Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 979693 times)

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5430 on: October 07, 2020, 06:46:44 PM »
Heavy mail day

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5431 on: October 07, 2020, 07:18:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just ordered a navy blue S-HORTY-S hoodie. Had 3 of those back in like 98-01, it is embarrassing how excited I am to have one again. (Well when it shows up)
[close]
haha that's sick @ok boomer. dude in my school had one of these s-horty-s hoodies and also wore it pretty much all the time, which then lead to him getting nicknamed HORTY. i think it still sticks to this day. dude's nicknamed after a fucking shorty's hoodie. that's dope if you ask me.
[close]
@somethingmustbreaknow I just read this after posting..at first glance I thought is he talking about me? But I had the nickname because of my last name long before the company/shirt came out. Just irony in my case.

I used the name "horty" on some online chat program back then also. I think in 1999. Made me laugh when people would be like "hi horty". Seriously love that logo, its ridiculous

JANUS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 585
« Reply #5432 on: October 07, 2020, 07:33:03 PM »
I was the horty at my high school. I still have the t-shirt, somehow.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5433 on: October 07, 2020, 08:13:08 PM »

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #5434 on: October 08, 2020, 02:40:14 AM »
Mine was originally Horny Ho---- as my nickname, but a kid almost got in trouble for saying that so he said " I called him Horty Ho----" and it stuck.
Nice to meet all you other "Horty's".  ;D

*edit: plethora of grammatical errors
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 03:55:29 AM by Seventyfrigginseven »

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5435 on: October 08, 2020, 06:32:21 AM »

Can't wait for the price to drop to get them again.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #5436 on: October 08, 2020, 10:01:55 AM »
I was feeling a little smug about having not bitten on the Norstrom Rack Converse sale, but I ended up going there to buy socks and underwear today and came about with a pair each of clearance Jack Purcells and One Star Pros. Been skating some CTAS pros lately and loving them so I am looking forward to trying these.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #5437 on: October 09, 2020, 11:59:10 AM »
Bought some Polar Big Boy pants. I've always rocked baggy Carhartt jeans so I'm interested to see how they compare.
Also bought a new magenta 8.25 cause I snapped my girl deck and the new Nike Sb air trainer 1's because I'm mad that I missed the Polar collaboration last year.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #5438 on: October 09, 2020, 07:26:25 PM »

Graphics be damned! I've been trying to snatch up as many P2 decks as I can since they went out of production and I've loved the 2 I've ridden. Zero and Louie Lopez are from @Mongoloid, dude is a solid gold mate. @Sundaynuggets game through with The Sloth Report deck, I went in buying trucks but knew I had to get one of his boards. I have not trained BJJ but I have done Muay Thai for a few years and follow MMA extensively. This one was a great find.

Thanks so much man!

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5439 on: October 09, 2020, 10:29:22 PM »
Heavy mail day

saying that I’m jealous is an understatement. These fucking bloards sold out in minutes and they haven’t been restocked yet

I hope these are actually worth it. My ACE lows broke in and got super loose fairly quickly, but all of my friends highs seem to stay tight. I’m soon switching to the highs to give them a shot
fuck you bama

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5440 on: October 10, 2020, 12:02:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Heavy mail day

[close]
saying that I’m jealous is an understatement. These fucking bloards sold out in minutes and they haven’t been restocked yet

I hope these are actually worth it. My ACE lows broke in and got super loose fairly quickly, but all of my friends highs seem to stay tight. I’m soon switching to the highs to give them a shot
Sorry to pry, but was that $33 for 2 pivot cup sets....?
Super Champion Fun Zone

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5441 on: October 10, 2020, 12:40:18 AM »
Yes. They’re $14 a pair and everyone here swears by them. If it stops my baseplates from oblonging/ovaling out and allow my trucks to feel right then it’s worth it. Grabbed the second pair in case I still manage to blow out one of the pivot cups. Worst case scenario I’ll have the others for a later pair of trucks
fuck you bama

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5442 on: October 11, 2020, 10:04:11 AM »
I was hoping to not double post, but looks like no one else got anything from their local shop yesterday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These are the first two pairs of loose fitting pants that I’ve ever bought in my adult life
fuck you bama

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5443 on: October 11, 2020, 10:12:06 AM »
Heavy mail day

amazing. i really hope that they continue to make those for a while. found it really odd that they don’t make an 8.25, i would skate that board for the rest of my days if it were easily accessible.

chappers

« Reply #5444 on: October 11, 2020, 12:40:27 PM »
I was hoping to not double post, but looks like no one else got anything from their local shop yesterday ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These are the first two pairs of loose fitting pants that I’ve ever bought in my adult life

let us know if the vans chinos are as incredible as everyone says

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1592
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #5445 on: October 11, 2020, 04:29:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Heavy mail day

[close]

amazing. i really hope that they continue to make those for a while. found it really odd that they don’t make an 8.25, i would skate that board for the rest of my days if it were easily accessible.

I've been doing an insta detox and was so mad that I missed out on the re-release.  Muska said that there should be another batch next week sometime. I think he might rejoin shortys? I don't think he is doing anymore of the Mu$ka silhouette boards.

Would be a pretty smart move, they can basically print money.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5446 on: October 11, 2020, 10:36:05 PM »
Yes. They’re $14 a pair and everyone here swears by them. If it stops my baseplates from oblonging/ovaling out and allow my trucks to feel right then it’s worth it. Grabbed the second pair in case I still manage to blow out one of the pivot cups. Worst case scenario I’ll have the others for a later pair of trucks
I guess I don't know how much pivot cups go for $ because that seemed super expensive haha! But if they work well, then it's money well spent, so I'm not knocking ya for buying.  Lol
Super Champion Fun Zone

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5447 on: October 12, 2020, 06:24:00 AM »
Ordered a Krooked Cromer Lil Snuff football shape. I will mention this repeatedly, but 1992-1993 is my favorite era of skateboarding shapes. (Favorite era would probably be 1989-1993 total). Wonder how skinny this is going to be at the trucks. Shape looks fun though.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #5448 on: October 12, 2020, 08:27:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I guess I don't know how much pivot cups go for $ because that seemed super expensive haha! But if they work well, then it's money well spent, so I'm not knocking ya for buying.  Lol
Yes for pivot cups it is super expensive but in the grand scheme of things, 14 bucks over the life of a pair or pairs of trucks is nothing for the improvement

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #5449 on: October 12, 2020, 10:53:23 AM »
Got this from GF's brother in law, he had it sitting in his shed for years.

Still in the shrink wrap y todo

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #5450 on: October 12, 2020, 10:59:25 AM »

awesome come up. who are these people that leave shit like this in a shed!

Junglist

« Reply #5451 on: October 12, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »
Ordered a Krooked Cromer Lil Snuff football shape. I will mention this repeatedly, but 1992-1993 is my favorite era of skateboarding shapes. (Favorite era would probably be 1989-1993 total). Wonder how skinny this is going to be at the trucks. Shape looks fun though.
I measured 8.0 at the trucks when I had one

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5452 on: October 12, 2020, 11:15:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

awesome come up. who are these people that leave shit like this in a shed!
Thanks I'm stoked on it for sure, and from what he's told me before he skated on and off through grade school guess he never got around to setting this one up before he quit all together.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #5453 on: October 12, 2020, 11:36:49 AM »
Do digital calipers count?

Also nice come up Silky!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5454 on: October 12, 2020, 11:37:17 AM »
probably the fastest ive ever went from contemplating to buying skate gear. homie hookup on the hat and bushings definitely sealed the deal

quasi 8.5 jake johnson (dbz inspired graphic, someone remind me what it is again)
venture beanie
bones mediums (not pictured)

not a purchase but my good friend gave me this issue of thrasher. tyshawns soty trip. easily one of my favorite skaters of all time
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 11:48:11 AM by off »
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5455 on: October 12, 2020, 12:17:59 PM »
Board is sick

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5456 on: October 12, 2020, 01:07:49 PM »

I want to skate that board. 7.56 ?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5457 on: October 12, 2020, 01:24:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I want to skate that board. 7.56 ?
I believe it's around there definitely smaller than an 7.75

babywantsbluevelvet

• Rep: 36
« Reply #5458 on: October 12, 2020, 01:31:16 PM »
probably the fastest ive ever went from contemplating to buying skate gear. homie hookup on the hat and bushings definitely sealed the deal

quasi 8.5 jake johnson (dbz inspired graphic, someone remind me what it is again)
venture beanie

not a purchase but my good friend gave me this issue of thrasher. tyshawns soty trip. easily one of my favorite skaters of all time

Awesome. Do the squarer kicks make it skate like something wider? I wanted to go down to 8.5 and got a Blue Eagle AH, but it just felt a little too skinny with the rounder kicks. It was under 32” too. Been thinking about trying something like this. Let us know when that rain lets up

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #5459 on: October 12, 2020, 02:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote

venture beanie

[close]

Awesome. Do the squarer kicks make it skate like something wider? I wanted to go down to 8.5 and got a Blue Eagle AH, but it just felt a little too skinny with the rounder kicks. It was under 32” too. Been thinking about trying something like this. Let us know when that rain lets up
square kicks always make boards feel wider imo. this deck is PS pressed and feels like an 8.6 just standing on it, compared to the hockey/FA shapes in the same width.

i cant jive with pointy/round kicks at 8.5, makes the deck feel small and dainty. only time those shaped kicks ever work for me is @8.75+

edit: the deck actually measures 8.6 over the front trucks and 8.5 in the back
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo