Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 977773 times)

bluntfullofmid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6300 on: March 18, 2021, 10:39:39 AM »
Sold my DVX about 3 years ago and have been wanting a camera I can film skate and other "lifestyle" shit with so I bought a TRV900 off eBay for $280. hoping its not a dud when it shows up
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 182
« Reply #6301 on: March 18, 2021, 10:43:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Shout out to Gallant and the work he's putting with Visit.  Messaged him and made sure i got some 14" WB boards with choice of screen

[close]
What size did you get? My 8.0 visit was a 14.25 wheelbase

8.0s.
You must have gotten the decks from the latest batch. RG said the only 14wb decks they had were are the 8.0s from the previous clutch order, of which he had these 4 left.  Can you tell which shop your decks are from? i dont think he wants to source from multiple places but had to due to covid

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #6302 on: March 18, 2021, 03:49:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shout out to Gallant and the work he's putting with Visit.  Messaged him and made sure i got some 14" WB boards with choice of screen

[close]
[close]

8.0s.
You must have gotten the decks from the latest batch. RG said the only 14wb decks they had were are the 8.0s from the previous clutch order, of which he had these 4 left.  Can you tell which shop your decks are from? i dont think he wants to source from multiple places but had to due to covid

Mine was from last Summer and was from the batch he confirmed to be BBS on Instagram, at least that’s what I believed

Fooj

• Rep: 182
« Reply #6303 on: March 18, 2021, 06:58:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Gotcha, hopefully they were able to go back to bbs
8.0s.
[close]

Mine was from last Summer and was from the batch he confirmed to be BBS on Instagram, at least that’s what I believed

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6304 on: March 19, 2021, 08:28:54 AM »
artform delivery just came in. the pants were an immediate hit but my hatred for anything close to khaki never left me. overdyed the shorts metacamo™ to "blend in" better with my 97% black wardrobe

og pair:

metacamo

while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #6305 on: March 19, 2021, 02:42:53 PM »
artform delivery just came in. the pants were an immediate hit but my hatred for anything close to khaki never left me. overdyed the shorts metacamo™ to "blend in" better with my 97% black wardrobe

og pair:

metacamo

I have been struggling to find a pair of shorts i like the fit of and those look super solid. I'm 6'6 so that length would probably work well for me. What were the exact measurements? I always thought the artforms were super baggy.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6306 on: March 19, 2021, 03:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote

og pair:

metacamo

[close]

I have been struggling to find a pair of shorts i like the fit of and those look super solid. I'm 6'6 so that length would probably work well for me. What were the exact measurements? I always thought the artforms were super baggy.
im 6'5 and got the large
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Fhk

« Reply #6307 on: March 19, 2021, 03:14:57 PM »

og pair:

metacamo

Those look wicked nice, I got some cargo pants from them today. I love them but I should of sized down. They seem like great quality especially for the price.
 I also ordered a 8" polar deck, pretty excited about that.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #6308 on: March 19, 2021, 03:23:43 PM »
got some sets of Real 3ply risers coming in, both universal and venture. haven't skated risers since I was a little kid and I'm at a point where my balance isn't strong enough to ride my trucks as loose as I like them without board stopping wheel bite. hopefully they're good
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #6309 on: March 19, 2021, 06:54:14 PM »
got some sets of Real 3ply risers coming in, both universal and venture. haven't skated risers since I was a little kid and I'm at a point where my balance isn't strong enough to ride my trucks as loose as I like them without board stopping wheel bite. hopefully they're good

I love them. They definitely don’t feel like you have risers on if that makes sense

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6310 on: March 19, 2021, 07:51:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love them. They definitely don’t feel like you have risers on if that makes sense

hell yeah! I'm experimenting with a few fairly different set ups right now so it will be cool to see how these feel. I'm stoked for less wheel bite

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #6311 on: March 20, 2021, 03:55:55 PM »
why do the krroked $40 decks with eyeballs all over print suck so much?

The shape is good but it just feels so hollow. I bought 2, the first one lost pop so quick, im sure the 2nd will as well.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #6312 on: March 20, 2021, 03:58:29 PM »

The shape is good but it just feels so hollow. I bought 2, the first one lost pop so quick, im sure the 2nd will as well.

they're price points, theyre made different. no idea how though
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #6313 on: March 20, 2021, 04:10:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

they're price points, theyre made different. no idea how though

I would be interested to know.

I've also skated a skateshop blank recently and a CCS board, both were better.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #6314 on: March 20, 2021, 06:01:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

og pair:

metacamo

[close]

[close]
im 6'5 and got the large

Those look a good length. I’m 6’4” so shorts are a struggle. Tall people problems.

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #6315 on: March 20, 2021, 06:05:39 PM »

As said, they are the pricepoint decks, which are a cheaper version of the same shapes and concaves.

Are the ones you have all plain / natural wood stain or are they at least top stained?

I have found that the ones that have all natural ply layers often just do not hold up compared to even the ones with the one top colour, so for anyone who goes hard on their board, or breaks boards, I would stay with the pro wood and not the pricepoint decks.

And what size did you get?
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #6316 on: March 20, 2021, 06:52:29 PM »

Got a few shirts from Julien Strangers new skateshop in Oakland. Two short sleeve(only 1 in the picture because the other is the same graphic in a different color) and one long sleeve
fuck you bama

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
« Reply #6317 on: March 20, 2021, 07:51:29 PM »

I don't know what component is different on the cheap decks, but one can surmise that every stop of the process is like to be cheapened and shortened in order to get you a $40 Krooked
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #6318 on: March 20, 2021, 09:02:27 PM »

Skate stock. Wall ones are packed away with the ones from the first PS series. This Evan Smith shape is just a pleasure to skate. I really don't understand why every woodshop doesn't have a truly mellow mold in terms of both concave and kicks. Making the tail less steep makes a deck so much easier to get off the ground and it really doesn't take that much away in terms of pop. PS has it down to a science (no pun intended) and everyone I know that's tried this shape loves it.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6319 on: March 20, 2021, 09:13:55 PM »

Skate stock. Wall ones are packed away with the ones from the first PS series. This Evan Smith shape is just a pleasure to skate. I really don't understand why every woodshop doesn't have a truly mellow mold in terms of both concave and kicks. Making the tail less steep makes a deck so much easier to get off the ground and it really doesn't take that much away in terms of pop. PS has it down to a science (no pun intended) and everyone I know that's tried this shape loves it.

Your boy pressing any bigger boards yet?

dime a dozen trend skater

• Rep: 6
« Reply #6320 on: March 20, 2021, 09:46:18 PM »
Grabbed a pair of gt blazers in black and white for $30 shipped off Depop, they aren’t brand new but they’ve never been skated can’t really beat that deal.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6321 on: March 21, 2021, 04:26:30 AM »
Bought a Mason board last night, my pocket stills hurts. Prices went way up down here  :'(
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #6322 on: March 21, 2021, 07:43:33 AM »
With PFC back, had to place an order at Library for some 53’s. Only wheel I like as much as F4s.

Can’t get wheels without some fresh bearings, copped some big balls to pair up with the wheels.

Library BTW is quick on the ship tip. Got the message it was sent a few hours after I placed it. Pumped. 5 bucks ain’t bad.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6323 on: March 21, 2021, 11:34:18 AM »

Skating an old Anti-hero I've had it in the backlog in this shape and finally enjoying it (the WB always felt too tight before); note they both actually measures 31.5 and is somewhere between 8.25 and 8.28 (typical of DLX these days)

To get myself down to a smaller WB, I took the slow approach, over the last couple of months I've gradually switched to using tight WB trucks (indy/Tensor/ML) on old decks I've had lying around, 14.25" WB, then down to 14.18", now 14.12" (there was a 14" WB I jumped straight to and didn't like it); I would switch the board up each week to downsize (for the most part they were all generally the same shape and dimensions).

My hope is to get down to a 14" WB when the TiMindys drop.

You'll also note that the Roman Numerals are gone:

Oddly, the last 3 decks I've ordered (3 different companies and woodshops) all came with an orange top ply, which I've always been fond of.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 12:10:13 PM by Xen »

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1111
« Reply #6324 on: March 21, 2021, 11:39:13 AM »

I am glad, personally, that your boards sucked. What an asshole.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #6325 on: March 21, 2021, 11:50:50 AM »

Skating an old Anti-hero I've had it in the backlog in this shape and finally enjoying it (the WB always felt too tight before); note they both actually measures 31.5 and is somewhere between 8.25 and 8.28 9 typical of DLX these days)

To get myself down to a smaller WB, I took the slow approach, over the last couple of months I've gradually switched to using tight WB trucks (indy/Tensor/ML) on old decks I've had lying around, 14.25" WB, then down to 14.18", now 14.12" (there was a 14" WB I jumped straight to and didn't like it); I would switch the board up each week to downsize (for the most part they were all generally the same shape and dimensions).

My hope is to get down to a 14" WB when the TiMindys drop.

You'll also note that the Roman Numerals are gone:

Oddly, the last 3 decks I've ordered (3 different companies and woodshops) all came with an orange top ply, which I've always been fond of.

I've been eyeing that shape for a few weeks now..
Was really hoping for a true 31.7 length :(
But I definitely trust your measurements more as DLX.
Sorry DLX, but I still love ya all. Except for measurements ^^
IG: @flowterspace

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #6326 on: March 21, 2021, 01:48:35 PM »
Mason talks about this shape in his latest Nine Club. He explained that it’s actually 8.25 and it has a shorter wheelbase than the one on the tag. The reason is so that people don’t confuse it with their regular 8.25 boards.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #6327 on: March 21, 2021, 02:53:28 PM »
KT and Evan Smith Scumco guest boards.
Also bought 2 shape shop days.

ballintoohard

« Reply #6328 on: March 21, 2021, 03:23:02 PM »
The Mason deck measures exactly as the label if you put the tape measure in the concave.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #6329 on: March 23, 2021, 01:10:53 PM »
This Bratrud print just showed up. It looks so great in person, but not exactly sure what I’m going to do with it just yet.