Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 606527 times)

Kcmontie, KushBush, BoxStuffer and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 420
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5310 on: September 15, 2020, 06:14:47 PM »
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

Hombreezy

• Rep: -38
  • fvck toy machine
« Reply #5311 on: September 15, 2020, 06:31:17 PM »
If you feel the urge to write some long, boring, self-congratulatory essay on here maybe just go jerk off instead.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 133
  • Spreading the shredding, sharing the Shalom.
« Reply #5312 on: September 15, 2020, 08:27:42 PM »
Just ordered a deck & pair of Dickies from 35th Ave.
I have three 8.75" w/ 14.5" decks on ice, but I've seen so few on my size recently that I snagged another shape, in case the COVIDs keep the supply scarce for longer than I expect.
My 2nd purchase of Scram, but I haven't even set up the 1st one yet, so I have know idea how the wood is.
Anybody here put in any time rolling around on of one of them? Thoughts?
Doesn't matter much, it's bought & paid for, so I reckon I'll ride it even if it's garbage wood.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5313 on: September 15, 2020, 09:25:25 PM »
Just got a deck from Taobao (China's Amazon) to try out. It was $30 to see just how shit it would be and it's arriving in 2 weeks.

What is amazing is the promotions they are running with the board sales:
Buy 5 boards - they send you an 8ft flatbar
Buy 10 boards - they send you a kicker ramp
Buy 15 boards - they send you a wooden ledge

Would have gone with the 5 boards but I stay in a tiny apartment with zero storage space.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

moneymoneymoney

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5314 on: September 15, 2020, 10:51:34 PM »
Just got a deck from Taobao (China's Amazon) to try out. It was $30 to see just how shit it would be and it's arriving in 2 weeks.

Would have gone with the 5 boards but I stay in a tiny apartment with zero storage space.

....no space for 5 decks and a flatbar.... do you live in a coffin? any info on the dimensions? shape? concave? top AND bottom ply color?.........also how many boards can you ollie?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5315 on: September 15, 2020, 11:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

....no space for 5 decks and a flatbar.... do you live in a coffin? any info on the dimensions? shape? concave? top AND bottom ply color?.........also how many boards can you ollie?

610 sqft apartment in Asia, I got space for the boards but no space for the flatbar, so yeah almost a coffin. Standard BBS dimensions, not sure on the concave etc yet, hence the 1 sample piece.

moneymoneymoney

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5316 on: September 15, 2020, 11:22:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

610 sqft apartment in Asia, I got space for the boards but no space for the flatbar, so yeah almost a coffin. Standard BBS dimensions, not sure on the concave etc yet, hence the 1 sample piece.
oh snap, im sorry for prying but whereabouts in asia, doe? is that where you are originally from?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5317 on: September 16, 2020, 12:13:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
oh snap, im sorry for prying but whereabouts in asia, doe? is that where you are originally from?

Singapore, been here my entire life! Not as bad as Hong Kong though, their apartments are really shoeboxes.

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5318 on: September 16, 2020, 06:52:30 AM »
another 8.5 Baker red black and white logo deck with shake junt grip.
Mellow concave for fuckin life

graypubes

• Rep: -19
« Reply #5319 on: September 16, 2020, 07:51:51 AM »
Seems like every mid top cupsole is sold out so its finally time for proper cinex. With code slapnerd they were 58 shipped. Would have tried them a long time ago but I usually don't like white shoes.

passtheish

• Rep: 6
« Reply #5320 on: September 16, 2020, 11:06:45 AM »

finally

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 12
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #5321 on: September 16, 2020, 12:07:53 PM »
Managed to break my arm last month slash grinding a curb of all things; still got a couple more weeks until I can get back on the board, but I've got my celebratory almost-christmas complete ready for my return.

Polar '92 Bethlehem
NFG 56mm Vs from the factory second sale
Big balls
Rib bones
1/8" lucky risers
Thunder 1" all hardware with green indicators

For the truck sommeliers curious about the '92, the board is 8.25" over the back truck and 8.75" over the front truck

Hyliannightmare

• Rep: -80
« Reply #5322 on: September 16, 2020, 12:30:07 PM »

8 foot flatbar is a crazy deal. Hope you can treat yourself eventually

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #5323 on: September 16, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »

kinda bummed on this

had to do an "order online/pickup in person" from my local.  i have a weird pet peeve where i hate when boards are screened on plain white wood.  i need a nice looking wood grain, or paint over colored wood.  so it looked like red wood grain in the pic, but when i picked it up is that shitty heat transfer over white wood, and the wood feels really light like a price point.  first Tum Yeto board in about 20 years, and might be the last one for a while. 

tldr: i got catfished by covid

Banned from the room

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
    • Aural Buthcheryers
« Reply #5324 on: September 16, 2020, 01:42:15 PM »
That was fast

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #5325 on: September 16, 2020, 01:51:51 PM »
That was fast

new wheels are the besttt those loopholes the classic shape? damn that white leather looks really nice on the cons

white guy in a durag

« Reply #5326 on: September 16, 2020, 01:57:49 PM »
Those one stars are gorgeous.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #5327 on: September 16, 2020, 02:16:42 PM »

kinda bummed on this

had to do an "order online/pickup in person" from my local.  i have a weird pet peeve where i hate when boards are screened on plain white wood.  i need a nice looking wood grain, or paint over colored wood.  so it looked like red wood grain in the pic, but when i picked it up is that shitty heat transfer over white wood, and the wood feels really light like a price point.  first Tum Yeto board in about 20 years, and might be the last one for a while. 

Where ya at? Iíve heard TM boards outside US are some chinese shitty wood these days.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #5328 on: September 16, 2020, 02:32:02 PM »
Expand Quote

kinda bummed on this

[close]
Where ya at? Iíve heard TM boards outside US are some chinese shitty wood these days.

Yea Iíve read and heard that elsewhere as well. Iíve never had any problems with them in the past. In fact I like em a lot.

I know they do have cheaper price points, but thought they were only on their completes you can buy.

Maybe they switch all team decks to something else, with pro models and special runs the good stuff.

Or Covid fucked the supply and they took what they could get? Does that even happen?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #5329 on: September 16, 2020, 06:38:38 PM »
Ordered a new deck and when it arrived the box was retaped and the deck was missing... grip was still in there though. Grabbed a baker from the local since I think this is the last week I will have with my current deck.

off

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 99
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #5330 on: September 16, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
another 8.5 fa/hockey shape, looks like its gonna be my go to until future notice.

Managed to break my arm last month slash grinding a curb of all things; still got a couple more weeks until I can get back on the board, but I've got my celebratory almost-christmas complete ready for my return.

Polar '92 Bethlehem
Big balls
Rib bones
1/8" lucky risers

For the truck sommeliers curious about the '92, the board is 8.25" over the back truck and 8.75" over the front truck
how are you liking it? i see mixed reviews for that shape on slap but it cant escape my "to try" list

white guy in a durag

« Reply #5331 on: September 16, 2020, 07:25:54 PM »
another 8.5 fa/hockey shape, looks like its gonna be my go to until future notice.

Expand Quote

Polar '92 Bethlehem
Big balls
Rib bones
1/8" lucky risers

[close]
how are you liking it? i see mixed reviews for that shape on slap but it cant escape my "to try" list
Havent set it up yet, I got about 3 more weeks before my arm is healed up enough to skate again, but just doing carpet tricks it feels great. Concave is very mellow but the kicks are still nice and steep. Comparing it to the Hockey 8.5 I was riding, I really appreciate the slightly longer tail and the extra standing room up front. I'll update you when I actually get a chance to ride it.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5332 on: September 16, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »
Ordered a new deck and when it arrived the box was retaped and the deck was missing... grip was still in there though. Grabbed a baker from the local since I think this is the last week I will have with my current deck.

Fucking lame, hope you still managed to get a replacement.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #5333 on: September 16, 2020, 07:41:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fucking lame, hope you still managed to get a replacement.
Unfortunately it was from visit which has 0 decks in an 8Ē but itís all good. Just got real comfortable on that shape and Iím hoping this baker ends up being lose enough

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5334 on: September 16, 2020, 09:10:03 PM »
Down here in Chile, like pretty much any other place, to find F4 is almost impossible. I found some 54mm conical fulls 99 mash ups... 2 yellow and 2 blue, I guess it could be worse and at least on photo they don't look that bad
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 04:52:49 AM by moonordie »

sadnocomply

• Rep: 32
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5335 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:49 PM »
Vans x Quasi Crockett high white/blue

Swiss 6

Quasi Gilly blue acid ply 8.25

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5336 on: September 18, 2020, 04:54:06 AM »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #5337 on: September 18, 2020, 05:56:22 AM »
those are for sale already??

fat philly skater

• Rep: -3
« Reply #5338 on: September 18, 2020, 07:11:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they are on parade world

sadnocomply

• Rep: 32
« Reply #5339 on: September 18, 2020, 08:16:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yessir shoutout no comply atx