Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 978805 times)

dallou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
    • Music avatar image
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5580 on: November 10, 2020, 07:13:11 AM »
I bought a pair of Last Resort and skated them right away. No adjustement was needed, I felt really in control and comfy. Also I closed my first frontside switch 360, was it because of the shoes ? We'll never know. But I definitly recommend them
check my music

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5581 on: November 10, 2020, 10:55:18 AM »
I bought a pair of Last Resort and skated them right away. No adjustement was needed, I felt really in control and comfy. Also I closed my first frontside switch 360, was it because of the shoes ? We'll never know. But I definitly recommend them
good to hear, really want a pair but they're probably too small for me in a 12. TTS or run long?

gin

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5582 on: November 10, 2020, 11:04:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
good to hear, really want a pair but they're probably too small for me in a 12. TTS or run long?

I got a pair TTS, haven't skated but fits real good. Normally between a 7.5/8, got wide feet (for example: 8's in the vans ultrarange, adidas matchcourt, 7.5 in the crockett 2's, jack purcell pros)

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #5583 on: November 10, 2020, 01:15:10 PM »
Just snagged these Tyshawn Adidas and a new deck. I got a concussion in august and then sprained my ankle the last weekend of september so I've been out sitting around for a while. The shoes were on sale and i thought i'd try them since they have a lot of ankle support. I threw some soft wheels on because i felt like pushing around last night

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5584 on: November 10, 2020, 02:31:09 PM »
My first Tony Hawk board at the age of 36 and he even saw it in my story!!!

Sick
My first flip trick was on one of these. My friend Sean Foley's board. I think it was a red mini with blue grip.

Shoulders fully open like a 180 ollie. Foot positioning, toes forward so a body verial was the result.

Such a good day

Everyone is buying some cool shit.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5585 on: November 10, 2020, 02:51:46 PM »

[
Orchard is on point with mail. They gotta have a frickin "hurry up machine"

State footwear. Not too pointy nice snug fit. Insole is way better than I expected to find. A good price.

Ive never had brand new bones before. I've had kid downs and rebuilt sets but this is a first time.

Gotta cut the treads on my aces. I'm skating those out doors this winter. The ventures are brutal in the bowl in the cold. Frickin scary.

Zach art

(A)pl(E)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5586 on: November 10, 2020, 03:02:56 PM »
^

ha, good looks. i wanted to get swiss for years. the states are dope.

i want to get the gall lelands just to flex freddy support.

but apart from being broke as heck thx to covid i would have to wait to wear them until spring i guess and i hate leaving stuff on the shelf.

i have a small skate stuff shopping list to go through before the year ends. have to get some small parts to rebuild a couple pairs of old trucks and need two more decks and sets of wheels. that way i can probably skip anything other than deck purchases till late spring i guess and also build up another board. i wanted to get a guest board/something my roommate can also use to cruise around.

i don't need the wheels actually, i just want to try the 97a f4s and also loopholes.

hope i get all that money shit sorted out so i can treat myself come christmas.

Ilya Oblomov

• Rep: 14
« Reply #5587 on: November 10, 2020, 04:32:11 PM »
Quasi 8.5 with the long wheel base and a sheet of MOB.

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #5588 on: November 10, 2020, 05:18:40 PM »
excellent skateboard cafe board, very good shape

jsettle

• Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5589 on: November 10, 2020, 05:29:03 PM »
Just snagged these Tyshawn Adidas and a new deck. I got a concussion in august and then sprained my ankle the last weekend of september so I've been out sitting around for a while. The shoes were on sale and i thought i'd try them since they have a lot of ankle support. I threw some soft wheels on because i felt like pushing around last night

how do the tyshawns fit? do they run big, or true to size?

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #5590 on: November 10, 2020, 06:02:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I would say they're just sligthly smaller then true to size but will probably stretch to be perfect in a few days.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5591 on: November 10, 2020, 10:10:13 PM »
^

ha, good looks. i wanted to get swiss for years. the states are dope.

i want to get the gall lelands just to flex freddy support.

but apart from being broke as heck thx to covid i would have to wait to wear them until spring i guess and i hate leaving stuff on the shelf.

i have a small skate stuff shopping list to go through before the year ends. have to get some small parts to rebuild a couple pairs of old trucks and need two more decks and sets of wheels. that way i can probably skip anything other than deck purchases till late spring i guess and also build up another board. i wanted to get a guest board/something my roommate can also use to cruise around.

i don't need the wheels actually, i just want to try the 97a f4s and also loopholes.

hope i get all that money shit sorted out so i can treat myself come christmas.

Thanks. They feel good. It's a good shape for my foot. That's pretty rare lately. They look good. I'd like to get some slips maybe next time. I like the burgundy ones a bunch

Loopholes are dope too. They sit on a block nicely for crooks. Slide well haven't flat spotted them yet. I was trying with lay back front rocks at the park the other day. 

I back these brands obviously. They further what I like to see on both coasts.
(A)pl(E)

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #5592 on: November 11, 2020, 02:48:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I would say they're just sligthly smaller then true to size but will probably stretch to be perfect in a few days.

they feel a little snug at first but break in nicely, especially in that suede!

the white leathers were a little harder to break in but were good after two sessions for me!
the are not too roomy nor too pointy so i would recommend TTS, but we all know it depends on your foot- i'd say same size as lucas adv and busenitz pros

i loved the flick on my tyshawns after the first sesh

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5593 on: November 11, 2020, 08:21:52 AM »
I live in Asia so Taobao (China's equivalent of Amazon with much more shopping) just had their 11.11 sale (11th November). Got a bunch of DC shoes, shoe goo and China branded trucks and wheels. I'm all about trying their weird local brands, full of hits and misses.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #5594 on: November 11, 2020, 08:38:47 AM »

im about to turn aurora, co into a skate park.  any tips for which grinding wheels and masks to use?

RajeevWins

• Rep: 16
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #5595 on: November 11, 2020, 09:37:27 AM »
Bought the new Indy MiDs. I actually bought some new Krux first, because I wanted to try something new...but the difference between them and the Venture Lows I was riding for the past 5 years was way too insane (48mm vs 56mm). I have to put so much effort into making sure I snap hard enough for my tail to hit the ground...but I can’t front, my ollies have visibly improved in height.

Plus, I realized that my filmer board on Indy 159s was exponentially more fun and responsive than the Ventures or the Krux. Switching from filming back to skating was like switching from Yoshi to Bowser on Mario Kart 64. So I pulled the trigger on the Indy MiDs. Can’t wait for them to finally show up in the mail.

I also switched from Bones to Spitfire Formula 4 Full Conicals recently. I can fucking powerslide now. It’s the sickest feeling. Idk how I went this damn long just assuming I’d never figure them out.

i came up through the "niggas don't skate days"

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #5596 on: November 11, 2020, 10:10:04 AM »
Just to add, State insoles are probably the best stock insoles in skate shoes currently from my experience. They beat whatever Cons and and Nike are doing. On par, if not better with Etnies Pro Foam 1 insole, better than Es and Emerica (STI Energy and G6, which are similar to Pro Foam 1), better than the NB# insoles I've tried, defiintely better than Ultra/PopCush, etc. They work well in a lot of other shoes.
Blazer mids with them is a beautiful combo.
Super Champion Fun Zone

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5597 on: November 11, 2020, 11:36:46 AM »
I live in Asia so Taobao (China's equivalent of Amazon with much more shopping) just had their 11.11 sale (11th November). Got a bunch of DC shoes, shoe goo and China branded trucks and wheels. I'm all about trying their weird local brands, full of hits and misses.
Keep us posted, super curious about foreign local brands.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
« Reply #5598 on: November 12, 2020, 12:10:14 AM »

Dgk 8.25 I bought just so I could say I bought a dgk deck at Zumiez in Amarillo Texas one time. Actually pretty happy with how it skates. Don't have a measuring tape down here but I would guess it's about 31.7 and 14.3ish on the wb. Generator/bbs so fairly steep tail, but the kicks seem a bit shorter than most bbs I've tried but it works.

Swiss ceramics. Found a really good deal on them ($60, and from an actual shop so no they're not counterfeit.. Not sure if they even fake the Swiss ceramics or just the Reds) and sent it to a fellow SLAP poster. Said poster then proceeded to buy the last two boxes in stock before I could get my order in. After agreeing to exchange a box of gear for one including the bearings, I dutifully sent mine off and waited for his box to arrive. After nearly two months of waiting and many gentle hints, said box with bearings arrived.

I've skated them a couple times and they're good. Not $150 good though. Maybe they still need to break in more or something. At this point I'd still say the $25 rockets are faster.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #5599 on: November 12, 2020, 07:11:59 AM »
Third day in a row skating the last resort and fuck do I love these shoes. I have honestly never skated better. I know it's not because of them but still I feel super good and comfy in them.
check my music

simmerdown

« Reply #5600 on: November 12, 2020, 07:46:17 AM »

im about to turn aurora, co into a skate park.  any tips for which grinding wheels and masks to use?

You're going to want a P100 particulate respirator. Either cartridges that attach to a half-face respirator, or the disposable mask style. and goggles.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5601 on: November 12, 2020, 01:43:30 PM »

The homie got wheel with speedlab so I scooped
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

FUBAR

• Rep: 236
« Reply #5602 on: November 12, 2020, 05:09:29 PM »
Got a Black Label 8.5 coming. God save the label.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5603 on: November 12, 2020, 05:55:38 PM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5604 on: November 13, 2020, 08:19:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You're going to want a P100 particulate respirator. Either cartridges that attach to a half-face respirator, or the disposable mask style. and goggles.
Also make sure you don’t use a disc rated for lower rpms than what your grinder is rated for. The disc can shatter and send shrapnel flying into your body even with the guard still on it
fuck you bama

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #5605 on: November 13, 2020, 08:52:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Also make sure you don’t use a disc rated for lower rpms than what your grinder is rated for. The disc can shatter and send shrapnel flying into your body even with the guard still on it

Also don't put pressure on the disc that would cause it to bend, can also lead to a shattered disc.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #5606 on: November 13, 2020, 11:44:05 AM »

Nothing better as pushing around to free the mind..
Get well soon mate.
IG: @flowterspace

Yibb-Tstll

• Rep: 52
« Reply #5607 on: November 14, 2020, 08:29:43 AM »
after years of tweaking my bushings to have loose-enough trucks, I finally made the jump from indy to Ace. Really love the look of the hanger, hopefully it will break-in quick

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1070
« Reply #5608 on: November 14, 2020, 05:53:55 PM »

New local brand "Argo"
BBS wood, standard medium concave
They have a graphic board which looks pretty sick, but I really like the stain color of this
https://www.argoskateboards.com/collections/decks

Space Monkey

« Reply #5609 on: November 14, 2020, 09:42:50 PM »

New local brand "Argo"
BBS wood, standard medium concave
They have a graphic board which looks pretty sick, but I really like the stain color of this
https://www.argoskateboards.com/collections/decks

Looks great. What are the dimensions?