Author Topic: Huf Dylans  (Read 7228 times)

2thick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -63
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Huf Dylans
« on: November 12, 2014, 01:28:14 PM »
I know there's already been a thread about this but I didn't find it very helpful. I was wondering if people could give their opinions/ reviews on how the suede dylans skate (also the leather ones but mostly suede.) Whenever I look it up its either kids on youtube or ripped laces, neither of which are very reliable.  Thanks in advance

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Huf Dylans
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 01:49:20 PM »
If you found the other thread, why didn't you just use that one instead of making a new one?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 03:56:57 PM »
If you found the other thread, why didn't you just use that one instead of making a new one?

Yeah.  That way anyone with a similar (or different) question only has to go through one thread.  Or at least use a different title.

2thick

• Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 04:53:06 PM »
Figured a bump would be frowned upon. My bad guys!

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 05:06:14 PM »
Figured a bump would be frowned upon. My bad guys!

This is SLAP. Everything is frowned upon.

Prince Nelson

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 06:00:59 PM »
I know there's already been a thread about this but I didn't find it very helpful. I was wondering if people could give their opinions/ reviews on how the suede dylans skate (also the leather ones but mostly suede.) Whenever I look it up its either kids on youtube or ripped laces, neither of which are very reliable.  Thanks in advance

Actually, Ripped Laces is extremely reliable and put up a super good in-depth review of the shoe.

2thick

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 06:28:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Actually, Ripped Laces is extremely reliable and put up a super good in-depth review of the shoe.
Although I don't really mind them their reviews just sound repetitive so that's basically what I meant by that.
Also I was looking for a review of the suede ones if you actually read what I wrote

tony volume

• Rep: -13
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 08:21:51 PM »
I have a pair of white dylans that I've been skating.
basically, ripped laces got it right.

they are worth every cent. (if you are willing to spend $120)

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2014, 09:57:16 AM »
I can only comment on the Leather ones. They rule. They are a great skate shoe and will serve you well. They are actually pretty thin, but as they wear out, they look better. Honestly, I was skeptical about the whole "cup sole" thing, but they are not too much different than a vulcanized shoe, in terms of board feel.

Buy them!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:51:18 AM by Mr. Kamikazi »

ferraveemo

• Rep: 23
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2014, 02:03:09 AM »
I sized up on my first pair of the blacks. found the whites in my size(which ripped laces suggested to getting your actual size) and my toes were sore for wearing them the first night. Gonna try to put 'em on again...

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 01:05:09 PM »
I sized up on my first pair of the blacks. found the whites in my size(which ripped laces suggested to getting your actual size) and my toes were sore for wearing them the first night. Gonna try to put 'em on again...
So were the first pair too big? If not, why size down?

ferraveemo

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 05:17:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah! they fit fine...same goes for every other shoe that i size up on. but after you break them in, they tend to get a looser fit and i don't like that on certain shoes. I didn't really size down, I got the size that's actually my size and they're super snug. If i remember, the first night...i had my achilles peeling from the heel rub and my toes were scrutched up which made them even more uncomfortable. I really need to wear them out more so they get looser or get one of those shoe stretchers.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2014, 06:47:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Nah! they fit fine...same goes for every other shoe that i size up on. but after you break them in, they tend to get a looser fit and i don't like that on certain shoes. I didn't really size down, I got the size that's actually my size and they're super snug. If i remember, the first night...i had my achilles peeling from the heel rub and my toes were scrutched up which made them even more uncomfortable. I really need to wear them out more so they get looser or get one of those shoe stretchers.

Heat up with a hairdryer the part of the shoe that hurts you more (the heel and toes part) with them on then walk in them in your home for a while! The heat will help the shoe to stretch! Done that in some pairs to break in faster and worked pretty well!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

2thick

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2014, 06:52:18 AM »
Think i'm going to pull the trigger on an oxblood pair.... hope they don't look stupid without the dylan look

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
My real question is, flat or round laces?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 09:47:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Same thing happened to my Achilles as well.  Got a pretty strong blister.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »

Flat for skating, round for work.

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 09:27:04 PM »
contemplating getting the oxblood ones and spray painting those black cuz from the look of it online, it looks pretty ugly.  Anybody got that colorway yet and can chime in?

ferraveemo

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 10:15:30 PM »

Round Laces...not feeling the flat's on Dress Shoes. It just reminds me of Chuck Taylor's with Fat Laces...Very Mexican Vato/Sammy Baca'ish haha!

mini greek

• Rep: 28
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 10:19:12 PM »
contemplating getting the oxblood ones and spray painting those black cuz from the look of it online, it looks pretty ugly.  Anybody got that colorway yet and can chime in?
I bought those oxblood ones and love em!  They're dark enough to not really have to paint them black...
Get litty.....

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 09:51:12 AM »
mine look like this
They don't ever look like this...

I'm guessing theboardr has trouble with white balance.

The Claw

• Rep: -9
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 08:17:06 PM »
So i bought a pair of the first black on black dylans when they first came out back in July and i love them. Always super comfortable and have had no problems with them. I just got a pair of the black gum dylans (in the same size) and the first day I wore them for maybe an hour and they gave me the gnarliest blisters on the back of my heels. Anyone else have this problem or a solution to it?

nateworst

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2015, 03:31:40 PM »
So i bought a pair of the first black on black dylans when they first came out back in July and i love them. Always super comfortable and have had no problems with them. I just got a pair of the black gum dylans (in the same size) and the first day I wore them for maybe an hour and they gave me the gnarliest blisters on the back of my heels. Anyone else have this problem or a solution to it?
wrap electrical tape around your foot, works great

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2015, 03:41:17 PM »
i put some duct tape around that area inside the shoe with some Eras and it helped

Carter

• Rep: -1
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2015, 04:38:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i put some duct tape around that area inside the shoe with some Eras and it helped
i have 5 pairs now...when you get them and want to skip the break in microwave without laces for a minute 25 and flex them with your hands and then put them on while still warm and walk around the house. out of all color ways i have the black gum were the best with this method. i  don't have the burgundy ones and the burnished black ones were just simply the best ones yet.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »
Think i'm going to pull the trigger on an oxblood pair.... hope they don't look stupid without the dylan look

I got the Navy/White and the Black/Gum for 65$ each. The Navy ones look good with almost anything (they looked just fine even with some baggy camo cargos) but the black ones look very dressy (which is why i got them.) Get your true size. They were almost impossible to get on my foot out the box but after an hour of wearing them they're perfect. I have no complaints about them. Other than Huf could bump up the quality on them.

Owl

• Rep: -2
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 05:44:48 PM »
These are going for 60 bucks shipped on amazon right now in navy/white and black/gum color ways. I bit the bullet and got the navy/white ones in my regular size, as ripped laces stated to do so. I really should have bought a half size bigger and ended up having to switch out the thick stock insoles for some thinner ones.

This shoe was pretty stiff out of the box and took a coupes hours to break in. Very grippy outsole, which is also pretty thin. In my opinion, they aren't that comfortable, but could get better over time. I imagine they would be decent to skate in. The suede on the interior of the heel is a nice touch, which keeps your heel locked in place very well. Are they worth $120? NOPE. The leather on this color way looks a bit cheap in person, there is excess glue on the leather due to the rubber/leather bonding process, and some stitching is off in certain areas.

The burnished black color way looks the best, too bad they don't make it anymore.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 05:43:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stack up on these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-5-Pair-Foot-Care-Cushion-Inserts-Insole-Liner-High-Heel-Shoes-Back-Pads-/251571739165?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3a92d81a1d

Theyre not even 2 bucks and free shipping for 5 pairs. They can last you the life of the shoe if you dont fuck up somehow and it should solve it, it did for me.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 05:39:07 PM »
People looking for sizing. I always get my shoes in size 11, even if the brand runs big or small. I thought these might be too slim for my foot but they are good. I took out the insole that came with it, the shoes were way too tight with it in there, but they are kinda long. I put some random 10$ walmart insole I bought in there that are much thinner and they fit great. I have pretty much only worn mine at work inside in a clean environment.

Has anyone had any discoloration problems? I'm getting this thick white discolor around the toe of the shoe, my toes don't reach that far.I tried some leather wipes to see if it would help but it doesn't. here is a picture, it actually comes out a lot better in the sunlight but there are a fuck ton of mosquitoes out right now. It's just quickly getting worse on both shoes. I haven't skated them at all either.

Edit I keep walking by them and it just bums me out more and more.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:10:14 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 10:44:20 PM »
I got that gnarly blister at the back of my foot too....

In all smart design, but stiff and materials seem better than most Huf stuff but still....so-so....

Bet they last forever though....