Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969944 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5400 on: September 30, 2020, 07:48:52 PM »
Etnies veer slip on cup
Gnar hunters long sleeve

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #5401 on: September 30, 2020, 08:27:56 PM »
Sci-Fi x Vans Old Skool
Vans Rowley rapid weld (risked it on half a size smaller)
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #5402 on: September 30, 2020, 09:32:59 PM »
Not skate, but I just got an Ebbets Field Flannels hat and goddamn this thing feels good on my head. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #5403 on: September 30, 2020, 11:12:20 PM »
Just ordered a navy blue S-HORTY-S hoodie. Had 3 of those back in like 98-01, it is embarrassing how excited I am to have one again. (Well when it shows up)
haha that's sick @ok boomer. dude in my school had one of these s-horty-s hoodies and also wore it pretty much all the time, which then lead to him getting nicknamed HORTY. i think it still sticks to this day. dude's nicknamed after a fucking shorty's hoodie. that's dope if you ask me.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5404 on: October 01, 2020, 09:09:07 AM »

Graphics be damned! I've been trying to snatch up as many P2 decks as I can since they went out of production and I've loved the 2 I've ridden. Zero and Louie Lopez are from @Mongoloid, dude is a solid gold mate. @Sundaynuggets game through with The Sloth Report deck, I went in buying trucks but knew I had to get one of his boards. I have not trained BJJ but I have done Muay Thai for a few years and follow MMA extensively. This one was a great find.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #5405 on: October 01, 2020, 11:05:39 AM »
Just ordered a navy blue S-HORTY-S hoodie. Had 3 of those back in like 98-01, it is embarrassing how excited I am to have one again. (Well when it shows up)
I need one, where did you find it? I always wore one back in the day because my nickname is Horty. This is a must purchase item.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #5406 on: October 01, 2020, 01:14:39 PM »
These look even better in person

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #5407 on: October 01, 2020, 01:21:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
haha that's sick @ok boomer. dude in my school had one of these s-horty-s hoodies and also wore it pretty much all the time, which then lead to him getting nicknamed HORTY. i think it still sticks to this day. dude's nicknamed after a fucking shorty's hoodie. that's dope if you ask me.
@somethingmustbreaknow I just read this after posting..at first glance I thought is he talking about me? But I had the nickname because of my last name long before the company/shirt came out. Just irony in my case.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5408 on: October 01, 2020, 01:26:14 PM »
These look even better in person

Daaaaammmnnnnnn
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #5409 on: October 01, 2020, 01:47:23 PM »

Graphics be damned! I've been trying to snatch up as many P2 decks as I can since they went out of production and I've loved the 2 I've ridden. Zero and Louie Lopez are from @Mongoloid, dude is a solid gold mate. @Sundaynuggets game through with The Sloth Report deck, I went in buying trucks but knew I had to get one of his boards. I have not trained BJJ but I have done Muay Thai for a few years and follow MMA extensively. This one was a great find.

I love this so much dude! keep hoarding those P2s!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5410 on: October 01, 2020, 03:41:07 PM »

50% sale? Yes and thank you.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5411 on: October 01, 2020, 06:03:11 PM »

50% sale? Yes and thank you.
damnit wanted those over the red pair that was also 50% but never had my size.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5412 on: October 01, 2020, 06:44:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've managed to find a small batch in a shop in China. Problem is they are small at 7.875. I think I could handle the reduced with but I'm not sure about the length and WB, if its 31.6 - 31.75 I could deal with it. But I know some 7.75s that are 31.3 which is microscopic.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

MxsDx

• Rep: 90
« Reply #5413 on: October 01, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've managed to find a small batch in a shop in China. Problem is they are small at 7.875. I think I could handle the reduced with but I'm not sure about the length and WB, if its 31.6 - 31.75 I could deal with it. But I know some 7.75s that are 31.3 which is microscopic.

Aren’t P2s the same as a Dwindle impact deck?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5414 on: October 01, 2020, 07:12:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was thinking the same thing the other day, the P2 looks like it has a little more carbon fiber in it:

But what would I know. DSM decks definitely sound different, almost plastic and rattly. Haven't ridden anything other than a shitty price point board so I'd give the Impact decks another go.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

MxsDx

• Rep: 90
« Reply #5415 on: October 01, 2020, 09:01:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was thinking the same thing the other day, the P2 looks like it has a little more carbon fiber in it:

But what would I know. DSM decks definitely sound different, almost plastic and rattly. Haven't ridden anything other than a shitty price point board so I'd give the Impact decks another go.

Yeah, but far more fun to hunt down the discontinued P2s!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5416 on: October 01, 2020, 11:17:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Not to mention more expensive, don't want to be stuck with dimensions I can't at least skate. I've gotten screwed over twice by Skate America / Action Village. Got sent a P2 Cruiser and a regular Santa Cruz deck instead of the P2 deck.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #5417 on: October 02, 2020, 10:50:40 AM »
Bought a hollow Thunder kingpin (just in case), a sheet of Mob to replace some garbage grip that came with my deck, and a new set of wristguards...old ones smell like ass and are falling apart. Oh and an AWS 8.25. Blew all my fun money for the month already.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #5418 on: October 02, 2020, 03:23:22 PM »
State Pacificas, only two sessions in and im impressed. broke in super easy and feel great with little wear so far, even with new grip. looking forward to skating them more as they get more broken in but have to say im a state fan now

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5419 on: October 02, 2020, 07:23:23 PM »
5boro shredmaster keith shape
8.75/31.75/13.75 wb

cracked my FA 8.5 by the bolts yesterday and needed something asap. never appened pre-pandemic so either the wood quality has went down or im just a fatass

shape looked interesting in the shop but the dimensions seem like something id hate. hoping for the best with this one. send positive vibes
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5420 on: October 03, 2020, 09:44:33 AM »
Always wanted this one
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #5421 on: October 06, 2020, 08:19:50 PM »

8.25 x 32 WB: 14.38
spitfire 52mm

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #5422 on: October 06, 2020, 09:26:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Not to mention more expensive, don't want to be stuck with dimensions I can't at least skate. I've gotten screwed over twice by Skate America / Action Village. Got sent a P2 Cruiser and a regular Santa Cruz deck instead of the P2 deck.

The impacts (as noted above) are a thinner strip (they stopped making the 8 ply full top layer boards) than the P2s carbon fiber insert width, the impacts are also heavier than standard decks, 'Impact light' only refers to it being lighter than the full impact board I mentioned; they are heavier than the P2s.

When they were made, that's all I rode and If they still made P2s it's all I'd ride...

This being my fav:

Flights are flexi in comparison, so far tho, the VX I'm skating is feeling very P2: light, stiff and poppy.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5423 on: October 06, 2020, 11:26:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The impacts (as noted above) are a thinner strip (they stopped making the 8 ply full top layer boards) than the P2s carbon fiber insert width, the impacts are also heavier than standard decks, 'Impact light' only refers to it being lighter than the full impact board I mentioned; they are heavier than the P2s.

When they were made, that's all I rode and If they still made P2s it's all I'd ride...

This being my fav:

Flights are flexi in comparison, so far tho, the VX I'm skating is feeling very P2: light, stiff and poppy.

I'm around 8-10 session in on my Santa Cruz P2 and it's hold up really well. Nose and tail are getting a little mushed and the tail is starting to razor but the pop is still there. I've landed a few sketchy 360 flips with my feet over the center and the deck held up just fine. I'm finally used to the steepness for regular straight tricks (kickflips, ledge tricks) but I'm still not used it for 360 flips or FS Flips. I'll check the VX out in store, $75 is really steep for the deck, I end up paying close to 50% more after shipping and taxes.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #5424 on: October 07, 2020, 02:56:52 AM »
I got another Polar P2. First time I’ve ever bought the same deck twice, I like it that much.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #5425 on: October 07, 2020, 03:02:28 AM »
I got another Polar P2. First time I’ve ever bought the same deck twice, I like it that much.

Awesome. I have one on deck. Going to set it up after I ride this 8.5 Herrington polar I'm sitting on.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #5426 on: October 07, 2020, 03:28:37 AM »
The Holy Trinity
149 Thunder Team Hollow
54mm Spitfire Conical Fulls
97du Deluxe Supercush

Proper fuckin’ engine right there. Supercush that cherry on the top.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5427 on: October 07, 2020, 01:13:51 PM »

Styling
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5428 on: October 07, 2020, 02:49:59 PM »

Styling
deck is sick. Only made up to 8.5” it seems from site. Orchard moved into new spot yet? Man been too long since I’ve been around Allston

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5429 on: October 07, 2020, 03:51:25 PM »
Expand Quote

Styling
[close]
deck is sick. Only made up to 8.5” it seems from site. Orchard moved into new spot yet? Man been too long since I’ve been around Allston

Not sure what's going on. I miss it badly.

I definitely got to get into the city soon. My sister has a place by the old shop. I haven't seen her in months.

This covid shit has me STD. shook ta Death of public transportation.

I should get a booster board. Then I'd be safe from the apocalypse
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)