Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 975057 times)

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #4230 on: February 22, 2020, 03:05:59 AM »
^
Maxallure Is still distributed by Baker Boys? If that's there case it might me BBS if not you always have the option to hit Karl on IG but don't forget to do it like a man.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #4231 on: February 22, 2020, 08:23:16 AM »
Bought a theragun percussion massager. Homie has had one for a few months and I’ve felt the immediate results during and after a long session so I figured having it day to day would only benefit me. Plus after a 5 hour session the next day is HELL

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #4232 on: February 22, 2020, 09:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Had to get it being Israeli. Going on the wall.

[close]

What's the WB on their wider boards?

Just slighty over 14". Prob 14.15"

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4233 on: February 22, 2020, 10:12:14 AM »
I got some riptide pivot cups and I’m gonna put them in my Ventures.

I have enough decks/trucks on hand to easily get me through 2020 and I’m really trying to avoid any new purchase until this shit is used up. So instead of buying some Destructos I will just never get around to using I bought $18 pivot cups. I’m patting myself on the back for compromising.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #4234 on: February 22, 2020, 10:19:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My birthday slippers that should be on my doorstep early next week

[close]
nice work on both accounts. Post up pictures when they arrive. I’ve been messing around with it as well.
[close]
Thanks man, I messed around at night for about a week before I decided on this one. I will put some pictures up asap.

Do the Janoski slip-ons have the issue where you rip the elastic part easily skating? Like vans slip-ons.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4235 on: February 22, 2020, 10:36:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
nice work on both accounts. Post up pictures when they arrive. I’ve been messing around with it as well.
[close]
Thanks man, I messed around at night for about a week before I decided on this one. I will put some pictures up asap.
[close]

Do the Janoski slip-ons have the issue where you rip the elastic part easily skating? Like vans slip-ons.
Not sure..I will tell you in a few days,I have only skated Van's and Straye (yeah..yeah I know) slip ons. I cover that area with shoe goo after a little while if I'm on a heelflip kick,which I usually am not.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 10:42:02 AM by Seventyfrigginseven »

tyshoes

« Reply #4236 on: February 22, 2020, 10:59:39 AM »
My full haul came in. I grabbed 5 decks during the president day sale and kept the numbers one to ride. The rest of these are going up the on wall and will be skated later. All 8.3-8.75

If curious, heres a pic of a few of these shapes.

To be honest. I wanted to skate the Polar but preferred the Welcome which had the same shape just a little wider but the Koston numbers (not in pic) had the best shape to me.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #4237 on: February 22, 2020, 11:29:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
Not sure..I will tell you in a few days,I have only skated Van's and Straye (yeah..yeah I know) slip ons. I cover that area with shoe goo after a little while if I'm on a heelflip kick,which I usually am not.

Thanks man, I think I just ollie weird cause I burn through that area of my shoes, even when I'm not on a heelflip tip. I had some Lakai owen slip ons that I tried to keep together with shoe go but since the elastic part wasn't triple stitched or stitched far enough under the tongue it eventually totally separated from the shoe so I'd have to sow it back together otherwise it falls off my foot when I kickflip. Anyways yeah let us know how it goes

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #4238 on: February 22, 2020, 11:32:44 AM »
What company makes grip tape with plain white backing?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4239 on: February 23, 2020, 03:07:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

I would say no, thee pair I had was super good
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #4240 on: February 23, 2020, 04:33:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
I would say no, thee pair I had was super good
That's great to hear especially when figuring the cost of them! $$$

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #4241 on: February 23, 2020, 05:14:34 PM »

Wanted to try this Chilean brand for a while.
Yes, there is no need to point how Quasi-esque this thing is but is kinda challenging to find 8.5 in here + the shape seems perfect for me: nice big round 7" nose, 14.25 WB and a tail that's is almost identical to the nose @ 6.5 + a 32.2 length.
There is no need to say because is local brand the pricing is way more friendly than foreign options.
Just by the looks it seems extremely similar to Real.
Also an interesting thing about this one is that I believe this brand presses their own stuff in here.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 05:16:25 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #4242 on: February 23, 2020, 06:04:25 PM »

Grabbed these for $25 from the DC sale a week or two ago and they got here last night. Feel pretty good, I was looking for a lightweight vulc with a little more padding than my vans AV rapidweld lites and these seem to fit the bill. Insole is really comfy but thin, although it seems like there's a lot of padding built into the footbed. Tread looks nice and the sole is pretty flexible right out of the box so I doubt there's going to be much of a break-in period.  I don't think I've ever skated a DC vulc, so I'm looking forward to trying them out today.

i literally tried 1 flatground kickflip, bailed, and hurt my heel. its a shame shame bc they look sick and look like theyd last a long ass time as well

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #4243 on: February 24, 2020, 12:56:31 AM »

it would look great on a wall next to these beauties

if the chief rabbinate ever hears about this board Darkstar is going to get the harshest C&D ever, they dont fuck around with people using kosher stamps.
שלום

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #4244 on: February 24, 2020, 01:08:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

if the chief rabbinate ever hears about this board Darkstar is going to get the harshest C&D ever, they dont fuck around with people using kosher stamps.
שלום

The Shalom-iest of boards, TK bless.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #4245 on: February 24, 2020, 06:19:16 PM »

This is as close as I’ll get to buying Timbs, and it was from the dc sale for $22.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

tyshoes

« Reply #4246 on: February 24, 2020, 06:24:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

שלום

Nice! Imma follow and def grab one of those. The board said it was actually blessed by a Rabbi and meets criteria

Where did the Shalom thing on this board come from? Im new to SLAP n old af. Search didnt really help

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #4247 on: February 24, 2020, 07:55:16 PM »

This is as close as I’ll get to buying Timbs, and it was from the dc sale for $22.

Oh those are nice!
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4248 on: February 25, 2020, 12:53:07 AM »

Nice! Imma follow and def grab one of those. The board said it was actually blessed by a Rabbi and meets criteria

Where did the Shalom thing on this board come from? Im new to SLAP n old af. Search didnt really help
theres no way they paid to get a legit kosher stamp, and what is the criteria for a kosher board anyway? they would probably have to make a separate production line that doesnt operate on shabbat, pay a parasitic rabbi to sit there all day "supervising" (while getting paid a shit ton), have jewish workers and use supervised glues and paint and who knows what else.
the rabbinate is a corrupt money grabbing organization that operates like the mob so i guess it gives you mobbed kickflips?
as an israeli i would never think about putting something like that on my wall haha
Shalom came from slaps lord and savior, TK.
שלום
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 01:00:05 AM by eranka »

satan

« Reply #4249 on: February 25, 2020, 01:14:40 AM »
Wait wait wait
Is someone gonna EAT that kosher board?
Cuz I'm pretty sure kosher just applies to food..
Now if you guys were talking about halal then you might be about to talk about halal products..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosher_foods

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashrut

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal

eranka

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4250 on: February 25, 2020, 03:46:01 AM »
i guess by definition kosher only refers to food, but the kosher stamp is a money making business and can be used by businesses to promote itself with the religious crowd. now they give approval to alot of stuff like kosher internet and kosher light bulbs. im sure that if you paid enough even pork will be kosher with how corrupt they are.
i like discussing kosher laws with Satan

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #4251 on: February 25, 2020, 08:51:54 AM »

Vans chino glide pro, very nice. The fit is great and they are very comfortable. The interior shoelace belt is a smart idea. Looking forward to skating in them soon!

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #4252 on: February 25, 2020, 09:13:07 AM »
Not really skated related what so ever, but I bought this Allen Iverson 1996-97 Mitchell and Ness Sixer's jersey. I typically refrain from buying myself expensive things but I always wanted an Iverson jersey and this jersey was marked down from 260 to 130 at the place I found it. I probably wouldn't of gone through with buying it if my wife didn't really push for me to get it.

https://www.mitchellandness.com/allen-iverson-1996-97-authentic-jersey-philadelphia-76ers-3B2

I can't really tell if I regret it yet, because it's expensive and it's February so I won't wear it any time soon. It's still sick though.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 122
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4253 on: February 25, 2020, 09:19:09 AM »
Not really skated related what so ever, but I bought this Allen Iverson 1996-97 Mitchell and Ness Sixer's jersey. I typically refrain from buying myself expensive things but I always wanted an Iverson jersey and this jersey was marked down from 260 to 130 at the place I found it. I probably wouldn't of gone through with buying it if my wife didn't really push for me to get it.

https://www.mitchellandness.com/allen-iverson-1996-97-authentic-jersey-philadelphia-76ers-3B2

I can't really tell if I regret it yet, because it's expensive and it's February so I won't wear it any time soon. It's still sick though.
Can’t go wrong with The Answer bro. Dude was my favorite PG growing up

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4254 on: February 25, 2020, 09:33:20 AM »

Vans chino glide pro, very nice. The fit is great and they are very comfortable. The interior shoelace belt is a smart idea. Looking forward to skating in them soon!
want a pair. damn just saw the brown for $33 at the Z. Does the waist fit normal, or snug like dickies?   

tyshoes

« Reply #4255 on: February 25, 2020, 09:38:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
theres no way they paid to get a legit kosher stamp, and what is the criteria for a kosher board anyway? they would probably have to make a separate production line that doesnt operate on shabbat, pay a parasitic rabbi to sit there all day "supervising" (while getting paid a shit ton), have jewish workers and use supervised glues and paint and who knows what else.
the rabbinate is a corrupt money grabbing organization that operates like the mob so i guess it gives you mobbed kickflips?
as an israeli i would never think about putting something like that on my wall haha
Shalom came from slaps lord and savior, TK.
שלום

Doggie Its just a gimmick and all they said was a rabbi blessed it. Probably not. Kosher skateboards dont make any sense amd we know that. I am not religious so it doesnt bother me. Its chillin on the wall.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4256 on: February 25, 2020, 12:13:08 PM »

Almost got those on Friday. Wasn’t sure if they were any good so I skipped it. Might cop

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4257 on: February 25, 2020, 12:16:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
want a pair. damn just saw the brown for $33 at the Z. Does the waist fit normal, or snug like dickies?   

Dude gnar’d for the big Z tip

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4258 on: February 25, 2020, 12:24:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

shalom. Great deal. Had I not grabbed some brown volcom pants a month ago I’d be all over. How many brown pants does one need? Prefer black

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4259 on: February 25, 2020, 12:35:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
shalom. Great deal. Had I not grabbed some brown volcom pants a month ago I’d be all over. How many brown pants does one need? Prefer black
I just ordered a dark chocolate pair of Volcom’s yesterday. I prefer brown over black and ripped my last pair so I’m game to get a few