mint-black-swirl-101d

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #733 on: July 30, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »
anyone tried the oj mini elites 95a? I set them up on my cruiser and I think I finally found a good wheel for that. they slide and are a little softer than regular wheels but harder than your typical cruiser type wheel. I figured out I can't deal with soft wheels of any kind - don't like having foot braking as my only option for slowing down and hate the feeling and wheelbite of super soft wheels. these are pretty much perfect for a cruiser if you're the same way.

Rick Sanchez

« Reply #734 on: July 30, 2017, 02:38:50 PM »
Anyone tried out jk industries wheels? Any good? Last 4/5 sets of wheels have been different incarnations of spit f4's so thinking of trying some other shit that ive never had before

danjtony

• Rep: -4
« Reply #735 on: July 31, 2017, 12:23:23 AM »
anyone tried the oj mini elites 95a? I set them up on my cruiser and I think I finally found a good wheel for that. they slide and are a little softer than regular wheels but harder than your typical cruiser type wheel. I figured out I can't deal with soft wheels of any kind - don't like having foot braking as my only option for slowing down and hate the feeling and wheelbite of super soft wheels. these are pretty much perfect for a cruiser if you're the same way.

You get a chance to try em out at the skatepark? I'm looking for an indoor park wheel that's grippy but not too sluggish.

But yeah, I hate super soft wheels too, wouldn't mind getting some of these just to skate crusty spots. I had some Mini-Logo 90a wheels for this purpose, but they needed too much riser cause when they bit, they gripped hard.   

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #736 on: August 02, 2017, 09:55:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You get a chance to try em out at the skatepark? I'm looking for an indoor park wheel that's grippy but not too sluggish.

But yeah, I hate super soft wheels too, wouldn't mind getting some of these just to skate crusty spots. I had some Mini-Logo 90a wheels for this purpose, but they needed too much riser cause when they bit, they gripped hard.   

I don't skate parks very often but they are really good so far on regular asphalt and concrete. I saw some reviews online where people liked them for parks and bowls as well as street.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #737 on: August 02, 2017, 10:05:48 PM »
Does anybody know how SPFs handle on shitty street terrain and bluntslide tricks on ledges compared to STFs?

danjtony

« Reply #738 on: August 02, 2017, 11:45:03 PM »
They're pretty much a hard, fast park wheel that grips when you need em to. I ride them on all terrain, but they don't slide as well as STF or F4's. Also stick a bit on tail slides, lipslides, etc. personally I like that they're a little more difficult to slide, cause I like my wheels to squeal a bit.

Randozzi

« Reply #739 on: August 04, 2017, 12:39:26 AM »
Was recently gifted some Spitfire 53mm 92s, might set them up to see how much of a difference they make on some of the spots around here.

rathernotwalk

• Rep: 1
« Reply #740 on: August 04, 2017, 07:24:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've got some speedlab 97a on one of my setups right now and on rough stuff it's a little sluggish but for the more slippery parks they feel real similar to f4s with a little more grip

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
« Reply #741 on: August 04, 2017, 10:55:12 PM »
sorry if this has been covered (i scanned back a few pages and didn't see anything) but what's up w/ wayward's factory? i heard they're actually really good and made in carolina or something but haven't heard anything confirmed.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #742 on: August 05, 2017, 08:41:40 AM »
sorry if this has been covered (i scanned back a few pages and didn't see anything) but what's up w/ wayward's factory? i heard they're actually really good and made in carolina or something but haven't heard anything confirmed.

I'm curious about this too.  I know a couple people have weighed in, but has anyone on here been skating Wayward's and how do you like them? Been on F4's the last 4 years and Wayward's are the only non-F4 wheel that have piqued my interest.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #743 on: August 11, 2017, 08:20:21 AM »
They're pretty much a hard, fast park wheel that grips when you need em to. I ride them on all terrain, but they don't slide as well as STF or F4's. Also stick a bit on tail slides, lipslides, etc. personally I like that they're a little more difficult to slide, cause I like my wheels to squeal a bit.
SPF's are sick on street, pretty sure I accomplished my longest hill bomb powerslide ever on a set, shit felt cool as fuck

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #744 on: August 12, 2017, 01:17:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
SPF's are sick on street, pretty sure I accomplished my longest hill bomb powerslide ever on a set, shit felt cool as fuck

They're designed for super nice ground aren't they? How are they on shit ground, how would you compare them to stfs/f4s if you've had them? Not sliding well on ledges sounds like a bummer though

danjtony

« Reply #745 on: August 12, 2017, 02:14:13 AM »
I guess I wouldn't even say that they don't slide well. Just relative to those other two wheels, they aren't as smooth. For me, I just have to skate a bit faster for tail slides and shit of that nature. Their "stickiness" is hard to explain. Like, it's not a soft wheel grip or anything, but I feel really confident carving around transition on them. Between that and how fast they are, they're the perfect wheel for me. If I was skating rough shit more exclusively, I'd probably ride f4's or stf.

Pigeon

« Reply #746 on: August 12, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They're designed for super nice ground aren't they? How are they on shit ground, how would you compare them to stfs/f4s if you've had them? Not sliding well on ledges sounds like a bummer though
How easily, and how many can you fit in your anus, though?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #747 on: August 12, 2017, 08:25:03 PM »
SPF=hard but sticky....yet still slide. They are made for California skateparks which are smooth and slippery.....

I skate em on street too because somehow the stickiness makes them feel softer.....

N.L.

« Reply #748 on: August 13, 2017, 09:14:02 AM »
I don't know how you guys enjoy SPF on street. It didn't feel like skateboarding to me. Teeth Chattering displeasure my end. Amazing in new smooth parks though- agreed. 

Clang

• Rep: -2
« Reply #749 on: August 21, 2017, 06:58:19 AM »
Anyone here skate sml wheels? Are they good? How do they compare to F4s? Does anything compare to F4s?