Author Topic: wknd boards  (Read 2695 times)

bongboarder420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
wknd boards
« on: December 03, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »
has anyone skated a wknd board? how do they feel? and what kind of wood are they?

Prince Nelson

Re: wknd boards
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 11:16:04 AM »
Bareback/Generator wood, they're just fine

nice_guy_2

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 04:18:25 PM »
i love bongs i suck on my bong everyday my bong is always there for me

DONT_CARE

• Rep: -9
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 05:20:53 PM »
Ask this stuff on insta not slap, people there actually care about WKND.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2022, 02:56:53 PM »
Just bumping this to report on Wknd shapes. Was looking at boards today and ended up buying this wknd Trevor Thompson board. Twin tail with a bomb ass nose. A là Alien/Krooked/Quasi/FA. Looked at Bakers too and i still find their shapes awful; their noses reminds me of potato chips.

https://ibb.co/Xk4QYG3

https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=145&PID=62278&SKU=170550&LinkID=1
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 07:47:27 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 310
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2022, 03:20:44 PM »
Incorrect, WKND uses PS Stix

Argyle

• Rep: 38
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 03:33:12 PM »
Bought a WKND Tom K deck (the escape from New York graphic) the other week.

8.25 ct shape. I think it's their normal shape but with a 14" wb. Short but very fun.

There's a photo of it in the setup thread but I'm really enjoying it so far.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • Just deck / woodshop info
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 05:55:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That post was from 2014 when they could have been BBS, but have definitely been on PS Stix as you said for a while now.

Edit:

May as well add the WKND shapes here too, just cause I can.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 06:03:24 PM by Woodshop »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2022, 06:02:14 PM »
Just bumping this to report on Wknd shapes. Was looking at boards today and ended up buying this wknd Trevor Thompson board. Twin tail with a bomb ass nose. A là Alien/Krooked/Quasi/FA. Looked at Bakers too and i still find their shapes awful; their noses reminds me of potato chip.

https://www.cowtownskateboards.com/product_detail.cfm?CatID=145&PID=62278&SKU=170550&LinkID=1

That sure is a big blunt nose!

Is it really a twin though?

Just curious as people in the Twin Tails thread might be interested, but I thought that board was a normal shape.

YeoWhattup

• Rep: 22
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 06:48:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Just bumping this to report on Wknd shapes. Was looking at boards today and ended up buying this wknd Trevor Thompson board. Twin tail with a bomb ass nose. A là Alien/Krooked/Quasi/FA. Looked at Bakers too and i still find their shapes awful; their noses reminds me of potato chip.

[close]

Just curious as people in the Twin Tails thread might be interested, but I thought that board was a normal shape.

Def not twin tail, I’ve had this board. More closer to FA imo

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 07:40:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Def not twin tail, I’ve had this board. More closer to FA imo

Damn my bad, i just called it a twin tail since both sides seemed very similar compared to that baker board i was looking at.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 07:43:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

That post was from 2014 when they could have been BBS, but have definitely been on PS Stix as you said for a while now.

Edit:

Wait how can I find out which 8.25 version this is? Honestly, wknd is fucking crazy for having all those differences. It's mad nice of them though. I honestly just look at noses when i buy boards and don't really fuck with wheelbase too much.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 07:56:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Edit:

[close]

Wait how can I find out which 8.25 version this is? Honestly, wknd is fucking crazy for having all those differences. It's mad nice of them though. I honestly just look at noses when i buy boards and don't really fuck with wheelbase too much.

measure the length and wheelbase. trevor only skates 14” wb so his graphics probably are the 8.25CT shape

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 08:35:45 PM »
I have a Trevor Thompson 8.25 and I'm pretty sure it's the CT shape. Really blunt nose.

WKND measures length flat across the deck instead of straight across so bear that in mind.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 02:13:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Edit:

[close]

[close]

measure the length and wheelbase. trevor only skates 14” wb so his graphics probably are the 8.25CT shape

Thats not how it works. They don't only release the skaters graphic in the shape they skate.

Its hard to tell with the reflection/angle in the pic, but if it's a "big blunt nose" it's not a CT. 8.25 CT is their super short (31.2 tip to tip) model with appropriately scaled down kicks, plus they're also quite round and the nose is mellow compared to the other wknd models.

My guess is its just the regular 8.25 wknd shape. Length and wb will confirm it but thats what my instinct was at first glance. It's a solid shape but I really preferred it before they redid the nose a few years back.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 02:25:34 AM »
Just bumping this to report on Wknd shapes. Was looking at boards today and ended up buying this wknd Trevor Thompson board. Twin tail with a bomb ass nose. A là Alien/Krooked/Quasi/FA. Looked at Bakers too and i still find their shapes awful; their noses reminds me of potato chips.

All the WKND shapes are solid. The CT is my favorite right now, it's a perfect little short/mellower popsicle that is super light and easy to flick. The regular 8.25 is broadly comparable to the quasi 8.25, albeit with slightly different shaped kicks and maybe a different (but very similar) mold. The VA I haven't skated for a while but I recall it being not that different from the standard, maybe a little steeper.

If you like those kinds of boards (I do too) then Snack has a really nice square 8.25 shape. Its basically the same as the old FA/hockey one when they were still using PS wood. Doom sayers does too but I think they just use the quasi mold/shape.

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
Re: WKND boards
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2022, 03:22:53 AM »

From a quick search there are at least two different options on current Thompson 8.25 decks, one in the short version Collider graphic and one in the 32.125 length version Bats graphic, from one shop site, but I really don't know now as another site has them all as the CT.

Some good pics here with this one:

https://cardiffskateboardclub.com/products/wknd-trevor-thompson-steak-and-trinity-8-25-deck

From the WKND site, it didn't actually say which 8.25 one of them was either.

They did have another shape guide, so this might be a newer one (or an older one).

One thing that gets me is the two other 8.25 shapes (not the CT) show the same dimensions for nose, tail and wheelbase but the overall length is different, so something seems a bit weird there.  Maybe the wheelbase is different and they haven't listed it correctly, eg the CT is 14, the VA might be 14.38 and the other one just 14.25 or something.

Someone else like BFRD might know more, as I don't really see or deal with WKND or their 8.25 boards at all.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 03:50:15 AM by Woodshop »

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 03:40:18 AM »

After that I forgot to add the Steak and Trinity board is listed as the CT on the WKND site too.

Curious, but that nose looks the same as this one:

https://wkndbrand.co.uk/collections/decks-1/products/wknd-trevor-thompson-steak-and-trinity-deck-8-0-bp

Argyle

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 04:24:17 AM »
Top and bottom of CT shape. Only skated flat so far for about half hour before rain, but short and very fun.

Ignore the off centre stripe on the top. Cocked up the grip.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2022, 05:10:17 AM »
Top and bottom of CT shape. Only skated flat so far for about half hour before rain, but short and very fun.

Ignore the off centre stripe on the top. Cocked up the grip.

Haha I've done that so many times. I use the factory cut edges and line them up with the bolt holes now, then use a pencil to mark the nose and tail. It's not perfect but keeps things relatively straight. I once set up a quasi board with a purposely crooked line I thought would help me "aim" my flick when I was trying to relearn kickflips (it didn't).

Oh and whoever it was that was asking about PS decks with similar shapes, I forgot to mention Strangelove. They have a couple different 8.25s including one that's short like the wknd CT but with a fuller square nose. Look for the ones that are listed as 8.25 x 31.75 (they measure with concave so the normal ones will be listed as 32.125).

Woodshop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2022, 06:36:47 AM »

That looks way more rounded than the other pics from shops.

Who knows what is going on with these boards?!?!

Skatebeard

• Rep: 130
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2022, 06:44:31 AM »
I've got an 8.25CT that i picked up mid last year, didn't massively get on with the short tail and steep blunt nose, deck felt very FA/Hockey-ish to me.

It did have a very quick flick though, nice board but just not my cup of tea.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2022, 07:54:23 AM »
I've got an 8.25CT that i picked up mid last year, didn't massively get on with the short tail and steep blunt nose, deck felt very FA/Hockey-ish to me.

It did have a very quick flick though, nice board but just not my cup of tea.

Sounds like something I’d get, be super hyped about, skate one time, love it, proclaim to all that I had found the answer, skate again, fucking hate it.

So basically like most setups for me. But the short size is intriguing as it’s basically a wider 775 (the length dimensions are very similar to the narrow boards I rode for ever).

Argyle

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2022, 07:58:13 AM »
Haven't had a Hockey deck in a while. Definitely noticed the change from my 8.38 carpet and the polar 91 jr.

This is really nimble, flicks very fast, great for spinny stuff. Half the battle for me (in the short time I've skated it) has been keeping the damn thing straight, definitely less control compared to the longer decks, but hoping that will come the more i skate it.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2022, 11:19:36 AM »
I bought a WKND last summer and the nose was too steep/ short for me (8.0, 32WB). I kept missing the pop on my nollie tricks which pissed me off and ruined a handful of sessions. At least the local I gave it to was able to make use of it.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 11:26:23 AM by Chatbot »

twic3

• Rep: 16
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2022, 11:56:35 AM »
I'm on my 3rd WKND 8.5. The tail and nose is longer than their smaller sizes or other PS board I've ridden. This current one is treating me really good, PS board I had before (older FA, quasi, and past WKND boards) have felt "flat or stale" on me after like 3 weeks but not this one.

Tre

• Rep: 4
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2023, 09:58:09 PM »
Does anyone know what the letters on wknd boards shapes stand for?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 987
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2023, 10:07:55 PM »

WKND = Weekend

Thank you, thank you.

I'm here all WKND.

Honestly, no idea.

al_cvbrera

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2023, 02:07:59 PM »
Tried out the Trevor Thompson shape a while back. Loved the shape, hated how flexy PS Stix boards were. Couldn’t get down with it.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2023, 08:56:25 PM »

football = well it's a football shape or egg.
MP = if i'm not mistaken, that CCS dude Matt Price wanted a 8.5" with short wb. so he had tested a 8.5" WKND with a short 14" wheelbase board. as explained by Prof.Schmitt
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 09:21:06 PM by GBLange »