Author Topic: Colin Mckay interview about true  (Read 17214 times)

beazlocal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -28
Re: Colin Mckay interview about true
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2014, 06:59:05 AM »
Colin McKay has been milking if for close to 20 years now, why anybody cares if this guy puts out a part ever again is beyond me.

sms_b

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2014, 07:09:20 AM »
the cocaine-troll speaks in delusions of grandeur.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2014, 07:12:33 AM »

party_toes

• Rep: 3
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
i hope he was as drunk as i thought he was.
76 year old Herman looks more like current Herman than current Herman does.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2014, 10:38:52 AM »
There is no way in hell he (colin) is gonna put out another part, Im putting my money on it.
absolutely. he couldn't even finish his train of thought a few times in that interview.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
Mckay is always saying how down PJ Ladd is for plan B

despite him not having a video part in their super mega release movie , or skating plan B boards

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2014, 10:54:22 AM »
Colin McKay has been milking if for close to 20 years now, why anybody cares if this guy puts out a part ever again is beyond me.

Fans of lip tricks are a dying breed.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #67 on: December 09, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lest we forget he is a pioneer of flip tricks without grabs on vert.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #68 on: December 09, 2014, 11:06:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Exactly...he was a major dude back when.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #69 on: December 09, 2014, 11:11:03 AM »
By not talking about your coke habit, you told us everything about your coke habit.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2014, 12:08:27 PM »
I'm really curious about that Instagram post he deleted after only 10 minutes of being up.  He said it was posted late at night and he "doesn't get down like that on the regular" or something.
ableSkateMag.com

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2014, 12:10:50 PM »
He's got a tiny head
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2014, 12:18:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Definitely one of my favorite vert skaters of all time, but like most pros, I hate hearing him speak.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2014, 12:34:01 PM »
I'm really curious about that Instagram post he deleted after only 10 minutes of being up.  He said it was posted late at night and he "doesn't get down like that on the regular" or something.
This one had me wondering as well. Anybody see it?

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2014, 01:04:45 PM »

I think I've seen other "midnight" posts of his. There were boobs, a thong, a flower and colin. That's all I remember.

Mobflipgonz

• Rep: 3
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2014, 01:23:14 PM »
The black swan reference just basically made me think PJ went insane, had lesbian sex with Mila Kunis, and then wasn't satisfied with anything he produced no matter how good it was.
I want to see a new Colin part. He's always been one of the most interesting vert skaters. Like a tech ledge skater on transition. I don't think he was claiming the backside flip as hard as the headline claimed, he does say he doesn't want to speak for him, but seemed more confident he could and that he wanted to.

The lamest thing ever is when pros claim having a family makes it harder to do their job. Motherfucker, its your job, and now you got kids to feed. In no other version of reality do people have kids and decide that its a good time to start working less hard at their job when they are the family bread winner. No other version of reality. Less time for friends? Of course. No more going out partying? Given. Stop showing up at work? Are you fucking kidding me? Why the fuck would you do that?!

Homer gets it.

Oh, and fuck that drewday kid. I'm kooking whoever linked me to a video where I had to look at his face.

as been quoted before and

Excuses for not filming a part despite having 10 years,

and also

Gip hit the nail on the head. When Colin said "you can't skate for 8 hours a day when you have kids" I just thought about all my colleagues who have kids and work 10-12 hour days.

I know they have to give their input into the brands, but c'mon, I doubt either one is managing any major aspect of any brand to where they are needed on a daily basis. If anything it is a 'want' and not a 'need' to get involved.

I think Colin understimates the value of his footage. I never fast forward a Colin part - he has always been my favorite vert skater.

The video would be so much more enjoyable if you just peppered the legends throughout. Those whose footage is less about being groundbreaking, and more about getting to appreciate the work of people you grew up watching. This is what was lacking from True. Whatever Danny and Colin produce may be better in their own eyes, but it will be less archived and less a part of our history.

As to PJ, that Black Swan comparison is brutal. Guess we will never get the real story with that one.

I'm getting pissed just looking at this image http://cs303105.vk.me/v303105782/59f6/c7d5heFKHpg.jpg. What the fuck is this?! Fucking love that the 18 released a video without any drama, expectations, bs promotion, "pretty sweet got nothing on us", "we have the best skaters", big premiere, no anything. Simple road-vid on Thrasher. Just the crew out there getting it. And getting so much more inspiration out there for everyone to do it in a totally different way than what's almost always promoted in "skate media". So thankful for that. I mean look at their representation and compare it to Plan B's - - at 0:13. I would never buy a Plan B board, ever. I'd be ashamed to be seen with one. It's like co-assigning to every shitty thing that comes out of McKay's mouth during this interview, the private jets, jock-shit, and an overall fucked up view of what to do in life from an enormously privileged position. It's like being proud of wiping the king's ass while he's killing all of your family.

SomeWorries

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2014, 01:30:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The black swan reference just basically made me think PJ went insane, had lesbian sex with Mila Kunis, and then wasn't satisfied with anything he produced no matter how good it was.
I want to see a new Colin part. He's always been one of the most interesting vert skaters. Like a tech ledge skater on transition. I don't think he was claiming the backside flip as hard as the headline claimed, he does say he doesn't want to speak for him, but seemed more confident he could and that he wanted to.

The lamest thing ever is when pros claim having a family makes it harder to do their job. Motherfucker, its your job, and now you got kids to feed. In no other version of reality do people have kids and decide that its a good time to start working less hard at their job when they are the family bread winner. No other version of reality. Less time for friends? Of course. No more going out partying? Given. Stop showing up at work? Are you fucking kidding me? Why the fuck would you do that?!

Homer gets it.

Oh, and fuck that drewday kid. I'm kooking whoever linked me to a video where I had to look at his face.
[close]
While I agree with most of your post I think some pros find it very hard balancing parenting and their relationships with all the touring involved to promote their sponsors and getting footage for videos. I remember MJ saying he missed something like 4 of his kids birthday due to the travel of fully flared, and I can easily see peoples wives having trouble with their husbands travelling so much. So while they didn't have these responsibilities when they were younger and just travelling the world, now they are less able to solely focus on skating due to added levels of stress.
[close]

So it's pretty much like having a higher or senior level job that requires travel and working overtime while having a family?  People have been doing that for a while now and yeah, it sucks sometimes and can be difficult but again, that's your job.  If you're missing four of your kid's birthdays in a row for a video and it's bothering you, then it's up to you to be an adult and go talk to your sponsors to work out a way to balance your life just like it's your responsibility to go talk to your CEO or company president if you're not happy with the hours you're working.  Other people have jobs (some of which have infinitely more important outcomes than a skate video) and families and are able to make it work.  There is no reason that a 30 something year old pro can't fulfill all of his responsibilities if he wants to.

EDIT: Someone mentioned Reynolds a little bit ago and he's a great example of this.  He has a young daughter, runs a board company, helps run a distribution company and so he has a hand in all of those companies to some extent, owns and runs a clothing company, is heavily involved in Emerica, and still managed to travel and film three or four great parts in the last 10 years (and is filming for Made 2 right now).  That puts a lot of people to shame.

Reynolds is always my go-to example when these interviews/videos (or lack thereof) come up. Unfortunately, everyone he looks to be putting to shame have yet to kick their bad (sniff, sniff) habits and get their crap together.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2014, 03:23:07 PM »
I have always had a soft spot for Colin, loved hi skating, would love to see him put out another part.
No man that age should wear a hat like that though...

Mr. Gerbik

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Definitely one of my favorite vert skaters of all time, but like most pros, I hate hearing him speak.

Yeah, still haven't watched it to cringe at him talking. To be fair, he's only really been milking it for like 11 years; Choco Tour stuff was pretty good, he kind fell off with the DC video in 03' but at least put in the work.

On dudes not having full parts, all the namby pampy excuses are bullshit. I just finally watched that Send Help promo, and Brian Heck has a good chunk of footage in there. He lives in North Dakota and works on the Bakken Oil fields. He climbs into fucking oil wells and could die, daily, while on the job. It looks like he self-filmed a couple of his clips too. Dude ripped.

sharkbarf

• Rep: 2
« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2014, 08:41:26 AM »
D Way can't be hyped on Plan B is looking right now.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2014, 08:52:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

This came out in 2010 and is really good stuff. I especially like the backsidetailslide backsideflip out. (last trick)

[close]
[close]

Yeah, still haven't watched it to cringe at him talking. To be fair, he's only really been milking it for like 11 years; Choco Tour stuff was pretty good, he kind fell off with the DC video in 03' but at least put in the work.

On dudes not having full parts, all the namby pampy excuses are bullshit. I just finally watched that Send Help promo, and Brian Heck has a good chunk of footage in there. He lives in North Dakota and works on the Bakken Oil fields. He climbs into fucking oil wells and could die, daily, while on the job. It looks like he self-filmed a couple of his clips too. Dude ripped.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2014, 08:54:57 AM »
I meant to post this. Colin McKay footage from 2010. Really good footage

Mr. Gerbik

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2014, 08:58:47 AM »
I meant to post this. Colin McKay footage from 2010. Really good footage

Switch bigspin backside nosegrind revert is beyond. I stand corrected on that timeline.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2014, 10:38:48 AM »
^^^ that's all we needed from danny and colin. a minute of footy each. pretty lame that they didn't come through with at least that.

switchbs180

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2014, 02:45:39 PM »
haven't seen that interview. wanted to see how coke kills people but the video has been deleted everywhere.

ShpotaSb

• Rep: -28
« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2014, 03:45:44 PM »
^^ Jeez, 5 years for 1 minute of footage.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 03:53:13 PM by ShpotaSb »

Soggy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »
who the fuck even buys Plan B decks?

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2014, 06:53:23 PM »
Kids that grew out of element....

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2014, 07:01:45 PM »
Cant believe the video has been deleted, im guessing nobody saved it?

Soggy

• Rep: -29
« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2014, 07:14:16 PM »
Kids that grew out of element....

i was stoked on element when i was 13 had some kenny anderson adios as well but now i'm a hip guy with a shaped board and chucks if you want to have sex with me just PM me let me know what gear you rock and just know that orange beanies are so last year