Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969873 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5130 on: August 01, 2020, 12:55:45 PM »
Just dropped hammer on my first set of hollow trucks since g&s made trucks in the 80s.

Set of 5. 6 hollows.
 I am stockpiling black beans pasta and trucks.

And I forget to get wheels but That's ok.

No one in Boston but maybe me is going to ride a 56mm GREY radial. Too bad they ain't 101s and 58mm then I'd say set in stone they will be mine there next board order if I can't score a natural 101a 55 Connie's or better yet the silver classics.

I got to be 54 to 58. It's important

I like neck hands styles in real life. He's got like a spooky almost Rock Bottom style.

The Character and Chains are fresh

Those neck graphics should sell the swirls for sure.

Maybe I'll get lucky no one will want a big hard wheel.

Got an AH 8.28. I'm not going to lie I'm shook about changing shapes.

I missed all the FL drop.
When I saw the graphics I was like yep. I'm definitely going to miss that.

I just hope future drops will be closer to like the 1st of the month. Maybe like the 5th just in case.

I got a couple rolls of mogwai grip.

One will be for immediate illustration.

I'm thinking about making a serious effort this time that has no land marks.

I got to break superstitious behaviors. I usually don't mark my grip till my board speaks to me.

After I went to Roachdales today it said hey ass flea you feeling down?
See that spot?

Now add a heel flip to that nollie shuv you stupid bitch. Boom I got the nollie shuv heels back. Check off another not since 02 trick.

I got a sick cellar door pin. I'm really lit on that.

That's going to be a rare combo. TOA pin on vest with a 600+ stud count. I should use cellar door samples in my next noise thingy.

I love it when People notice important non music shit on my stuff.
That's a great way to find skate buds.

I hope someone is like nice pin. Want to go bang on cellar doors?

Lemme get my mask and a dictaphone. Let's fucking go make some noise.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Deekay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #5131 on: August 01, 2020, 01:35:49 PM »
Expand Quote

It's not as square but the WKND Sablone boards are like a "full shape" 7.75..

I wish more companies used that square PS tooling for smaller sizes. I used to skate those and they were amazing but a little tricky to get in 7.875 or 8 now. I remember when FA first came out, the Dill board had that shape and 31.25" long.. The shape looks amazing and fun but I never skated it as I knew I'd regret it.
[close]

For whatever reason when I've looked at 8" wknd decks in the shop even the "square" ones seem pointier to me. I wish they would go back to the old mold/dimensions, especially for the 8.25. I emailed them about it a few months back and they said they haven't actually changed molds and attributed the change to PS resurfacing the mold but I don't think that's totally correct. The nose is totally different on the new ones, it's a little bit shorter and nowhere near as steep. I still like them a lot, but the switch from 31.5 to 31.75 and different nose has taken them out of the "must buy" category for me.

That's why I'm pretty stoked about this Snack - although it's still a bit longer than I would prefer and it's not the same size/shape nose it still reminds me of the old WKNDs when I look down at it. I'm curious if the newer square nosed Snack models are the same shape. All the ones my local shop had have been the round nose but the dimensions they have listed are the same as this one so maybe they're still making these.

That's weird, I haven't skated a PS in a long time but the ones online definitely don't look the same as they did about 5-6 years ago in the pictures I've seen.

I feel like they (WKND) must have changed them unless PS changed all the molds/tooling super recently, I think this Habitat series is from last fall/winter and they were all pretty square, this one is an 8.125:

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #5132 on: August 01, 2020, 03:28:02 PM »
Waiting to see all the Pals post their recent NB Numeric 440 purchases starting next week 😏
Super Champion Fun Zone

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #5133 on: August 01, 2020, 03:57:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

It's not as square but the WKND Sablone boards are like a "full shape" 7.75..

I wish more companies used that square PS tooling for smaller sizes. I used to skate those and they were amazing but a little tricky to get in 7.875 or 8 now. I remember when FA first came out, the Dill board had that shape and 31.25" long.. The shape looks amazing and fun but I never skated it as I knew I'd regret it.
[close]

For whatever reason when I've looked at 8" wknd decks in the shop even the "square" ones seem pointier to me. I wish they would go back to the old mold/dimensions, especially for the 8.25. I emailed them about it a few months back and they said they haven't actually changed molds and attributed the change to PS resurfacing the mold but I don't think that's totally correct. The nose is totally different on the new ones, it's a little bit shorter and nowhere near as steep. I still like them a lot, but the switch from 31.5 to 31.75 and different nose has taken them out of the "must buy" category for me.

That's why I'm pretty stoked about this Snack - although it's still a bit longer than I would prefer and it's not the same size/shape nose it still reminds me of the old WKNDs when I look down at it. I'm curious if the newer square nosed Snack models are the same shape. All the ones my local shop had have been the round nose but the dimensions they have listed are the same as this one so maybe they're still making these.
[close]

That's weird, I haven't skated a PS in a long time but the ones online definitely don't look the same as they did about 5-6 years ago in the pictures I've seen.

I feel like they (WKND) must have changed them unless PS changed all the molds/tooling super recently, I think this Habitat series is from last fall/winter and they were all pretty square, this one is an 8.125:

i skated only habitat and workshop a couple years ago, when they all were made at PS, still i felt like the molds changed a bit over time. usually i had 8,125 with some like 14 maybe 14,25 wheelbase at 31,78 long, when they switched to BBS they were the same but 32 long with sometime a longer wheelbase (like 14,5 on a yeje pro model wich mighta been his dimensions?), right now alien and habitat are perfect to me, back so the old shape and size, wood feeling great, rode a bbs and PS made one back to back, same shape no difference!

i do not know exactly what i wanna say about weekend boards really, but feel like some brands use some different shapes/ molds some seasons due to whatever reason really?

also remember FA and hockey going from one season flat as fuck to steep as all fuck with the next, still being produced by the same woodshop.....
make of that info what you will...

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5134 on: August 01, 2020, 04:07:21 PM »

Darkroom 8x31.875
35th Ave sketchy skateshop appreciation shirt and the 35th Ave Lotties shirt
fuck you bama

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1094
« Reply #5135 on: August 01, 2020, 04:47:45 PM »

Darkroom 8x31.875

Perfect

Seventyfrigginseven

« Reply #5136 on: August 01, 2020, 04:53:08 PM »

Darkroom 8x31.875
Very nice

Ticallion Stallion

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5137 on: August 01, 2020, 06:02:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Be still my teenage heart.
[close]
I wanted to setup a 8.25 for a while, now I have the perfect excuse.
Can't wait for that one to arrive in here

This a wall hanger for me, if I can find it
some day that little girl will enter the anals of skateboarding too.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5138 on: August 01, 2020, 06:21:42 PM »
Expand Quote

Sold my last motorcycle yesterday :( so I bought some stuff (mostly from shops/companies I love supporting), and put the rest towards a puppy for the family. Very exited about the swiss bearings as I have always just ran reds.
[close]
Damn those Reebok's look nice af

Good choices

Respect
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

OldGrayandMongo

• Rep: 10
« Reply #5139 on: August 01, 2020, 07:28:56 PM »
Damn, I wanted that 35th tee in that green but they were sold out in L.  Score!

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #5140 on: August 02, 2020, 05:17:45 AM »
I already had a couple of these gradient stain decks, but was keeping them as wall boards so I decided to snag one to actually skate this time.

8.25" Scumco Brian Downey (silver spoon concave)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5141 on: August 02, 2020, 07:17:02 AM »
Rainbow stain is badass

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #5142 on: August 02, 2020, 07:30:10 AM »
Bought a janky second hand setup with Destruco Bam Glow in the Dark Truck, Hook Up wheels that were so old they were orange and cracking and bearing that wouldn't spin, just so I could get my hands on this Rob Welsh board:

Not the best condition but I love the guys skating, first magazine I ever had was a Thrasher with him as the main interview just around the time Ride or Dye came out. The grip was a pain to peel off but I'm happy to get this one added to my collection.

Damn dude, great find on that deck! Wish I could track one down for the wall.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

alecjahr

• Rep: -108
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5143 on: August 02, 2020, 07:34:59 AM »
do people oh the west side of the country fuck with dark room?

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #5144 on: August 02, 2020, 12:07:58 PM »
do people oh the west side of the country fuck with dark room?
Finding out it was Pendleton, I immediately was down with it!
Graphics and shapes look so appealing to me! Reminds me of 2000s AWS but still unique in this current board graphic climate. Funny enough, Primitive had a run with Pendleton and they were some of my favorite graphics from them, but that's not saying much about Primitive since they've had plenty of hits and misses.
Super Champion Fun Zone

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #5145 on: August 03, 2020, 10:56:33 AM »
I already had a couple of these gradient stain decks, but was keeping them as wall boards so I decided to snag one to actually skate this time.

beauty

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #5146 on: August 03, 2020, 11:04:11 AM »

Dude I would love to find one of these in a 8 with a 14 inch wheelbase like the old days. Love kiddie pool and silver spoon concaves

Junglist

« Reply #5147 on: August 03, 2020, 11:46:23 AM »
Do they still make the kiddie pool and deep dishes? I remember somebody posted pics of their deep dish years ago and it was unlike any other board I’ve seen.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #5148 on: August 03, 2020, 05:10:40 PM »
Do they still make the kiddie pool and deep dishes? I remember somebody posted pics of their deep dish years ago and it was unlike any other board I’ve seen.
The run on ps didn’t do it but I assume the current pennswpod run does. Deep dish was wild

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #5149 on: August 03, 2020, 07:03:00 PM »
I haven't bought any gear a bit but I did have to pull the trigger on that AR reaper re-issue about a week ago.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5150 on: August 03, 2020, 08:33:54 PM »
I haven't bought any gear a bit but I did have to pull the trigger on that AR reaper re-issue about a week ago.

Seems like they are sold out everywhere online.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FS-OverKOOK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #5151 on: August 03, 2020, 08:50:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they were but I was just browsing skate warehouse randomly and they were there - I grabbed one and went back the next day thinking I should grab one to skate and they were gone. They probably had a delay getting them from baker boys

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5152 on: August 04, 2020, 08:16:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
they were but I was just browsing skate warehouse randomly and they were there - I grabbed one and went back the next day thinking I should grab one to skate and they were gone. They probably had a delay getting them from baker boys
I held out hoping they would do the AR reaper 3 re issue at some point. Hoping it pays off...

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #5153 on: August 04, 2020, 08:26:24 AM »
Got these éS Symbol on sale. Been enjoying éS shoes a lot and I like the look of these  :)

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #5154 on: August 04, 2020, 09:11:34 AM »
Some shops are still waiting for their shipments - east coast shops are getting theirs now. Hopefully a pal can catch this one before the end of the day.
https://blacksheepskateshop.com/products/baker-andrew-reynolds-reaper-1-deck-8-25

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5155 on: August 04, 2020, 10:20:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Some shops are still waiting for their shipments - east coast shops are getting theirs now. Hopefully a pal can catch this one before the end of the day.
https://blacksheepskateshop.com/products/baker-andrew-reynolds-reaper-1-deck-8-25

Good looking out brah
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #5156 on: August 04, 2020, 10:27:49 AM »
some oj mini super juices and ooh baby I'm liking them so far. fast as hell, smooth as fuck, but small enough to do fun shit with. I live in a crusty ass area so these are necessary for cruisin and hitten shit up. had spitfire speed charges before, as I've always been a spitfire guy. still will swear by the formula fours for decent spots/parks, but for hitting up my crusty ass streets these ojs mini super juices are incredible.

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #5157 on: August 04, 2020, 11:25:46 AM »
Vans Chima 2. Sole has already gotten loose on my switch foot. In the toe area.
First time skating vans, and looks like it will be the last. Skated them 5 sessions

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5158 on: August 04, 2020, 11:28:11 AM »
Vans Chima 2. Sole has already gotten loose on my switch foot. In the toe area.
First time skating vans, and looks like it will be the last. Skated them 5 sessions
Those haven't gotten the most rave reviews.

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5159 on: August 05, 2020, 05:51:27 AM »
some oj mini super juices and ooh baby I'm liking them so far. fast as hell, smooth as fuck, but small enough to do fun shit with. I live in a crusty ass area so these are necessary for cruisin and hitten shit up. had spitfire speed charges before, as I've always been a spitfire guy. still will swear by the formula fours for decent spots/parks, but for hitting up my crusty ass streets these ojs mini super juices are incredible.

They are super fun to skate, especially the mini which makes tricks that much easier!

I’m waiting on the post man to deliver a set of Thunder hollow light 148’s. I got the 149’s on a bigger board, and after years of riding Indy’s i think im now a convert to thunders.