Author Topic: Best city to live in Canada  (Read 2989 times)

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -8
Re: Best city to live in Canada
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 08:05:49 PM »
The French thing made it a nightmare for me trying to find a career type job in the sciences in Ottawa, and is the only reason I wouldn't bother moving to Mtl.

Toronto has been great so far, I'm just getting properly settled in now but already have better feelings about the coming winter hibernation and as for next spring/summer? I'm pretty muched booked up with fun shit to do already.

I'm not a Canadian and have never been to Canada, but why is learning French such a big deal? I mean if you're really into Montreal otherwise... It's just a language (and a rather easy one to learn if you're a native speaker of English).

fulltechnicalskizzy

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 08:09:12 PM »
I think it's more about science and the fact that every single person in Ottawa registers somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 09:03:07 PM »
I moved to Vancouver a little while back and at least as far as Western Canada goes I can't imagine it losing out to anywhere else around.

I grew up in Calgary and I'm sure it's great for the people that live like middle aged men in their 20's and can't wait to get on the suburban fast track, but it's not a very fun city to be in. Too sprawled out, the transit system/taxi industry sucks, and fun places are limited to a couple isolated pockets that are a bitch to get to/from. Plus the shitty rental housing availability means if you want to live close to the good shit you're paying as much as you would to live in a city with way more to offer.

Victoria's nice and sort of quaint, but it's a total tourist/student town with shit all for employment opportunities. I've spent a fair bit of time in Kelowna too but I loathe that place beyond explanation.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 10:59:15 PM »
You check Nelson? 

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2014, 05:57:44 AM »
Welland

n0torious

• Rep: 153
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2014, 09:18:22 AM »
Toronto's nice, Busey totally won't mind if you eat all his food and make a mess in the living room.