Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 677088 times)

graypubes and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

off

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
  • no gods no masters
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6420 on: April 03, 2021, 01:11:31 PM »

never had decks on ice, how do yall deal with this temptation to set up stuff you dont need?!
whatever you do keep it wrapped up

had some decks "on ice" and made the mistake of gripping them. wasted a week testing them lightly, at least i figured out what was staying set up and what was going to storage

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #6421 on: April 03, 2021, 05:30:28 PM »

never had decks on ice, how do yall deal with this temptation to set up stuff you dont need?!
you have great taste. Got the 1991 as well and the Dane 9Ē been in my cart all week. How are you setting them up? 

Surf The Earth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
« Reply #6422 on: April 03, 2021, 10:57:30 PM »
^ thank you! well I am on a Dane1 right now with ace 55s and conical fulls. these were for later down the line when the Dane1 is toast. buuuuut I have a set of 159 Ti with conical fulls I might put on the Dane 1 and set up the popsicle next. To be honest I have no idea yet haha. too many good options to choose, which is a blessing for sure
Proverbs 27:17

Xen

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #6423 on: April 05, 2021, 11:14:08 PM »
The madness continues...if the specs hold up this could be fun as AF.

AWS OG Logo Repeater
https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/og-logo-repeater-8-5

WIDTH (IN):   8.625
LENGTH (IN):   31.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.125

Fhk hu

• Rep: 78
« Reply #6424 on: April 06, 2021, 02:32:49 AM »
The madness continues...if the specs hold up this could be fun as AF.

AWS OG Logo Repeater
https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/og-logo-repeater-8-5

WIDTH (IN):   8.625
LENGTH (IN):   31.75
WHEELBASE (IN):   14.125

The specs on the AWS site have always been good to me. Those are great measurements too

Buttfart Rapedick

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #6425 on: April 06, 2021, 03:45:19 AM »

Set them up and buy more. And then just keep doing that.

At one point I had a stack of probably 30 decks that I had set up and either not liked or just lost interest in and I don't think any of them had more than 4-5 sessions worth of wear. I've gotten better about it as I've refined and narrowed the scope of what I like and most of what I skate now stays in a fairly tidy box. It definitely helps that my two favorite companies both have shapes that I love (half of the scumco PS shapes and DOA flat as fuck) so I haven't been buying as many decks lately.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #6426 on: April 06, 2021, 03:47:35 AM »

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #6427 on: April 07, 2021, 10:02:54 AM »

-Transportation Unit "Oohhohoho Pelliccannnn" x2 (Ive never ridden the super tanker shape but I am stupid and stupid with money so I bought two)
-Slimeballs Guts in 56mm and 53mm (I swap wheels for my mini ramp and street, then back to the 56 for park/bowl)
-Bronson Raws for the 53mm, Ceramics for the 56mm (like I said, stupid/stupid)
-Some Plague hardware, my Bender order isnt here yet, but I had this from a Shrunken Head PDX order
-no name no branding risers!! fuck yeah!!!
-Mob of course.

the real question....set it up and skate it with the slightly worn, plenty of life, nicely broken in 55 Classics in the photo? or hold out for full-blown Christmas Complete and AF1 66s?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
  • Go Faster!
« Reply #6428 on: April 07, 2021, 10:19:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Apparently I had an Amazon gift card balance I was unaware of so...

[close]

Please report back your thoughts. Thinking about ordering some shortly.
[close]

Included speed rings are wonky as fuck shape-wise, I have not seen such low quality speed rings before (you can see how off they are in the pic) they are almost oblong shaped but seem to be flat which is all that matters. I think the ring is wider overall - compared to stock thunder and indy washers for sure - and seems to be made to cover/overlap the entire inner race. Nit picking here.

They follow the 'balls out' design of all Bronson's. Thin red line faces out.

Set them up in spit tablets, no issues with the spacers being too wide, bearings sit flush in their seats. Minimal play inside for the spacer.

First roll, they're smooth and really quiet, but it's going to be a while before they break in; will report back.

Not having the case's lid click to lock into place is really annoying, it just falls off unless you store it upright = rubber band to the rescue; I've got the bones bearing cleaning kit so I doubt I will ever use this to clean anything (but I will store cleaned bearings in it).
[close]

Super good initial feedback. Thank you. My shop hooked me up with a BCU and while pretty nifty and handy, I fully agree that the lack of snap-on or clasp for the lid is a really stupid oversight. Thanks again and keep the updates coming!!!!

They've broken in it feels like, much faster, a little louder but....that's about it really. If I had to guess this is more of a few months of wear and tera scenario. So far so good though.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #6429 on: April 07, 2021, 11:01:52 AM »
Just placed an order at orchard.
Got a slipmay with the logo on it and some hardware and those wooden dlx risers. Going to reset my cruiser up with those quantum bearings but I canít for the life of me find my ventures that fit and itís driving me nuts

YungJugg

• Rep: 76
« Reply #6430 on: April 07, 2021, 02:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Apparently I had an Amazon gift card balance I was unaware of so...

[close]

Please report back your thoughts. Thinking about ordering some shortly.
[close]

Included speed rings are wonky as fuck shape-wise, I have not seen such low quality speed rings before (you can see how off they are in the pic) they are almost oblong shaped but seem to be flat which is all that matters. I think the ring is wider overall - compared to stock thunder and indy washers for sure - and seems to be made to cover/overlap the entire inner race. Nit picking here.

They follow the 'balls out' design of all Bronson's. Thin red line faces out.

Set them up in spit tablets, no issues with the spacers being too wide, bearings sit flush in their seats. Minimal play inside for the spacer.

First roll, they're smooth and really quiet, but it's going to be a while before they break in; will report back.

Not having the case's lid click to lock into place is really annoying, it just falls off unless you store it upright = rubber band to the rescue; I've got the bones bearing cleaning kit so I doubt I will ever use this to clean anything (but I will store cleaned bearings in it).
[close]

Super good initial feedback. Thank you. My shop hooked me up with a BCU and while pretty nifty and handy, I fully agree that the lack of snap-on or clasp for the lid is a really stupid oversight. Thanks again and keep the updates coming!!!!
[close]

They've broken in it feels like, much faster, a little louder but....that's about it really. If I had to guess this is more of a few months of wear and tera scenario. So far so good though.

A cleaning case that doesnít close properly sounds like a mess waiting to happen.
working hard like if he was from the 1920s or something

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
    • Aural Buthcheryers
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6431 on: April 08, 2021, 10:56:29 AM »
For the wall (8.5")

https://www.volatilemerchandise.com/subhumans-skateboard/

Outstanding.

I gave my brother Bryan this sweatshirt right before he was killed. I had just seen them again. What a show. He may have been buried in it.

Tons of outstanding gear right now on this thread.

My stuff came today. I'm pretty frickin stoked. I haven't had Chukka boots in so long. I'm set on footwear for the summer months I believe.

I needed a skate tool so badly too. Orchard is number one. I'm so excited to go out skating tonight I may drive into the city after my appointment at 4.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

CrimsonGhost

• Rep: 23
« Reply #6432 on: April 08, 2021, 11:10:20 AM »
Originally planned on skating a Primitive 8in deck but I didn't like how mellow it was + the graphic was transfered upside down on the deck so that would of really fucked with my gear ocd trying to figure out the nose from tail. Long story short ended up coming upon this Real Chima deck in a Vans store while returning some shoes. It's stamped 2 in the stack.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6433 on: April 08, 2021, 11:43:27 AM »
R1 construction is the truth.

Masshole

• Rep: 5
« Reply #6434 on: April 08, 2021, 12:29:40 PM »
Expand Quote

Outstanding.

I gave my brother Bryan this sweatshirt right before he was killed. I had just seen them again. What a show. He may have been buried in it.

My stuff came today. I'm pretty frickin stoked. I haven't had Chukka boots in so long. I'm set on footwear for the summer months I believe.

I needed a skate tool so badly too. Orchard is number one. I'm so excited to go out skating tonight I may drive into the city after my appointment at 4.

Really took advantage of that sale huh? Kicking myself for passing up on it

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
    • Aural Buthcheryers
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6435 on: April 08, 2021, 04:53:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Outstanding.

[close]

Really took advantage of that sale huh? Kicking myself for passing up on it

Fucking a right https://youtu.be/4j_cOsgRY7w

Perfect timing.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

ldmch11

• Rep: 11
« Reply #6436 on: April 08, 2021, 05:14:39 PM »
i like how dlx boards feel but real has some of the worst graphics out

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6437 on: April 08, 2021, 05:47:57 PM »
i like how dlx boards feel but real has some of the worst graphics out
Primitive are worse imo

Maccat

• Rep: 19
« Reply #6438 on: April 09, 2021, 05:30:40 PM »
Got a little d-runk on this Friday night after work and bought some more 8.25/8.38 TT's and some titanium 144 Indys.
[/quote

Drunk shopping can be the best time. No seconds thoughts, just wants. Enjoy the consequences later.

FUBAR

• Rep: 21
« Reply #6439 on: April 09, 2021, 07:05:53 PM »
Scooped up a Picture Show 8.25 and a set of 53mm OG Classics today. Hope itís not wheelbite city for me since I donít skate risers but I do ride semi tight trucks.
Be your own person

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #6440 on: April 09, 2021, 08:08:49 PM »
Yo pretty sick. I bought an Ace LS shirt, a hat and some of those wood REAL risers from Orchard. Mother fuckers threw in some ACE wax from the new collection, some AF1 stickers, and a goddamn Orchard branded unit skate tool. Pretty goddamn sick.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #6441 on: April 09, 2021, 11:41:04 PM »

new pass~port 8.25 gripped and ready to rock!
148s (love having some fresh trucks for backup)
suede busenitz
my tabby named Wilbur
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Oaf

• Rep: 9
« Reply #6442 on: April 09, 2021, 11:46:51 PM »
My second 8.28
Setting up the tt shortly with the 97a, but I am torn between ace 44s or 8.25 tensor atg.  It's number IV on the stack, and looks pretty mellow.  The kid has aces and I love cruising on his board, but the tensors grind so bloody well.  I do wish the atgs were a touch lower, too.  Mostly plan on curb crushing with this set up, and maybe try out the ledges I've been prepping up.  Thoughts?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 509
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6443 on: April 10, 2021, 04:10:02 AM »
Some Indy 144 Titaniums, I swore I would never ride a pair of Indys after a middling experience with 144 standards, but I got a pay raise and a small bonus. Now I just have to find the right board for these suckers.

graypubes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #6444 on: April 10, 2021, 08:03:14 AM »
Some Indy 144 Titaniums, I swore I would never ride a pair of Indys after a middling experience with 144 standards, but I got a pay raise and a small bonus. Now I just have to find the right board for these suckers.

Got these as my first indys in close to a decade. They are doing good on an alltimers 8.25

Fhk hu

« Reply #6445 on: April 10, 2021, 08:55:45 AM »
Whoa I haven't heard "middling" in a while :) anyhow I picked up some 144 titanium's a week or two ago, they are wicked light huh? I think mine are going on a 8.25 Ishod symmetrical.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #6446 on: April 10, 2021, 09:19:26 AM »
Yo pretty sick. I bought an Ace LS shirt, a hat and some of those wood REAL risers from Orchard. Mother fuckers threw in some ACE wax from the new collection, some AF1 stickers, and a goddamn Orchard branded unit skate tool. Pretty goddamn sick.
Nice, I have a few things coming from orchard on Monday and one being those wooden risers haha

Fhk hu

« Reply #6447 on: April 10, 2021, 07:22:09 PM »
My second 8.28
Setting up the tt shortly with the 97a, but I am torn between ace 44s or 8.25 tensor atg.  It's number IV on the stack, and looks pretty mellow.  The kid has aces and I love cruising on his board, but the tensors grind so bloody well.  I do wish the atgs were a touch lower, too.  Mostly plan on curb crushing with this set up, and maybe try out the ledges I've been prepping up.  Thoughts?

I got that Mason shape with that Ishod graphic on it in the mail a few days ago. I am perplexed lol

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #6448 on: April 10, 2021, 08:58:37 PM »
^ 8.28 wow - never seen that width  how much of a difference is it?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
  • Hellride v. Wellread
« Reply #6449 on: April 10, 2021, 09:03:33 PM »
Expand Quote
My second 8.28

[close]
I got that Mason shape with that Ishod graphic on it in the mail a few days ago. I am perplexed lol
Lol if it's any consolation I got that Ishod shape with a Mason graphic last year
Also if i thought a mob of yewwing sweaty californians were about to wrap me up in a pabst-scented covid group hug I'd start pushing the fuck out of there too