Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969659 times)

shit_for_brains

Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #330 on: July 12, 2015, 02:38:48 AM »
That grip looks fucked up.

yapple dapple

« Reply #331 on: July 12, 2015, 09:24:13 AM »
That grip looks fucked up.

I like your eye. It was, so I pealed it off and put on some Jessup.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:29:09 AM by yapple dapple »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #332 on: July 17, 2015, 08:15:38 PM »

TNT SGs (starting to get my ollies back higher so I need mids to protect my ankle bone! Just the fucked up way I ollie)
Shirts

Picked up the SGs in a 9.5 (usually wear a ten) as Vans break in to a half size larger, that is if the soles don't blow out first; this 9.5 is much roomier than the Crockett's. Feels good, feel like Vans, pretty stoked; they feel like skate shoes rather than payless shoes (sorry Figgys/emerica but that's what you felt like).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:21:32 PM by Xen »

BMCsteve

« Reply #333 on: July 18, 2015, 06:21:52 AM »
Nice haul!  That Skull Skates shirt is rad.  Love those dudes

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #334 on: July 18, 2015, 10:42:28 AM »
Nice haul!  That Skull Skates shirt is rad.  Love those dudes

Thanks! Pretty stoked on that shirt, had to get my daughter a new helmet so needed to fill out the order for free shipping; Socal just got a huge drop of Skull Skates stuff.

Deekay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #335 on: July 18, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »
I just ordered these:

I didn't really like them when they came out but they've grown on me and I finally found a place that had my size.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #336 on: July 18, 2015, 02:10:06 PM »
Ordered one of each colourway of the Gillette: Absolutely fantastic shoe and nowhere as thin and scary as the naysayers described.
Three sealed copies of Tent City for a ridiculously low price
Two VHS copies of Mosaic and a copy of In Bloom, both sealed, for about as much as my parents used to pay me for taking the garbage out when I was 12.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #337 on: July 19, 2015, 06:14:03 PM »
footprint dane burman insoles for $25 from amazon, hopefully they're worth it

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #338 on: July 19, 2015, 07:41:33 PM »
The OJ Toasted Tiny Wheels get the Rusty stamp of approval for manuals.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #339 on: July 19, 2015, 08:09:02 PM »
I won this deck. Just ordered some big trucks to go with it. Might be fun trying to brave the bowls with this.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 01:26:03 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #340 on: July 19, 2015, 08:15:45 PM »
I wont this deck. Just ordered some big trucks to go with it. Might be fun trying to brave the bowls with this.
Me? It's funny cuz I don't know if Joel Meinholz even skates pools at all but he's got a saint bernard skating a pool as his graphic. I'm sure he could if he wanted to but he's known as a street skater so that is funny. I wanted a cool artistic graphic and got one. We don't have bowls or anything like that where I live.

Jordick

« Reply #341 on: July 19, 2015, 08:37:31 PM »

Yo, tell me how those wheels are. Been wanting to try a set that small, cause I like small wheels. Also, I love skating from the early 90's.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #342 on: July 19, 2015, 09:24:20 PM »
Yo, tell me how those wheels are. Been wanting to try a set that small, cause I like small wheels. Also, I love skating from the early 90's.
worth the money so far but I've only skated em for like 6 hours at a skatepark. easy to hold a manny with em but i imagine they get going pretty fast going down a hill.

Mevs

• Rep: 29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #343 on: July 20, 2015, 06:06:02 AM »
Also jumped about the tiny-wheel nostalgia bandwagon recently, bought a couple of sets of 40mm Autobahn Coopers. They look comically small when set up but I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying them so far. Strictly for park use only though, there's no way I could skate across town on these things...

mhe-likes.tumblr.com
Instagram: @Mevs82

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #344 on: July 20, 2015, 06:28:46 AM »

That board's awesome, Rusty! Very nice.

Recently got a grip of boards that I'm psyched on, but wanted to post this in the meantime -  a reissue of Mike Carroll's Plan B Opus board from Big Mess. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that Carroll once had a pro board with Opus on it, and with the resurgence of Bloom County I'm even more hyped on it. I might skate this board in the future though.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #345 on: July 20, 2015, 01:24:54 PM »
Expand Quote
I wont this deck. Just ordered some big trucks to go with it. Might be fun trying to brave the bowls with this.
[close]
Me? It's funny cuz I don't know if Joel Meinholz even skates pools at all but he's got a saint bernard skating a pool as his graphic. I'm sure he could if he wanted to but he's known as a street skater so that is funny. I wanted a cool artistic graphic and got one. We don't have bowls or anything like that where I live.
whoops I wasn't referring to you, I totally messed up my post.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

BMCsteve

« Reply #346 on: July 22, 2015, 01:24:01 PM »
Also jumped about the tiny-wheel nostalgia bandwagon recently, bought a couple of sets of 40mm Autobahn Coopers. They look comically small when set up but I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying them so far. Strictly for park use only though, there's no way I could skate across town on these things...

those look amazing. can you post a couple more pics of the setup?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: July 22, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
Local shop has a set of those 40mm ABs, I checked them out, they are dayum small...I skated a set of vision blurr 2 wheels (google that shit) down to wear you could see the bearings through the 'thane. That was the one and only time I fell for that shit.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2015, 12:44:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
He has the only trick in a pool in static 4

glad i found one of these on the spot sale page

« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 12:46:40 AM by MOE SYZLAK »

BMCsteve

« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2015, 10:12:01 PM »
Vans x Anti-Hero slip on pro's to get the propeller DVD and book.  The book is really high quality.  Hard cover and great pics

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #350 on: July 25, 2015, 06:41:10 PM »
Here's my come up to go with the small wheels. It said "8.35" on the website but I measured em and they're like 9" wide so I'm stoked to get some big ass board like 9.2 or so and hopefully the baseplate don't crack like the last set of Tensor I had (which I ended up buying a second time and accidentally giving away to some girl cuz I think with my dick and not my brain)

Jordick

« Reply #351 on: July 25, 2015, 09:44:45 PM »
Here's my come up to go with the small wheels. It said "8.35" on the website but I measured em and they're like 9" wide so I'm stoked to get some big ass board like 9.2 or so and hopefully the baseplate don't crack like the last set of Tensor I had (which I ended up buying a second time and accidentally giving away to some girl cuz I think with my dick and not my brain)

those are really cool but i have no idea why

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #352 on: July 25, 2015, 10:02:51 PM »
Got some 8.75 Mini Logo trucks for the bumble bee, and a Waxing moon shape Welcome deck.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #353 on: July 25, 2015, 11:05:41 PM »
Got it autographed and a poster of Deer Man Of The Dark Woods at leeside

(knife not included)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:47:59 PM by Witcheshit »

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #354 on: July 25, 2015, 11:29:47 PM »
Shop had another skate yardsale today, came up on a Magenta X Adidas jersey, Northern Co shirt and a Deck Specks shirt all for 30$

ZEBRA

« Reply #355 on: July 26, 2015, 11:53:15 PM »
Sorry photos are so fucking big.

Got this shirt not too long ago. One of the "local" skateshops I go to. It's in parenthesis cause it's like 50 miles away from me or something crazy like that. Good times in Grass Valley, CA.

Went to the other "local" shop yesterday that I go to. Subversions in Sacramento, CA. I'm backing Doomsayers Club big time. I got the hardware and the gray and black snake shake hat in the top photo.

Also got some trucks...

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #356 on: July 27, 2015, 03:35:21 AM »
I buy way too much stuff, that said  just got a new passport longsleeve and windbreaker and a couple pairs of suede ctas'  ;D

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #357 on: July 27, 2015, 04:44:37 AM »
Sorry photos are so fucking big.

Got this shirt not too long ago. One of the "local" skateshops I go to. It's in parenthesis cause it's like 50 miles away from me or something crazy like that. Good times in Grass Valley, CA.

Went to the other "local" shop yesterday that I go to. Subversions in Sacramento, CA. I'm backing Doomsayers Club big time. I got the hardware and the gray and black snake shake hat in the top photo.

Also got some trucks...

Zebra... this is an honest to god question and I am in NO WAY criticizing your purchase... just trying to understand the allure with DoomSayers...

All they do is put out shirts/socks/crap with the same handshake logo... that's really it.  i don't understand what's so great about it.  it's a neat drawing and all, but i can't see why people would be excessively stoked on it unless you're the world's biggest Omar fan.

this whole lot of crap was less than 50 bucks.  very stoked to see Ethan's back tail shove on a hard copy... i just need Nonfiction to complete all my Real videos.  (and the Carlin shirt was from '74! and not advertised as such)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 04:52:54 AM by iwshilvdnfinland »

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #358 on: July 27, 2015, 04:53:10 AM »
I didn't notice those weren't "praying hands" like people get airbrushed on the hood of their lowrider actually.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #359 on: July 27, 2015, 11:07:37 AM »
I didn't notice those weren't "praying hands" like people get airbrushed on the hood of their lowrider actually.

I thought the same thing at first, With the iron cross it sort of puts that image into your head.