Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 676511 times)

tom and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

goingapelikenigo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
  • please don't be a hero
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5910 on: January 09, 2021, 04:19:38 PM »

Alltimers 8.25
Aloha Super
Josh Kalis S Vulc

Gonna post them on feet in the shoes thread later  ;D

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5911 on: January 10, 2021, 12:19:00 PM »

Alltimers 8.25
Aloha Super
Josh Kalis S Vulc

Waiting for that photo, was thinking about getting those Kalis joints.

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 3
« Reply #5912 on: January 10, 2021, 03:57:05 PM »
Got nervous about decks... bought

FA silver Dill paintings 8.25
Polar Oski 8.25
Sci-Fi Black with X 8.25
new Civilist shirt

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5913 on: January 10, 2021, 06:19:50 PM »
Expand Quote

Alltimers 8.25
Aloha Super
Josh Kalis S Vulc

[close]
Waiting for that photo, was thinking about getting those Kalis joints.

I recommend the Kalis Vulcs, managed to snap a few pairs up on discount, currently riding my 2nd pair with 2 more on ice. I have wide feet and bunions so they can be a little tight on the front but stretch out very quickly.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5914 on: January 11, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »

Just got a local brand called Sunrise.
Specs are on fire with 8.5 x 32, Nose 7", tail: 6.7 and WB: 14.5

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #5915 on: January 13, 2021, 04:36:05 PM »
I bought a bit of shit this week including some Sunday bearings, and hardware but these got me  :)

These the ones off parade world

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 88
« Reply #5916 on: January 13, 2021, 05:33:07 PM »
finally ordered some 97duro 54mm, hope they are good. wish they came in 52/53mm and in other shapes but i have to try them

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #5917 on: January 13, 2021, 05:43:13 PM »
I bought a bit of shit this week including some Sunday bearings, and hardware but these got me  :)

I always like the plain simple graphics like that, but goodness 50 mm new are such small wheels to me!

So how were the shipping time and cost - any issue?

Just curious, not judging or anything either way (but getting in before anyone says anything).

I used to get a lot of things a while back, especially when the AU dollar was better, also before I had shop account access, but nowdays everything just seems to expensive to order from overseas, as well as cracking down on import duties too.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5918 on: January 13, 2021, 06:06:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I always like the plain simple graphics like that, but goodness 50 mm new are such small wheels to me!

So how were the shipping time and cost - any issue?

Just curious, not judging or anything either way (but getting in before anyone says anything).

I used to get a lot of things a while back, especially when the AU dollar was better, also before I had shop account access, but nowdays everything just seems to expensive to order from overseas, as well as cracking down on import duties too.
4th time I've ordered from parade.  I ordered these on Saturday and they got here today very quick.
With shipping and exchange rate they cost me about $58 Aussie per set.. 
Can't find 50 mm f4's in Australia...         

Judge if u like 😉

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #5919 on: January 13, 2021, 06:51:30 PM »

4th time I've ordered from parade.  I ordered these on Saturday and they got here today very quick.

Judge if u like

Nice!

Re judging - I know a lot of people will instantly start into the "support your LOCAL shop / industry" but as you said, you cannot get 50mm wheels anywhere in Australia right now and that actually worked out a very competitive rate.

Who was the shop they came from, given everything always comes from a shop and parade are just the facilitator?

Ok

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #5920 on: January 13, 2021, 06:55:21 PM »
finally ordered some 97duro 54mm, hope they are good. wish they came in 52/53mm and in other shapes but i have to try them

Got the 56s for the cruiser. Also wish 52s. So far I like em. Like a dork I had two boards out, one with 56 conical fulls 99a, then these. I just like the classic shape. I skate bad, usually, on the conical fulls

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5921 on: January 13, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote

Judge if u like
[close]

Nice!

Re judging - I know a lot of people will instantly start into the "support your LOCAL shop / industry" but as you said, you cannot get 50mm wheels anywhere in Australia right now and that actually worked out a very competitive rate.

Who was the shop they came from, given everything always comes from a shop and parade are just the facilitator?
  Energy Skateshop Orlando
I know what your saying and really I only go parade when I can't find what I'm after here in Australia
Even if the prices and delivery times are sometime better from Parade..  ::)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #5922 on: January 14, 2021, 05:33:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Judge if u like
[close]

Nice!

[close]
  Energy Skateshop Orlando
I know what your saying and really I only go parade when I can't find what I'm after here in Australia
Even if the prices and delivery times are sometime better from Parade..  ::)

What I am finding interesting is so many bigger shops over there are getting solid orders of all the good stuff, but it seems there is still so little actually coming into this county by comparison.  From following way too many shops in AU and in USA, it is a definite shortage here still.

HumBoogie

« Reply #5923 on: January 14, 2021, 12:58:23 PM »
Lakai Griffin and some shorty's hardware.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5924 on: January 14, 2021, 01:42:44 PM »

Pivot cups are self explanatory, but I got the indy bushings to swap out just my top bushings
fuck you bama

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • Instagram
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5925 on: January 14, 2021, 01:53:22 PM »
nice cups, you won't regret those

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #5926 on: January 14, 2021, 02:14:27 PM »
i grabbed a pair of riptides for venture and ended up throwing them in my ace's too.. seemed to fit fine.

i need some indy 94 bushings .. maybe even 92 would work. cowtown just sold out of em

TastyBurrito

• Rep: 79
« Reply #5927 on: January 14, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »

Legit. Does changing pivot cups make a huge difference? I'm on Ace 44s and 55s stock and love the way they feel.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5928 on: January 14, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
i grabbed a pair of riptides for venture and ended up throwing them in my ace's too.. seemed to fit fine.

i need some indy 94 bushings .. maybe even 92 would work. cowtown just sold out of em
try Socalskateshop.com. They have the 92ís in stock. Might only take a day or two for delivery to Arizona

Expand Quote
[close]

Legit. Does changing pivot cups make a huge difference? I'm on Ace 44s and 55s stock and love the way they feel.
The stock pivot cups are pretty cheap and shitty. I blew them out fairly quick which led to the pivot hole on my baseplate getting oblonged from the hanger moving around too much. Havenít had that since changing to the Riptide cups
fuck you bama

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #5929 on: January 14, 2021, 05:53:46 PM »
f4 97s 56mm(yes, they're awesome), 2 sets of 101 satori, ventures off ebay, and a orbital sander since ive lately been cutting decks. gotta buy a new cv axle for my car, too. just waiting on that stimulus check.

Buttfart Rapedick

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #5930 on: January 15, 2021, 05:14:44 PM »

92 is where its at if you're in the 170-180lb range in my opinion. Still get that nice surfy turn but enough resistance to avoid wheelbite and keep you stable when you're setting your feet up. I just got my first set of 94 and they're ok but I prefer the 92.

Btw venture stock bushings are 94a so you could always use those if you have a pair. Destructo are probably around that duro too, maybe a little stiffer. I would avoid doh-doh 95a though... they're decent enough but tend to get chewed up and lose their resilience after a little while.

Oh and if anyone has film hards... they freeze up bad in the cold. Like rock hard, no turning at all after 5 minutes in freezing temps. Never had a bushing that did it as bad as those do.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5931 on: January 15, 2021, 06:22:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
92 is where its at if you're in the 170-180lb range in my opinion. Still get that nice surfy turn but enough resistance to avoid wheelbite and keep you stable when you're setting your feet up. I just got my first set of 94 and they're ok but I prefer the 92.

Btw venture stock bushings are 94a so you could always use those if you have a pair. Destructo are probably around that duro too, maybe a little stiffer. I would avoid doh-doh 95a though... they're decent enough but tend to get chewed up and lose their resilience after a little while.

Oh and if anyone has film hards... they freeze up bad in the cold. Like rock hard, no turning at all after 5 minutes in freezing temps. Never had a bushing that did it as bad as those do.
good shit. i am 200 and just put a set of 97a supercush in 169. I think 94a would be perfect in the winter then. The 97a in the summer then, but its pretty hard and gotta really lean into it. might try flat top washers too.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
« Reply #5932 on: January 16, 2021, 08:06:50 PM »
I was looking to get the new skate sk8 hi's and found these instead and i really like them.

Sk8 hi 138 Decon SF
Came with Ultracush, i love how they fit.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -941
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5933 on: January 17, 2021, 03:28:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

not sure what bushings I have in the standard ones but they felt a bit off on my last skate, like they werenít returning back to center... wondering if I should lube the pivot cups, any film advice would be appreciated!

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #endlesstoecapsforthepuffyfooter

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Aussie skate shop guy
« Reply #5934 on: January 17, 2021, 04:09:44 AM »

not sure what bushings I have in the standard ones but they felt a bit off on my last skate, like they werenít returning back to center... wondering if I should lube the pivot cups, any film advice would be appreciated!

If you haven't skated them in a bit, just give them a bit more time to warm up and ease in - had a board I hadn't skated in a while that I had a roll on and the bushings felt like rocks, but after a bit they were much more back to normal.  When I say a bit, it might have been an hour or so.

The old heel toe heel toe heel toe leaning side to side, then turn it around and do the same on the other side sometimes helps.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -941
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5935 on: January 17, 2021, 04:49:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you haven't skated them in a bit, just give them a bit more time to warm up and ease in - had a board I hadn't skated in a while that I had a roll on and the bushings felt like rocks, but after a bit they were much more back to normal.  When I say a bit, it might have been an hour or so.

The old heel toe heel toe heel toe leaning side to side, then turn it around and do the same on the other side sometimes helps.

cheers, that makes me feel better because I actually had these trucks on ice (literally because it's been cold here) for a few weeks while I was deciding what deck to set them up on. My skate yesterday was probably an hour in total but they still felt a little bit weird to me, I was having a pretty shit day so I'll give them another go next week.

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #endlesstoecapsforthepuffyfooter

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5936 on: January 17, 2021, 05:48:59 AM »
Made it to the local w a buddy so he could grab the last resorts but I just grabbed some thunder hardware and ML bearings for a new set up and a long sleeve shop tee

FUBAR

• Rep: 21
« Reply #5937 on: January 17, 2021, 07:11:57 AM »
Set of medium bones bushing for a new set of 8.25 tensor mag lites. Stoked to try them.
Be your own person

Reed Richards

• Rep: 71
« Reply #5938 on: January 17, 2021, 12:22:09 PM »

After picking up some curry goat, I called my local on a whim and they had one more set of these in 147.  Glad I got em, and from there too.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #5939 on: January 17, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »

After picking up some curry goat, I called my local on a whim and they had one more set of these in 147.  Glad I got em, and from there too.

Never had the team hollows. Want the team hollows. 147s are the shit, for me.