Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969721 times)

SuchAverage and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #5910 on: January 13, 2021, 07:20:31 PM »
Expand Quote

4th time I've ordered from parade.  I ordered these on Saturday and they got here today very quick.
With shipping and exchange rate they cost me about $58 Aussie per set.. 
Can't find 50 mm f4's in Australia...         

Judge if u like
[close]

Nice!

Re judging - I know a lot of people will instantly start into the "support your LOCAL shop / industry" but as you said, you cannot get 50mm wheels anywhere in Australia right now and that actually worked out a very competitive rate.

Who was the shop they came from, given everything always comes from a shop and parade are just the facilitator?
  Energy Skateshop Orlando
I know what your saying and really I only go parade when I can't find what I'm after here in Australia
Even if the prices and delivery times are sometime better from Parade..  ::)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5911 on: January 14, 2021, 05:33:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

4th time I've ordered from parade.  I ordered these on Saturday and they got here today very quick.
With shipping and exchange rate they cost me about $58 Aussie per set.. 
Can't find 50 mm f4's in Australia...         

Judge if u like
[close]

Nice!

Re judging - I know a lot of people will instantly start into the "support your LOCAL shop / industry" but as you said, you cannot get 50mm wheels anywhere in Australia right now and that actually worked out a very competitive rate.

Who was the shop they came from, given everything always comes from a shop and parade are just the facilitator?
[close]
  Energy Skateshop Orlando
I know what your saying and really I only go parade when I can't find what I'm after here in Australia
Even if the prices and delivery times are sometime better from Parade..  ::)

What I am finding interesting is so many bigger shops over there are getting solid orders of all the good stuff, but it seems there is still so little actually coming into this county by comparison.  From following way too many shops in AU and in USA, it is a definite shortage here still.
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #5912 on: January 14, 2021, 12:58:23 PM »
Lakai Griffin and some shorty's hardware.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5913 on: January 14, 2021, 01:42:44 PM »

Pivot cups are self explanatory, but I got the indy bushings to swap out just my top bushings
fuck you bama

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5914 on: January 14, 2021, 01:53:22 PM »
nice cups, you won't regret those

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #5915 on: January 14, 2021, 02:14:27 PM »
i grabbed a pair of riptides for venture and ended up throwing them in my ace's too.. seemed to fit fine.

i need some indy 94 bushings .. maybe even 92 would work. cowtown just sold out of em

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #5916 on: January 14, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »

Legit. Does changing pivot cups make a huge difference? I'm on Ace 44s and 55s stock and love the way they feel.

tom

• SLAP Pal
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5917 on: January 14, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
i grabbed a pair of riptides for venture and ended up throwing them in my ace's too.. seemed to fit fine.

i need some indy 94 bushings .. maybe even 92 would work. cowtown just sold out of em
try Socalskateshop.com. They have the 92’s in stock. Might only take a day or two for delivery to Arizona

Expand Quote
[close]

Legit. Does changing pivot cups make a huge difference? I'm on Ace 44s and 55s stock and love the way they feel.
The stock pivot cups are pretty cheap and shitty. I blew them out fairly quick which led to the pivot hole on my baseplate getting oblonged from the hanger moving around too much. Haven’t had that since changing to the Riptide cups
fuck you bama

imjusthereforthechips

« Reply #5918 on: January 14, 2021, 05:53:46 PM »
f4 97s 56mm(yes, they're awesome), 2 sets of 101 satori, ventures off ebay, and a orbital sander since ive lately been cutting decks. gotta buy a new cv axle for my car, too. just waiting on that stimulus check.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #5919 on: January 15, 2021, 05:14:44 PM »

92 is where its at if you're in the 170-180lb range in my opinion. Still get that nice surfy turn but enough resistance to avoid wheelbite and keep you stable when you're setting your feet up. I just got my first set of 94 and they're ok but I prefer the 92.

Btw venture stock bushings are 94a so you could always use those if you have a pair. Destructo are probably around that duro too, maybe a little stiffer. I would avoid doh-doh 95a though... they're decent enough but tend to get chewed up and lose their resilience after a little while.

Oh and if anyone has film hards... they freeze up bad in the cold. Like rock hard, no turning at all after 5 minutes in freezing temps. Never had a bushing that did it as bad as those do.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5920 on: January 15, 2021, 06:22:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
92 is where its at if you're in the 170-180lb range in my opinion. Still get that nice surfy turn but enough resistance to avoid wheelbite and keep you stable when you're setting your feet up. I just got my first set of 94 and they're ok but I prefer the 92.

Btw venture stock bushings are 94a so you could always use those if you have a pair. Destructo are probably around that duro too, maybe a little stiffer. I would avoid doh-doh 95a though... they're decent enough but tend to get chewed up and lose their resilience after a little while.

Oh and if anyone has film hards... they freeze up bad in the cold. Like rock hard, no turning at all after 5 minutes in freezing temps. Never had a bushing that did it as bad as those do.
good shit. i am 200 and just put a set of 97a supercush in 169. I think 94a would be perfect in the winter then. The 97a in the summer then, but its pretty hard and gotta really lean into it. might try flat top washers too.

PincherBug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -102
« Reply #5921 on: January 16, 2021, 08:06:50 PM »
I was looking to get the new skate sk8 hi's and found these instead and i really like them.

Sk8 hi 138 Decon SF
Came with Ultracush, i love how they fit.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5922 on: January 17, 2021, 03:28:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

not sure what bushings I have in the standard ones but they felt a bit off on my last skate, like they weren’t returning back to center... wondering if I should lube the pivot cups, any film advice would be appreciated!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5923 on: January 17, 2021, 04:09:44 AM »

not sure what bushings I have in the standard ones but they felt a bit off on my last skate, like they weren’t returning back to center... wondering if I should lube the pivot cups, any film advice would be appreciated!

If you haven't skated them in a bit, just give them a bit more time to warm up and ease in - had a board I hadn't skated in a while that I had a roll on and the bushings felt like rocks, but after a bit they were much more back to normal.  When I say a bit, it might have been an hour or so.

The old heel toe heel toe heel toe leaning side to side, then turn it around and do the same on the other side sometimes helps.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #5924 on: January 17, 2021, 04:49:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you haven't skated them in a bit, just give them a bit more time to warm up and ease in - had a board I hadn't skated in a while that I had a roll on and the bushings felt like rocks, but after a bit they were much more back to normal.  When I say a bit, it might have been an hour or so.

The old heel toe heel toe heel toe leaning side to side, then turn it around and do the same on the other side sometimes helps.

cheers, that makes me feel better because I actually had these trucks on ice (literally because it's been cold here) for a few weeks while I was deciding what deck to set them up on. My skate yesterday was probably an hour in total but they still felt a little bit weird to me, I was having a pretty shit day so I'll give them another go next week.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5925 on: January 17, 2021, 05:48:59 AM »
Made it to the local w a buddy so he could grab the last resorts but I just grabbed some thunder hardware and ML bearings for a new set up and a long sleeve shop tee

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #5926 on: January 17, 2021, 07:11:57 AM »
Set of medium bones bushing for a new set of 8.25 tensor mag lites. Stoked to try them.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #5927 on: January 17, 2021, 12:22:09 PM »

After picking up some curry goat, I called my local on a whim and they had one more set of these in 147.  Glad I got em, and from there too.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #5928 on: January 17, 2021, 12:46:34 PM »

After picking up some curry goat, I called my local on a whim and they had one more set of these in 147.  Glad I got em, and from there too.

Never had the team hollows. Want the team hollows. 147s are the shit, for me.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #5929 on: January 17, 2021, 03:27:10 PM »

Just picked this up at 303.  Made in Colorado so that's pretty cool.  It's just a cruiser, so whatever, it looks like it will be fun but the tail is a bit long.  Got some ricta clouds for it.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #5930 on: January 17, 2021, 08:31:15 PM »
My recent pick up from Tri Star Skateshop in Cleveland, OH!
Solid shop and they have a cool board box, also!
Two 8.5s and Mob:
- Anti Hero Pfanner - digging the solid pale white/yellow graphic
- Black Label Troy - this one has a nice medium full shape to it. Not pointy and not super full either. Stoked on this one for sure! Thanks everyone that chimed in with feedback on Label, I have a feeling it will be good once set up

Super Champion Fun Zone

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5931 on: January 17, 2021, 09:56:13 PM »
Two 8.5s and Mob:
- Black Label Troy - this one has a nice medium full shape to it. Not pointy and not super full either. Stoked on this one for sure! Thanks everyone that chimed in with feedback on Label, I have a feeling it will be good once set up

Been wanting to pick up a Chris Troy deck for a while, he was the hottest thing for a brief period but faded into the background in the 2010s. Tri-star is a rad shop, good customer service.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5932 on: January 17, 2021, 11:31:00 PM »
Two 8.5s and Mob:

Curious if both boards are the same size, more so width wise, as I know the AH is supposed to be shorter in wheelbase and length than the BL, but if you have had a peek at the DLX board sizes thread, it would be interesting for your input.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=114805.0

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9958
« Reply #5933 on: January 18, 2021, 11:07:22 AM »
After seeing all the glowing reviews on here, I picked up some of the Riptide pivot cups. Worth the $, very good.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Croquet temper

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5934 on: January 18, 2021, 01:09:21 PM »
I bought Bones Swiss a couple months ago. I will be completely honest and say that they are no better than any other functioning set of bearings I've ever skated.

It really seems like my Shake Junt bearings are better. They spin for longer, for sure.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:22:53 PM by Croquet temper »

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #5935 on: January 18, 2021, 02:22:21 PM »
Darkpools...dope Label deck! You described the shape perfectly...not too full and most def not pointy. Solid deck for sure. Been skating mine for two months now and still full of pop.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #5936 on: January 18, 2021, 03:33:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Two 8.5s and Mob:

[close]

Curious if both boards are the same size, more so width wise, as I know the AH is supposed to be shorter in wheelbase and length than the BL, but if you have had a peek at the DLX board sizes thread, it would be interesting for your input.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=114805.0

Label is noticeably longer at 32.25 compared to 31.85 AH. Width-wise, under my feet, Label feels like a "full" 8.5" and the AH feels like a modest/small 8.5. Will CC my input (and more) to the other thread. I haven't noticed DLX mislabeling the size for any of their boards over the years but it's possible they do some "rounding" of the measurements or tapering to shapes that affect the accuracy of those specs.

Darkpools...dope Label deck! You described the shape perfectly...not too full and most def not pointy. Solid deck for sure. Been skating mine for two months now and still full of pop.

Thanks!! My preferred shape is the slightly full but not too full and looks like I scored on this one! 2 months and still going strong? That's awesome! I can't wait to set this one up! I usually run boards 1-2 months depending on how soggy they get.
Super Champion Fun Zone

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #5937 on: January 18, 2021, 05:04:27 PM »
I bought Bones Swiss a couple months ago. I will be completely honest and say that they are no better than any other functioning set of bearings I've ever skated.

It really seems like my Shake Junt bearings are better. They spin for longer, for sure.
Report back when you have had your bones for two years without breaking them.

Never had a shake junt or red last that long. Not remotely

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #5938 on: January 18, 2021, 06:38:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This.
Swiss 6 were noticeably faster than other bearings, and lasted. Regular swiss I didn’t notice the speed as much as I noticed the longevity

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5939 on: January 18, 2021, 06:59:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ha yeah definitely!

@Croquet temper Also interested in where you bought the swiss