Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 970270 times)

Esmith5488

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #3720 on: November 01, 2019, 11:23:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Just got my first scumco 8.5 logo. Stoked to set that up.
[close]

Nice dude.  What's the length and WB?  Also what trucks are you planning on running with it?  I'm looking to throw my first 8.5 together after winter.

Also curious on the dims

Normally scumco runs 14 to 14.25 depending on the rider. The logo boards are all 14 and I think the length was around 31.6
Ran scumco pretty much all of last year. I can measure if you want

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #3721 on: November 01, 2019, 02:01:07 PM »
Like nuts and a squirrel.
Stockpiling F4s.
Hoping the rumors aren't true.
Either way I'm set for a few years.

need conical though

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #3722 on: November 01, 2019, 06:21:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Stockpiling F4s.
[close]

need conical though

I had a set. Not a fan.

hmmmokay

« Reply #3723 on: November 01, 2019, 06:40:40 PM »
Stockpiling F4s.

Hol up, what rumors?

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3724 on: November 01, 2019, 07:24:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Stockpiling F4s.

[close]

I thought the 4 sets I have was over kill

Damn you found Radials? Seems like Radials are impossible to find.  Same with 99a Conical Fulls above size 52. If I’m getting Conical Fulls it’s going to be a 99a 54mm crust buster setup so it blows not being able to find any. Tablets are ok but if I’m skating that kind of setup it’s in small midwestern towns so I’d like to actually be able to slappy...

I might stock up on some 52mm Radial Slims in both duros, 52-54mm 99a Classics, and 54mm 99a Conicals (Conical Fulls if I can find them).  Not too worried though... STF V1s and V3s are super solid for a hard techier wheel. It’s hard to find something close to as good as 99a Conical Fulls for crusty spots though.

I’m skeptical about the rumors but who knows.  F4 stock seeks to be low with everything but Classics and Tablets right now but it could be people like you stocking up causing it?  I hope.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3725 on: November 02, 2019, 01:47:44 AM »

one for dad, one for son
(also got a new deal hoodie)

thunder 149s axles seem to be pretty much flush on the Chico board as it tapers at the nose/ tail for all those who were wondering 

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #3726 on: November 02, 2019, 02:56:28 AM »

one for dad, one for son
(also got a new deal hoodie)

thunder 149s axles seem to be pretty much flush on the Chico board as it tapers at the nose/ tail for all those who were wondering

Now I know I can get that Chico board and use an old set of 149s. That was the only thing really holding me back is I didn’t want to but another set of trucks

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3727 on: November 02, 2019, 03:19:05 AM »
Neither did I, should have taken a pic to show you all, the thunder axel nuts might even stick out a tad? My Aces should work great on them. Your problem is going to be finding somewhere that has one in stock

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
« Reply #3728 on: November 02, 2019, 05:57:01 AM »
My chico should be coming today. Not sure If I'll skate it or not yet. I just set up a new welcome board so I don't have to decide right away. Got some f4 Lance Mountains too.
No.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3729 on: November 02, 2019, 06:07:41 AM »
My chico should be coming today. Not sure If I'll skate it or not yet. I just set up a new welcome board so I don't have to decide right away. Got some f4 Lance Mountains too.

rails look like they’re placed a bit more narrow toward the center of the deck. Have seen others place them closer to the edge. Purposeful or not? Just curious, never had.

padded_shorts

« Reply #3730 on: November 02, 2019, 06:27:41 AM »
rails look like they’re placed a bit more narrow toward the center of the deck. Have seen others place them closer to the edge. Purposeful or not? Just curious, never had.
[/quote]
This is actually the first set of rails I've had since 1990. I put them closer to the center because of the concave. I've seen people put them all over. One kid at the park had some in a V at the center of the board. The screws they came with were shit, though. I had to get some new ones from the hardware store. Thanks, Pig.
No.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #3731 on: November 02, 2019, 06:58:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stockpiling F4s.
[close]

need conical though
[close]

I had a set. Not a fan.

Are you concerned with urethane aging? Maybe you should seal the wheels in a foil bag. Urethane tends to age over time so I would just be concerned the wheels will be harder and duller over time.

I appreciate your preparedness though.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #3732 on: November 02, 2019, 12:30:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

with the rails as pic'd, it should be easier to do rail, hurricane, rail, feable type stuff. rails all the way on the edge, not so much. not saying can't be done though.

No-pants Pee Hands

• Rep: -2
« Reply #3733 on: November 02, 2019, 09:01:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just got my first scumco 8.5 logo. Stoked to set that up.
[close]

Nice dude.  What's the length and WB?  Also what trucks are you planning on running with it?  I'm looking to throw my first 8.5 together after winter.
[close]

Also curious on the dims

Normally scumco runs 14 to 14.25 depending on the rider. The logo boards are all 14 and I think the length was around 31.6
Ran scumco pretty much all of last year. I can measure if you want

It’s a scumco logo so 14” a rough 32 in length.Just kind of went for it to try something new. But definitely going to put my Indy 149s on it

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3734 on: November 02, 2019, 09:32:02 PM »

Got my deck and hardware today. Just waiting on everything else I ordered.

Really loving the shape and I got lucky with a crisp and mellow press.  Also the red veneer underneath is so sexy.  The contrast between the white and red is perfect.  I also love how all of the other plies are a really shiny natural pale color (besides the middle yellow one) and the top one is black.

baggy spandex

« Reply #3735 on: November 03, 2019, 11:11:14 AM »
301 and 314

padded_shorts

« Reply #3736 on: November 03, 2019, 12:06:07 PM »
No.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 940
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #3737 on: November 03, 2019, 12:41:43 PM »

Nabbed these today in blk/gum

So the Fallen Easys are a fucking bust. The fit is fucking terrible (my own fault for online ordering).

Length = true to size (size 10)
Width in the toe box = Great
Zero arch

Ankle/Heel area = complete fucking disaster

Very little padding, which is fine but damn you'd need MONSTER feet to fill the ankle/heel area; swapped out for thick footprints and fat socks and it's still loose as fuck; I can fit multiple fingers under the 'tongue' area and the heel just swims around and slips with every step.

I could not imagine skating in them as I can hardly walk around in them without feeling like I'm about to slip out I'm literally clomping around with them on like a kid wearing their dad's shoes (well not that bad but close ;).

Ordering a size down would just cramp your toes due to being too small. That said, as for being slip ones, one can indeed slip in and out of them with little effort...so they got the nomenclature correct...

Compared to Vans pro slips or lakai owens, they're like wearing wonderbread bag shoes.

--

Accidentally modified my post instead of quoting; don't want to let the fit of the Fallen easys escape those that might be interested.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 09:15:29 AM by Xen »

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3738 on: November 05, 2019, 07:20:41 AM »
8.25” flat as fuck DOA from the new drop. He sold me the one that he had set aside to keep for himself, go give that dude all your money.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3739 on: November 06, 2019, 09:14:57 AM »
somewhat skateshit related, i found a brand new baggy jeans in a thrift store courtesy of mythical and long defunct local skatebrand ayume. it's just a light blue 2000ish baggy jeans, but it comes with a big ass stash pocket and fits right and was dirt cheap. everytime someone shows up with an ayume item, all the mid 30s and older guys would inspect it like some artifact of a lost culture. it's like our illuminati skateboards, except it actually existed for some time.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #3740 on: November 06, 2019, 09:41:39 AM »
Ordered the new New Deal Useless Box. Shop said there's a glitch, and they can't send them out until it's fixed. I think the glitch is in the extras. Either way, I'm getting nervous my Chico I ordered the same time will get snatched before the video can ship. I hate not have a local to just walk in to. Makes me want to open my own lil shop, even b it it's just a pop up every weekend or something.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #3741 on: November 06, 2019, 09:51:11 AM »

58mm 99A F4 Conical Fulls & 5 sheets of Holy Sheet griptape.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #3742 on: November 06, 2019, 11:54:38 AM »
Expand Quote

Nabbed these today in blk/gum

[close]

So the Fallen Easys are a fucking bust. The fit is fucking terrible (my own fault for online ordering).

Length = true to size (size 10)
Width in the toe box = Great
Zero arch

Ankle/Heel area = complete fucking disaster

Very little padding, which is fine but damn you'd need MONSTER feet to fill the ankle/heel area; swapped out for thick footprints and fat socks and it's still loose as fuck; I can fit multiple fingers under the 'tongue' area and the heel just swims around and slips with every step.

I could not imagine skating in them as I can hardly walk around in them without feeling like I'm about to slip out I'm literally clomping around with them on like a kid wearing their dad's shoes (well not that bad but close ;).

Ordering a size down would just cramp your toes due to being too small. That said, as for being slip ones, one can indeed slip in and out of them with little effort...so they got the nomenclature correct...

Compared to Vans pro slips or lakai owens, they're like wearing wonderbread bag shoes.

--

Accidentally modified my post instead of quoting; don't want to let the fit of the Fallen easys escape those that might be interested.

This is a shame, I wonder how the other Fallen lines are doing

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #3743 on: November 06, 2019, 12:29:57 PM »
sneakers and a sweatshirt today

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3744 on: November 06, 2019, 01:47:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Stockpiling F4s.

[close]

Hol up, what rumors?
Yeah, what rumors?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #3745 on: November 06, 2019, 02:00:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Stockpiling F4s.

[close]

Hol up, what rumors?

there was a factory change or something for F4's and the production was temporarily fucked up, but a few people kind freaked out and thought F4's were done forever. i'm pretty sure this is the rumor being referred to here.
[close]
Yeah, what rumors?

Oldguy78

• Rep: -64
« Reply #3746 on: November 07, 2019, 02:01:26 AM »
Etnies Mirana. Super comfortable. Anybody know how to keep the tongue from falling to the side in these? Also Thunder 148 team edition. I love these trucks. Great turn. No modification needed.

I’ve got the same problem with mine. They’re the mid’s with the Goodyear outcomes if it makes a difference.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #3747 on: November 07, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »
just ordered 59mm rough riders and bones big balls. need a wheel for cruising to the beer store that also will work on slick concrete parks. i dont remember what cruiser wheels i had last, but it was like eight years ago and they always slid out in the sketchiest way possible at the park
🤙

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #3748 on: November 08, 2019, 01:43:55 AM »
Just got the dc tiago s on sale. So far I just walked around in them but I really hope his Next Sponsor gives him a similar Model.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #3749 on: November 08, 2019, 08:28:03 AM »

It’s a scumco logo so 14” a rough 32 in length.Just kind of went for it to try something new. But definitely going to put my Indy 149s on it

You're adapting to the Yinzer life quickly I see. Did the shop restock on boards? I might stop by this afternoon or tomorrow to grab a sheet of grip and some winter bearings.

Got an amazing box in the mail a few days ago. A delicious 8.38 square shape and 8.25 Flat as Fuck topped with a creamy white tee shirt and garnished with an almost overwhelming amount of stickers. DOA never disappoints but he really outdid himself this time.