Author Topic: Best Pizza Toppings  (Read 5272 times)

Coastal Fever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Re: Best Pizza Toppings
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 06:28:56 AM »
Spanish Chorizo >>>>>> Pepperoni

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 07:26:44 AM »
Depends on the quality of the little salty bastards but anchovies, pineapple and double cheese was me and my pal's stoner special.

I'm usually just down with pepperoni, though.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2014, 07:41:19 AM »
JB, garlic butter instead of pizza sauce and you put mozzarella and feta on top? that sounds pretty crazy, did you come up with it or did you get that from somewhere?

and nallid those pan pizzas are disgusting, there is a ridiculous amount of butter and grease in those things.

i worked at a pizza place for almost 4 years when going to college and that pizza was one of our specialty items, so i didnt come up with it. you would think butter instead of sauce is gross, but you really only brush a light coating on the dough, you dont drown it. i could see how it would be too much for some, but this is pizza were talking about. its supposed to be greasy and artery clogging. if i want to eat healthy, ill eat a salad.

Depends on the quality of the little salty bastards but anchovies, pineapple and double cheese was me and my pal's stoner special.

theres a place on a few college campus's ive been to and they make what they call a stoner pie. its got pepperoni, bacon, mozzarella sticks, and french fries. i was visiting my buddys once and drunkingly ordered that because it sounded amazing. it cost like $25 or something ridiculous and was super disappointing because it was cold when it got there and the french fries were still frozen. ive made one at home and cooked the fries and cheese sticks before cooking them on the pizza and it was much better, but i could only handle one slice because it was so filling. it was something i wanted to try, but dont really have the desire to try it again.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
  • breathcakes
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 07:48:24 AM »
Pineapple on pizza is fucking garbage. Try rubbing it in your eye and see how you like it then, dickshits

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2014, 09:13:50 AM »
Pineapple on pizza is fucking garbage. Try rubbing it in your eye and see how you like it then, dickshits

Haha I usually agree with you but the salty and sweet combo of pineapple and anchovies won me over.

Sauce cheese olive oil and a few basil leaves is all I want, really.

abudabi

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2014, 09:22:56 AM »
werd JB, i worked for a few years at a pizza place too

lickcakes, why would i rub pineapple pizza on my eye? is that a good way to test a food? what foods have passed the eyeball test?

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2014, 11:58:46 AM »
I just hope that you guys never try to order the gross shit you posted in here in Italy.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1597
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2014, 01:18:12 PM »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2014, 01:56:07 PM »
Anyone dip their pizza in ranch dressing? Just so I know who to hate.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2014, 02:33:54 PM »
I recently got a bacon, feta and onion pizza that was super good. Everything complimented each other very well. I go for straight pepperoni a lot because I like the classics, but it's all about the crust flavoring. You can get everything flavored crust at my local place, which is garlic butter, parmesan, cajun, ranch and sesame, and it's so great.

Radbloke

• Rep: 75
  • Quit jivin me, turkey.
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »
There was a pub around the corner from where I lived in London that did great pizzas. The best was the duck pizza. It had an asian style sweet BBQ sauce with twice cooked bbq duck, spring onions and fresh cucumber sprinkled on there after it was cooked. They used to do 2 for 1 pizzas on sunday nights, I'd get 2 for myself.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2014, 03:25:31 PM »
Noone mentioned one of THE HEALTHIEST foods on Earth??

Sardines

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2014, 03:27:39 PM »
Anyone dip their pizza in ranch dressing? Just so I know who to hate.

My girlfriend does that shit and it's so gross. It's like dipping a steak in ketchup. You're just ruining it at that point.

What style pizza do you guys prefer? I don't think of pizza as a fancy sit down restaurant type of food, so I'm pretty happy with getting carry out chain pizza most of the time. My favorite is probably jets square pizza (not sure if that's a national chain). All good ingredients and it's nice and crispy, but thick and greasy too. There are a few local bars that make square pizzas that are on par with jets, but usually cost more.

I like thin pizza too, but not like cracker crust thin. This is the kind of pizza that the chains can't really touch, but the places that do it good are kinda hard to find. There's a party store by my parents that makes a giant one with the curly pepperoni and that's one of my favorites. There's also a pretty famous one in Detroit that's pretty awesome.

Chicago style is good once in a while. I only know of two places that do it good though.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »

Afghani beef, onions, and green peppers.
Mint chutney to top it off.
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 644
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2014, 05:01:50 AM »
Pesto chicken will always be my favorite. It's the best combination ever and I've got good memories eating it with friends. Zachary's deep dish mushroom and spinach stuff is a close second.

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2014, 07:40:16 AM »
Might just be an east coast thing but getting a ziti slice from a mob owned nj pizza shop can't be bested

looks like this

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »
The nothing pizza with left beef made me cry-laugh

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2014, 10:08:50 AM »
underrated topping:  sliced meatballs

when i worked at a pizza place i used to make myself a sliced meatball, jalape?o pizza (thin crust) with some oregano.  good shit
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2014, 11:07:24 AM »
Any place that makes their own sausage or gets it from a meat supplier thats worth a damn, then a Sausage mushroom and garlic can't be beat. Basil and prosciutto is an ideal combo as a well.

baroque_0bama

• Rep: 21
  • Feathers McGraw
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2014, 03:44:26 PM »
Had clam, fresh parsley, and garlic last night. Pretty dope.

Back in the day when I first started cooking I used to work for a pizza spot near my college. Wasn't long before I learned that proscuitto and dates (or figs) kill it. no red sauce though, just olive oil and fresh moz

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2014, 06:11:18 PM »
fuck fast food make your own from scratch and make a few extra crust and freeze them.

pizza hut is like fucking with plan b.

habenero, sauteed mushroom, green olive, procuitto, and jalepeno havarti takes the cake

Not living in North America I gotta resort to Pizza Hut or Papa  Johns when I crave pizza.. This is a personal favorite and I usually only order it when Im a lone since no ones too down with this combo ; pepperoni, jalapenos and pineapples.  I actually hate ordering pizza with other people since no ones usually ever down
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2014, 08:14:52 PM »
Gonna say I've worked at a pizza place for about 6 months. If you're going for meat, you should probably think again, its all processed shit with nitrates.

Anchovies and basil are the classic pizza topping, but noone orders it because it's full of salt and preservatives.

Far as cheese goes, mozzarella has no flavor in the first place, it doesn't really matter the quality.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2014, 08:41:30 PM »
underrated topping:  sliced meatballs

when i worked at a pizza place i used to make myself a sliced meatball, jalape?o pizza (thin crust) with some oregano.  good shit
Meatballs! Very underrated! Random pizza crust info. A old Italian joint in Toledo uses pie crust as crust. I always get a WELL DONE meatball pie.

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »
Either

Sausage + Black Olives + Onions

or

Pepperoni + Banana Peppers

AnimalChin

• Rep: -12
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2014, 11:03:47 PM »
craft macaroni and hotdogs.
scoop some mac n cheese on a slice and fold the slice around the hot dog like a bun. then dip it in ranch....
or tuna fish (with mayo) and hot cheetos is always a good choice.
dont drink chocolate milk with it though cuz youre stomach will hurt.

lickcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • breathcakes
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2014, 11:06:15 PM »
lickcakes, why would i rub pineapple pizza on my eye? is that a good way to test a food? what foods have passed the eyeball test?

all of them except your dumbass pineapples

dillanharp

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »
craft macaroni and hotdogs.
scoop some mac n cheese on a slice and fold the slice around the hot dog like a bun. then dip it in ranch....
or tuna fish (with mayo) and hot cheetos is always a good choice.
dont drink chocolate milk with it though cuz youre stomach will hurt.
Are you a Television pothead stereotype?

spool of cord

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • Welcome to another chapter of audio sodemy
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2014, 12:29:01 AM »
corn, chutney, and dates are things I read in this thread that I've never heard of on pizza. Interesting. .

a classic we used to do was eggplant and broccoli on white pizza. Sriracha loaded on top.

a buddy of mine has a special pie named after him at the local joint, its pesto, garlic and fried potatoes. pretty filling stuff

my favorite at the local take out might be pickles and hot sauce.

and I feel bad for anyone who is eating pizza from pizza hut or dominos. or any chain for that matter. jesus!

seen this guy downstate make a smore pizza...obviously no sauce and cheese. it didn't look half bad

oh and you can't beat a bruschetta pie!
sanch dont be mad because your wife used to clean my mansion

and................... your still a mark!!!!!