Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 980051 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #2760 on: October 07, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »

Can't wait for this to arrive!

man yes, I just recently bought it too (also from Palomino), haven't watched it yet though. I'm waiting for the appropriate moment because I know it's going to be good

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #2761 on: October 09, 2018, 07:49:18 AM »

finally found these in the states. stoked to try them out.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #2762 on: October 09, 2018, 11:13:48 AM »
New local company, BonGrip.
Picked up a sheet last night.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2763 on: October 09, 2018, 11:24:50 AM »

finally found these in the states. stoked to try them out.

Post your opinion on em, as another Merican, I知 curious about them.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #2764 on: October 09, 2018, 04:17:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

man yes, I just recently bought it too (also from Palomino), haven't watched it yet though. I'm waiting for the appropriate moment because I know it's going to be good

fergus, did you get to watch it yet? I just did today, it's pretty mind blowing. I won't spoil much but it's pure Toriotoko style, just drawn out as a full-length. plenty of fucked up shit. I was confused by the guy's camera settings though, looks like he pushes the saturation to the limit on the VX and it results in a lot of glowing colors, makes for an interesting lo-fi style (which is clearly the aesthetic he's going for) but it was a bit hard to get into at times. The black and white shit looks amazing though.

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #2765 on: October 09, 2018, 06:33:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

fergus, did you get to watch it yet? I just did today, it's pretty mind blowing. I won't spoil much but it's pure Toriotoko style, just drawn out as a full-length. plenty of fucked up shit. I was confused by the guy's camera settings though, looks like he pushes the saturation to the limit on the VX and it results in a lot of glowing colors, makes for an interesting lo-fi style (which is clearly the aesthetic he's going for) but it was a bit hard to get into at times. The black and white shit looks amazing though.

Been watching regularly since I bought it! I'll agree with you on the camera settings, some shots look perfect and others have that lo-fi grainy look you are talking about. My guess is he wanted to highlight how bright and lively Tokyo as a city is? Honestly, I would've liked to have seen it in all black and white and edited in the same style as 「 In Relationen 」
Still waiting for the day he re-ups his old edits.

jackduluoz

« Reply #2766 on: October 11, 2018, 11:15:11 AM »

wallhanger

and

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #2767 on: October 11, 2018, 12:10:33 PM »
Got another pair of the all white Reynolds g6, one of my favorite shoes, and a pair of Lakai griffin xlk from the daddies sale

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #2768 on: October 11, 2018, 12:23:10 PM »
cruiser set up

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2769 on: October 11, 2018, 06:43:19 PM »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #2770 on: October 12, 2018, 08:23:49 AM »
got some states from zumiez super clearance

can't not go for a $10 suede shoe

hmmmokay

« Reply #2771 on: October 12, 2018, 05:57:42 PM »

For those who wanted dimensions on my impulse buy from last week;

Width: 8.4in
Wheelbase: a solid 14.5in (fwiw I知 riding ace 44s and it feels incredible with this wb)
Length: 32.25in
Concave is on the mellower side, which I知 usually not into but it痴 not too bad.

First skate today and (to preface I could afford to lose a few lbs) it felt a little flimsy, but after getting used to it as I mentioned the wheelbase is a plus and I知 just stoked in general to support Roger so definitely a purchase I知 happy with.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:11:20 PM by hmmmokay »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2772 on: October 13, 2018, 04:30:08 AM »
- alien workshop spectrum deck 7.87
- reynolds 129 independent hollows, they weigh nothing
- venture 5.0
- spitire 52 mm big heads (got 4 packages for free from spitire though...)
- bones red bearings (cheap and they last forever, even with the shields popped)
- note self: always keep buying aluminum colored trucks. Always.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #2773 on: October 13, 2018, 06:22:57 AM »

Wheelbase: a solid 14.5in (fwiw I知 riding ace 44s and it feels incredible with this wb)

First skate today and (to preface I could afford to lose a few lbs) it felt a little flimsy, but after getting used to it as I mentioned the wheelbase is a plus and I知 just stoked in general to support Roger so definitely a purchase I知 happy with.

Thanks dude, I really want to grab a roger this run but a 14.5 wheelbase might be too wild of a jump considering I have a 14 wheelbase currently

hmmmokay

« Reply #2774 on: October 13, 2018, 10:34:45 AM »
Thanks dude, I really want to grab a roger this run but a 14.5 wheelbase might be too wild of a jump considering I have a 14 wheelbase currently

no problem! I was coming off of a 14.25 so the change is noticeable but welcomed. I could imagine from 14 - 14.5 would be a little jarring.

CINCINNATI

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #2775 on: October 13, 2018, 04:44:12 PM »

first cupsole in a while, hopefully my feet won't hurt anymore

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #2776 on: October 15, 2018, 01:28:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Been watching regularly since I bought it! I'll agree with you on the camera settings, some shots look perfect and others have that lo-fi grainy look you are talking about. My guess is he wanted to highlight how bright and lively Tokyo as a city is? Honestly, I would've liked to have seen it in all black and white and edited in the same style as 「 In Relationen 」

How come I have missed this on! Toriotoko is one of the best coming from Japan! I have always liked his aesthetic and filming style. Is there any trailers or snippets online? PM maybe?

fergus

• Rep: 46
« Reply #2777 on: October 16, 2018, 05:14:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

How come I have missed this on! Toriotoko is one of the best coming from Japan! I have always liked his aesthetic and filming style. Is there any trailers or snippets online? PM maybe?

Yesssss! Gets hard to watch other skate videos after buying Toriotoko. Sorry, I haven't seen any trailers out there. In my opinion 「 In Relationen 」acts as a trailer for the full length, same filming style, same location, same group of skaters just expect a little more color!
Maybe silhouette could chime in with his thoughts? He's much more eloquent than me haha.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #2778 on: October 16, 2018, 06:02:50 AM »
Ordered a mini logo blank because it was so cheap. Im expecting average quality... Anyone have any experience with them? Decent?

Good boards. 8,5 is a little too long for my taste, but other than that, nothing wrong with them.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #2779 on: October 16, 2018, 10:44:12 AM »

I'm working on a thing
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2780 on: October 18, 2018, 12:35:42 PM »

So hyped Roger is back. What wood is that? Still PS?

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #2781 on: October 18, 2018, 01:30:06 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/mRTxY31

AWS AVE 8
Venture 5.0 Low
Black Panther Ceramics
Habitat? Janoski 52

Adidas suciu
Dc mike mo
Vans Mid skool Pro

Was looking for a deck and found the complete for mad cheap, the guy sold it as a "skateboard ventura"

Shoes don't need no more but vans outlet are crazy sometimes, like $15 for the vans pro cause they miss one insole. DC Mo are some of the best shoes i have tried. Sucius feel mad comfy, will give a try when i'm done with the others.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #2782 on: October 19, 2018, 12:36:25 PM »
New Fall gear.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2783 on: October 19, 2018, 12:57:30 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/mRTxY31

AWS AVE 8
Venture 5.0 Low
Black Panther Ceramics
Habitat? Janoski 52

Adidas suciu
Dc mike mo
Vans Mid skool Pro

Was looking for a deck and found the complete for mad cheap, the guy sold it as a "skateboard ventura"

Shoes don't need no more but vans outlet are crazy sometimes, like $15 for the vans pro cause they miss one insole. DC Mo are some of the best shoes i have tried. Sucius feel mad comfy, will give a try when i'm done with the others.

DC Mos are legit, I miss them. I'd still buy'em if they made them; can't find 10s anywhere, even in ugly colorways; I never saw the mids even hit retailers.

Tiago's shoe has a simliar toebox.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #2784 on: October 22, 2018, 10:16:49 AM »
Crailtap mystery box came out exactly as expect

CK girl 8.25
Chocolate chico 8.75
Chocolate Shirt Orange
Embroidered Girl Shirt Mint
Chocolate hat
4star deck of cards

not bad for 85$, griptape would have been amazing. Crail put out CK decks up to the last minute, Good on them for looking out, I guess. That hat feels cheap AF I feel bad for whoever paid 24-30$ for it. The shirts are thick, which is interesting. Like twice the weight of a regular shirt, but still soft, not stiff. I gotta take em out for a spend and see how they wear
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:31:21 AM by TwisT »

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #2785 on: October 23, 2018, 10:45:48 PM »
Just ordered these. First Emerica I've had in years. Love the sockliner, the thinness, that they are cup and I'm curious about that Formula G sole. You know, to see if its legit or marketing mumbo jumbo. OH and the color is A+

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #2786 on: October 24, 2018, 04:04:28 AM »

BarbaraStreisand

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2787 on: October 24, 2018, 06:04:11 AM »

I've been skating these in white and they are pretty good.

Nothing fancy about the design (who cares?) but they skate good and the materials are ok.
brbraaah.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #2788 on: October 24, 2018, 06:24:03 AM »
」25 on sale  cant go wrong  :D

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #2789 on: October 24, 2018, 11:23:30 PM »
Just ordered these. First Emerica I've had in years. Love the sockliner, the thinness, that they are cup and I'm curious about that Formula G sole. You know, to see if its legit or marketing mumbo jumbo. OH and the color is A+

I just bought a set of these from some surf shop sale, hoping I like these as much as the romeros