Author Topic: Auby Taylor of Krooked, Jake on  (Read 17576 times)

virginsiloveem

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -11
Re: Auby Taylor of Krooked, Jake on
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2014, 03:59:16 AM »
I was at the polar cons release party not too long ago and I got introduced to the cons TM and asked him if jake was getting on polar and he said cons doesn't want another polar dude on because Herrington is getting fully put on soon and cons wants jake to ride for a "bigger" brand

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2014, 06:25:07 AM »
Some "lost" JJ footage that Transworld just posted...

SomeWorries

« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2014, 09:46:41 AM »
Some "lost" JJ footage that Transworld just posted...

Lost is such funny name for it. As if anybody would just forget they're sitting on Jake Johnson footage. ^^Hope you're not lying about the Herrington deal, because that would be some real good news.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2014, 11:08:42 AM »
I was at the polar cons release party not too long ago and I got introduced to the cons TM and asked him if jake was getting on polar and he said cons doesn't want another polar dude on because Herrington is getting fully put on soon and cons wants jake to ride for a "bigger" brand

hyped for herrington but that logic of jake johnson riding for a bigger brand makes no sense.  Theres already two dudes on "smaller" brands on the site that are am and one that is pro and besides that polar is pretty popular theres boards at just about every shop besides zumiez.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 637
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2014, 11:27:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The stories I heard about Auby on kotr from a friend who was in the same van were insane.
I'm not surprised if he is off.
[close]

please share
[close]

Fastfreddy

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2014, 11:39:05 AM »
Auby taylor suffers from Aspergers Syndrome in his daily life. He is a strange dude because of that. I could see why people would be turned off if they didnt understand how to deal with someone with his disorder. 

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 799
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2014, 04:20:10 PM »
Auby taylor suffers from Aspergers Syndrome in his daily life. He is a strange dude because of that. I could see why people would be turned off if they didnt understand how to deal with someone with his disorder. 

That sucks if it's true. There's a pro surfer (Clay Marzo) that suffers from Aspergers and almost lost all his sponsors until Quik stepped up... pretty interesting stuff.

http://claymarzo.com/clay-aspergers-syndrome/

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2014, 11:12:49 PM »
If true, i feel like Krooked would of been the perfect brand for him with how off the walls Gonz is. I think he'd be a great fit for 3D or a revived Alien.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2014, 04:07:30 PM »
Is it me, or did the following shitty sequence of events just happen:
-Thrasher posted a tiny blurb in their "next month" section, which is clearly and intentionally PREDICTIONS, not news
-Some asshole made a thread in slap about it, converting the "obvious prediction" part into "confirmed in thrasher"
-Some dipshit at ridechannel decided to post it based on what slap wrote, because he is also a stupid asshole
-Auby Taylor thinks he's kicked off of krooked after hearing it from so many angles, despite never being told he was kicked off

The internet rumor mill has hit a shitty new low. Plenty of you should be ashamed of your confident stupidity right now.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

baby dick

• Rep: 7
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2014, 04:10:57 PM »
yeah around the dallas area the dude is a legend. he does suffer from aspergers and i've heard he's a little strange but isn't that what krooked is about? lame if this is all true, Auby's World is one of the craziest parts in recent memory.

J-Roc and the Roc Pile

• Rep: 3
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »
95% sure the Nyjah has Aspergers of some kind and he's doing pretty well for himself

shred42O

• Rep: -10
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »
-Thrasher posted a tiny blurb in their "next month" section, which is clearly and intentionally PREDICTIONS, not news
-Some asshole made a thread in slap about it, converting the "obvious prediction" part into "confirmed in thrasher"
-Some dipshit at ridechannel decided to post it based on what slap wrote, because he is also a stupid asshole
-Auby Taylor thinks he's kicked off of krooked after hearing it from so many angles, despite never being told he was kicked off

The internet rumor mill has hit a shitty new low. Plenty of you should be ashamed of your confident stupidity right now.

your wrong tho auby is and was fully aware that krooked had no intentions of doing more with him. I knew of this before any of this internet stuff came out

4wheels

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2014, 11:00:51 PM »

i got the fucking picture i originally posted from his instagram so...

SomeWorries

« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2014, 04:14:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That sucks if it's true. There's a pro surfer (Clay Marzo) that suffers from Aspergers and almost lost all his sponsors until Quik stepped up... pretty interesting stuff.

Ha! I read about that dude awhile back. His older [half-] brother is Cheyne Magnusson (T-Mag's son; for the youngin's that'd be the founder of Osiris).

Has the dude been tested/is he officially on the autism spectrum? I don't know much about him and this thread is the first I've heard this mentioned (well this and the one for his video part). Autism/Asperger's is much more common and known about these days, but there's also a ton of people who are claiming to be to excuse certain personality quirks or whatever. The lead singer of The Vines was diagnosed years ago which wound up explaining a lot of his past behavior, but some people are just looking for an excuse... If he is hopefully he gets hooked up with the right people and they can work with him and he keep killin' it.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
  • the moon rules
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2014, 06:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ha! I read about that dude awhile back. His older [half-] brother is Cheyne Magnusson (T-Mag's son; for the youngin's that'd be the founder of Osiris).

Has the dude been tested/is he officially on the autism spectrum? I don't know much about him and this thread is the first I've heard this mentioned (well this and the one for his video part). Autism/Asperger's is much more common and known about these days, but there's also a ton of people who are claiming to be to excuse certain personality quirks or whatever. The lead singer of The Vines was diagnosed years ago which wound up explaining a lot of his past behavior, but some people are just looking for an excuse... If he is hopefully he gets hooked up with the right people and they can work with him and he keep killin' it.
doctor certified
fuck you bama

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fucking autism spectrum assholes, always looking for a cop out.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2014, 09:08:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that bums me to hear.

i feel like polar could have gotten way more recognition if jake rode for them. think about it. they have no a-list american pros on their time.

this is actually extremely worrying to hear. a big company pulling string to make sure a smaller company doesnt have the chance to grow.

im scared.
relevant:
http://hobohogan.tumblr.com/post/102055523045

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 407
« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2014, 11:20:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i feel like having aspergers would help a person get on krooked though

My uncle has it and he is extremely hard to deal with. He is very friendly to me, but he cant stand my cpusins and some of his sisters. The guys is super super smart, butbhe just doesnt function socially...

In reaction to jake: Im glad to see him on a cool company, but i have lost all hope for a alien workshop ressurection...

ginger lightning

• Rep: -8
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2014, 03:25:23 PM »

doublesteveburger

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2014, 05:36:24 PM »
Can someone fill me in on what kind of personality traits someone has with Asperger's Syndrome that makes an individual so difficult to deal with? Is it just overstepping boundaries or not being aware of social cues? I'm sure someone like Auby is no more or less as difficult to deal with than Andy Roy or Lizard King.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aspergers

ur comment about auby and andy roy is hilarious, have you ever met either of them? do you have any idea what you are talking about?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

doublesteveburger

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2014, 06:31:56 PM »
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=aspergers

ur comment about auby and andy roy is hilarious, have you ever met either of them? do you have any idea what you are talking about?

ofcourse not!  :-*

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2014, 06:43:25 PM »
doublestevepergers

abudabi

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2014, 07:06:31 PM »
Can someone fill me in on what kind of personality traits someone has with Asperger's Syndrome that makes an individual so difficult to deal with? Is it just overstepping boundaries or not being aware of social cues? I'm sure someone like Auby is no more or less as difficult to deal with than Andy Roy or Lizard King.
i had a photography class with a kid who had aspergers
one day he yelled out "im a bisexual" out of the blue during the middle of a lesson
i dont really know how to describe it, he was just kinda crazy
but im pretty sure aspergers got officially changed to autism spectrum disorder or something because it applied to too wide of a group

vancanman

• Rep: 9
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2014, 09:20:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i had a photography class with a kid who had aspergers
one day he yelled out "im a bisexual" out of the blue during the middle of a lesson
i dont really know how to describe it, he was just kinda crazy
but im pretty sure aspergers got officially changed to autism spectrum disorder or something because it applied to too wide of a group

You are correct sir. My wife works with children with Autism. Asperger's Syndrome is no longer a diagnosis. Those individuals are now now identified as fitting in the Autism Spectrum. But as it pertains to this conversion, Asperger's is probably better because most people are more familiar with that term. It's a complex problem for both the company's and the people like Auby. Companies make money by selling an image and a "lifestyle." Any abnormal personality trait that makes it hard for your teammates to spend countless hours on tours will count against you. eg. Forest, Nick Merlino. Have you ever read an Interview or seen them referenced that wasn't based almost entirely on that they're dicks.  
That's obviously not fair to a person who has very limited, or almost no control over their demeanour. Good luck to him. Hope he finds a home somewhere good that part was amazing. I would have thought there wouldn't be a better fit than Krooked. The gonz is manic and they don't really seem to get together much or tour since the last video.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:36:48 AM by vancanman »

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2014, 11:57:14 PM »
Quote from: ginger lightning  link=topic=82641.msg2248243#msg2248243 date=1416957923
Confirmed via Thrasher

http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/skater-of-the-year-2014-contenders/

I see nothing of the sort

Phosphoresence

« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
Auby skating Expedition boards....?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2014, 06:45:27 PM »
I'm not trying to be an armchair psychologist and diagnose anybody with anything, but my experience is that its kind of like how Forrest comes off in OIAM. Granted, that may be editing and all sorts of stuff, but he seemed to miss A LOT of social cues, and managed to offend everybody around him without realizing it with his bluntness.  Again, I don't know what Forrest's brain chemistry is like, so I'm not claiming he has it......BUT if you are asking for some sort of illustrated example of the type of personality conflicts people with aspergers have, that's pretty similar.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »
If Auby is on Expedition, fucking round of applause for the Kayo corp

Dougiedunndidit

• Rep: -9
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2014, 03:48:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hyped for herrington but that logic of jake johnson riding for a bigger brand makes no sense.  Theres already two dudes on "smaller" brands on the site that are am and one that is pro and besides that polar is pretty popular theres boards at just about every shop besides zumiez.

This is disturbing for several reasons.

1) you believed the first statement.
2) you are backing a corporate manager dictating which board sponsors their riders choose.
3)logic is irrelevant
Dougiedunndidit.tumblr

Show & Prove