Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 969940 times)

Bunk Moreland

Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #6540 on: May 05, 2021, 10:29:06 AM »
I ordered some 58 mm spits of classic because loopholes are not that big yet. You know I'll be grabbing 2 or 3 sets when they are available.

I almost got orange wheels. They are my absolute favorite thing in skating. Orange wheels are boss level shit. Reminds me of being a little kid. I always had white black or orange wheels. Blue sometimes.
I didn't want tablets tho and I need to be 56mm up.

Because I've figured out that the checkpoint pro is my shit I got another pair.

The check point reminds me of the year check your head came out. Eli and I were all about that Converse shoe. I think it wasn't called a check point tho?

Anyway I hope you are doing well. I got my second shot yesterday and I feel like total shit.

Deep bone pain entire body.
NFG is doing a preorder fundraiser thing, the link is on their Instagram, but they’re going up to 60. Same as wheels as loophole.

lemonchicken91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #6541 on: May 05, 2021, 10:43:55 AM »
LEt me know how those Grind Kings go, used to love those trucks and everything feels too heavy now.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #6542 on: May 05, 2021, 01:15:32 PM »
Expand Quote
I ordered some 58 mm spits of classic because loopholes are not that big yet. You know I'll be grabbing 2 or 3 sets when they are available.

I almost got orange wheels. They are my absolute favorite thing in skating. Orange wheels are boss level shit. Reminds me of being a little kid. I always had white black or orange wheels. Blue sometimes.

The check point reminds me of the year check your head came out. Eli and I were all about that Converse shoe. I think it wasn't called a check point tho?

Anyway I hope you are doing well. I got my second shot yesterday and I feel like total shit.

[close]

If Spit made some 99 F4 in black, I would be all over them

I have 54 conical fulls I can sell you. Not much use on them. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #6543 on: May 05, 2021, 03:21:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

If Spit made some 99 F4 in black, I would be all over them
[close]

I saw a kid at the park with them. Conical I think. Looks good
I got these Spanky f4s neckface graphic in 99a conical fulls that are orange and they're so fucking sick. I normally don't like colored wheels but these really appealed to me.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6544 on: May 05, 2021, 04:23:22 PM »

They were on sale for like $35. I hope Satoshi is proud of me.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #6545 on: May 05, 2021, 08:28:40 PM »
I ended up grabbing a pair of the ave pros in the black/'gum' colorway. I thought the sole would be way more transparent than it ended up being. Tried em on, fell in love. I havent been this excited walking around in a shoe since the 440s. I know these arent traditional cupsoles but between these and the 440s I lose my infatuation with vulcs more and more.
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #6546 on: May 05, 2021, 10:44:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hopped up out the bed and turned my swag on

[close]

Do I still have to half size down with cons?
[close]
For All star and purcell silhouettes, yeah. I don't know about the other shoes they offer.

So I'd be the same size in Purcells as CTAS?

I hate how inconsistent their sizing is. I've bought 4 pairs of converse over the years and only one pair has fit.

When I was younger sizing never bothered me but now I'm only interested in things that fit properly.

white guy in a durag

• 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #6547 on: May 06, 2021, 08:28:52 AM »
This tax return really got me actin different

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Hopped up out the bed and turned my swag on

[close]

Do I still have to half size down with cons?
[close]
For All star and purcell silhouettes, yeah. I don't know about the other shoes they offer.
[close]

So I'd be the same size in Purcells as CTAS?

I hate how inconsistent their sizing is. I've bought 4 pairs of converse over the years and only one pair has fit.

When I was younger sizing never bothered me but now I'm only interested in things that fit properly.

Yeah, purcells are sized the same as CTAS.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #6548 on: May 06, 2021, 09:56:21 AM »
Was a bit cross faded and apparently ordered two of these bad boys — two shops; other one comes in a few days.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #6549 on: May 06, 2021, 10:11:13 AM »

Wanted to try one of these Orchard shop decks after hearing good things from some Pals. Grabbed a 8.5, then saw they had the 97a F4's... then saw their shop Shorty's hardware rip... then saw they had the silly MOB roller tool for like 1/3 price. Impulse extras that I am stoked on. The MOB roller is nice, I used it twice yesterday, worth the $8
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Fhk

« Reply #6550 on: May 06, 2021, 10:51:23 AM »

8" Project Asteroid/Vehicle collab

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6551 on: May 06, 2021, 10:52:54 AM »
Skate slip ons. Worse pieces of shit ever, just took them out and my feet are killing me
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6552 on: May 06, 2021, 11:01:55 AM »
Skate slip ons. Worse pieces of shit ever, just took them out and my feet are killing me

If they're the Vans Pros (or the new equivalent) they feel WAYYYY better after they stretch out.

Took a week or two as my dog walking shoes to feel better.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #6553 on: May 06, 2021, 11:29:36 AM »
Just bought these off ebay

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #6554 on: May 06, 2021, 11:40:39 AM »
Just bought these off ebay

Siiick!  :o

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #6555 on: May 06, 2021, 02:02:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If they're the Vans Pros (or the new equivalent) they feel WAYYYY better after they stretch out.

Took a week or two as my dog walking shoes to feel better.
Yup, those turds. I'll have to walk them forever, not the idea when you're buying Vans.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #6556 on: May 06, 2021, 05:40:49 PM »

Wanted to try one of these Orchard shop decks after hearing good things from some Pals. Grabbed a 8.5, then saw they had the 97a F4's... then saw their shop Shorty's hardware rip... then saw they had the silly MOB roller tool for like 1/3 price. Impulse extras that I am stoked on. The MOB roller is nice, I used it twice yesterday, worth the $8

Damn @stets , looks like the rollers are gone. I made my own out of an old generic truck hanger with a big cruiser wheel on one side and have been using that for years. It gets the job done but I'd definitely buy one of the mob ones at that price.

The gangemi/pop master decks are good. Is yours an m1? The shape on the 8.12 m1 feels like it's slightly off in some way to me but I really like the 8.25. They feel really light, like.. 6 ply light, which always throws me off for a second when I skate mine. It feels like a product that will be really, really good with a few minor tweaks as it develops. Really cool to have another USA woodshop making very high quality boards again.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #6557 on: May 06, 2021, 07:59:49 PM »
Was a bit cross faded and apparently ordered two of these bad boys — two shops; other one comes in a few days.

Situations like that are why I always avoid buying stuff after a few drinks.

Is that a Steve Powers poster creepin in the background?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6558 on: May 06, 2021, 10:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Situations like that are why I always avoid buying stuff after a few drinks.

Is that a Steve Powers poster creepin in the background?

I have two more boards coming too. My ass needs to stay off the internet when I’m a joint and a few beers in.

Wish it was an ESPO poster. But the poster is by Mark Sloan (studio-sloan.com).

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #6559 on: May 07, 2021, 06:38:58 AM »
I wanted to try some PS Stix again. Got a Quasi 8.125. Wheelbase is 14.1 and Length is like 31.4. But now I know PS measures with the concave, so that's what I tell all the homies from now on.

Just got a funky looking crack (?) on the nose already. Worst case, this will be my rain/cruiser deck.

IG: @flowterspace

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6560 on: May 07, 2021, 07:02:14 AM »
I wanted to try some PS Stix again. Got a Quasi 8.125. Wheelbase is 14.1 and Length is like 31.4. But now I know PS measures with the concave, so that's what I tell all the homies from now on.

Just got a funky looking crack (?) on the nose already. Worst case, this will be my rain/cruiser deck.

That should count as a manufacture defect. Exchange that shit.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6561 on: May 07, 2021, 07:32:09 AM »
PS Stix quality control has been terrible since covid hit - here's my Scumco Evan Smith:
Half tapered, half square, with a huge dent in the middle.

Bolted to a BBS:

Sanded w/MOD:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 07:43:43 AM by Firebert »

white guy in a durag

• 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #6562 on: May 07, 2021, 09:37:50 AM »
Cant wait for the professor to drop the 800 word instagram post detailing the revolutionary geometry of that shape

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #6563 on: May 07, 2021, 09:39:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Never seen something like that before. Especially not on a new deck. But thanks mate. I think I will send that back.
IG: @flowterspace

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #6564 on: May 07, 2021, 10:25:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Never seen something like that before. Especially not on a new deck. But thanks mate. I think I will send that back.

I've gotten a board like that before from a south central company and It did end up breaking 1st session on the end with the split. I was lucky to get it replaced afterwards.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #6565 on: May 07, 2021, 12:59:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Damn @stets , looks like the rollers are gone. I made my own out of an old generic truck hanger with a big cruiser wheel on one side and have been using that for years. It gets the job done but I'd definitely buy one of the mob ones at that price.

The gangemi/pop master decks are good. Is yours an m1? The shape on the 8.12 m1 feels like it's slightly off in some way to me but I really like the 8.25. They feel really light, like.. 6 ply light, which always throws me off for a second when I skate mine. It feels like a product that will be really, really good with a few minor tweaks as it develops. Really cool to have another USA woodshop making very high quality boards again.

It's was marked as M2. Outside of the tail being about 1/8 in too long for my liking, the shape seems good to me! Kinda like good 8.5 Bakers I've skated a few times in the last couple years, but with the 14 inch wheelbase that is so hard to find on bigger boards.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #6566 on: May 07, 2021, 02:24:39 PM »
PS Stix quality control has been terrible since covid hit - here's my Scumco Evan Smith:

Bolted to a BBS:

This board was probably last in someone’s pile to get finished on a Friday before the long weekend. Buddy was just tryina get outta there.

Frank and Fred

« Reply #6567 on: May 07, 2021, 02:29:31 PM »
-Sheet of Jessup.
-And 4* hat.

TheCrimsonShroud

• Rep: 98
« Reply #6568 on: May 07, 2021, 05:21:39 PM »
I got a SWH blank to trash and relearn some shit, including what gear I like. Already had to get better bushings. Caved and got some Blazer Mids, may or may not skate them. Looking at the Lakai x Black Sabbath Tulfords. Never had a pair of Lakai and I love mids and Sabbath. $90 is an ask though.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6569 on: May 07, 2021, 05:37:44 PM »

That was the first thing I thought when I saw fshalfcabs post - "FireBert has had really shit luck with PS"