Author Topic: DC INTRODUCES T-FUNK AND BOBBY DEKYZER  (Read 23307 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: DC INTRODUCES T-FUNK AND BOBBY DEKYZER
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2014, 05:30:01 PM »
Are people really hating on T-Funk's style for being short as if that's something he has any control over? Dude did some grown man tricks with grown man style in a little kid body. That's pretty sick if you ask me.

Another funny thing I noticed. If you look in the Felipe True thread, everybody is bitching about the way he just barely taps ledges- but that dude looks like Brian Wenning at his prime compared to the way Bobby Dekeyzer just barely bonks those things, yet nobody says a word. I like both of them a lot, and think Bobby's part in this was amazing, and that Felipe's part in true was amazing. I just find it funny how one thread is filled with that hate, and the other has none at all. Its almost like a completely different group of people are responding to this part and the Felipe one.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

sms_b

« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2014, 06:19:01 PM »
the kids appear to be alright.

eastenders

• Rep: -115
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2014, 06:46:59 PM »
T-Punk is pretty sick for a 13 year old. That Bobby dude is fucked. Sick flip trick pop and some cool ledge trick. Mark Baines pulled of Happiness way better though.

shredstix

• Rep: -5
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2014, 07:18:03 PM »
T-funk is probably still so short cause of he's constantly smoking weed and drinking, that shit fucks up your growth and he's probably gonna stay pretty small if this is what he looks like at 17.

matter of fact

• Rep: 42
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2014, 07:32:43 PM »
Are people really hating on T-Funk's style for being short as if that's something he has any control over? Dude did some grown man tricks with grown man style in a little kid body. That's pretty sick if you ask me.

Another funny thing I noticed. If you look in the Felipe True thread, everybody is bitching about the way he just barely taps ledges- but that dude looks like Brian Wenning at his prime compared to the way Bobby Dekeyzer just barely bonks those things, yet nobody says a word. I like both of them a lot, and think Bobby's part in this was amazing, and that Felipe's part in true was amazing. I just find it funny how one thread is filled with that hate, and the other has none at all. Its almost like a completely different group of people are responding to this part and the Felipe one.

i just got around to watching this and yeah there were alot of bonks. one of my main issues with the gustavo part was that it's for the plan b video so my standards for it were higher. and now i'm cursed with having to pay attention to how long someone grinds for for all eternity. but i guess i always did that.

anyway i'm definitely going to watch this part again, bobby killed it even with the bonks, seemed to have alot of variety and skates nice and fast. the future looks sick. switch back smith front 180? get the fuck outta here.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2014, 09:22:03 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i just got around to watching this and yeah there were alot of bonks. one of my main issues with the gustavo part was that it's for the plan b video so my standards for it were higher. and now i'm cursed with having to pay attention to how long someone grinds for for all eternity. but i guess i always did that.

anyway i'm definitely going to watch this part again, bobby killed it even with the bonks, seemed to have alot of variety and skates nice and fast. the future looks sick. switch back smith front 180? get the fuck outta here.
 I know in Bobby's Blue Tile part that some of the ledges he skates are really close together.  The courthouse benches where he does the line with the kf back noseblunt in Toronto are a good example of how good this kid is. The ground is really rough and there isn't much time at all to set up in between benches.  In cases like that it's almost impossible to grind the entire bench.  He's still young, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he starts grinding most of his tricks a bit more when possible.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:25:00 PM by skateboardnorth »

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2014, 12:39:39 AM »
I saw T Funk in Tampa and yea he looks and sounds all of about 13 (whens he's not on the board).  He was drinkin beers, smokin weed, and generally actin all tough while looking like Doogie Howser.  I'm sure he'll sprout suddenly and he's gonna be fucking gnarly.

Napoleon complex.
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

SomeWorries

« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2014, 01:00:29 AM »
Expand Quote
And if that confused and insecure Canadian teenager really is going to be one of the faces of a new Alien Workshop, please, Hill and Carter, just cut your losses now. You guys had a COOL RUN; let the legacy of Alien mature more like 101 and less like Blind.
[close]
Lol dude have you ever even met bobby? you're talking about him in your posts like you skate and chill with him all the time. who the fuck are you to talk about his style, trick selection or personality when this is probably the first or second time you've seen him skate? He's found success because he's an incredible skater and people will enjoy watching him. you sure are salty about another person's life

Welcome to Slap. You're obviously new here.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2014, 01:07:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
And if that confused and insecure Canadian teenager really is going to be one of the faces of a new Alien Workshop, please, Hill and Carter, just cut your losses now. You guys had a COOL RUN; let the legacy of Alien mature more like 101 and less like Blind.
[close]
Lol dude have you ever even met bobby? you're talking about him in your posts like you skate and chill with him all the time. who the fuck are you to talk about his style, trick selection or personality when this is probably the first or second time you've seen him skate? He's found success because he's an incredible skater and people will enjoy watching him. you sure are salty about another person's life
[close]

hahaha

says the n00b with his scrawny 190 posts

build a rep first before u try to flex, weasel-dick

8)

SomeWorries

« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2014, 02:43:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

hahaha

says the n00b with his scrawny 190 posts

build a rep first before u try to flex, weasel-dick

8)

Fair enough, but who signs up for a Slap account so oblivious to its reputation?

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2014, 10:48:33 AM »

Some people just refuse to see the truth. Felipe did Nollie flip crooked nollie flip out and grinded the entire stair ledge. No shit you have to tap grind when you're doing nollie/fakie tre back 5-0s, silly silly opinions. Next thing you'll hear is that Torey slides for too long.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2014, 11:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
 I know in Bobby's Blue Tile part that some of the ledges he skates are really close together.  The courthouse benches where he does the line with the kf back noseblunt in Toronto are a good example of how good this kid is. The ground is really rough and there isn't much time at all to set up in between benches.  In cases like that it's almost impossible to grind the entire bench.  He's still young, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he starts grinding most of his tricks a bit more when possible.
hahahaha, now not only did people not mention it, but when I do, they come up with excuses for why its ok if Bobby does it, but not Felipe. Too funny. You guys are looking too hard for a reason to hate on Felipe.

matter of fact

« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2014, 12:18:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
hahahaha, now not only did people not mention it, but when I do, they come up with excuses for why its ok if Bobby does it, but not Felipe. Too funny. You guys are looking too hard for a reason to hate on Felipe.

well it's like corey kennedy's sasquatch part. alot of his tricks had big tic tacs or didn't grind super well or whatever. i didn't care, it was still rad and it wasn't hyped up for years. if he did tricks that way for pretty sweet i wouldn't be that stoked and would probably say something.

maybe i don't like gustavo, maybe i don't like ledge tricks grinding less than a foot. there was enough going on in bobby's part that the short grinds didn't feel like most of what was happening. gustavo's seemed to be only short grinds, but maybe that's because i read the comment pointing out that fact before i watched the video.

can you think of any other video parts where the grinds were as short as in gustavo's part?  maybe i just want everyone to be marc johnson

summertimebluesdaddy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2014, 12:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]
Probably because Flipee's brown and we got some racist sommabitches on here.
Always a bridesmaid, never a bride...

matter of fact

« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
maybe it was that clip of him making fun of a chinese dude for speaking chinese? never really liked him after that. short grinds still suck

abudabi

« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2014, 01:54:28 PM »
maybe it was that clip of him making fun of a chinese dude for speaking chinese? never really liked him after that. short grinds still suck
i watched the plan b video a couple times and i dont remember this, what happened?

SHARPSHOOTER

« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2014, 01:59:58 PM »
I'll repeat this again. Felpie, Nollie Flip Crook Nollie Flip, 6 foot long stair ledge, grinds whole ledge. Go do Nollie Varial Crook and tell me how long you grind.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2014, 02:08:25 PM »
from the second page
Expand Quote
I like T-Funk. He's got some speed and power for such a little guy.

Bobby has fast feet, but his style's a little off to me - his upper body is always stiff, I don't really get it.
[close]

yeah... Bobby's amazing, but he's gotta grind those ledges a tad more in his lines... it was almost annoying to see him bonk the ledge over and over. phenomenal skating otherwise

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2014, 03:13:16 PM »
Wait Tristan's SPOT profile says he's 17.  Is that right?
I thought he was like 13 or 14.  Is this another Louie Lopez scenario where everyone thinks he's a kid but he's actually just a dwarf?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2014, 04:34:45 PM »
I once knew a girl named Tristan who had a star tattooed on her vagina.

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #140 on: December 21, 2014, 04:35:42 PM »
I thought he was like 13 or 14.  Is this another Louie Lopez scenario where everyone thinks he's a kid but he's actually just a dwarf?

He's 17.
RIP Pimp C

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2014, 04:41:36 PM »

Prime Wenning, IMO, is DC video Wenning. He does have a lot of short grinds but he also has some long ones. Felipe is a beast, not my favorite skater by any means, a lot of the shit he did was insane but they were all 2 foot Mike York grinds. Comparing Bobby and Felipe, to me Bobby's style flows more and he didn't skate to some lame Officer Ricki song. Felipe is also pro for Plan B and Bobby is now an AM for DC. Couldn't tell you his board sponsor.
RIP Pimp C

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2014, 04:42:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
�I know in Bobby's Blue Tile part that some of the ledges he skates are really close together. �The courthouse benches where he does the line with the kf back noseblunt in Toronto are a good example of how good this kid is. The ground is really rough and there isn't much time at all to set up in between benches. �In cases like that it's almost impossible to grind the entire bench. �He's still young, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he starts grinding most of his tricks a bit more when possible.
[close]
I never said a word about Felipe.  I'm just pointing out that some spots and tricks are tough to grind long.  Also that Bobby is young and will improve with time. I haven't watched Felipe's latest part so I can't even comment on why people are hating on it.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
�I know in Bobby's Blue Tile part that some of the ledges he skates are really close together. �The courthouse benches where he does the line with the kf back noseblunt in Toronto are a good example of how good this kid is. The ground is really rough and there isn't much time at all to set up in between benches. �In cases like that it's almost impossible to grind the entire bench. �He's still young, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he starts grinding most of his tricks a bit more when possible.
[close]
[close]
I never said a word about Felipe.  I'm just pointing out that some spots and tricks are tough to grind long.  Also that Bobby is young and will improve with time. I haven't watched Felipe's latest part so I can't even comment on why people are hating on it.

That's fair, and I don't have a problem with how Bobby skates, I just think its hilarious how in one thread people are bitching about nollie 360 flip  back 5-0's being too short, but here nobody really seems to in the same angry way.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2014, 06:23:55 PM »

EXCEPT that louie was around 14 when he filmed for the flip video (he's 20 now i think)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2014, 07:19:50 PM »
LOL at people getting angry about how his age compares to his size as if he's intentionally trying to trick them.

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2014, 08:31:10 PM »
I'm not angry.  I just seriously thought he was like 14

SOFT 7

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2014, 08:54:04 PM »
the first guy was a good watch, but theres something next level about the second guy.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2014, 09:08:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He's 17.
Crazy, maybe he does know the meaning behind the words in the song he's skating to then. ("Super stupid got a nickel bag, thought it was coke but it was scag")

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2014, 09:27:37 PM »
Can someone make a .gif of Bobby's half-cab flip?