Author Topic: Vancouver, BC  (Read 35883 times)

posguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
Re: Vancouver, BC
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 02:25:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Haha Tracer tell me when you're in Delta for a North Delta sesh. Anti-Social and Blvd Skateshop are the cool guy shops, Authentic Board Supply in Surrey usually has good deals. Plaza is a fun park, but the ledges are like street, rough granite. Bonsor by Metrotown is fun, Chuck Bailey, Cloverdale and North Delta in Surrey/Delta are great too. There's lots of good spots you just have to hunt.
[close]

is the north delta park still looking good these days? i haven't been there for so long. fond memories of hauling ass from one side of the park to the other as a young buck to hit the bump to bar. wouldn't mind re-visiting that place.
[close]
Oh yeah, it's still glorious. The locs of my age have since passed on, but there's still the occasional ripper there. It's good because you basically get to shred the park while they stoner 16 year olds sit around in awe.
[close]
Love that park. The only down side is the rain has pitted the smooth cement and it now has the abrasive factor of pumice stone. Any skin that hits the ground will be swiftly removed. Since Chuck Bailey (right by the Gateway skytrain for out of towners) opened its been dead.
[close]
Which is weird because Delta is a 100x better for a street skater. I used to skate there every day, but the bus aint cheap to take every day. Cloverdale is way better then Chuck Bailey too. It's just full of fucking scooter kids.

Kick the scooter kids out?

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 03:44:26 PM »
Yeah then you get the Dad the size of a fucking buffalo kicking your ass, I'm good. There's way too many to kick out anyways.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 04:30:52 PM »
Yeah then you get the Dad the size of a fucking buffalo kicking your ass, I'm good. There's way too many to kick out anyways.

ahh we have those in Portland too. Our parks have those rule signs so we point those out and the dads look sheepish afterwards and usually come back with the "they're only kids" retort and then walk away. The older ones usually get barked at when they're in the way.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 07:27:34 AM »

yeah, you gotta be careful around the scooter kids out in surrey. you never know who'll go crying to their dad who turns out to be HA or some shit like that. i tend to hit those parks around 9am to avoid the crowds.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2015, 08:19:00 PM »
if you're hungry theres a burrito spot across the street called Budgie's Burritos
if vegitarian burritos could make you fat, I'd probably be a truckload by the time my visa runs out. this place was awesome.

been to the plaza twice, it's really nice to be able to skate outside in January. Last time I skated outside this early in year I was wearing thick wool underwear and only lasted an hour.

oh and I have an uncapped ledge right outside my apartment. I guess tracer was lying :(

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 10:57:27 PM »
Expand Quote
if you're hungry theres a burrito spot across the street called Budgie's Burritos
[close]
if vegitarian burritos could make you fat, I'd probably be a truckload by the time my visa runs out. this place was awesome.

been to the plaza twice, it's really nice to be able to skate outside in January. Last time I skated outside this early in year I was wearing thick wool underwear and only lasted an hour.

oh and I have an uncapped ledge right outside my apartment. I guess tracer was lying :(

after the fog finally fucks off it (plaza) will stay dry for longer periods of time. i'll see ya there.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2015, 10:25:22 AM »
When I decide to quit my current job I need to come to Vancouver with my skateboard on a skate mission. I need a week or so up there to skate all the parks and downtown spots. I also gotta try and hit the RDS shop just cause they're awesome. Got any nice manny pad or ledge spot recommendations?

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2015, 08:22:31 PM »
When I decide to quit my current job I need to come to Vancouver with my skateboard on a skate mission. I need a week or so up there to skate all the parks and downtown spots. I also gotta try and hit the RDS shop just cause they're awesome. Got any nice manny pad or ledge spot recommendations?

the rds shop shut down around 2011. there are a few schools in north van with plenty of ledges to skate, ridgeway and queen mary, and the go to manny spot would be terry fox which is right in front of bc place. bc place is a few minutes skate from the plaza which has tons of pads and ledges to skate as well.

yungtaco

• Rep: 10
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2015, 12:01:40 AM »
yoo fellow vancouver homies I was just wondering if anyone here knows were these spots are? looks like they got to be around east van I lived in the renfrew area for a few years but never came across any of them, any help would be greatly appreciated! figured I would just post up here instead of starting a new thread

doyle

• Rep: 210
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2015, 12:59:07 PM »
not sure where the first one is, the second is knobbed and it's by dundas and victoria in east van, near the mcdonalds, the third is way south at like 46th and nanaimo or something, and the fourth i think is on like 10th by the hospital by granville

yungtaco

• Rep: 10
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2015, 01:11:27 PM »
not sure where the first one is, the second is knobbed and it's by dundas and victoria in east van, near the mcdonalds, the third is way south at like 46th and nanaimo or something, and the fourth i think is on like 10th by the hospital by granville

Rad thank you doyle!! the 3rd rail looks pretty decent gonna have to check er out next dry day

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2015, 07:51:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

the rds shop shut down around 2011. there are a few schools in north van with plenty of ledges to skate, ridgeway and queen mary, and the go to manny spot would be terry fox which is right in front of bc place. bc place is a few minutes skate from the plaza which has tons of pads and ledges to skate as well.

NV ghetto spot is fun....

tidwid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2015, 08:39:34 PM »
4th rail is capped as well last time I checked.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2015, 12:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

can't forget that either. although it's a trash heap at the moment, it will look good soon. hoping for more features this year.

Get fired up

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 10:20:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Hey J soy.
Where abouts is that NVan ghetto spot?   
Looks super fun.
Lead me close and I'll find it. 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2015, 04:32:30 PM »
First narrows.....marine.....cap rd.....lt @ shell.....you'll be awfully close....

posguy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2015, 10:14:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I meant their current place. I have talked to the designer there several times and I might be able to score a visit. Gotta hit him up about it though. All those spots sound sick! I can't wait to take a trip

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2015, 04:43:18 PM »
Surrey, Langley and New West have great spots, they're just spaced out. DT can be such a struggle sometimes.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2015, 05:27:51 AM »
yoo fellow vancouver homies I was just wondering if anyone here knows were these spots are? looks like they got to be around east van I lived in the renfrew area for a few years but never came across any of them, any help would be greatly appreciated! figured I would just post up here instead of starting a new thread

The first rail is not anywhere near east van. I went there once and its rough as shit. The ground is like pebbles that have been cemented over and the rail is talllll. I don't remember the directions exactly.

p.s. those screen grabs are from a video me and my friends made.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2015, 04:31:53 PM »
We shouldn't really be handing this stuff out for free...

YoungChum

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2015, 01:21:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My friends who built it said the land got sold and apparently its gonna be bulldozed very soon

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2015, 12:08:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The first rail is not anywhere near east van. I went there once and its rough as shit. The ground is like pebbles that have been cemented over and the rail is talllll. I don't remember the directions exactly.

what video are they from? got a link?

Jake "The Snake" Roberts

• Rep: 2
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2015, 08:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

what video are they from? got a link?

https://vimeo.com/31244086

Yerp, right here^.  Just so you know, its a homies video so don't expect anything too good.

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2015, 09:58:11 PM »
damn, that nickey part was dope!

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2015, 11:47:58 PM »
We shouldn't really be handing this stuff out for free...
This is the biggest problem in Vancouver right now. People just hoard spots. Of course I understand people don't want to blow out the spots and get them capped, but that's just how you stunt the progression of the scene.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2015, 07:50:12 PM »
I'm clowning on the skate savant app.....you child.....

hydrant hopper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2015, 03:53:38 PM »
Been looking into applying to UBC for graduate school.  Does anyone go to or live near the school?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »
I skate the park regularly and see people coming to skate on campus all the time....it is a bit of a destination spot though because most skaters live on the other side of town.....

20min bus ride to plaza....

hydrant hopper

• Rep: 4
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2015, 12:53:02 PM »
Cool. I've only been to Vancouver once, so I know very little about it.  I checked out the campus, as well as Antisocial and the downtown area.  What does housing in the city usually go for?

Get fired up

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2015, 03:56:00 PM »
Been looking into applying to UBC for graduate school.  Does anyone go to or live near the school?

I did my undergrad there and skated pretty much everyday.   Lots of spots. The undergrounds can be fun if it's raining.  Now there is a park right on campus.