Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 973838 times)

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5310 on: September 16, 2020, 01:51:51 PM »
That was fast

new wheels are the besttt those loopholes the classic shape? damn that white leather looks really nice on the cons

white guy in a durag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #5311 on: September 16, 2020, 01:57:49 PM »
Those one stars are gorgeous.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #5312 on: September 16, 2020, 02:16:42 PM »

kinda bummed on this

had to do an "order online/pickup in person" from my local.  i have a weird pet peeve where i hate when boards are screened on plain white wood.  i need a nice looking wood grain, or paint over colored wood.  so it looked like red wood grain in the pic, but when i picked it up is that shitty heat transfer over white wood, and the wood feels really light like a price point.  first Tum Yeto board in about 20 years, and might be the last one for a while. 

tldr: i got catfished by covid
Where ya at? I’ve heard TM boards outside US are some chinese shitty wood these days.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5313 on: September 16, 2020, 02:32:02 PM »
Expand Quote

kinda bummed on this

had to do an "order online/pickup in person" from my local.  i have a weird pet peeve where i hate when boards are screened on plain white wood.  i need a nice looking wood grain, or paint over colored wood.  so it looked like red wood grain in the pic, but when i picked it up is that shitty heat transfer over white wood, and the wood feels really light like a price point.  first Tum Yeto board in about 20 years, and might be the last one for a while. 

tldr: i got catfished by covid
[close]
Where ya at? I’ve heard TM boards outside US are some chinese shitty wood these days.

Yea I’ve read and heard that elsewhere as well. I’ve never had any problems with them in the past. In fact I like em a lot.

I know they do have cheaper price points, but thought they were only on their completes you can buy.

Maybe they switch all team decks to something else, with pro models and special runs the good stuff.

Or Covid fucked the supply and they took what they could get? Does that even happen?

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #5314 on: September 16, 2020, 06:38:38 PM »
Ordered a new deck and when it arrived the box was retaped and the deck was missing... grip was still in there though. Grabbed a baker from the local since I think this is the last week I will have with my current deck.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 852
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5315 on: September 16, 2020, 06:56:15 PM »
another 8.5 fa/hockey shape, looks like its gonna be my go to until future notice.

Managed to break my arm last month slash grinding a curb of all things; still got a couple more weeks until I can get back on the board, but I've got my celebratory almost-christmas complete ready for my return.

Polar '92 Bethlehem
NFG 56mm Vs from the factory second sale
Big balls
Rib bones
1/8" lucky risers
Thunder 1" all hardware with green indicators

For the truck sommeliers curious about the '92, the board is 8.25" over the back truck and 8.75" over the front truck
how are you liking it? i see mixed reviews for that shape on slap but it cant escape my "to try" list
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #5316 on: September 16, 2020, 07:25:54 PM »
another 8.5 fa/hockey shape, looks like its gonna be my go to until future notice.

Expand Quote
Managed to break my arm last month slash grinding a curb of all things; still got a couple more weeks until I can get back on the board, but I've got my celebratory almost-christmas complete ready for my return.

Polar '92 Bethlehem
NFG 56mm Vs from the factory second sale
Big balls
Rib bones
1/8" lucky risers
Thunder 1" all hardware with green indicators

For the truck sommeliers curious about the '92, the board is 8.25" over the back truck and 8.75" over the front truck
[close]
how are you liking it? i see mixed reviews for that shape on slap but it cant escape my "to try" list
Havent set it up yet, I got about 3 more weeks before my arm is healed up enough to skate again, but just doing carpet tricks it feels great. Concave is very mellow but the kicks are still nice and steep. Comparing it to the Hockey 8.5 I was riding, I really appreciate the slightly longer tail and the extra standing room up front. I'll update you when I actually get a chance to ride it.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1920
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5317 on: September 16, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »
Ordered a new deck and when it arrived the box was retaped and the deck was missing... grip was still in there though. Grabbed a baker from the local since I think this is the last week I will have with my current deck.

Fucking lame, hope you still managed to get a replacement.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #5318 on: September 16, 2020, 07:41:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fucking lame, hope you still managed to get a replacement.
Unfortunately it was from visit which has 0 decks in an 8” but it’s all good. Just got real comfortable on that shape and I’m hoping this baker ends up being lose enough

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5319 on: September 16, 2020, 09:10:03 PM »
Down here in Chile, like pretty much any other place, to find F4 is almost impossible. I found some 54mm conical fulls 99 mash ups... 2 yellow and 2 blue, I guess it could be worse and at least on photo they don't look that bad
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 04:52:49 AM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

sadnocomply

• Rep: 122
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5320 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:49 PM »
Vans x Quasi Crockett high white/blue

Swiss 6

Quasi Gilly blue acid ply 8.25

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5321 on: September 18, 2020, 04:54:06 AM »
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5322 on: September 18, 2020, 05:56:22 AM »
those are for sale already??

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #5323 on: September 18, 2020, 07:11:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they are on parade world

sadnocomply

• Rep: 122
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #5324 on: September 18, 2020, 08:16:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
yessir shoutout no comply atx

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #5325 on: September 18, 2020, 04:55:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
8.25 Twin Tail

[close]

want to try one of these but hate bbs wood
[close]
First time reading that someone hates bbs

I don't hate it but would rather skate DSM wood over BBS; after DSM wood everything else feels waterlogged.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #5326 on: September 18, 2020, 06:40:40 PM »
Expand Quote
That was fast

[close]
new wheels are the besttt those loopholes the classic shape? damn that white leather looks really nice on the cons

I'm very sick I'm having trouble answering this stuff. So if it's not in english I apologize. I'm I'll as fuck...

Yes. They are classic shape. I'm a little worried that they might be needing custom size spacers. The cores look very narrow as is the riding surface.

The shoe is nice. I'm going to paint them tho
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1920
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5327 on: September 18, 2020, 10:23:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
8.25 Twin Tail

[close]

want to try one of these but hate bbs wood
[close]
First time reading that someone hates bbs
[close]

I don't hate it but would rather skate DSM wood over BBS; after DSM wood everything else feels waterlogged.

You can hear a DSM board a mile away, it snaps sounds very hollow and almost like a rattle. Not ridden a DSM board in a while but I would grab an Impact deck if I could get one on discount.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #5328 on: September 19, 2020, 11:19:00 AM »
Got an 8.3whatever AH Gerwer and some DC Lynx Zeros coming. Never skated an AH...hope I dont hate these shoes tho

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5329 on: September 19, 2020, 09:48:30 PM »
After liking my benchwarmers so much, I went ahead and ordered some of the 44mm Fat Bundts too.

FakieDisaster

• Rep: 25
  • old leg
« Reply #5330 on: September 20, 2020, 03:23:21 AM »

Polar Skate Co Boserio 8.125

Finally got myself to change to BBS wood after not so satisfying PS stix this year. Sized down a bit from 8.25.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 08:37:24 PM by FakieDisaster »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 573
« Reply #5331 on: September 20, 2020, 07:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was fast

[close]
[close]

I'm very sick I'm having trouble answering this stuff. So if it's not in english I apologize. I'm I'll as fuck...

Yes. They are classic shape. I'm a little worried that they might be needing custom size spacers. The cores look very narrow as is the riding surface.

I might be wrong, but a normal sized spacer should work fine on narrow cores, right? If the cores were too wide, the bearings and spacer would not be in contact, whereas if the core was too narrow the spacer would still be in contact with the bearings and would (ideally) keep them in position instead of the core?

It’s possible I don’t understand spacers.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #5332 on: September 20, 2020, 08:14:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was fast

[close]
[close]

[close]

I might be wrong, but a normal sized spacer should work fine on narrow cores, right? If the cores were too wide, the bearings and spacer would not be in contact, whereas if the core was too narrow the spacer would still be in contact with the bearings and would (ideally) keep them in position instead of the core?

Spacers do nothing unless you tighten the wheels down.

If you are tightening the wheels down, why?

If indeed the core of the wheel is narrow and you are using spacers, but not tightening the wheel down, you are probably doing more harm than good.

There's really no need to use spacers for street/park skating. Longboarding or cruising, maybe.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 573
« Reply #5333 on: September 20, 2020, 08:43:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was fast

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

If indeed the core of the wheel is narrow and you are using spacers, but not tightening the wheel down, you are probably doing more harm than good.

There's really no need to use spacers for street/park skating. Longboarding or cruising, maybe.

Because I hate the way wheel play feels when I’m riding down a hill, especially switch. It feels like something’s banging around down there, slowing me down. It’s probably all in my head, though. Otherwise, I agree with you.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5334 on: September 20, 2020, 11:29:29 AM »
Just ordered the Veer Slip ons and a creature cold press. I have been skating the wino G6 slip on and DLX 8.25-8.5 for years. Heard the cold press were crispy and was too curious about the cupsole slip with the Michelin sole.

Yewwman

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5335 on: September 20, 2020, 12:51:46 PM »
AH Eagle 8.75
Rowan pro’s
Its been really difficult to find bigger decks(except polar) lately, so im pretty stoked rn.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5336 on: September 20, 2020, 07:57:42 PM »
Just ordered the Veer Slip ons and a creature cold press. I have been skating the wino G6 slip on and DLX 8.25-8.5 for years. Heard the cold press were crispy and was too curious about the cupsole slip with the Michelin sole.

I wanna get the veer slip but I got some 440s on ice and idk if I need another pair of shoes but damn I want them real bad

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5337 on: September 20, 2020, 08:18:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was fast

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Because I hate the way wheel play feels when I’m riding down a hill, especially switch. It feels like something’s banging around down there, slowing me down. It’s probably all in my head, though. Otherwise, I agree with you.

I like a little movement in the wheels. No way I can ride them tightened all the way down. 1-2mm of play for sure. A little jiggle.

Friend has them cranked down and it doesn’t feel good in my opinion. Feels dead and weird.

However I’ve always liked a little wiggle so who cares.

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #5338 on: September 20, 2020, 08:47:07 PM »

Grabbed a set of bones filmers, 54mm 80a. Putting them on an 8.12 deck w/ indy 144s for local crusty streets
Currently skating spitfire F4 classics 52mm 99a at the park.
Also picked up some tablets in 53mm to use next for the park. never tried tablets.
Photo of all 3 for size/shape comparison

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5339 on: September 20, 2020, 11:41:30 PM »

I ordered a couple Loveletters shirts and button pack from Six Stair a couple weeks ago. I knew I’d regret it if Buddy stopped printing them and I waited forever to order them
fuck you bama