Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 974475 times)

GoldenGateHeights

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 16
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5370 on: September 26, 2020, 05:19:17 PM »
NOS Skate Mental Reese Forbes deck - not sure if I'm going to wall or skate this.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5371 on: September 26, 2020, 07:31:34 PM »

decided to bump up to an 8.5.  I hope it works for me, because I kinda stocked up (have an 8.5 Quasi on the way too).

Went kinda ham on the Crocketts too.  wanted the green Quasi version, but can't justify a 4th pair.

really wish wheel companies would lay off of the horrible graphics and just make white wheels with a small logo
Bones makes STF blanks.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #5372 on: September 26, 2020, 07:44:49 PM »
Bought a bunch of shoes, few vans (those new crocket low green/dark gum are so sick), Nike GT lows, and an element flat bar.
ok thanks

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1923
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5373 on: September 27, 2020, 01:06:26 AM »
Bought a bunch of shoes, few vans (those new crocket low green/dark gum are so sick), Nike GT lows, and an element flat bar.

Better find a way to secure the feet with rubber pads, heard that thing shifts like crazy.

2 tubes of Shoe Goo, I flick and drag hard so my sides wear out way faster than my sole or heel. Feel wasteful to toss out shoes while the sole is still good.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #5374 on: September 27, 2020, 04:29:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Better find a way to secure the feet with rubber pads, heard that thing shifts like crazy.

2 tubes of Shoe Goo, I flick and drag hard so my sides wear out way faster than my sole or heel. Feel wasteful to toss out shoes while the sole is still good.

Shoegoo is the truth. I throw on a layer every 2 or 3 sessions and my shoes last months.

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #5375 on: September 27, 2020, 06:59:05 AM »
4 pairs of Joslins. 5 sets of trucks: 2 pairs of indy 149 from that recent daddies sale,  ace 44s and 55s, thunder 151. Multiple varieties of risers, mounting hardware, bearings, bushings. Shop T's. A Powell Ray Barbee ragdoll cards shirt. And some pig rails. I took my rails off a new deal board back in '91 or so, and haven't had any since.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5376 on: September 27, 2020, 07:43:12 AM »
I don't throw away shoes. I work with the homeless for a living and have some disposable income.
If I buy a pair of shoes and I dont like them, or I get an ollie hole, I make sure one of the local shelters gets them to someone with a size 13.
Last resort is Salvation Army.
ok thanks

trash

• Rep: 15
« Reply #5377 on: September 27, 2020, 07:44:22 AM »

Just got going on the 8" but there is not enough real estate on the "tails" so Im upgrading to the 8.25 this weekend. This one is getting some pal-purchased 5.6 Ventures though. I haven't even gripped it yet, and I know its gonna be dreamy.

I'm considering doing the same exact swap. I had the first session on my 8" twin tail and enjoyed it by the end, but nose manuals felt terrible. My front foot kept hunting for extra space.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5378 on: September 27, 2020, 09:26:03 AM »

Missed this in the shoe talk but NO DOUBT. I put it together and its got a little wobble. Im gonna run to the hardware store this week.
ok thanks

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #5379 on: September 27, 2020, 04:16:09 PM »

Been splurging a bit on shoes the last month but with the Nordstrom's and Cons sales I couldn't resist, I've been trying really hard to not get another pair of Crockett hi's, they're such good shoes. Really want the green and black Quasis

I really love the Deathwish deck, considered keeping it for a wall hanger. But I'm about to grip it now, excited to go skate it.

And that Theories hat is dope, it fits perfect! And to all other pals out there with a big dome,  I know you feel my pain when it comes to finding a hat that fits well.

Edit: sorry, posted 3 times, there was something wrong with the site, kept saying the pic didn't post
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 07:40:03 PM by PincherBug »

FUBAR

• Rep: 235
« Reply #5380 on: September 27, 2020, 06:39:39 PM »
Set of 52mm 99F4 Tablets...got tired of wating on the 51mm to drop. Love the Tabs over the Classics.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5381 on: September 27, 2020, 07:23:52 PM »

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5382 on: September 27, 2020, 08:01:53 PM »
mob grip.
definitely feels better with non skate oriented cupsoles than vulcs imo
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 596
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #5383 on: September 28, 2020, 05:30:48 AM »
4 pairs of Joslins. 5 sets of trucks: 2 pairs of indy 149 from that recent daddies sale,  ace 44s and 55s, thunder 151. Multiple varieties of risers, mounting hardware, bearings, bushings. Shop T's. A Powell Ray Barbee ragdoll cards shirt. And some pig rails. I took my rails off a new deal board back in '91 or so, and haven't had any since.

That's how operating a skateshop during Covid drought feels like sometimes

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #5384 on: September 28, 2020, 02:56:04 PM »
The Holy Trinity
149 Thunder Team Hollow
54mm Spitfire Conical Fulls
97du Deluxe Supercush

flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5385 on: September 28, 2020, 04:06:51 PM »

Just got this south american collab: Sunrise skateboards (Chile) x Delivery Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Gorgeous board IMHO.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #5386 on: September 28, 2020, 04:20:17 PM »

Just got this south american collab: Sunrise skateboards (Chile) x Delivery Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Gorgeous board IMHO.

I like that a lot. And how at the top of the graphic, you can see the wood like it’s clouds or some shit is cool.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5387 on: September 28, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »
The Holy Trinity
149 Thunder Team Hollow
97du Deluxe Supercush

nice trio. Starting to feel like my 97a supercush are too hard tho.

FUBAR

« Reply #5388 on: September 28, 2020, 07:05:16 PM »
Got my Lynx Zeros today...didn’t feel too bad (moonboot-y) just skating around out front of the house. I’ll wear them while out and about for a week or so before skating them full time. I’m an 11 in every other shoe and these went TTS for me.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #5389 on: September 29, 2020, 03:25:17 AM »
Expand Quote
The Holy Trinity
149 Thunder Team Hollow
97du Deluxe Supercush

[close]
nice trio. Starting to feel like my 97a supercush are too hard tho.

Damn that's a bummer. The pair I'm running currently in my ventures have broken in great. Stable with a surfy turn and good rebound.way better than the stock and bones I've tried. Maybe get a pair of the 94du to try?

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #5390 on: September 29, 2020, 10:54:29 AM »
My girlfriend just got me these for our anniversary. Am really looking forward to trying the p2 shape. The Fastbreaks feel really good. The toe doesn't look as round on these compared to photos I've seen on here.

FUBAR

« Reply #5391 on: September 29, 2020, 01:20:49 PM »
Dude the P2 is rad, you will love it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #5392 on: September 30, 2020, 04:10:22 AM »

Gorgeous board IMHO.

word, that board is a beaut.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #5393 on: September 30, 2020, 11:58:59 AM »
My girlfriend just got me these for our anniversary. Am really looking forward to trying the p2 shape. The Fastbreaks feel really good. The toe doesn't look as round on these compared to photos I've seen on here.

I’m not interested in the intimate details of your relationship (that’s a lie), but....how? Like how was she so able to come thru with the correct items? Most people I’ve dated have been like ‘hmmmm you are so crazy about the stuff I didn’t know what to get/didn’t want to get the wrong thing’, which I always thought was a completely accurate take, although less romantic. ‘Oh you got me 8.25” chocolate board because you know I liked that company (back in the day not now damn lady pay attention), how sweet of you babe!’. Her: ‘it’s not the right one is it?’ ‘No it totally is! (It’s not I skate 7.75 baby damn!). Her, sniffs...’well I wasn’t sure and...’ last skateboard gift ever.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5394 on: September 30, 2020, 12:22:47 PM »
Just ordered a navy blue S-HORTY-S hoodie. Had 3 of those back in like 98-01, it is embarrassing how excited I am to have one again. (Well when it shows up)

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #5395 on: September 30, 2020, 03:46:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m not interested in the intimate details of your relationship (that’s a lie), but....how? Like how was she so able to come thru with the correct items? Most people I’ve dated have been like ‘hmmmm you are so crazy about the stuff I didn’t know what to get/didn’t want to get the wrong thing’, which I always thought was a completely accurate take, although less romantic. ‘Oh you got me 8.25” chocolate board because you know I liked that company (back in the day not now damn lady pay attention), how sweet of you babe!’. Her: ‘it’s not the right one is it?’ ‘No it totally is! (It’s not I skate 7.75 baby damn!). Her, sniffs...’well I wasn’t sure and...’ last skateboard gift ever.

lmao. +1. So I'm really lucky and I know that. I'll show my girlfriend something around holidays etc and she always comes through with it. I don't know if she's ordering it immediately after I leave the room or I just show her so much shit that she knows what I like. It might be because she's fascinated with how obsessive I am over my gear and is asking why I think I want xyz. All I know is she's a keeper.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #5396 on: September 30, 2020, 04:18:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

*Boards and shoes baby.. boards aaaaand shoes!*
[close]

[close]

lmao. +1. So I'm really lucky and I know that. I'll show my girlfriend something around holidays etc and she always comes through with it. I don't know if she's ordering it immediately after I leave the room or I just show her so much shit that she knows what I like. It might be because she's fascinated with how obsessive I am over my gear and is asking why I think I want xyz. All I know is she's a keeper.

There really is something special about a partner that cares enough about your obsessive shit that she goes the distance to get you cool stuff you want. My girl is like that too and it has made me pay more attention as well, but it sure as fuck isn't easy haha.

Just ordered a navy blue S-HORTY-S hoodie. Had 3 of those back in like 98-01, it is embarrassing how excited I am to have one again. (Well when it shows up)

That's so dope! I had the grey one with navy sleeves as a kid and lost it to some dipshit homie who borrowed it, I remember being so hyped on it. I've been really wanting to get a new one too but since I gotta order to Europe, I've been waiting for something else to even out that shipping with. Next run of Muska silhoutte decks, it's going down.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5397 on: September 30, 2020, 04:26:19 PM »
My wife knows so when she gets me stuff she's aware that the board is 8.5, F4 conical fulls on 53 or 54, indy 149, bones bearings.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1923
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5398 on: September 30, 2020, 07:32:21 PM »
Hard to order a box of 5 Dwindle boards (4 Darkstar, 1 Blind) for a homie whose kid was obsessed with Darkstar graphics. Shipping was expensive but at least the kid took 3 of the 5 decks I ordered.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #5399 on: September 30, 2020, 07:37:23 PM »
Fresh polar deck, Dane Brady football, and a no comply hat.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.