Author Topic: Antihero: Destination Unknown  (Read 21429 times)

sleepypancakes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Antihero: Destination Unknown
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2014, 09:44:31 PM »
Grosso still kills it, Grant destroys, Raney's a goddamn madman. Fuck.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2014, 10:01:19 PM »
I forgot how much I liked Peter Hewitt's style. That shared part was incredible. Everything was incredible.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2014, 12:03:13 AM »
full pipe section was amazing, as was the whole vid. street footage almost looked misplaced in this vid ...

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2014, 02:04:44 AM »
for me it was "ruby soho", thank god they didn't use it in the video though
you gotta give it up to antihero, they have NEVER jumped trends. just guys camping out, skating hard and being hessians.
loved seeing grosso in a crass shirt. i actually thought i saw quite a few julien tricks mixed in there ???

Yeah I thought the same thing first watch.  I realized after that I thought Grant Taylor's gap to noseblunt down the quarter pipe wave thing was Julian.  They do have kinda similar style which I don't think I ever noticed before I mistook Grant for Julian.

But like everyone is saying, amazing these guys can just drop a full length on youtube and it's better than everything else I've seen in the last two years.

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2014, 02:37:07 AM »
also... this green screened dude had me laughing.

That was Mike Archimedes

I didn't notice he was greenscreened my first few times watching, then laughed myself into fetal when I noticed
I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

plod

« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2014, 06:21:56 AM »
I've watched it about 10 times, perfection. The only thing that could make it better would be Dan Drehobl skating all those spots and parks with them

cancelled

• Rep: -26
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2014, 07:46:13 AM »
The clip where Hewitt has his hair slicked back,  does the artsy pivot thing was hi-larious.

Droopy McGrass

• Rep: -5
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2014, 07:55:27 AM »
i really would have liked to see footage of peabody's switch kickflip at the full pipe...wasn't that a relatively recent ant-hero ad?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2014, 01:29:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Anybody else hear 'How Bizarre' when they read the title?
[close]

for me it was "ruby soho", thank god they didn't use it in the video though
you gotta give it up to antihero, they have NEVER jumped trends. just guys camping out, skating hard and being hessians.
loved seeing grosso in a crass shirt. i actually thought i saw quite a few julien tricks mixed in there ???
Yeah, I got ruby soho too.
The clip where Hewitt has his hair slicked back,  does the artsy pivot thing was hi-larious.
Actually came back in this thread to point out that Hewitt deserves AT LEAST as much love as Gerwer does, especially since he rips harder and has FOREVER.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

shark tits

« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2014, 01:47:29 PM »
Expand Quote
also... this green screened dude had me laughing.

[close]

That was Mike Archimedes

I didn't notice he was greenscreened my first few times watching, then laughed myself into fetal when I noticed
i usedta not know who he is and wondered aloud 'who's that scary indian riding amtrak w/ the team?' cause i don't think he had any other footage on the old anti hero video. i miss the mystery, sometimes skating makes you cooler but in the case of a big scary indian on a skateboard trip i wish there was no explainable reason for him to be there.

Ron B

• Rep: 9
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2014, 11:14:21 PM »

ratherwatch

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2014, 04:33:45 AM »
Funny to watch all the 'skateparks r gay' street strugz brigade bumming the 'rawness' of this. Make up your minds girlz!

kookboi

• Rep: -12
« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2014, 08:24:08 AM »
this was definitely one of the best videos i've watched. That Wet Dreams video was so sick too. Stoked that both videos came out in the same week

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2014, 09:23:10 AM »
this video was fucking awesome. made me want to go explore for spots in random ass places fail at dropping in on mega transition and then go camp. the HD video really helped make all the scenic spots pop. it kept me going wtf through the whole video.

dan wolfe totally killed it. that loud screech from chris phanners looong 5050 was siiick. sound was perfect, all the songs were great. it starts off a bit weird but then it hits it groove reallly quickly.

this video gave me the same feeling as the supreme video but without all the pretentious horseshit. like some mix between cherry and a beauty and the beast tour. seems like they actually like skating and it isnt something getting in the way of becoming socialite trash. the way they organized parts was awesome, its mostly them but with bits of everyone else. less confusing than cherry.

that hill bomb was nuts! gerwer is still a beast, more than the hill bomb all the legit street tricks were sick just because it was unexpected. i like that it was included.

theres literally too much good stuff to comment on,  its large transition and good vibes.

also this screencap of julien at the end explains my feelings on andy roy better than I can:

i would buy this video in a heart beat. hands down best video of the year. I would say Cherry seemed intimidating but Destination Unknown made me genuinely psyched to go do something.

Q bert

• Rep: -13
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2014, 12:07:57 PM »
Two different type videos,i think young kids like Cherry and older cats will like DU.

Cherry has a unique editing style to it that i'd never seen before.

I think Fat Bill captured and showed me a whole new gang of kids that i'd never knew before (Sage,Aiden,Kevin,Nak,Tyshawn,Pablo)and that i happen to connect with more,as well as new footage of people i've been waiting to see(Dylan,Olson,even Paulo Diaz)

One video was filmed in the streets and one was filmed at 90% skate parks.(i like both,but very different)

Destination Unknown is an upgrade from the past Anti Hero videos.It's funny,I enjoy the video in a different way than Cherry,but formula wise,originality and video layout style it's nothing new and it doesn't compare to the Supreme video.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2014, 12:44:25 PM »
You feel a bigger connection to the cherry kids than the antihero crew? bwahahahahahahahahaha
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

FrenchFuck

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »
RAW

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
I love how they didn't hype this video up at all. With the plan b video being released just a few days earlier, this had to have been intentional that they released it right after, just to show those dudes what's up, hah.
That was such a rad watch. So many sick tricks; gerwers hill bomb and grossos 5050 to fakie were my favorites. It's been a while since I've bought an anti hero board, I just might have to pick one up after watching this.

Agreed also Phanner's kick flip off the bump near the beginning

nice_guy_2

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2014, 11:54:36 PM »
it was good but i dont like anything unless its made by strobeck, I keep it real

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2014, 02:57:21 AM »
Presented in glorious 720p60. I know TWS has done this for quite a while, time for others to follow.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2014, 04:39:15 AM »
this video was fucking awesome. made me want to go explore for spots in random ass places fail at dropping in on mega transition and then go camp. the HD video really helped make all the scenic spots pop. it kept me going wtf through the whole video.

dan wolfe totally killed it. that loud screech from chris phanners looong 5050 was siiick. sound was perfect, all the songs were great. it starts off a bit weird but then it hits it groove reallly quickly.

this video gave me the same feeling as the supreme video but without all the pretentious horseshit. like some mix between cherry and a beauty and the beast tour. seems like they actually like skating and it isnt something getting in the way of becoming socialite trash. the way they organized parts was awesome, its mostly them but with bits of everyone else. less confusing than cherry.

that hill bomb was nuts! gerwer is still a beast, more than the hill bomb all the legit street tricks were sick just because it was unexpected. i like that it was included.

theres literally too much good stuff to comment on,  its large transition and good vibes.

also this screencap of julien at the end explains my feelings on andy roy better than I can:

i would buy this video in a heart beat. hands down best video of the year. I would say Cherry seemed intimidating but Destination Unknown made me genuinely psyched to go do something.

i love how oyu thinnk anybody gives a fuck what yo uthink about anything

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2014, 07:27:00 AM »
Expand Quote

theres literally too much good stuff to comment on,  its large transition and good vibes.

[close]

^ what this dude said.

whoever got the frank screen grab leaving the dispensary, +uno
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2014, 07:36:05 AM »
i know it's nothing that hasn't been said already by just about everyone else on this board, but i really just want to preach to no one in particular about how god damn stoked i am on this video. there's a ton of good-to-great videos coming out nonstop with all sorts of crazy-talented skating, but shit like this really makes the difference. i tripped out at this just as hard as i did tent city back in the day, and after day after day after day of day of 8.5/10 webclips, it still only takes about 5 seconds of watching something like this to realize when the spark is there.

this shit is the fun vs. all the other "fun"

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
"JEFF, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2014, 12:05:29 PM »
Expand Quote

theres literally too much good stuff to comment on,  its large transition and good vibes.

[close]

ok, so what do you think about the video beer keg?

Winking Starfish

• Rep: 5
  • Big White Butt Crew Down To Clown
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2014, 05:03:38 PM »
"JEFF, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

Hahaha, Grosso's laugh is priceless. I still remember Speed Freaks.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2014, 05:29:44 PM »
the song from Repo Man in the intro was perfect. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2014, 08:18:42 PM »
So good. Needed pretty much more everybody. Especially Larry, Allen and T-Mo. And why no peabody? he had an ad in the last few months. One thing the video was missing was a good rap song ala odb and brotha lynch hung.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2014, 01:05:24 AM »
Just watched the Gerwer/Hewitt section again, perfect start for the day.
love Gang of Four too, and the fact that these guys look like they would be fun to hang out with, which I cant say for everybody on the team.......

by the way, I had "Ruby Soho" too. and why not use it? good music is good music, whether it's been on MTV or not.

shark tits

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2014, 01:13:06 AM »
gerwer's hillbomb to powerslide across the intersection to gerwer slide under the car had me stoked since i watched it last  wk. tonight it got me out to bomb the steeper of 2 hills i live on. i didn't just go straight down, there were some long slides but no feet on the ground and an exhilarating feeling. i don't know what france looks like but maybe you could get gnarlier on hills w/out reinjuring yourself?
i wanna get back to where i was in SF, bombing hills and powersliding after reaching high speeds as opposed to keeping myself from wobbling out mayhem.