Author Topic: Alien Workshop returning with no team  (Read 75241 times)

abudabi

Re: Alien Workshop returning with no team
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2015, 05:44:09 PM »
im sore that we probably agree that your facetious opinion is a shitty one, and now we are bitching at each other for no reason. utterly pointless.
how would i not have been making a "grand assumption" if i assumed you were kidding? or i guess you just wanted to make a shitty joke that no one could respond to without looking through your post history and determining whether or not you were kidding based on your online persona.

Iceman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2015, 05:53:38 PM »
the whole point was to not assume, but rather to take the logical approach by making an honest attempt for clarification. if you had, you might have come to the conclusion that my facetious comment wasn't all that bad since it holds a lot of truth being that alien remains near and dear to the hearts of many. therefore some might actually take personal offense. instead, you took the lowbrow route of jumping to a conclusion, projecting upon it further, adding condescension, and ultimately being a sore loser by not admitting to your shortcomings. great job living up to the worst stereotype of a message board poster! you also dashed my hopes that the intelligence level here would improve in 2015 especially since tracer has been absent. yay.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2015, 05:55:13 PM »
p.s. sorry slappers for the thread derailment. homeboy seems like he's just going to continue on and on and on...

abudabi

« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2015, 05:59:01 PM »
again, how would i not be making a "grand assumption" by assuming you were kidding? i know you wrote a lot but im asking a simple question.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2015, 06:01:36 PM »
here we go again. running me in circles. i already responded to that. you seek clarification. it's pretty simple, really.

abudabi

« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2015, 06:08:51 PM »
im not the one who said i made an assumption you person. i didnt assume anything, in fact it would be making more of an assumption to think you were kidding than to take what you said at face value.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2015, 06:12:03 PM »
Shut up.

abudabi

« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »
if you wanna pm me iceman, im fine with that. either way, id prefer that you explain to me where i made an assumption by taking what you said literally.

GoodguyEh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2015, 06:16:35 PM »
I get a sense that everyone in this thread is trying to quit smoking for their resolution and just needs to take a few deep breaths

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2015, 06:17:52 PM »
aww that's cute. your frustration is making you resort to name calling. how endearing.

you don't have to say you made an assumption to actually make an assumption! haha that is absolutely ridiculous! you gotta do better my man. you did assume i was making an entitled statement. duh. we already went over this. the intelligent way to go about it would be to realize that the face value of words are meaningless, rather context and intent are everything. and if you don't know for sure what the context or intent of one's statement may be, then either seek clarification or give it the benefit of the doubt or just leave it alone.

or you could just jump to a conclusion and make an ass out of yourself. then you can make an even bigger ass out of yourself by showing you're a sore loser.

p.s. stop digging yourself into a hole man. none of this would have ever happened if you didn't project that bad attitude my way. lighten up. it's a new year. let's make it positive. besides, we should be making up conspiracy theories instead of having this pointless argument.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 06:20:16 PM by Iceman »

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2015, 06:21:19 PM »
Has there ever been a successful relaunch of a company?

As much as I love the old AWS, just leave it and move on...
1. plan b
2. agreed. what's the point anymore?

abudabi

« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2015, 06:26:50 PM »
aww that's cute. your frustration is making you resort to name calling. how endearing.

you don't have to say you made an assumption to actually make an assumption! haha that is absolutely ridiculous! you gotta do better my man. you did assume i was making an entitled statement. duh. we already went over this. the intelligent way to go about it would be to realize that the face value of words are meaningless, rather context and intent are everything. and if you don't know for sure what the context or intent of one's statement may be, then either seek clarification or give it the benefit of the doubt or just leave it alone.

or you could just jump to a conclusion and make an ass out of yourself. then you can make an even bigger ass out of yourself by showing you're a sore loser.

p.s. stop digging yourself into a hole man. none of this would have ever happened if you didn't project that bad attitude my way. lighten up. it's a new year. let's make it positive. besides, we should be making up conspiracy theories instead of having this pointless argument.
man you already repeatedly insulted me, and you started this shit by intentionally deceiving me after it was clear i didnt realize you were joking.
ive already explained why the context suggested you could easily be serious, dont give me that bullshit lesson on words.
if you think that it is completely ridiculous that someone would say "ill never forgive them" for potentially ruining aws, you need to spend more time on this site. there is no reason for me to assume you were kidding.
statements generally are treated as literal unless you are given a reason to assume otherwise. you gave no reason.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2015, 06:29:19 PM »
holy fuck, you guys are still going on about this? what's that one saying about winning arguments on the internet again or whatever?

all anyone wants from this thread is unverified rumors, just spew some o' dat.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2015, 06:38:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
man you already repeatedly insulted me, and you started this shit by intentionally deceiving me after it was clear i didnt realize you were joking.
ive already explained why the context suggested you could easily be serious, dont give me that bullshit lesson on words.
if you think that it is completely ridiculous that someone would say "ill never forgive them" for potentially ruining aws, you need to spend more time on this site. there is no reason for me to assume you were kidding.
statements generally are treated as literal unless you are given a reason to assume otherwise. you gave no reason.
like i said previously, you didn't deserve a sincere answer since you didn't ask a sincere question. if you had been sincere you wouldn't have gotten set up like that. but you refuse to take responsibility for the initial interjection of condescension, and, amusingly, you don't like dealing with the repercussions of it either.
it's not my fault that you take the lazy minded approach by choosing to generalize all of us, rather than being logical, and hence, cautious in your reading into posters and their words. so don't complain to me that you got what was coming to you. now, can we stop clogging up the thread. we have important speculating to get to. if you feel the need to pointlessly argue further, please do it by private message.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2015, 06:39:27 PM »
holy fuck, you guys are still going on about this? what's that one saying about winning arguments on the internet again or whatever?

true dat.

foley_

• Rep: 7
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2015, 06:43:14 AM »

Posting more random splices on instagram a few mins ago.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2015, 08:54:34 AM »
They just tweeted this.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2015, 09:49:59 AM »

I think its " Arguing with someone over the internet is like being in the Special Olympics, you may win..... but you're still regular"

edited

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:57:17 AM by tobey »

Early Hokus Pokus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2015, 03:52:21 PM »

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2015, 04:23:59 PM »
I just want Alien to die a peaceful death. Please.

ungzilla

« Reply #110 on: January 02, 2015, 04:28:27 PM »
the sexual tension in here is unbelievable

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #111 on: January 02, 2015, 06:49:50 PM »
If Powell and Santa Cruz, whom haven't been relevant since the late 80s, can still sell boards then Alien can certainly comeback. This small company thing will cannibalize itself soon enough. 13 year old kids that pay full price for decks don't care about Gilbert's (or Olson's, or Dill's, or Alv's) micro hipster board brand.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2015, 07:46:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Is chad bowers making these decisions or someone else ?
[close]

Chad Bowers is heading up 'Mother' with Gilbert, Jake, Tyler and Omar and has no affiliation with the new Alien Workshop.

thanks. this whole thing is pretty crazy. i had high hopes for a workshop redux, but without bowers it makes me feel queasy. i hope mike hill got his groove back or something, that'd be pretty cool. 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1957
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2015, 07:47:47 PM »

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -3
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2015, 02:50:34 AM »
Expand Quote
If Powell and Santa Cruz, whom haven't been relevant since the late 80s, can still sell boards then Alien can certainly comeback. This small company thing will cannibalize itself soon enough. 13 year old kids that pay full price for decks don't care about Gilbert's (or Olson's, or Dill's, or Alv's) micro hipster board brand.
[close]

I wouldn't be so sure on a comeback based on the history of those companies. Santa Cruz whored themselves out with soft goods; Alien already tried that and it didn't work.

Look at some of the (IG) figures related to these newer brands: Polar has almost 100K followers (I couldn't believe it either). Enjoi has about the same amount, and Alien only has 2/3s of that. Polar isn't going anywhere, and may not even be considered small anymore. FA hasn't posted a single photo, yet they have 10K followers. Then there are the smaller brands who have strong support in their local area. If Mother is going to be based out of Ohio, what chance does Alien have?

Even so, it all boils down to how everything is run behind the scenes.

Polar is by no means 'micro' in fact I'd say it's rise to popularity was faster than Palace. It is arguably the best selling board brand in most European countries and Britain. Your 13 year old demographic that supposedly pays full price for boards does not exist here. They will either spend the least amount possible or they will be extremely brand loyal and pay what they have to.
Excuse the pun but the situation is completely polarised big brands will exist if they have the financial backing of big business just becaus e they can, but currently 'small' brands are doing well because the consumer has become more conscious , and thanks to the Internet, able to purchase what they want ~exactly~ with absolutely no compromise. If Alien returns it may do well I agree that it's legacy is strong and most importantly held incredible dear by all but you cannot fight excitement and mystery when your core market is jaded and often bored with what already exists.

Jares

« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2015, 06:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I wouldn't be so sure on a comeback based on the history of those companies. Santa Cruz whored themselves out with soft goods; Alien already tried that and it didn't work.

Look at some of the (IG) figures related to these newer brands: Polar has almost 100K followers (I couldn't believe it either). Enjoi has about the same amount, and Alien only has 2/3s of that. Polar isn't going anywhere, and may not even be considered small anymore. FA hasn't posted a single photo, yet they have 10K followers. Then there are the smaller brands who have strong support in their local area. If Mother is going to be based out of Ohio, what chance does Alien have?

Even so, it all boils down to how everything is run behind the scenes.
[close]

Polar is by no means 'micro' in fact I'd say it's rise to popularity was faster than Palace. It is arguably the best selling board brand in most European countries and Britain. Your 13 year old demographic that supposedly pays full price for boards does not exist here. They will either spend the least amount possible or they will be extremely brand loyal and pay what they have to.
Excuse the pun but the situation is completely polarised big brands will exist if they have the financial backing of big business just becaus e they can, but currently 'small' brands are doing well because the consumer has become more conscious , and thanks to the Internet, able to purchase what they want ~exactly~ with absolutely no compromise. If Alien returns it may do well I agree that it's legacy is strong and most importantly held incredible dear by all but you cannot fight excitement and mystery when your core market is jaded and often bored with what already exists.

^Pretty much.

BuddyBaker14

« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2015, 07:54:12 AM »
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't read through the whole thread to check.  Just saw this...wonder what's planned for 2015.
http://skateboarding.transworld.net/videos/alien-workshop-memory-malfunction/

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2015, 12:38:35 PM »
I'm not rooting against them, I think one or two may emerge and stay on for 10+ years. I just don't think that one board brand for every three pro skaters is sustainable. I also question the staying power of brands that don't have A and B-list pros. I just went to the Palace, Welcome, and Polar websites. Polar and Palace don't have team members listed. Welcome does and I only recognized one rider. The kid that was kicked off Huf for riding for Welcome instead of Enjoi.

I'm down for a shake up. Why not? But I'm curious to see if it sticks.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 12:49:26 PM by Robert Baratheon »

GoodguyEh

« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2015, 07:03:08 PM »

they've been posting some pretty wack shit recently, even for aws standards.....

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2015, 07:27:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
they've been posting some pretty wack shit recently, even for aws standards.....

They've literally only posted splices of the video they uploaded with the only exception being the pic of the lever being turned to "ON". So what exactly is the "wack shit"? If you mean the video then you obviously haven't seen an alien video before.