Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969527 times)

yapple dapple

Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2015, 04:03:29 PM »
My next line up.

Space Monkey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2015, 05:01:07 PM »
My next line up.

Have you tried Mob M-80 before?

yapple dapple

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2015, 09:14:28 PM »
No it's my first.

Space Monkey

« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »
Let me know how if it's worth trying.

JonFL1990

« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2015, 09:57:52 PM »
Lakai Encino. Will be my first Time wearing Lakai's

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2015, 10:23:21 PM »

I hope you enjoy these, but those lakai soles are from an older line and, to me, are extremely slippery and un-flexable. I wouldn't base your opinion of Lakai off them. I'm skating the new slip-on Lakai Owen now, and it's one of the best shoes out of the box I've had. Great sole, flexible, and durable. They've changed factories since then and they feel like they've went from Airspeed Quality to old Nike quality. It's a huge difference.

Space Monkey

« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2015, 12:35:03 AM »

[IMG/img]

I got these a few years ago, my toe burst through the toe cap just from walking like the second day I wore them. Still skated them to shit though. Don't judge Lakai on these.

JonFL1990

« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2015, 01:22:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hope you enjoy these, but those lakai soles are from an older line and, to me, are extremely slippery and un-flexable. I wouldn't base your opinion of Lakai off them. I'm skating the new slip-on Lakai Owen now, and it's one of the best shoes out of the box I've had. Great sole, flexible, and durable. They've changed factories since then and they feel like they've went from Airspeed Quality to old Nike quality. It's a huge difference.

Yea man they only ran me 40 bucks so its whatever. I'm just going to skate them to shit and now I have an excuse for the wife to buy another pair of shoes.

yapple dapple

« Reply #128 on: March 17, 2015, 03:03:45 PM »
Ok, this is what I can tell you. After doing the braille test and two different shoes. The M-80 is a tad bit finer and grippyer. However I'm definitely not a fan of the small Mob cut out. I left all the pieces in but can still see it every time I look down. I think I'll stick to reg Mob for future decks since I'm weird and picky about solid black grip tape.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #129 on: March 17, 2015, 03:06:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ok, this is what I can tell you. After doing the braille test and two different shoes. The M-80 is a tad bit finer and grippyer. However I'm definitely not a fan of the small Mob cut out. I left all the pieces in but can still see it every time I look down. I think I'll stick to reg Mob for future decks since I'm weird and picky about solid black grip tape.

I actually like the M-80 mob grip and cant believe they don't simply have just solid black grip of it. I don't have to sand down my grip like i use to have to with regular mob. I as well don't cut out the logo and keep it intact so that it looks like solid black grip.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2015, 03:07:40 PM »
Pitcrew "Where I'm From" DVD
$8.12 on eBay.

For me this was like the find of the decade. Such a great video all around. Sick parts from everyone. Good editing/soundtrack.
Plus this video has the Pepe Martinez tribute part. Pepe has been my favorite skater since about 1993, so owning this video with his tribute part really means alot to me. Forever missed.

Shit. Nice pick up, dude. Wish I saw that.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

yapple dapple

« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2015, 03:14:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I actually like the M-80 mob grip and cant believe they don't simply have just solid black grip of it. I don't have to sand down my grip like i use to have to with regular mob. I as well don't cut out the logo and keep it intact so that it looks like solid black grip.

I think it's better grip as well. I know the cut out is tiny but it still bugs me.

Greg Road

« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »
Any of you guys wear Clarks Wallabee's or the cheaper Stinson version? I'm thinking about getting a pair cause they're super comfy and look cool. Clarks are a bit pricey so I'll probably go with the Stinson.

Space Monkey

« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2015, 11:53:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

How's the adhesive? Recently my experience with regular mob is that it peels up in some places.

yapple dapple

« Reply #134 on: March 18, 2015, 12:05:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

How's the adhesive? Recently my experience with regular mob is that it peels up in some places.
I don't think adhesive is your problem. Apply the grip properly and sand the edges and you'll be fine. I use a file no razor blade.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2015, 12:11:01 AM »

bought this windbreaker, kinda bummed its warming up now  :-[

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #136 on: March 18, 2015, 01:12:31 AM »

bought this windbreaker, kinda bummed its warming up now  :-[

Tell me about it. I did get a wugenta hoodie though and it's almost like t-shirt material thin ... good for spring I guess :(
Wish I could find the thick pullover one.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

dillanharp

« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2015, 09:06:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Mob is sticky as fuck. L2Grip.

Randozzi

« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2015, 09:13:19 AM »

worth every penny. very comfortable, perfect for Spring/Summer.
http://freedumb-airlines.squarespace.com/

Space Monkey

« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2015, 11:30:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
I don't think adhesive is your problem. Apply the grip properly and sand the edges and you'll be fine. I use a file no razor blade.

I don't have an issue applying grip; the grip seems to come in half, where a grippy layer peels up and the sticky layer stays on the board.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2015, 03:25:13 PM »

worth every penny. very comfortable, perfect for Spring/Summer.
http://freedumb-airlines.squarespace.com/

My youth was spent skating in army pants from the local army/navy. Perfect skate pants and when you blow out the knees yo make shorts.

But dayum, son. $52?

BMCsteve

« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2015, 04:35:34 AM »
Picked up these Westgates for $25 at Ross

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2015, 10:39:40 AM »
Hell of a deal for $25, Steve!
--

Box arrived early this morning hadn't the time to fully set it up. I'm on this kick of going smaller, lighter and lower (apparently I like low trucks) of late:

8.125" Cliche R7 Brezinski (Griptape series, comes with that little strip of cliche grip on the right)
MOB M-80
5.2 Venture P-Rod V-Hollow Lights HI (never ridden ventures before and these are still lower than Indy/Krux)
Autobahn 83b UF Street slims
Andele Abec 7s
7/8" Shortys Silverados
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 07:45:57 PM by Xen »

BMCsteve

« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2015, 10:46:01 AM »
Hell of a deal for $25, Steve!
--

Box arrived early this morning hadn't the time to fully set it up. I'm on this kick of going smaller, lighter and lower (apparently I like low trucks) of late:

8.125" Cliche R7 Brezinski (Griptape series, comes with that little strip of cliche grip on the right)
MOB M-80
5.2 Venture P-Rod V-Hollow Lights HI (never ridden ventures before and these are still lower than Indy/Krux)
Autobahn 783b UF Street slims
Andele Abec 7s
7/8" Shortys Silverados

DUDE.  This is nuts.  I just set this up last night before heading out on a trip to SoCal

Same deck, same grip, same trucks (mine are the standard V-Hollow Lights, not the P-Rods) and same wheels but white, same hardware and  Swiss 6 bearings

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2015, 12:08:48 PM »
Dude, I'm a little weirded out right now  :o

What are the odds? I mean seriously, what are the fucking odds this would happen? Perhaps given the amount we swap out gear it was bound to happen?

What size wheels? I had to go with 52mm for that color; almost went for 50mm in your style and swapped out the Andele Swiss for the 7s last minute. ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:19:08 PM by Xen »

dillanharp

« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2015, 12:11:28 PM »
You guys should get married.

BMCsteve

« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2015, 12:30:30 PM »
Dude, I'm a little weirded out right now  :o

What are the odds? I mean seriously, what are the fucking odds this would happen? Perhaps given the amount we swap out gear it was bound to happen?

What size wheels? I had to go with 52mm for that color; almost went for 50mm in your style and swapped out the Andele Swiss for the 7s last minute. ;)

haha pretty nuts.  wheels are 52mm as well.  Flash forward to a few months from now when we're both riding the same 9" deck with some Indy 169's and Rat Bones

Prince Nelson

« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2015, 12:46:50 PM »
Scored a pair of the high top Polar Cons on ebay yesterday for $37 shipped.

aegaetis3379

• Rep: -4
« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2015, 10:21:53 PM »

got the el goon shirt. love the loteria refrence

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #149 on: March 19, 2015, 10:52:45 PM »

got the el goon shirt. love the loteria refrence
Dude, clean that fucking bathroom! all that toothpaste /zit funk is gross as hell. Get some Mr.clean on that sink too