Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 970226 times)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5610 on: November 15, 2020, 08:22:32 AM »
Expand Quote

New local brand "Argo"
BBS wood, standard medium concave
They have a graphic board which looks pretty sick, but I really like the stain color of this
https://www.argoskateboards.com/collections/decks
[close]

Looks great. What are the dimensions?

This one is 8.25x31.75 with a 14wb.

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #5611 on: November 15, 2020, 12:38:12 PM »
Just got this Blockhead Streetstyle reissue. One of the first street shapes ever made. Been after one for a while and jumped on it when they came back up.  Flat as a tack, normal tail & wheelbase length but with a shorter nose.  Got some Pink 80s Rib Bones ready to go on it.

Dimensions: 9.125 x 30.125”, 15.5” wheelbase, 6.625 tail, 4.25” nose (longer because of modern hole pattern)

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #5612 on: November 15, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »
Picked up a set of Venture 6.1s I had a set before but I think I had them on the wrong deck. 

This time around I had them on an 8.5 Almost deck with a 14.25wb and I had a great weekend of skating. 

Just ordered a set of 5.6 hollow to try on an 8” deck with a 14wb.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #5613 on: November 16, 2020, 04:31:17 PM »

Been going on a spending spree. Bought this Isle board online and actually got a different one than the one I ordered - that's online shopping for you. But I'm still hyped on it, nice shape and dimensions that aren't different from the initial board I wanted. And it's Generator wood which I don't even think I've skated before.

Three new pairs of shoes as well - Supra Elevates that I got for a good deal on eBay. Also the Mike Arnold Copa Nationales and the Lakai Carrolls, both these shoes are butter and not bulky at all like I was worried about. Tried both on and they feel fantastic. Going to be a good time next year when the snow melts, even though I've got about three older pairs of shoes to skate/kill beforehand.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #5614 on: November 17, 2020, 06:06:57 AM »

Been going on a spending spree. Bought this Isle board online and actually got a different one than the one I ordered - that's online shopping for you. But I'm still hyped on it, nice shape and dimensions that aren't different from the initial board I wanted. And it's Generator wood which I don't even think I've skated before.

Three new pairs of shoes as well - Supra Elevates that I got for a good deal on eBay. Also the Mike Arnold Copa Nationales and the Lakai Carrolls, both these shoes are butter and not bulky at all like I was worried about. Tried both on and they feel fantastic. Going to be a good time next year when the snow melts, even though I've got about three older pairs of shoes to skate/kill beforehand.

i really dig the cop nationale design and loved how they skated- superglue the seams, though!!!
if i find the carrolls on sale ima grab those too

alecjahr

• Rep: -108
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5615 on: November 17, 2020, 07:41:23 AM »

got this for the wall because I like the film, but I kinda want to skate it.  does anyone know if Hockey keeps this graphic in the rotation regularly?
This one come back from time to time I think this is the 3rd drop of these in 2 or 3 years.

treflips_up_yer_nan

« Reply #5616 on: November 17, 2020, 01:10:05 PM »
Bought these two in a bundle, 100 euros total including shipping. My verdict is Polar knows how to make comfortable skate pants that look great off and on the board.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5617 on: November 19, 2020, 06:21:56 PM »

Pretty excited, 3rd AWS I ever bought in my life. First one after the reboot.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5618 on: November 19, 2020, 07:52:13 PM »

They’re awesome boards. Nice nose and tail easier to find short wheelbase and bbs wood. Can’t be beat

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5619 on: November 19, 2020, 09:41:15 PM »

I really like these Huf pants. They’re looser than anything I’ve worn in close to two decades
fuck you bama

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5620 on: November 20, 2020, 02:32:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They’re awesome boards. Nice nose and tail easier to find short wheelbase and bbs wood. Can’t be beat
This one is 14.25, my happy place.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #5621 on: November 20, 2020, 02:58:01 AM »

[/quote]

Where did you order from? I don’t want to shop at a place that sends the wrong deck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #5622 on: November 20, 2020, 03:11:23 AM »

What's the length?

Can you post a top and side Pic? I've had that deck in my cart for like two months but I'm kind of hesitant because someone said it's the same as the polar 8.25 shape which I have and don't like. I don't know if I got a top stack one or they're all like this, but the tail is really steep even for BBS (steeper than any of the 6 or so hockey/fa boards I've skated. Nose is great but I just ghost pop all over the place unless I skate it on venture lows or mini logos.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5623 on: November 20, 2020, 05:04:38 AM »

I really like these Huf pants. They’re looser than anything I’ve worn in close to two decades
are those the HUF boyd? How’s the weight at 10.5 oz?

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5624 on: November 20, 2020, 07:12:31 AM »
Just pulled the trigger on these bmx vans. Never skated a toe cap or high top so it’s gonna be a few firsts. But it’s a waffle cup and duracap so for $50 why not.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5625 on: November 20, 2020, 07:21:13 AM »
Just pulled the trigger on these bmx vans. Never skated a toe cap or high top so it’s gonna be a few firsts. But it’s a waffle cup and duracap so for $50 why not.

don’t the skate pros with waffle cup usually have a gum sole? Haven’t seen that all white

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5626 on: November 20, 2020, 07:37:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
are those the HUF boyd? How’s the weight at 10.5 oz?
They’re pretty lightweight. I wore my first pair for a a couple weeks trying to break them in. They were pretty stiff and didn’t really stretch. After the first wash they softened up and are a lot more comfortable
fuck you bama

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #5627 on: November 20, 2020, 07:46:46 AM »

I used to have that black and yellow eagle hoodie. Lost it on a trip... Still a sore spot and still want to buy another.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5628 on: November 20, 2020, 08:30:07 AM »

Was in Kansas picking up my dog, had to get shit from Walmart and stumbled onto a Hopps tech deck, but low and behold ..
behind that was a Ricky O.

Drive home, my son was all "Dad can I do some grinds on that?"
And I said "Do you even Eastern Exposure, bro?" which just led to confusion and disappointment for him.
But no, you can't grind on my Ricky O brah!

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #5629 on: November 20, 2020, 08:53:04 AM »

Was in Kansas picking up my dog, had to get shit from Walmart and stumbled onto a Hopps tech deck, but low and behold ..

And I said "Do you even Eastern Exposure, bro?" which just led to confusion and disappointment for him.

Awesome to see Ricky and the ToA brands getting that tech deck money.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Fly_Hoenn

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5630 on: November 20, 2020, 11:34:27 AM »

Damn I've been looking at those Huf pants way too long. Is that the black colorway? How does the size fit? I'm a w30 on Dickies 874s don't know if I should go for the 30s or size up just in case.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5631 on: November 20, 2020, 02:30:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's the length?

Can you post a top and side Pic? I've had that deck in my cart for like two months but I'm kind of hesitant because someone said it's the same as the polar 8.25 shape which I have and don't like. I don't know if I got a top stack one or they're all like this, but the tail is really steep even for BBS (steeper than any of the 6 or so hockey/fa boards I've skated. Nose is great but I just ghost pop all over the place unless I skate it on venture lows or mini logos.
Top view:

Nose: 6.85

Tail: 6.81

Length: 31.93
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #5632 on: November 20, 2020, 02:56:05 PM »
I was working outside of Louisville again and made my way back to home. I talked to them for like an hour about hardcore and skating and I had to get a little something for the whole family.

Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #5633 on: November 20, 2020, 03:13:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Awesome to see Ricky and the ToA brands getting that tech deck money.

For real. Did not expect to see that at all. Placed it delicately by my Mullen and Sean Sheffey ones

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #5634 on: November 20, 2020, 03:49:09 PM »

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #5635 on: November 20, 2020, 06:07:34 PM »
Stopped past a local (not my local, but a local) on my way home as they are the only ones in 25 miles that had Bones Swiss in stock at the moment. Grabbed those and got lured into another set of ACE 44’s.

My brain “it’s gonna be different this time, they’re going to work perfect and you’re going to love them. Just like every other time you’ve ridden them for 4 session and went back to venture”
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #5636 on: November 20, 2020, 06:09:44 PM »
just bought some swiss too (6 ball version).  haven't had swiss in a decade or two.  had a great session and was nailing all my flip tricks somehow.  wasn't really going faster, just easier/less effort
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #5637 on: November 20, 2020, 06:10:29 PM »
Stopped past a local (not my local, but a local) on my way home as they are the only ones in 25 miles that had Bones Swiss in stock at the moment. Grabbed those and got lured into another set of ACE 44’s.

My brain “it’s gonna be different this time, they’re going to work perfect and you’re going to love them. Just like every other time you’ve ridden them for 4 session and went back to venture”
Have Ace 3 chances and no... Then I went back to my Ventures until I reached the axle and then came back home to Indy.
Couldn't be happier
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #5638 on: November 20, 2020, 06:53:08 PM »

Should I wear a cup when doing skatboarding tricks?..

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #5639 on: November 20, 2020, 06:58:09 PM »
I also just ordered some 44s. I like Ventures, but I also fuck with them to make them turn better, so I'm hoping Aces will be a good out of the box experience, or that the cool factor will be enough to make me not care.

Also grabbed some authentics for chilling and carhartt double knees for the winter. The pants still feel like I'm wearing 2x4s, but hopefully they'll soften up quickly with how often I fall.