Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 975347 times)

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3690 on: October 19, 2019, 04:05:25 PM »
Expand Quote
My big boy is in the mail, hoping it will be purple stain. Oh boy, Chico’s shape on DLX wood is going to be epic. Limited AF but I doubt I’ll wall hang it
[close]

Damn, I was kinda hoping his guest board was gonna be the 8.75. Much preferable for me, and it seemed like he rode that one more often anyways.
it seems like it’s a mix between the. 8.75 and the 9.25 no? It should taper a lot but I’m tad worried on whether or not I can run it with ace 44s

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3691 on: October 20, 2019, 08:55:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My big boy is in the mail, hoping it will be purple stain. Oh boy, Chico’s shape on DLX wood is going to be epic. Limited AF but I doubt I’ll wall hang it
[close]

Damn, I was kinda hoping his guest board was gonna be the 8.75. Much preferable for me, and it seemed like he rode that one more often anyways.
[close]
it seems like it’s a mix between the. 8.75 and the 9.25 no? It should taper a lot but I’m tad worried on whether or not I can run it with ace 44s

The OG Big Boy is 9", and was perfect with 8.5" trucks, so Ace 44 should be fine especially if you push the wheels out. I stopped riding the Big Boy Jr. when they stopped making it, super bummed on Chico and Chocolate after that. Why get everyone hyped on a shape then quit making it?

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -22
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
« Reply #3692 on: October 21, 2019, 02:04:04 AM »
I went to a skate jam today and a local shop was doing 50 percent off everything. I grabbed two primitive DBZ boards for my wall. Piccolo and Perfect Cell. I already have Future Trunks, (still wanting a vegeta) I also got some 60mm green slime balls wheels. Some Bones reds and That rad Independent tool. All in all I dropped a bill on it all. Then skated the park. Good day with the girlfriend, we met up with her mom for lunch afterwards. 10/10

SHALOM

baggy spandex

« Reply #3693 on: October 21, 2019, 02:09:09 AM »
Holy fuck. Gonz has officially jumped the shark on releasing the cringiest of "graphics".

You are trippin

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3694 on: October 21, 2019, 07:09:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Holy fuck. Gonz has officially jumped the shark on releasing the cringiest of "graphics".
[close]

You are trippin

I can never side with someone who says “jumped the shark” and “cringiest”, especially in the same sentence. Even more especially, Gonz used to draw swastikas everywhere. Cats are ok.

Chaos Acoustic

« Reply #3695 on: October 23, 2019, 06:09:57 AM »
Etnies Mirana. Super comfortable. Anybody know how to keep the tongue from falling to the side in these? Also Thunder 148 team edition. I love these trucks. Great turn. No modification needed.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #3696 on: October 23, 2019, 06:37:21 AM »
I missed last year's chunk the world local exclusive cause I was out of town, and they sold out when I got back. I like the other color better, but this new color is more Atlanta since our soccer team is popular. It's a good piece for the wall.

This brings my current deck collection to 9
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 06:39:16 AM by TwisT »

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #3697 on: October 25, 2019, 07:24:48 AM »

I had to snag the whole drop. Was happy to see it all sell out in a few hours at Comfort.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

hmmmokay

« Reply #3698 on: October 26, 2019, 05:04:17 PM »

Shop didn't have F4 Conical Fulls in any size except 56mm. I've been curious about the OG Classic shape, and although I don't usually skate colored wheels, I was immediately drawn to these for some reason looking at the rest of the selection. They feel great based off of the short session I had this evening and even though they aren't F4 at least they're 99a as it is soon approaching indoor season where I live.

Edit: Also, I was gifted a pair of riptide pivot cups and they're pretty great. I've used them in Indys, and currently on Ventures and they feel very nice. Smooth and responsive.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 05:09:11 PM by hmmmokay »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #3699 on: October 27, 2019, 07:50:44 AM »
Any recommendations for a skate tool that includes a rethreader?

I'm eyeing the Reflex or Indy ones just because they seem more well built than others, but they're $25. I also don't want to cheap out and have the tool fall apart like some others I've had.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #3700 on: October 27, 2019, 08:30:17 AM »

I'm eyeing the Reflex or Indy ones just because they seem more well built than others, but they're $25. I also don't want to cheap out and have the tool fall apart like some others I've had.

FWIW I've had the same reflex tool since 2005 and it has held up magnificently. The rethreader is carbon steel so it has some oxidation/rust marks but it hasn't hand any kind of effect on the functionality.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3701 on: October 27, 2019, 09:11:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
did you get it yet? I ordered one, wondering how the 44s fit on it. I have a pair that I would like to use. I don't really want to buy a new pair of trucks for it.
No.

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #3702 on: October 27, 2019, 09:56:02 AM »
The Krooked Chico is close to if not identical to the Chocolate one he had.  I've used 151s and 44s on it. Both worked fine.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3703 on: October 27, 2019, 11:24:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

FWIW I've had the same reflex tool since 2005 and it has held up magnificently. The rethreader is carbon steel so it has some oxidation/rust marks but it hasn't hand any kind of effect on the functionality.

Good to know, thank you!

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #3704 on: October 27, 2019, 09:23:06 PM »
Not my photo but I just ordered these from Black Sheep.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #3705 on: October 27, 2019, 09:45:53 PM »

Classic colorway

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #3706 on: October 27, 2019, 10:37:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Classic colorway
Probably the best color way in any shoe ever.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3707 on: October 28, 2019, 01:48:58 PM »

I had to snag the whole drop. Was happy to see it all sell out in a few hours at Comfort.
Dang it’s a damn shame Nicky/Chris doesn’t want to do online sales.

I want to rep comfort here in Floriduh but no way I can get it here.
Dueces Bitch's

Lashes2ashes

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3708 on: October 28, 2019, 03:01:41 PM »

I have the Indy tool, two days after getting it the Allen/Phillips part broke. The weld they used for the T shape of the metal was complete garbage. The rest of the tool seems to be good though.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #3709 on: October 28, 2019, 05:17:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I have the Indy tool, two days after getting it the Allen/Phillips part broke. The weld they used for the T shape of the metal was complete garbage. The rest of the tool seems to be good though.

I have the pig tool. I think it was like $10. Full disclosure, I only got that one cause they didn’t have the reflex tool in stock.
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3710 on: October 29, 2019, 07:55:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I have the pig tool. I think it was like $10. Full disclosure, I only got that one cause they didn’t have the reflex tool in stock.

Thanks y'all - Reflex it is then.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3711 on: October 30, 2019, 02:28:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I still have my reflex tool, it's ancient, mounting hardware socket broke off first week, kept it around for the threader. I mainly use a silver tool (of which the chintzy file fell off on first use).

53mm / 99a

Nabbed these today in blk/gum

So these fallens were a fucking bust. The fit is fucking terrible.

Length = true to size (size 10)
Width in the toe box = Great

Ankle/Heel area = complete fucking disaster

Very little padding, which is fine but damn you'd need MONSTER feet to fill the ankle area; swapped out for thick footprints and fat socks and it's still loose as fuck; I can fit multiple fingers under the 'tongue' area and the heel just swims around and slips with every step.

I could not imagine skating in them as you can hardly walk around in them without feeling like you are about to slip out of them.

Compare to Vans pro slips or lakai it's like wonderbread bag shoes.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 08:16:42 PM by Xen »

Arto Saari

• Rep: 33
  • hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #3712 on: October 31, 2019, 11:46:15 AM »

Baker hat from ebay
7.875 x 31.25 Baker Reynolds 'tonal'. Kinda bummed because all the websites listed this board as an "O.G. shape, mellow concave" which would make it the only baker deck in the 7.75-7.875 range that has the mellow concave shape. Came in the mail and its the steep concave shape :( not a huge deal breaker, but the kicks are much more full on the steep shape than the mellow shape.
Mob grip. Hilariously, this is my first time betraying jessup in ~10 years and the sheet came all wrinkled and scuffed. Jessup knows.
Huf Cromer 2. Ice cold. I didn't think id like them as much as I do, especially for $50.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #3713 on: October 31, 2019, 01:11:16 PM »
Nice pick ups ^

Woos

« Reply #3714 on: October 31, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »
I just ordered an 8" Quasi Happiness deck, some MOB grip, Spitfire F4 52mm 99A Radial Slims, Bones Hardcore Hard Bushings, more Bones Speed Cream and some stickers.

I prefer 8.125 decks for my "tech" board but Quasi decided to make all of their 8.125s only 14.125 WB and 31.75" long and their 8.0s 14.25 and 32.375 long.  Seems backwards to me...

I usually ride Bones Hardcore Mediums but I'm getting a bit too much wheel bite on my Thunder 147 Hollow Lights so I'm hoping Hards will help without losing too much carve.  Also I typically rock 101-103a wheels on this board but it's about to snow this week meaning it's indoor park season so I grabbed the 99A Spits.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 10:08:41 PM by Woos »

No-pants Pee Hands

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3715 on: October 31, 2019, 10:08:30 PM »
Just got my first scumco 8.5 logo. Stoked to set that up.

Woos

« Reply #3716 on: October 31, 2019, 10:17:27 PM »
Just got my first scumco 8.5 logo. Stoked to set that up.

Nice dude.  What's the length and WB?  Also what trucks are you planning on running with it?  I'm looking to throw my first 8.5 together after winter.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1926
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3717 on: October 31, 2019, 11:48:52 PM »
Scooped up a very lightly used 2nd hand setup, barely skated with nose and tail fully intact. I was in the mood to try Thunder trucks and managed to snag the following for $110:

Deck - Habitat 8.125
Wheels - Spitfire 52mm Lock-Ins
Trucks - Thunder 148 Titanium Hi
Bearings - Bones Swiss

Even got a Silver skate tool for a grand total of $115.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #3718 on: November 01, 2019, 07:52:18 AM »
Like nuts and a squirrel.
Stockpiling F4s.
Hoping the rumors aren't true.
Either way I'm set for a few years.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #3719 on: November 01, 2019, 07:57:18 AM »
Like nuts and a squirrel.
Stockpiling F4s.
Hoping the rumors aren't true.
Either way I'm set for a few years.

I thought the 4 sets I have was over kill
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma