Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 777661 times)

Paperclip20

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #3240 on: September 17, 2020, 04:28:16 AM »
I want to know why people all ridding their wheel with graphics on the inside? If you're locking into things the graphics still wear if that the reason no?

A lot of people like having their wheels look plain from the outside, it's not so much about the graphic

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3241 on: September 17, 2020, 04:43:10 AM »
I want to know why people all ridding their wheel with graphics on the inside? If you're locking into things the graphics still wear if that the reason no?
It has nothing to do regarding keeping the graphic but who knows. In my case I do it because it distracts me seeing the graphic rolling and even worse when is scratched.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3242 on: September 17, 2020, 06:26:49 AM »
question about loophole: do they only come in 101a? how do they compare to 99a f4 in terms of feel?

I'm skating mine and honestly they feel really similar. I am not a 101a fun but these do feel quite good and don't rattle my teeth at all. @Gay Imp Sausage Metal has spent a bunch of time on his, I think @Buttfart Rapedick has as well.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3243 on: September 17, 2020, 06:47:44 AM »
Expand Quote
question about loophole: do they only come in 101a? how do they compare to 99a f4 in terms of feel?
[close]

I'm skating mine and honestly they feel really similar. I am not a 101a fun but these do feel quite good and don't rattle my teeth at all. @Gay Imp Sausage Metal has spent a bunch of time on his, I think @Buttfart Rapedick has as well.
they only come in one hardness! I usually only ride f4 99s and they do tend to feel a tad bit harder than 99s but not teeth rattling like old PFC 101s. I don't usually go for 101s either but they seem like a happy medium to me, I'm hooked for the meantime, powerslides are like a dream on them!!!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #3244 on: September 17, 2020, 07:26:49 AM »

Yeah, they only come in that hardness. They feel similar to 101 F4’s but with a little less jarring feel when rolling, like the impact of crusty streets is absorbed a little better. They grip more than F4’s and that aspect feels like the newer Bones easy street 99a natural color wheels I’ve tried.

newspaperparty

• Rep: 25
« Reply #3245 on: September 17, 2020, 01:20:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Got some new Boardycakes 48.5mm 99a.  Looking forward to skating these little baked potatoes.

These are SUPER wide and remind me of the first new wheels I ever bought (powell jellyballs).

44mm Boardcakes for comparison. 

[close]
mine are coming in monday, super hyped ;D
what size truck are you running relative to the deck width? im hoping to run a little bit of magic carpet if they are wide enough
[close]

Nice! This setup has 149s on an 8.5.  The edge of the wheel is basically flush with the axle nut
[close]
word thanks man. might have to add more axle washers to push them out

Anyone have any input on the various boardy cakes formulas and if they flat spot easily? Been really wanting to pull the trigger on some but not sure. Wanting some benchwarmers I think

IrritableBowel2

• Rep: 20
« Reply #3246 on: September 17, 2020, 01:58:09 PM »
Riding Benchwarmers right now, but only one session in. No flatspots, but only one session. I actually liked them, and I haven't liked any non f4's in a long time. They sound and feel right. Super wide wheel harder to slide than F4 Classics, but definitely slidable, and it chirps/squeaks ok.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3247 on: September 17, 2020, 03:13:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, they only come in that hardness. They feel similar to 101 F4’s but with a little less jarring feel when rolling, like the impact of crusty streets is absorbed a little better. They grip more than F4’s and that aspect feels like the newer Bones easy street 99a natural color wheels I’ve tried.

sounds good, maybe i'll try. thx for the reply!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3248 on: September 18, 2020, 10:07:31 PM »
Thinking of giving Spitifre F4 another go. Which shape would be the closest match to a Bones V3?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #3249 on: September 18, 2020, 10:52:56 PM »
Thinking of giving Spitifre F4 another go. Which shape would be the closest match to a Bones V3?
There's not a great match for the v3 in the f4 catalog right now. Classics are probably the most similar in performance, but are wider and heavier. Tablets might also be worth a shot; the contact patch is bigger and theyre a bit more square, but they're a good weight and width match for the v3.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #3250 on: September 18, 2020, 10:57:20 PM »

radial slim probably

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3251 on: September 18, 2020, 11:01:08 PM »

If they are V3s slims, good luck. My friend has them and those are pretty fucking skinny.

Classics are the most similar shape I think, but not maybe in actual contact patch and width.

Basically wait for some pal to come along and tell us we’re all wrong and what’s the correct option

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3252 on: September 19, 2020, 12:47:25 AM »
Yeah they are the V3 which are really skinny, slimmer than the v1. I like how light they are, I rode some v2 in 53mm and they felt heavy by comparison.

Wondering if spitfires in 101a will give me a better slide and handle crust better. Rolling over brick walkways on v3 is bone jarring.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #3253 on: September 19, 2020, 01:54:38 AM »
Yeah they are the V3 which are really skinny, slimmer than the v1. I like how light they are, I rode some v2 in 53mm and they felt heavy by comparison.

Wondering if spitfires in 101a will give me a better slide and handle crust better. Rolling over brick walkways on v3 is bone jarring.

Because v3s are just about the skinniest wheels ever made. Even going to v1 or v2 should make a noticeable difference. I remember loving classic slims (similar to v3s) back in the day in carparks but not being able to skate them on rough street terrain.

Though I don't think any current spitfire shape will really be lighter than v2s if you found those heavy.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #3254 on: September 21, 2020, 02:37:49 AM »
Got some new Boardycakes 48.5mm 99a.  Looking forward to skating these little baked potatoes.

These are SUPER wide and remind me of the first new wheels I ever bought (powell jellyballs).

44mm Boardcakes for comparison. 

I was just looking at these but decided to go with the bundts, thinking both that they would be fatter than they are and that there wouldn't be such an extreme difference. I now see the error of my ways, and I should have known to consult with you since you've tried damn near everything haha. Guess I'm getting another set of boardy cakes. The bundts are cool but pretty impractical for what I skate. Those bench warmers look like the can handle a bit of crust or the acorn carpets that show up this time of year, plus I'm a fan of creative's 99a formula which is what I assume these are?

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #3255 on: September 21, 2020, 02:54:34 AM »

Since @FrozenIndustries summoned me I guess I'll give you my usual spiel about them. I've got 3 sets of loophole/NFG and I really like them. They're hard (55D which is more like 102 or 103a I guess) but don't skate like it. I skate mostly east coast crust and they handle it better than any other wheel over 99a I've tried. They don't rattle your teeth and they hold speed really well, which helps them to just kind of glide over rough stuff. The shapes are excellent if you like wide wheels, I like the 54 squares for most applications but the V cut are great for commuting and just monster trucking over debris and cracks. They don't feel overly heavy either despite the size. Slide is pretty slick at first but once you get the glossy top layer off it becomes a little more predictable and is easy to control.

The cons are theyre hand poured with high quality urethane so they often have bubbles or blemishes which doesn't affect the performance but some people dislike. The graphics can be rubbed off easily and they'll be pretty much gone after a week or so but again that's just aesthetics. The shapes might be a little wide if you're not used to skating a V4 wide or conical full type wheel.

As for how they stack up against F4 99a - they aren't better in my opinion. They are, however, pretty close and a nice change of pace. I think the best way to think of them is as a compliment to my F4 rather than a replacement. I do prefer them to F4 101a, but the 99 are still the king of the mountain for me.

Diocletian

« Reply #3256 on: September 21, 2020, 12:26:28 PM »
I have a set of loophole 56mm V shapes that I skated at a smooth concrete park for an hour, so they're still basically brand new. $30 shipping included if anyone wants em. DM me.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #3257 on: September 25, 2020, 03:27:23 PM »
Ok yeah

My loopholes require custom size spacers. Larger not smaller. I knew that it was different from view just the wrong way.

I threw my regs red in there temporary till I can go to the store fix it

They're nice so far
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3258 on: September 25, 2020, 03:37:19 PM »

I leave one graphic out. My front right.

I can't remember why.
(A)pl(E)

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #3259 on: September 25, 2020, 08:07:04 PM »
Grabbed the 53mm 95 a Nomads and theyre def unique.

Ive been riding easy streets v1 a while for 3 months and use 92a clouds for crusty NJ streets.

I will say these have a higher rebound than easy streets or f4 99s but they are unique. The hardness and rebound diff is noticable coming from 99 stf/f4 to these. On rough NJ pavement they do very well, similar to 92 clounds but much better than easystreets 99a. As expected, sliding is inbeteen the two. On smooth pavement it feels like clouds. Amazing feeling. Fast and super smooth on transition with needed tackyness but can still revert. They do slide much better than the 92a clouds, however, you wil have to use slightly more effort than 99 stf/f4. I have been skating a slick metal half and a crusty nj spot so these are perfect, however, I cant be 100% yet, need a lil more time. Takes some time to get used to. I def dont need the 92 clouds any more but I may want harder wheels for a nice smooth park. Great shape. Really enjoying them. Nice contact patch and space without added weight of bulky wheels.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 08:15:55 PM by tyshoes »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3260 on: September 26, 2020, 03:09:36 PM »
I scored on some trades today boi!!!!!

Got like 2 hrs in Salem. I should have called more homies. Next time.

The loop holes are sick as helk. Same type of stuff? Who knows. Only time will tell.

54 loop next to worn spit classic 55

Regular crust marks. Typical of NE spots on an f4.

Then my homie trades me some nice bones for a set of my f4 conicals. I have 3 sets of old conicals so I was like sure man.

The last bones wheel I had was a DTF DITCH TECH FORMULA!! Im going to test them like this winter when I'm only fucking with ledges..

There's more Trades to post about!!!
(A)pl(E)

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #3261 on: September 26, 2020, 03:48:01 PM »
I never buy a wheel based on graphic. Always graphic inside and yeah the graphic will wear from locking against it

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3262 on: September 26, 2020, 08:10:40 PM »
After talking shit on OJ's on twitter, I bought some just to try them since I hadn't skated them since I was a 13 year old. Landed the first eight things I tried, so they're staying on for a bit. But, I will say that the 101a does not slide well on asphalt hills, so my little front 180, switch 180 to hill bomb was...interesting.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3263 on: September 26, 2020, 08:19:13 PM »
After talking shit on OJ's on twitter, I bought some just to try them since I hadn't skated them since I was a 13 year old. Landed the first eight things I tried, so they're staying on for a bit. But, I will say that the 101a does not slide well on asphalt hills, so my little front 180, switch 180 to hill bomb was...interesting.

Elites or the regular (which are the pure concentrate)? The pure concentrates are shit...soft and sluggish feeling

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3264 on: September 26, 2020, 08:34:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Elites or the regular (which are the pure concentrate)? The pure concentrates are shit...soft and sluggish feeling

Elite. 52mm EZ Edge.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3265 on: September 27, 2020, 01:00:12 AM »
Anyone know any online channels selling Spitfires? We are getting nothing but fakes here in Asia, even some of the reputed shops are selling either China counterfeits or non-brand wheels.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3266 on: September 27, 2020, 07:30:06 AM »
got my new set of f4s with some new big balls on my setup, but it's been raining the last two days. thinking about going to the parking house a few blocks away.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #3267 on: September 27, 2020, 02:03:37 PM »
Anyone know any online channels selling Spitfires? We are getting nothing but fakes here in Asia, even some of the reputed shops are selling either China counterfeits or non-brand wheels.

Check your pm. My local has some classics tabs and conicals.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #3268 on: September 27, 2020, 05:05:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Check your pm. My local has some classics tabs and conicals.

Spitfire F4 dealer >>>>> weed dealer

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #3269 on: September 27, 2020, 06:29:41 PM »
One of the craziest hill bombs I did was on a set of darkstars in the early 2000's. I found out too late when I was going fast that they didn't powerslide so I rode out this hill on some rattling cored wheels hoping they wouldn't meet a rock/crack beyond their limit on the way down. The feeling of surrender in those situations is unparalleled.