Author Topic: Backpack recommendation?  (Read 5920 times)

360 frip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
Re: Backpack recommendation?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2014, 12:26:11 AM »
Quote from: The Nose Face  link=topic=82211.msg2232217#msg2232217 date=1414443988
Expand Quote
no skate straps, but this is the best bag i've owned. on my second one after leaving the first in a fucking lyft.

[close]

I have the Cardiel Chrome - best backpack I've ever owned too. Buy a Chrome - lifetime guarantee i'm pretty sure and the things are quality.

I've used a Chrome messenger bag for years now, water resistant and very well built. If I wash mine it still looks new after 4/5 years of use.

I just got a custom bag made by these guys too:

http://www.bagaboo.hu/] [url]http://www.bagaboo.hu/[/url]

Choose what features, colours you want and they even stitched a design on the front for only an extra 30 Euros.

Again, quality workmanship.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

drunk guy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2014, 02:20:43 PM »
http://www.6pm.com/dakine-ledge-25l-pyrite

If you like to ride your bike to skate spots this is the best bag ever.

Horizontal carry prevents you from hitting you head on the top of the board and your back tire from hitting the bottom.

I had originally planned on using it for my motorcycle as well but the horizontal carry is no good over 30mph (basically turns into a buzz lightyear wing at higher speeds) but otherwise its the best bag I have ever owned, super strong super basic and rather rugged.
id ride that to a skatespot  :-* :-*

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2014, 11:46:59 PM »
Expand Quote
i bought a theories backpack today, mainly because it comes with a mystery gift, but it looks like a nice smaller bag to huck all of your crap in while out skating.
[close]

let us know how the bag is as well as what the gift is. TOA hooks it up!!

I usually need a bag when i skate- i always have a extra shirt, water, towel, tool.. It would be nice but very impractical for me to skate with out one

will do, i'll put a photo or two up when it gets in.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 05:40:39 AM »
COMABRAND

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2014, 06:03:14 AM »
Burton life time guarantee is the truth! The high cascade shred shred scout holds your laptop, board, and tons of books/three nights of clothing and an extra pair of shoes. Rain guard fold out rain guard, beer holder, weed pocket, refrigerated detachable lunch box, felt lined sunglasses spot. Padded as fuck and good cross support so it's great to skate with. Only backpack I would ever buy if I ever have to buy one again but I don't because they will just keep replacing parts until it's a new bag or just replace the entire bag. Also doesn't rip. Broke one zipper in 5 years and they replaced it with a better one within a week.

Added pick. More square on top than pic alludes.

I as well am looking for a back pack and looked up more photos of that and it looks like the best backpack ever, as soon as I get some more scratch I will be purchasing this.
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2014, 06:34:58 AM »
COMABRAND

i love my coma bag, but its probably not the best choice for what this dude wants.

i recommend the hell out of it though if youre looking for a light duty bag to carry whatever you need for the day in it. nice and light, good straps, enough room to fit a good amount of stuff, but not heavy duty by any means.

rancho chupacabraj

« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2014, 06:36:54 AM »
Carhartt Kickflip
Bought this one maybe 4 or 5 years ago and still doing it's business. Skatestraps works great and compression straps are comfortable. Capacity is close to 18-19 liter. This also has some type of water resistance, price of this one goes around 70-100 euros.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2014, 07:58:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Burton life time guarantee is the truth! The high cascade shred shred scout holds your laptop, board, and tons of books/three nights of clothing and an extra pair of shoes. Rain guard fold out rain guard, beer holder, weed pocket, refrigerated detachable lunch box, felt lined sunglasses spot. Padded as fuck and good cross support so it's great to skate with. Only backpack I would ever buy if I ever have to buy one again but I don't because they will just keep replacing parts until it's a new bag or just replace the entire bag. Also doesn't rip. Broke one zipper in 5 years and they replaced it with a better one within a week.

Added pick. More square on top than pic alludes.
[img]
[close]

I as well am looking for a back pack and looked up more photos of that and it looks like the best backpack ever, as soon as I get some more scratch I will be purchasing this.

you will not be upset by this.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

choke mayne

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • pot
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2014, 08:00:42 AM »
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET A CHROME INDUSTRIES BAG

IT'S FUCKING WORTH EVERY CENT

SomeWorries

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2014, 01:45:34 AM »
http://www.6pm.com/dakine-ledge-25l-pyrite

If you like to ride your bike to skate spots this is the best bag ever.

Horizontal carry prevents you from hitting you head on the top of the board and your back tire from hitting the bottom.

I had originally planned on using it for my motorcycle as well but the horizontal carry is no good over 30mph (basically turns into a buzz lightyear wing at higher speeds) but otherwise its the best bag I have ever owned, super strong super basic and rather rugged.

Saw a dude get on the bus the other day with his boards strapped in like this- they board hit poles on either side and stopped him dead in his tracks. Had to walk sideways to his seat. Been there.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 04:25:26 AM »
Do yourself a favor and don't buy a skateboard brand backpack. Chrome bags are pretty solid, but for 100 bucks or so you could grab a Mer skateboard bag and it would tick off every box on your list.

http://merbags.com/products.html

Handmade to order in the USA. Support a small business making great products. Depending on where you live, im sure there are similar small messenger bag companies making equally awesome bags. Let me know where you live and I can make some more specific recommendations. As far as newer outdoor brands go, you can't go wrong with mystery ranch/kletterworks, or patagonia, but expect to drop a couple hundred for those. Stay away from new consumer-priced north face,  marmot, etc. that shit is mostly garbage now.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2014, 09:15:09 PM »
so my theories bag arrived. smaller bag, perfect for a few items while you're out cruising. phone, water bottle, snacks, hoodie and keys etc. they even threw in a magenta zip-up which is really awesome, but unfortunately it's a bit slim for my liking. would definitely recommend if you're after a bag on the smaller side.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2014, 05:37:49 PM »
I'm using a chrome citizen and that shit is the fucking bomb. It's completely waterproof, I've been with it in downpours and everything inside is dry, lifetime warranty too, those things last forever. They run $160 new but you could easily find one in your price range if just went on craigslist.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down