Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 980819 times)

jsettle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #8250 on: January 31, 2023, 04:05:58 AM »
Nice! I went with green also. The picture in this thread is the one he did for me. He sent me that picture of it right after he finished it up. I thought green would just look cool. Ill definately share how it skates later this weekend and hopefully get a couple decent clips on it as well

Pastasash

• Rep: 74
« Reply #8251 on: January 31, 2023, 08:45:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got this ride on slappy flatbar from Just Rails...he doesnt have a website but takes orders through instagram. His prices are wayyyyy cheaper than blunt steel if you have ever been interested in buying one of those. He also does regular sized flatbars as well. He makes them to order so you pick your color you want too. Definitely worth hitting up if you have been wanting a rail for a fair price.
https://instagram.com/just_rails?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

[close]

sincere question man, what do you even do with this thing. ive seen them at parks, but they're nothing compared to a curb imo & feel nothing like a flatbar
[close]

I've got a blunt steel rail I've been skating in my basement for the last several months. I use it as a way to learn new tricks and just do fun stuff on. It gets you comfortable with cross locking and I learned crooks and feebles on it. Its 4" off the ground, so you can really do any trick with very low risk of hurting yourself. Removing that fear factor makes it much easier to learn things I think.

Once I get more confident, I just throw it on a pair of cement blocks and I have myself a regular rail to skate. You can also use it like a pole jam, do up/down grinds off of things, throw it on a curb, etc.
[close]
Seriously considering a rail like this for all the reasons mentioned above.
[close]
I gave up fighting the temptation and just bought one from Just Rails for the same reason. Said it’ll be in the mail on Friday and I’m stoked.
[close]

Hell ya! Mine shows up tomorrow but we have some shitty weather so probably wont get skated till the wknd. The jult rails dude is awesome and easy to order from. What color did you do for yours?
[close]
I went with green. No real reason behind it, just thought it would look cool. What color do you go with? Bummer about the weather in your area. I’m fortunate to live in AZ where we have mostly sunny days regardless of time of year.
Expand Quote
I was looking at the square one they make that is low. Let us know how you guys like yours!!
[close]
I’ll come back to this thread once it comes and I get a chance to skate it and give a mini review.

Just curious, how much did you guys pay for a little rail like that if you don't mind me asking? It's constantly snowing up where Im at and looking for something easy to lug around at the plowed parking lots around here lol

jsettle

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8252 on: January 31, 2023, 09:52:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got this ride on slappy flatbar from Just Rails...he doesnt have a website but takes orders through instagram. His prices are wayyyyy cheaper than blunt steel if you have ever been interested in buying one of those. He also does regular sized flatbars as well. He makes them to order so you pick your color you want too. Definitely worth hitting up if you have been wanting a rail for a fair price.

[close]

sincere question man, what do you even do with this thing. ive seen them at parks, but they're nothing compared to a curb imo & feel nothing like a flatbar
[close]

I've got a blunt steel rail I've been skating in my basement for the last several months. I use it as a way to learn new tricks and just do fun stuff on. It gets you comfortable with cross locking and I learned crooks and feebles on it. Its 4" off the ground, so you can really do any trick with very low risk of hurting yourself. Removing that fear factor makes it much easier to learn things I think.

Once I get more confident, I just throw it on a pair of cement blocks and I have myself a regular rail to skate. You can also use it like a pole jam, do up/down grinds off of things, throw it on a curb, etc.
[close]
Seriously considering a rail like this for all the reasons mentioned above.
[close]
I gave up fighting the temptation and just bought one from Just Rails for the same reason. Said it’ll be in the mail on Friday and I’m stoked.
[close]

Hell ya! Mine shows up tomorrow but we have some shitty weather so probably wont get skated till the wknd. The jult rails dude is awesome and easy to order from. What color did you do for yours?
[close]
I went with green. No real reason behind it, just thought it would look cool. What color do you go with? Bummer about the weather in your area. I’m fortunate to live in AZ where we have mostly sunny days regardless of time of year.
Expand Quote
I was looking at the square one they make that is low. Let us know how you guys like yours!!
[close]
I’ll come back to this thread once it comes and I get a chance to skate it and give a mini review.
[close]

Just curious, how much did you guys pay for a little rail like that if you don't mind me asking? It's constantly snowing up where Im at and looking for something easy to lug around at the plowed parking lots around here lol

This guy (just rails) charges 150 for them. That company blunt steel who are known for these type of rails charge about 270 for the same exact thing. I havent seen anybody ese really making them that i know of.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #8253 on: February 01, 2023, 02:15:45 PM »
Found a bunch of EA skate stickers on a thrift app. The guy who sold them used to work for EA, they were only made as promotional material for the release of the first game.

switchfakie

« Reply #8254 on: February 01, 2023, 05:35:29 PM »
Found a bunch of EA skate stickers on a thrift app. The guy who sold them used to work for EA, they were only made as promotional material for the release of the first game.

what a good find

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #8255 on: February 02, 2023, 05:17:42 AM »
Baby blue Busenitzes and a few sheets of Miles.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #8256 on: February 02, 2023, 06:02:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've never skated one, but I can imagine a cold, wet day where I drag my flat bar and one of these rails to a parking garage and have hours of fun.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
« Reply #8257 on: February 02, 2023, 06:16:17 AM »

Been on a Dunk kick recently and I couldn’t resist

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #8258 on: February 02, 2023, 11:28:44 AM »
I got these 94 duro aftermarket Thunder bushings in that sick teal blue ish color. Do Thunder bushings get a bit stiffer over time?
IG: @flowterspace

LebowskisRug

« Reply #8259 on: February 02, 2023, 12:17:39 PM »
No. And those ones are reallllllly stiff. I couldn't turn without the wheels lifting off the ground nuts flush.

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #8260 on: February 02, 2023, 12:26:43 PM »
No. And those ones are reallllllly stiff. I couldn't turn without the wheels lifting off the ground nuts flush.
I had a very similar experience. Way stiffer than the Bones hard which I believe are 96a. I’m doing stock Thunder bottom with the 94a bushing in the top and that’s been nice. Using the 94a on the top and bottom was a no go.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #8261 on: February 02, 2023, 03:26:57 PM »
I got these 94 duro aftermarket Thunder bushings in that sick teal blue ish color. Do Thunder bushings get a bit stiffer over time?

Bushings are urethane so have two things that usually go on.

As they age, they firm up a little, as per all urethane, so from the first day of use, gentle break in period to pretty much about usual after a week or so, they will feel a bit firmer or at least bounce back, rather than stay in the same position you landed.

If they are under pressure they will compress some as well, so as the bushings are squashed, they will make the trucks feel a little more loose to some degree.

A friend recently got those exact ice blue 94 duro bushings and at first they were quite stiff and non responsive, but now after maybe a month or so, they are more responsive but don't feel quite as difficult to turn with but he did tighten down the kingpin nut about half a turn at the last session on them.

They are way stiffer than the stock bushings that came in the trucks though, even though with the same wear in period, they felt good to me, he wanted them a bit stiffer, so these work well.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
« Reply #8262 on: February 03, 2023, 06:46:23 PM »
I was joking about it in the sale gear thread but I actually just bought 6 pairs from the junkyard sale(50% off + 3 for 2). Goddamn. I'm always thinking I should probably settle for some shoes I know that work for me, but I never buy the same shoe. Never had problems getting used to a new shoe though.

This time I'm trying:
Etnies josl1n
Emerica dickson
Vans rowan
Vans lizzie
Half cabs (Had some a few years ago)
Last resort vm003

Thank god there wasn't a truck/wheel sale. At least I'm actually gonna use all these shoes

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #8263 on: February 03, 2023, 11:39:00 PM »
Some Habitat Twin Tip decks, long dims but twice the deck longevity (maybe)
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

jsettle

« Reply #8264 on: February 04, 2023, 10:10:55 AM »

Finally got to skate it today after all the ice melted outside. This thing is very fun. If you aren't used to round flat bars like me, it could be weird at first but starts to feel comfortable thee more you grind it. I can tell its going to be fun trying alot of new tricks on it. The quality of this thing is awesome. I say get one if you are even thinking about it. Well worth the 150 bucks

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
« Reply #8265 on: February 05, 2023, 09:26:00 PM »

Passport 8in deck. 17th time I had this shape. Got the Powell dragon wheels for my cruiser, 56mm. Jesusp grip. And a pair of
Etnies black gum slip on mañana black gum slip on's. Found the SLAP shirt at my parents house over the holidays.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 09:44:00 PM by yapple dapple »

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8266 on: February 06, 2023, 02:12:48 PM »
I bought the Palace American Psycho deck.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8267 on: February 06, 2023, 05:32:15 PM »
I bought the Palace American Psycho deck.

Impressive
Very nice

(relevant user name too)
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 117
« Reply #8268 on: February 07, 2023, 07:18:49 AM »
3 pairs of spanky g6 for 92$

Jacob DeGrosso

• Rep: 16
« Reply #8269 on: February 07, 2023, 10:51:56 AM »
Cat color-way checks out.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #8270 on: February 08, 2023, 01:05:50 PM »
Found these online used for a reasonable price.

You can bet your bottom dollar I'm doing some new boot goofin' for the foreseeable future
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #8271 on: February 08, 2023, 01:47:03 PM »
I have those somewhere! The insole's slippery as fuck.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 826
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #8272 on: February 08, 2023, 02:56:44 PM »

I honestly don’t know… it was on sale, it was an 8 inch BBS board which are my jam. I loved the Terminator movies as a kid.. Tiago rules…It’s seems a little to flat for my liking but still might give it a go later.

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #8273 on: February 08, 2023, 10:22:01 PM »

Kitty matches and approves the Spanly’s! Did you get them direct from the Emerica site? Been wanting to buy a pair.

Bill Salt

« Reply #8274 on: February 08, 2023, 11:25:27 PM »
bought those pricy green cups for my indys.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 117
« Reply #8275 on: February 09, 2023, 07:30:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Kitty matches and approves the Spanly’s! Did you get them direct from the Emerica site? Been wanting to buy a pair.

Got them from a swedish store that had take 3 pay for 2 + they were on sale

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #8276 on: February 09, 2023, 10:23:39 AM »
Kyle Wilson 54mm Conical Full. First time on (non-cruiser) colored wheels ever.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1596
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #8277 on: February 09, 2023, 07:21:12 PM »
I have those somewhere! The insole's slippery as fuck.

It's funny you mention that. I wore them for the first time yesterday and ended up having to peel the cat graphic off of the insole.  The good thing was that it peeled off super easy.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #8278 on: February 09, 2023, 07:28:31 PM »

Passport denim jacket I got to wear on a date with this roller skater girl, a couple pairs of workers pants, and a t-shirt. IMO Passport seems to put out the best gear out of any skate company
fuck you bama

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8279 on: February 09, 2023, 08:03:48 PM »
Found these online used for a reasonable price.

You can bet your bottom dollar I'm doing some new boot goofin' for the foreseeable future

Beyoderful, all we need is a Ipath Cats reissue with Slap and we'll blow our collective loads.

I like that early era of Adidas, they had some good looking vulc shoes like the Busenitz.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m